Chapter 1

The feeling of true love

There was this boy, called Oh Sehun, who had never had an easy life.

Also, he wasn’t really much of an optimist, so he had different opinions of people. He used to think ‘I know all sort of humans, but in the end they are all the same. Humans are horrible creatures, they live to hurt other creatures and to make new ones that will hurt others again. We’re running in circles – in a vicious circle to add.’

That poor boy never experienced true love. He might have grown up with his parents and they might have looked like a happy family, but that was all just a simple façade.

Sehun always felt lonely and scared in their huge mansion, even though there were already more than 20 maids and two nannies, who would have done everything for him, as they had promised, when they signed the contract.

Eventually almost all of these employees left, leaving the back then young teenager in this loveless house.

 

They were scared.

 

They were scared of Sehun, because the boy was never satisfied with their work.

 

Of course it was wrong of him to them around 24/7, but that’s what he got taught by his parents. That was all he ever learned of them.
However, his parents were more than just shocked and disgusted to find out their back then 15 year old only son was gay. They didn’t argue with him about it though.

 

Instead they did much worse.

 

They put an end to his loveless childhood and turned it into a cruel one.

 


He wasn’t spared one of their precious glances, they ignored him to the point he sometimes even started to doubt his own existence.

The two maids left were the only humans he communicated with, those conversations however, were always the same.

In the early morning a maid would open the thick ruby curtains to let the dark and gloomy room get flooded by the sunlight and she’d wish her young master a good morning, before leaving the room with the dishes from the night before. The second conversation a day he had, was just a short while after midday, when it was time for lunch. It depended if he was allowed to eat in the dining hall or not, so either a maid would have to bring him the meal, or get him. Also they always told him to enjoy his meal. Sehun never ate with his parents in first place. They didn’t have the time for such things, even less would they enjoy the company of a gay as they used to call him behind his back.

The last time Sehun would get to talk to someone, was in the evening, when a maid brought him his dinner and wished him a good night.

 

Everytime they met Sehun on the hallways, they only bowed, hoping they didn’t have to start a conversation.

 

It’s not like they didn’t like him, neither the other way round. It was just that Sehun’s parents really wanted him to suffer.

Whenever Sehun spoke to one of the maids, they tensed and avoided his lifeless gaze, hoping he would stop talking soon; and if needed they also replied – but of course their answers wouldn’t consist of more than one word.

 

 

 

 

As soon as the boy turned 18, he wasn’t any longer welcome in his own house, the two maids that were left, were paid to shoo him off and if he refused to leave, the guards would come and literally get rid of him.

All he had left, were some clothes and a few Won in his pockets, however the money was by far not enough to even spend more than three nights in a puny and filthy motel.

But it’s not like he was actually able to sleep, he had spent the nights with tossing around in his small bed, hoping the tiredness would finally take over, but it never did. He wished for the nightmares to flood his mind and take him with them to hell, where he could finally attempt to find his peace.

 

 

 

Left with nothing but his clothes, he headed towards the Han River. He didn’t know why, but he just felt like going there, it was as if something was telling him to go there, also he recalled going there quite often, when he was younger – when his parents didn’t hate him that much yet.

 


The rushing noises of the purbling water made him feel at ease.

It was a spiritual place, a place where he could finally get his mind clear and his thoughts straight.

He sat down in the warm grass and just thought about what happened, how his parents treated him and never supported or even believed in him.

That was the time he realized it wasn’t worth it. Humans were all cruel. And they would never change. They might do bad things unconsciously, when they’re still small, yet a young child is already able to hurt another person.

Then there were humans like his parents, who know exactly what they are doing, they make other people’s lives hard for their own pleasure.
They actually feel good, when they know others feel pain and despair because of them.

 


Sehun tightly clenched his chest, hot tears filling the usually emotionless boy’s dead eyes, before they slowly trickled down his soft cheeks.
 

 


How much he hated his parents.


 

Yes, the might have given him a roof to live under, but nevertheless, in the end they took it away again.

 

They might have spent a lot of money on him, but Sehun never asked to be homeschooled, a simple and cheap school would have done just fine.

 

The driving classes weren’t cheap either, but he never even intended to ask them for some.

 

Of course his clothes were the most expensive, his parents never dared to let their precious reputation get ruined by their ‘unwanted accident’, as they lovingly called Sehun. The only thing they cared for, was their reputation. Whenever Sehun left the house, a maid had to check if he was clothed appropriately, before he was granted outlet.

 

His parents had even hired employees to buy him clothes, leaving him no reason to actually leave the mansion in first place.

Which led to one of his problems: He wasn’t good with directions. That was the reason, why Sehun had no idea where to go to, to find anything.


Even though it was springtime, the boy was freezing. The calm noises of the river became louder and wilder, as the treble level increased, while the wind hit his back, messing up his usually neat, dark hair.

 

 

The tears that earlier slowly trickled down his cheeks, were now flowing in a regular pace.


Sehun had no hope in this world anymore, no hope in humans, no hope in life.

 

Everything he had was destroyed.


He was nothing in this huge and cruel world.

 


He was broken.

 


With slow steps he approached the river and sat down just mere inches in front of it, the water splashing against his frame.


The water was even cooler than the air, making the boy shudder in coldness.


Sehun was about to get up, gather his last few clothes and leave, but then it hit him.

 


There was no place for him to go to.

 

 

There was no one, who would help him.

 

 

 

 

There was nothing for him to live anymore.
 

 

 

 

 

Surprised of his own suicidal thought, he dropped his ped backpack in which his clothes were.

 

Never was he that desperate, to actually even think of ending his own live, but the more Sehun thought of it, the more sense that idea made to him.

 

The longer he imagined his pain to be washed away in this huge river, where he could finally find peace, the more he liked that idea.


Sehun hadn’t even noticed he was already standing kneedeep in the water, before he took a deep breath and lunged forward into the depths of the Han River.

 

The freezing cold caused his body to feel like it was being stabbed with thousands of spears, before it finally numbed it, as his eyelids felt heavier and heavier with every second passing by, forcing the boy to close his eyes, while his lungs were practically screaming for air.

 


With that everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you crazy dude?! You can’t just go swimming in the Han River, do you have any idea just how strong the streaming is?! You could have died! Yah! Are you even listening to me?!” a young blonde scolded Sehun, as soon as he noticed the earlier unconscious boy had opened his eyes.

Sehun’s lifeless eyes wandered to the boy, who saved him, until he met the other’s gaze.


“Y-you saved me…?” he croaked out, his voice hoarse, reaching for the boy, who was kneeling beside him and gently clasped the weak boy’s hand in his own ones.


“Why did you save me?” Sehun muttered, his voice cracking in the middle of his absurd question, as tears already trickled down his wet cheeks once more.

The other lifted his eyebrows in surprise, his eyes widening a moment after, as he realized what this boy had tried to do.

In a blink of an eye, Sehun found himself in a tight embrace of the smaller, his cold body tightly pressed against the warm one of the other.


“What’s your name?” the boy asked, breathing hot air against Sehun’s neck, making him shudder in pleasure at the warmth.


“I’m Oh Sehun, and you-…?”


“How old are you?” the other interrupted him and ignored his question.


“I’m 18, what about-…?”


“Why did you do that?” the blonde demanded, slightly shaking Sehun’s shoulders and reached for a T-shirt to dry him a little. That was when he finally noticed they were both only clothed in two pairs of wet boxers, before he started to admire his savior’s marvelous skin and toned body, especially his abs.


“I have many reasons…” he muttered embarrassed and turned his head away, when he was caught staring.


“There is never a reason to attempt suicide. It is only fear you feel. Don’t be a coward, Sehun. Don’t give up on yourself, Sehun. You’re way too young to leave this world. And when you do, you’ll do it with dignity. Who- or whatever made you think suicide was the right solution, show them how much better you are off without them, show them how great your life gets, as soon as they aren’t special in it anymore. Live your life with honor and happiness. And now pick up your head princess, your tiara is falling,” the blonde lectured and softly caressed Sehun’s back, when he saw him biting his lip.

 

 

“Would you mind if I borrowed some of your clothes? Just for today – mine got a little… soaked… in the river, you know…” the blonde awkwardly scratched his nape, whereupon Sehun quickly jumped to his feet and handed him a pair of his pants and a T-shirt, before putting on some clothes himself.

 

“Do you have a place to stay?” Sehun’s savior asked and continued, when he didn’t get an answer, “Wanna crash at my place?”


Sehun stared at the blonde with wide eyes, making him chuckle, before he grabbed Sehun’s hand and dragged him to a for Sehun unknown place.


A/N: Omg I would have never thought this would turn out like this... well, whatever OTL XD
I knoooow this big time, but whatever~ OTL