Chapter 3

The feeling of true love

Days became weeks and weeks became months.
The blond savior however never appeared again. The last time Sehun saw him, was the night he was brought to Kris, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.
Sehun unsuccessfully tried to get his new roommates and friends to talk about his lifesaver, but they always avoided that topic – they didn’t even tell him the blonde’s name.
And exactly that was, what made the black haired male exasperated. How was he supposed to find his other half, when he didn’t even know his name, nor his hobbies, or habits, or anything… He didn’t even know if his savior still looked the same – maybe he died his hair?

 

 

 

The last few months Sehun was desperately looking for a job, but either they didn’t hire anyone that time, or they didn’t want to hire him. Day after day, he was only rejected and he’d end up in the library, complaining to Kris about the stupid employers.
With the time passing by this became a habit of Sehun – after he unsuccessfully looked for a job everywhere, he would end up talking to Kris, but once, when three cheerful boys entered the library, Sehun found a new topic, because one of these boys happened to find a liking in staring at Kris and blushing whenever he was caught in his act, causing Sehun to sting Kris to just talk to the boy, who obviously liked him, the other, however, refused, saying he, a 22-year-old, could impossibly try to hit on a 19-year-old. Sehun had a theory how Kris knew about the boy’s age, a high-pitched voice in his voice singing ‘Staaaaalkeeeeer’. Little did Sehun know though, the male who continuously visited the library, to observe Kris, wasn’t the only one, who enjoyed those small conversations, he had with the Canadian and by that he wasn’t referring to himself.

 

“Gosh, those idiots of that store didn’t hire me either, even though I had all the required qualifications!” Sehun complained, glaring at random people, who avoided his loathing gaze and quickly wandered off into another direction, as the boy supported his head with his hands, which were resting on the counter beside Kris’s workplace.


“You most likely didn’t have enough experience,” the elder muttered absentmindedly, as he marked some books that had been on loan as returned.


“But how am I supposed to gain experience, if nobody would hire me?!” the male exclaimed desperately and allowed his head to drop, face-planting the table.


“Don’t worry Sehun-ah, you’ll get a job soon,” Kris tried to cheer him up, soothingly rubbing circles on the smaller’s back, just as the door opened again, revealing three by now familiar figures.

 

“Hey Tao, your favorite librarian is here!” a brunet exclaimed, pointing at Kris, as the assessed boy hissed at him to shut up, while Kris lifted one of his eyebrows.


“Hey there, we’d like to return these books,” the blonde of those three told Sehun, causing the younger to arch an eyebrow.


“I don’t work here,” he stated dumbfounded, causing the other to exchange glances with his friends.


“But you’re always here,” the blonde replied this time it was his turn to stare at the younger dumbfounded.


“So what? Got a problem with that?” Sehun snarled and crossed his arms, watching as the other rolled his eyes.


While Kris followed the boy’s wishes, Sehun happened to hear a quiet whisper from the other two boys, “I’m sorry Tao, but now I quite sure he’s his boyfriend.”


If Sehun’s eyebrow could have risen higher, it would have at those words, as he watched the expression of the tall boy fall.

 


He ignored it though.

 

 

 

 


Kris never stressed the maknae to get a job, but Sehun knew he needed to support them financially, they were all in the same boat. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kris always paid the rent for the apartment together, just like the groceries for their everyday meal.
And that made Sehun feel horrible. He was already living with an enormous debt, and the fact that he was in his opinion yet still a burden to his hyungs, because of his disability of earning some money for them as well made everything only worse.
Every day he looked for a job, no matter how horrible it might be, he would do it, as long as he would get paid for it.
Sehun was that desperate, he even thought of selling his body, but his friends immediately started slapping the back of his head, saying they would castrate the maknae, if he dared to let filthy people take his innocence.

 

 

 

 

After yet another rejection of a shop owner, he finally got the perfect idea.
It was a grey and rainy late afternoon and since it was already winter, it was already almost dark, but as this genius thought crossed his mind, he stopped right in his tracks, turning away from the library, instead he immediately turned into a small back alley, despite Kris’s usual warnings of that dangerous place, to get to his destination as fast as possible.
 

 


For once in his life Sehun mentally thanked his parents, for giving him the chance to learn to drive, because now he successfully found a job.
As a taxi driver.


Sehun jumped in joy, when the employer had accepted him, shaking his hand, before shaking his head at the younger’s happiness over such a pitiful job. He had warned Sehun about the bad salary, but the boy couldn’t have cared less.
Before he skipped out of the cab agency, he quickly hugged the elder, who didn’t look much older than Sehun himself.
He found out his boss’s name was Kim Joonmyun, but for some kind of reason, everyone called him Suho.

 

Sehun happily skipped towards the library, taking the same route he used to get to this place, again ignoring Kris’s warning.
Which was indeed a bad idea.
Because now he was in trouble.
In one second the boy happily hummed along the tune of the song, he was listening to, skipping towards the library and in the next second he found himself pushed against the cold wall, his headphones, his phone on the wet and dirty floor and three bulky men in front of them, each armed with knives.


“Well, well, now look at this little cutie. Isn’t he just adorable?” one of them growled with a deep and hoarse voice, harshly gripping Sehun’s chin, forcing the boy to look at his face, causing Sehun to tightly close his eyes, trying to persuade himself about this all only being a horrible nightmare. Sehun’s whole body was shaking and quick pants left him breathless.


“Looks like we made some nice prey tonight, I bet he’s still a !” another one of them voiced out, roughly pulling the boy’s wrist, before shoving his hand into Sehun’s boxers, crudely groping the younger’s , causing him to cry out in pain and disgust.
He was about to fight back, but seeing those big muscles of those three males made him wince. He was aware he would have had no chance against them – three against one just wasn’t fair.
But then the image of this blonde petite boy flashed his mind, the way he looked at him, his pretty lips curled into a dazzling smile, his eyes round and pitch black that said more than thousand words and resembled the ones of a deer, his perfect, soft and silky skin against his… that was enough of an encouragement to make Sehun push the man, who had his hand inside his pants, with all his might, watching as he stumbled backwards.
It was a mistake.
Now all three of them were growling in fury, scaring the boy even more, as one of them harshly gripped Sehun’s hair and threatened to cut his throat with the knife in his hand, making the boy’s eyes widen.

What happened next – don’t ask Sehun, he couldn’t explain it himself – was that a blond boy somehow, with the speed of light, forced the men onto their knees, all of them withering in pain and agony.


“Y-you-…” Sehun’s hoarse voice croaked out. He was more than convinced this boy was also his previous lifesaver.


What the younger however didn’t expect, was to see the other bow, before he dashed into another direction.
Without his own knowledge, Sehun ran after him, trying to catch up to the boy, but it was impossible. He made out how the boy disappeared in the same apartment building as his was, making his hopes go even higher.
But before Sehun could run after him, a hand gripped his shoulder, causing him to flinch, before he turned around.


“Kris!” he exclaimed, already gripping the elder’s wrist to pull him into the apartment, convinced he would find the blonde boy from back then in their small apartment.


The elder however, stopped him, by tightly wrapping his arms around the smaller’s frame, trapping him in a bone crashing hug.


“I told you not to go there! I told you to avoid that alley! I told you to not go there!” he ranted, shaking the younger by his shoulders, as Sehun noticed a trace of tears in the taller’s eyes.


“Hyung, I…” he began, staring at the elder wide-eyed, but he was interrupted by the other, “I told you not to go there! So why did you?!”


“I’m sorry, it’s just-…”


“Just what?!” the elder interrupted him once more, leading the boy by his wrist into their own apartment.


“I was so excited, I totally forgot your warning… but hyung! I got a job!” Sehun explained, and clapped his hands, jumping in excitement at the news, while Kris only stared at him, unable to move or even mutter anything.


“That’s not a valid reason to ignore my warning! Those people there… they are either murderers or rapists! You can’t just go there, no matter how happy you are, you could have died!” the elder scolded, before hugging him again.


“I’m sorry…” Sehun muttered ashamed, his head held low, as he debated in his mind whether to tell Kris about the reunion he had with his savior, decided against it however, as the male had obviously avoided talking about the blonde the last time.

 

Back in their apartment, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were chatting happily, as they had the day off, not having to stay up ‘till 5am like usually, as they were cooking, while watching a culinary show, after the two had taken a shower, their still slight damp hair proving that.


“Hey guys, we’re back,” Kris muttered, tearing the two out of their conversation.


“Where the hell have you been?! We were worried to death!” Baekhyun was about to make the others go deaf, as Chanyeol raised one of his eyebrows, smirking slightly, before he whispered into the smaller’s ear, causing the boy to add quickly, “We couldn’t even find our cellphones, so we weren’t able to contact you!”


“This idiot was attacked by some guys, but got his saved,” Kris explained, crossing his arms as he glared at the smaller, beside him.


“Oh my gosh, Sehun! Are you okay? Did they hurt you?” Baekhyun immediately rushed to the maknae, touching him everywhere, as to make sure, he wasn’t in pain.


“No, Baek, they didn’t get the chance to do so,” he started his sentence, taking a deep breath and making his listeners more curious, before continuing, “Because my savior saved me once more.”


“How can you be so sure it was him?” Chanyeol cut in, immediately knowing of whom the smaller was talking about, just like the others.


“I just know it. He was blond. And he was fast. And he ignored me. That was totally him, I’d dare to bet my life, it was him!” Sehun was determined the blonde was also his previous prince charming, missing how Kris rolled his eyes, as the other two males laughed at his desperation.

 

 

The next day came sooner than he had thought and Sehun was absolutely excited, talking to a young male, called Zhang Yixing, who also went with the name Lay, who happened to be his coworker, as he was waiting for his employer to arrive, to assign him to a cab.


“Oh, you’re already here. Did anybody call, Lay?” Suho asked, the moment he stepped into the room, before rummaging through the drawers of his desk, until he finally found, what he had been looking for.


“Nope, not yet,” the younger replied, shrugging his shoulders, as Suho grinned widely and handed Sehun the key for his taxi, who accepted them with great gratitude.


“Let’s give Sehun the first job for today then,” he watched the maknae bow slightly, just when the phone rang.


“Seoul station cab-agency, how may I help you?” Suho demonstrated to Sehun how this would work, as he was already agreeing to where Sehun would be picking up the one of the other line, and to where he’d take the person.


“Alright, one of my employees will be there in about 5 minutes, thank you for your patience!” with that the eldest ended the phone call, Sehun watching him, one of his eyebrows arisen, as he listened where he would have to go to.

 

The brunet happily threw his body into the grey Ilban taxi, before he typed the address of the venue into his GPS, as he was still about to get better in memorizing the street names.
He halted on the sidewalk, just at the place, where Suho had told him to go to, and waited for a moment, until a couple left a building, rushing to the cab, as Sehun had stepped out of it, already opening the trunk, when he had seen the adults were carrying suitcases with them.
After dropping the couple at the Incheon-Airport off, Suho already called him once more, giving him the next mission.
He felt like the main character of GTA, one of those numerous games, he had used to play, when he was still a pubescent teenager.

By the end of the day – at 9pm to be more precise – he got assigned his last job.
The young brunet had been waiting for almost 20 minutes, and he was just about to call Suho, not knowing what to do, when suddenly a petite redhead, who looked strangely familiar, was pushed into the car, a big and bulky man following after.
The bigger one grumbled an almost incomprehensible address, as he started to the younger boy’s face, before he forced his tongue into the redhead’s mouth, missing how Sehun’s eyes widened, as he furrowed his eyebrows.
Sehun felt a sudden wave of rage strike through his body, and he tightly clenched his fists around the steering wheel, couldn’t disobey his orders though, so he obediently took the two to one of the dangerous alleys, near his own home.


“Move your , you little - ,” the elder fiercely growled to the redhead, when they arrived at their destination, before the young boy quickly left the cab, standing in the pouring rain, as the older male threw some crumpled bank notes onto the backseat of Sehun’s taxi.
Clenching and unclenching his fists, he watched the two kiss in the rain, before the reluctant redhead got pulled into a shabby apartment.
Sehun didn’t know why, but he wanted the old man to stop touching the younger.
He didn’t know any of the two, yet he felt the urge to protect the smaller.
Having no chance left, Sehun pulled off, as he finally went home.

 

“Hyung, seriously… for how long are you planning to continue this ? I swear Sehun is going to make us all go crazy, he’s so desperately in love with you, he doesn’t even notice anymore, when he’s talking about you! You have no idea how much he’s suffering… Alright, just make it end, I don’t care how, but please, hyung, do it for Sehun. It was you, who decided to save him after all,” Sehun immediately hid from the elder’s view, gluing his body against the wall, as he watched Kris leave the apartment, about to go grocery shopping, as Baekhyun and Chanyeol didn’t do it that day.


“I’d be a total idiot, if I wouldn’t take this chance…” Sehun muttered to himself, already holding the intercom hearer, placing it against his ear, as he was redialing the number of the person, Kris had been speaking to a minute ago.


“Yeah, Kris? Did you forget anything?”


Sehun’s breath hitched at the voice.

 


It was him.

 


He would always recognize his savior’s voice, from everywhere.

 


“Yah! Kris? Are you there? What’s wrong, did something happen?” the voice asked alarmed, as the male of the other line hadn’t replied.


Sehun harshly bit his lip, before he gathered the little courage he had and softly murmured, “Hyung…”


The whole apartment layed in silence, as Sehun was breathing heavily, listening to his savior’s own breathing, before the male finally replied, his voice sounding even deeper over the phone, “Sehun-ah… forget about me… I’m no good for you.”


“Hyung, what are you saying! I can’t forget you, never!” the brunet cried out, tears welling up his eyes, as he quietly listened to the other, feeling his heart get stabbed several times, before the other even had the nerve to twist the knife.


“Please, do not contact me anymore,” at those words, Sehun wasn’t able to suppress his sob, hearing a faint ‘Goodbye, Sehun’.


“No, hyung, wait! Please, tell me at least-…” the elder had cut the line, even before the quietly crying brunet was able to finish his sentence, “…your name…”

 

“If you were going to leave me anyway… Just why didn’t you let me die back then…”
 


A/N: Omg I can practically feel just how crappy that was XDDD
I better don't even say anything more here OTL XDD Luv y'all <33 :DD