04.

She walks like Rihanna

Peach girl was not at sight, much to Suho's disappointment when he scanned his eyes through the sea of people during lunch break. He had not even bothered to queue up for his share of food but decided to just munch on an apple he brought to college that day. He was not even sure if she was studying in the same college as his but he decided to just hold on to any ounce of hope. That hope to see her again, he had to, and maybe when the time comes again, he would gather up his courage to ask what her name was instead of chickening out like he did earlier. But for one thing he knew, it was better said than done. As he was about to leave his seat at the corner of the canteen, his eyes settled upon something, someone, that someone whom he wanted, yearned to see. She was right there before his eyes and he could feel his heart racing at the sight of her again. 

Peach girl. 

"Suho!" It was Chanyeol yet again.

Suho had figured that it was always at the most inappropriate times that Chanyeol would appear. He averted his gaze, spotting his gigantic friend approaching him with his tray of food. The latter then pulled his arm and urged him to stay seated right beside him as he began gobbling down his food. Looking out to where he had his eyes earlier on, she was not there anymore. He darted his eyes from left to right, in search of that peach girl but to no avail. She was long gone and he wondered if his eyes were playing tricks with him or he had indeed seen her in the college grounds.

"What are you doing?" His friend asked, his left brow raised in curiousity as he continued munching on the remaining vegetables on his plate.

"N-Nothing," Suho replied and Chanyeol knew it was not nothing for sure.

He was certain that Suho was looking out for someone or something but he did not admit it.

"Are you sure? You seemed really caught up with searching for someone or something."

Was I really that obvious? Suho could not help but mentally slap himself at whatever he was doing. He had no intention of telling anyone about peach girl but he knew for sure, he was going to have to tell Chanyeol about it when the time was ripe. He could not come up with anymore relevant excuses when his actions were made so clear and suspicious.

"Actually, just a girl."

Chanyeol cooed, his mouth shaping into an 'o' as he let out a chuckle shortly after. Suho's cheeks reddened, his head hung low as he fiddled with his fingers.

"She must be a real beauty for catching your attention then," Chanyeol continued when he witnessed how shy his friend was being and he thought he should not have made him feel more embarrassed about it.

Besides, he had been there before. He had a crush himself before and he knew how it felt. It was overwhelming and every now and then, the thought of her would resurface in his head, the way she spoke, how she smiled, how she blinked, almost everything. It was hard though, to keep her out of his head and before Chanyeol knew, she was in his thoughts almost everywhere he went. Even with his friends gathered around him, he was shy to raise such a topic because he was certain that his friends would have told him to make a move instead of being such a coward. But who was he in the first place to chase after such a goddess-like girl? All because of that fear that consumed so much of his being, that fear of not being good enough, she was later asked out by one of his friends and she agreed. It was then that Chanyeol knew it was too late, and it was miserable. The feeling of wanting to be that boy who would always be right beside her had long dispersed and he could only feel regretful for not taking another step to approach her.

They stayed silent and Suho stole a glance of Chanyeol's solemn expression. His smile had disappeared. It was a first for he had always seen his friend being hyperactive all this while and instinctively, Suho laid his hand on Chanyeol's shoulder, giving him a pat. He was not sure what words would help and neither did he know why was Chanyeol acting this way out of the blue.

"What are you doing now? I am fine," Chanyeol shrugged it off, that same smile appearing on his face again but this time, a little forced and Suho noticed that evidently.

He did not prod further though and decided to just play along with Chanyeol if that was how he wanted it to be. He did not want their lunch break to end up in an emotional breakdown.

Just then, the bell signalling the end of lunch break rung through the hallways and the students had all sprung up from their seats. It was lesson time again and the duo had to hurry.

 

 

 

Chanyeol was quiet throughout the day and very much absorbed in his own thoughts when he did not personally take the worksheets from his classmate seated in front of him when the teacher had instructed them to each take a piece. Suho noticed that and he found it strange that he was acting this way for the Chanyeol he knew was always such a chirpy friend and an always-smiling one. He was not sure if he had offended him in any way but thinking back, they had not raised any topic that was sensitive to take to heart. It was as if something struck Chanyeol right in the head that landed him in such a state now and even right till the end of lesson, Chanyeol was still seemingly staring into space and lost in his own thoughts.

"Chanyeol?" He called out for the second time when the teacher had already left the classroom a few minutes ago.

Suho had the god to thank that the teacher had not caught Chanyeol being so distracted. He was not jotting down any notes at all and even when the teacher instructed them on what to do for their homework, Chanyeol was either staring down at his notebook or onto his bag that was placed beside his table. No matter how many times he tried nudging him with his elbow, Chanyeol would nod and look up at where the teacher was and minutes later, back at the two things he was staring at again.

"Yeah?" It took Chanyeol seconds later to respond. "Lessons ended?"

His friend nodded slowly, bringing his bag up onto his lap and tucking his books neatly back into his bag. Then, he pushed the notes on his table to his partner seated right beside him.

"This are the notes from earlier. I don't think I'd need them later anyway, so you could bring them home and copy them before lessons begin tomorrow. They are helpful for the assignments we need to do."

"How about yourself?"

"Don't worry. I have all of this in here already," Suho answered, pointing to his head as he caused the latter to laugh, finally.


(!!!) Author's Note: Ba dum, another update after awhile. I hope this is another good chapter, though there wasn't much of surong moments. I promise the next would be filled with more of your expectations. Thanks to those new subbies and also the comments! Hearts. P/S: Have you guys listened to Minah's solo album? It's such a great album and if you haven't, click here. (Though I am not really a fan but great music is worth sharing.)