01.

She walks like Rihanna

Suho watched as the time ticked by, the clock hand pointing to the two digits, again and again. Maybe, it would just go a little faster if he stared like that. Well, at least that was how he imagined it to be. Averting his gaze after what seemed like a good few minutes, he setted his eyes on the eraser dusts strewn all over his desk. He had not remember erasing anything, much less be writing anything with his unsharpened pencil which rolled off the desk the moment he took out his pencil case from his bag since the beginning of Math lesson. 

"Oh, I am sorry," a hoarse voice came from beside Suho, followed by a pair of frantic hands sweeping the eraser dusts off his desk.

Suho kept still, as if it was a right thing for the person beside him to do whatever he was doing right now, cleansing his desk. But he thought it was reasonable enough since he had messed his table in the first place.

"All clean now!" The boy beside Suho beamed, his eyes curving into what seemed like crescent moons as Suho took a glimpse of his table partner for the first few times he had been in this college.

"Thanks," Suho finally mumbled, sticking his hand out towards his partner's direction, expecting for a handshake. "Kim Junmyeon, but you can call me Suho."

"Well, it's nice to meet you. I am Park Chanyeol, you could call me-" he hesitated, pondering hard if he had a 'unique' nickname to claim as his own as well, "Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol." 

And for the next few hours, Chanyeol was behaving all jolly to have befriended the new student in college.

 

 

Suho thought that lessons ended quicker than expected that day, not that he was very mindful of. The thought of having to be back studying again sickens him in the stomach. Luckily for him, it was not that bad to start of, considering the fact that he had just moved to a new neighborhood a few days ago and had to start afresh. As he set his foot out the college premises, Suho inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of fresh greenery. It was not to long after he was greeted with the sight of oak trees located directly opposite of the campus, in a neat row. It reminded him of the old place he used to live in, the oak trees that he used to spend his time under most of the time, reading, eating, sleeping, basically everything else and perhaps for serenity.

Those days were long gone and it just seemed like yesterday he bidded his bestest of friends goodbye and took a last mental photograph of his favourite place: the abandoned park of oak trees.

Suho shook his head, as if trying to erase those thoughts that were surfacing in his head. He figured it was not that easy to put the past behind, not when he had cherished them so much and how they have played such a significant role in his life. It was never easy to change the routine, the things you used to do in your everyday life and now, having it removed permanently from your life just like that, just in an instant. Sure he had doubts about it as well, whether he would get used to it, whether he would get used to this foreign environment. But it was not like he had a choice and it was a matter of time that he should adapt to it.

"Suho!" Suho whipped his head back, only to spot a familiar gigantic figure waving at him enthusiastically.

Chanyeol.

"Wait up!" Chanyeol exclaimed, then he came, sprinting towards Suho with a khaki-coloured harversack strapped behind his back.

So, Suho did, standing still at the spot as he awaited for his newly-befriended friend's arrival. 

"Are you heading home already?" Chanyeol popped that question as soon as he stopped beside Suho, his hands on both his knees as he struggled to catch his breath from the short run.

Suho nodded in response, fiddling with the straps of his very own bag. In return, Chanyeol heaved a heavy sigh, blowing his bangs as he threw his arm around the latter's shoulder.

"Aren't you?"

"Nah, my sister had volunteered to attend some extra lessons so here I am now, being a nice brother of hers waiting for her."

The latter scoffed upon hearing that response. It was rather pleasing to witness such a loving relationship between siblings, who were usually thought to be on bad terms with one another.

"You aren't gonna make me wait with you, don't you?"

"Well, you kind of got that righ -"

"See you tomorrow, Chanyeol!"

With that, Suho slipped past Chanyeol swiftly, walking briskly in the distance, as if afraid that Chanyeol would catch up with him and hold him back. 

"Pft," Chanyeol let out a cackle, earning glances from the female students who were exiting through the main gate of the college.

 

 

After what seemed like a good few minutes, Chanyeol watched as a group of students came streaming out of the frosted glass doors, each with a stack of books or notes in their hands. Of which, he spotted a number of familiar faces, those that he would see in his sister's classes. They smiled at him as they notice him in the distance and so did he. Last but not least, of course, was his sister, always being one of the last students who would exit the premises just because she wanted to clarify about what she had learnt that day. It was no wonder that she is always seen at the top of the ranking board, effortlessly overtaking the rest in terms of academics.

With the pink hood over her small head and a few books clutched tightly in her arms, she came staggering towards Chanyeol, handing him the books in her arms with a huff.

"That sure took you long enough," Chanyeol remarked, reading the titles of the books that she had just handed to him.

"Well, I wanted to ask if the chemical reaction between K-"

"Alright, alright noona. You need to learn how to chill and relax your brain, you know? What if it explodes one day from overloading information?"

"There's no scientific evidence as to-"

"Not again. Let's go home, please?" Chanyeol gave his sister the best puppy eyes that he could, tightening his hold on the books his sister owned.

"Okay, come on. My stomach has been growling since lecture earlier and I kind of hoped that it would end soon but Professo-"

"That's kind of new, noona."

"What's new?"

"You wanting lecture to end soon."

The girl rolled her eyes, as if in denial of what her brother had just claimed.

"I am not that much of a nerd, you know."


( !!! ) Author's Note: It sure has been awhile since I updated this and it is not that I have forgotten about it but I have saved in draft for quite awhile and had a minor writer's block. Nevertheless, I hoped you, readers have enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I do, writing it. It is a pretty short update, not as what I have expected but I wanted to save the meeting between the main characters much later. Once again, thank you for those who have subscribed to the story and left such encouraging comments. I really appreciate it and I hope to see more of it coming in!