Boom! Clap! The sound of my heart.

The Secret Life of Jessica Jung

Well this . I was supposed to update before May 30 ends but I took a long time writing the last scene and proof reading it. But hey! Still, I want to dedicate this update to my precious Yoona who just turned 26 years old! Did you guys see? SHE HAS BLONDE HAIR!!! AND NO IT'S NOT WIG! SHE DYED IT BLONDE JUST TODAY!

Hehe I was really happy today. YoonSic feels and deluluness exploding but hey I love these two to death! Anyway, to my lovely Im Yoona, happy birthday once again! I will cheer for you always. You and SNSD will always have my heart. T______________T I LOVE YOU OPPAR!

 

Anyway, I am so sleepy now. I don't even know how I didn't give up updating this coz I have to freaking go to my internship at 8:00KST. So enjoy this update. Upvote if you liked it and comment your thought about it!

 

-kariboo17

 

*********************

 

If ever Yoona is not around, the associate news director is temporary in-charge. That happens to be Lee Sunny.

 

Sunny walked down the TBS hallway with tons of papers in her arm. She was on her way to the meeting room to distribute the scripts she revised and to distribute the new assignments for some reporters.

 

Entering the meeting room, the reporters turned quiet and paid attention to Sunny. She put the papers on the table and stood beside the whiteboard.

 

"Give me an update."

 

A hand was raised. Sunny pointed her marker at Jongdae, the newest recruit of the department.

 

"Yes, Jongdae?"

 

"Kim Hyung Chul of TS Corporation has announced the engagement of his only daughter to the heir of Dae Gom Oil Industries."

 

Sunny quirked an eyebrow. "Of course, chaebols need to marry chaebols. Millionaires want to be billionaires." She nodded her head. "Okay, Jongdae. I want you to find out when the wedding will take place. I also want you to have an interview of Kim Hyung Chul. The motive for the arranged marriage is obvious but I want to hear it from him."

 

She scanned through the papers she brought and handed Jongdae his revised script for tonight. "But I don't think anyone is interested to find out the love story of So Nyuh Shi Dae."

 

"But this is a big issue, Miss Lee! All of them except the maknae and the shortest one are dating! They are our precious jewels and now they are already taken."

 

"I'd let you report this, Jongdae, but try not to sound like an obsessed fan." Sunny relented. If Yoona was here, she would have thrown this report out. It's not worthy to be reported in primetime news. A showbiz talkshow would be a more appropriate show.

 

"Sunhwa... What's your scoop?" She turned to Sunhwa, another newbie.

 

Sunhwa jerked in surprised. She fumbled with her notes, making Sunny roll her eyes. "Yeon Ho Joon has announced that he will temporarily stop sponsoring Seoul Police Department."

 

At the said story, Sunny couldn't help but frown. "He is halting his support? But he's SPD's greatest benefactor."

 

Sunhwa nodded. "Police chief Ahn Gong Jin made a statement that due to auditing concerns Yeon Ho Joon is temporarily stopping any financial help to review their financial statements."

 

Sunny shook her head. "I think chief Ahn is not entirely telling the truth. There must have been a reason Mr. Yeon stopped his support. They probably no longer trust each other anymore or there is a much worse issue. Sunhwa, I want you to find out what it is. Yeon Ho Joon's company is so big that having auditing problems seems impossible. He has the best team and I doubt they will be this reckless. Yoona will be happy if you uncover that reason, Sunhwa."

 

Sunhwa nodded in determination. She felt really grateful for her sunbae Yoona and in order to make her proud, she's going to uncover this issue.

 

The meeting went on with Sunny returning revised scripts to its respective reporter. Honestly speaking she was more flexible and gentle with how she handled the group. If Yoona was here, she would have scrapped Jongdae's scoop out. She would have liked Sunhwa's scoop though. Yoona always preferred topics that are eye popping and interesting. News like that get a lot of buzz.

 

Before Sunny could leave the room, she was called by Sunhwa. They waited for everyone to leave until it's just the two of them or more like Sunhwa waited.

 

"Sunny-ssi. Yoona unnie gave me something two days ago. She said I give it to you after two days." Sunhwa handed Sunny a brown envelop that was a little bulky. "She said that this is her latest report. She said there is a very important note inside and that this scoop need to be reported ASAP."

 

Sunny took the envelop. She didn't bother asking what the contents are since Yoona probably didn't tell her anything. After all, the parcel was for Sunny's eyes only.

 

Thanking Sunhwa, Sunny headed to her own office. She didn't have anything else to do but to check Yoona's parcel. Maybe it was something important since Yoona rarely comes up with a scoop since she was promoted. She was always busy monitoring other reporters, reviewing scripts, evaluating different news programs, and doing her duty as a wife.

 

Sitting down, Sunny poured the contents of the envelop on top her table. Aside from a note with Yoona's obvious handwriting, there was only one thing that fell down the envelop and it's a flashdrive.

 

Sunny eyed the drive curiously, wondering how come someone like Yoona who isn't that childish like Sooyoung and Taeyeon has a Rilakkuma flashdrive as a storage device.

 

"Maybe Jessica gave it to her." She reasoned, knowing very well that Yoona's childish actions may be influenced by Jessica herself. She remember hearing that Pororo song as Yoona's ringtone. She said Jessica found it cute and made it their couple ringtone.

 

Taking her own laptop, Sunny switched it on. She put the drive on the side and read Yoona's note first.

 

Sunkyu, by the time you read this note I'm probably absent from work and you should know it's not sickness or any other personal reason. It's either I'm dead or missing. I got a huge scoop and I just finished documenting it. All the results are in the drive. I just need you to promise me that whatever the content is inside this drive, do not tell it to anybody else including my wife, Jessica. I want you to personally play my scoop, Sunkyu-yah. Play it during the Primetime news without getting the permission of anybody. I have no one else to trust but you. In your hands lay the truth the people of Korea needs to learn.

 

Sunny read it until Yoona's signatory before turning to the flashdrive on the side of her laptop. Reading Yoona's letter was very alarming. Yoona said herself she could be missing or dead. It has been two days already and Yoona didn't file any leave nor did she call in sick. In fact someone two days ago called in to check if Yoona was in the building. Was it Jessica? But if it was her then she would have called Sunny personally and ask.

 

Putting the note down, Sunny entered the flashdrive on her laptop. She waited a few seconds until a folder popped up.

 

It was a video.

 

Clicking the icon once, she found out the video was more than ten minutes long, fifteen minutes and forty seven seconds to be exact. Sunny opened the video.

 

There was nothing on the screen except a couch and a laptop. The video was shaky and soon Yoona's voice was heard. She was fixing the video camera probably to focus on her. She then sat on the couch, looking so tired. It seems like she had a sleepless night.

 

"Okay. I'm all set." Yoona breathed out. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen especially to the people of Korea. I am here to bring a huge scoop that I got from a very reliable lead."

 

Yoona reached down, out of camera view, and when she sat back up she already has a thick brown envelop with her.

 

"First I guarantee you that all the things I will report have proofs. All of these have been confirmed by the banks, by witnesses and by my own investigation." Yoona continued. "Second, the reason I made this video is to report all these things as soon as possible. There is a probability that I may not be around anymore by the time this get broadcasted." She paused, swallowing a little. "And thirdly, the reason I opted to report these things is because of the fact that I couldn't trust anyone these days. There are a lot of names, big names, that will come up today and they are not good people."

 

Sunny rested her elbows on the desk, propping her chin with her intertwined fingers. She was kinda nervous looking at the video, as if this is Yoona's last appearance.

 

"I will show you all the names and bank transactions of these people." Opening the brown envelop, Yoona brought out thick documents. Page by page she showed it to the camera. "I will no longer say their names because you will see it page by page. The moment this news get reported people will probably capture each screen and upload it on the internet which is exactly my goal. These people can manipulate the media, the government even the police which is the department that should be protecting us all."

 

"If you will see here," Yoona stopped on a page and there was only one name with several transactions in the page. "Seoul Police Department chief Ahn Gong Jin has received a large sum of money collectively and the transactions date back to August 23, 2010. If you already forgotten, that date was around the time two bodies were found dead in one of Yeon Ho Joon's factories due to gunshot wounds."

 

Sunny frowned, remembering the chaos that time. The police investigation was concluded after one day stating that the deaths were self-inflicted. There was an uproar for the public didn't accept that excuse. Suicide inside a factory that has been getting complaints about unfair employee treatment and illegal waste was highly improbable. It was more plausible that the deaths were pre-meditated to shut their mouths. The two bodies found were the employees who filed a complaint regarding unsanitary practices including illegal waste. If they weren't killed for their silence, which was what the public thinks was the case, then they don't know what it is anymore.

 

"And then the next day," Yoona turned the page. "Yeon Ho Joon's company made a statement stating the two deceased employees resigned from the company already so they are in no way related to them anymore." She pointed at the page. "And at the very day Yeon Ho Joon's bank account received a hefty sum of anonymous cash donation. Somebody behind Yeon Ho Joon and Ahn Gong Jin was giving them financial support to make sure they keep their stories clear and synchronized."

 

"By the time this report gets aired, it was done without the discretion of the big bosses of TBS network." Yoona reached for the photos beside her, showing it clearly to the camera. "TBS' CEO Jang Han Eul was photographed shaking hands with Yeon Ho Joon and Ahn Gong Jin. He was also in this document," Yoona held up the page where his name was. "Receiving money from anonymous donors. But there were two donations with name, one from Ahn Gong Jin and one from Yeon Ho Joon. That's why during that time the rest of the networks were focused on the two dead bodies, TBS were busy praising Ahn Gong Jin's efficiency in handling the case and the steady stocks of Yeon Ho Joon's company. That was media play at its finest."

 

"I noticed that former reporter Ji Jin Chul was in-charge of the scoop regarding Ahn Gong Jin and Yeon Ho Joon but he barely talked about the deaths of two people as well. Because of that, TBS' CEO Jang Han Eul promoted him to Vice-President of News and Public affairs. In this document he also received a huge sum of money which he got from smearing the two deceased. He is one position higher than me which means he is my supervisor." Yoona then smirked at the camera, feigning any signs of apology. "Too bad... I don't care for my job. I care for the truth. And so this got aired without your permission. You guys can turn this off, can destroy this disc, can cut the broadcast lines, but the moment you do that, everything- and I mean everything- will be released online. Because even though I'm missing, there will always be a watchful eye."

 

Sunny watched the whole video and by the time the video ended, she was left sitting there lost in her own world. Her hand shook as she reached for her phone. Dialing a familiar number, she waited a few rings before someone talked over the phone.

 

"Go, secure." Sunny said the moment the phone was picked up.

 

"Secure, go. Hi, Sunny."

 

"I'm only going to ask once, Jessica, so you better be honest with me. I don't care if you're Yoona's wife but as a concerned friend I want you to tell me the truth." Sunny rapped continuously. She has no time for bull. She wanted to confirm this immediately or else if she dare play it in the middle of the primetime news where millions of people can see it when it's not even confirmed will send many into panic.

 

"O-okay." She heard Jessica say and that was her cue to continue.

 

"Yoona's missing am I right?"

 

There was a pause in the other line and Sunny was getting impatient by the minute.

 

"Answer me Jessica because if Yoona's missing then we need to do something."

 

"Yes, she's missing. But what can we do, Sunny? Tell it to the police? Are you forgetting that Ahn Gong Jin's one of the people Yoona will expose?"

 

"So you knew of Yoona's report." Sunny breathed out. Jessica's aware but still... She might not know the entire thing Sunny just finished watching. "What else do you know?"

 

"I don't know anything else." Jessica answered truthfully. "I know a few but I haven't really put it together. Yoona didn't let me see her report."

 

"Do you have any idea where she is?" Sunny inquired further.

 

"No. And you know very well that going to the police is not an option." Jessica explained.

 

"I know, Jessica."

 

"I'm worried, Sunny." Jessica breathed out and Sunny can tell just how scared she was.

 

"Of course, Jessica." Sunny says sympathetically. "But you're compromised."

 

Sunny pulled a drawer and pulled out a flashdrive, a black one. It didn't look like something to store your files though. She inserted it on her own laptop.

 

"I didn't say anything when you married Yoona, Jessica, because you did the same thing for me when I married Taeyeon." Sunny waited for the drive to boot.

 

A window popped out with bold letters displayed for easy visual: CIA COMLINK.

 

"Look, Sunny..."

 

"I'm searching the database for any connections with Yeon or Ahn."

 

"We already did that." Jessica rebutted. "Nothing came up. Whatever transaction they have, it's anonymous."

 

Sunny paused. She had the names, Yoona just showed her the names from the financial statements but Yoona said not to say anything to Jessica.

 

"You're accessing the database?" Jessica's voice came from the other line. "You quit already, Sunkyu."

 

"My friend is missing and I want to help you." Sunny reasoned. "Give something, any lead."

 

"We got nothing." Jessica admitted. "We have all the technology we need but we got nothing. We got files, names, photos but that's it. That's just it. We don't have any clue where Yoona's location is."

 

Sunny slammed her fist on her table. When she left being an agent, she swore she wouldn't stress herself with any case anymore. She's out and she won't care. But her friend Yoona is missing.

 

Sunny was actually Jessica's fellow agent. Although she's not a field agent, she's a brilliant analyst who knows all the criminals in every list in every security organization from Interpol, CIA, DIS, FBI and others. She's also the leader of tactical operations which means she's the one who plan missions and give orders through the radio.

 

One night, when Jessica invited her to come to her supposedly night out with Yoona, she met Taeyeon who Yoona brought along. Ever since then they clicked it off and now they're married. Unlike Jessica who continued being an agent despite the marriage, Sunny has resigned three months before her marriage with Taeyeon. Then she applied at the station where Taeyeon and Yoona works. She never imagined she'll access CIA's database again.

 

"You've crossed link references?" She asked.

 

"We did but there was no match to the names involved. It will be even harder if some of the names here are dummy accounts. It'll take a while for us to know whose account it really is."

 

Sunny listened well. She knew how capable the investigating team and the equipments as well but time is of the essence. There is a forty-eight hour rule that applies in kidnapping. Then the first twelve hours is supposed to be the buffer time where the kidnappers are to call the family of the victim.

 

"What time did Yoona disappear?" Sunny asked.

 

"Zero eight hundred forty-seven hours." Jessica answered.

 

Sunny looked at her wristwatch. "Right now, it's two thousand fifty one hours Jessica. The twelve hour rule is-"

 

"Finished, I know that." Jessica interrupted. "That's why I'm getting more nervous, Sunny. No call means no clue. We all have to rely on the hard evidence left at the scene of the crime."

 

Sunny paused. She was about to say something when a knock came to her door. She excused herself from Jessica momentarily.

 

"What is it?" Sunny asked.

 

"Miss Lee, the Primetime news will start in a few minutes."

 

"I'll be there in a second, thank you." Once she was sure the people at the door has left, Sunny took a deep sigh and returned to the phone. "Listen, Jessica. I think it's better to watch the primetime news."

 

"I'm busy, Sunny. I can't watch it-"

 

"You'll see a clue about Yoona." Sunny emphasized.

 

"What? What clue? Sunny what are you talking about?"

 

"Just please watch, Jessica. I'm hanging up now."

 

"No, Sunny you are not hanging up this phone. Tell me more-"

 

Sunny ended the phone call with a sigh. She turned it off and even removed the battery. She knew that Kyungsoo can turn it on from a distance so she had to cut the power off.

 

Taking a sharp intake of breath, Sunny unplugged the Rilakkuma flash drive from her computer. Picking her pinboard that contains the script of tonight's primetime news, she headed outside her office. She's now going to the recording booth where the producer and director are.

 

When she reached the booth, just as usual, there were four people inside. The director, the producer, the technician and the supervisor. The cameramen, scriptwriters and other staff are in the studio.

 

"Miss Lee, you are here." The producer bowed at Sunny before talking to the director about tonight's headline.

 

The technician has his headphones on with a mic, busy barking instructions outside the booth. The supervisor on the other hand is sequencing the captions for tonight's news.

 

"Are we ready?" Sunny asked.

 

"Yes, Miss Lee. We are just adjusting the cameras and the mics." answered the director.

 

Looking at the script, Sunny turned back to the director. "Our expected running time tonight is sixty minutes, right?"

 

"Yes, Miss Lee." The director said with a nod.

 

"And after our show is a thirty minute promotional slot for music videos right?"

 

"Y-yes, Miss Lee." The director frowned, wondering why the sudden questions.

 

"So there will be no problem if we extend?"

 

The director and producer exchanged looks, baffled at the request.

 

"I am not sure about that, Miss Lee." said the producer. "There's an allotted time in every show. Even if we extend, the technical department will cut our show and proceed with the promotional slot."

 

"Then I'm going to ask you to go to the technical room and tell them we are extending." Sunny insisted.

 

"B-but we are going to overlap with a paid advertising slot."

 

"I don't care. We have an exclusive here and we have to show it. Yoona ordered me to do this and this is her report." Sunny added with determination.

 

Again, the director and producer exchanged looks. If this is an order coming from Yoona herself then they should at least try.

 

"I'm not sure if they will agree but I'll ask them." said the producer, running out of the booth to do as tasked.

 

"Okay, director. Let's get started." Sunny sat in a swivel chair while the director sat in his seat, asking the staff and news anchors to get ready.

 

Sunny skimmed through the script, mentally planning for a back-up plan in case the extension doesn't work. Pulling something out of her blazer's jacket, she now have two drives on her palm aside from Yoona's Rilakkuma flashdrive.

 

When she was sure no one was looking, she plug the other drive which was color black, in a processor that connects the technical booth to the station's technical room. Then she pulled out her smartphone.

 

Activating jamming device...

 

A gray box beeped continuously until it turned green but Sunny didn't press it yet. It's not yet the time to initiate the device.

 

She felt bad she had to do again the thing she promised to stop doing. She may have quit being an agent but as the saying goes- old habits die hard.

 

 

****

 

 

Jessica stared at her phone a few seconds after Sunny ended the call. She tried contacting Sunny again but it was already turned off. She would have asked Kyungsoo to hack Sunny's phone and turn it on but she knew Sunny's a lot marter than that so she probably took the battery off.

 

"You look stupefied." Tiffany commented the moment she returned from the DNA lab. There was still no result of the foreign DNAs found in Yoona's residence. They are still waiting for any DNA match after referencing all existing biometric database locally and internationally.

 

"Sunny just called and she knows about Yoona missing." Jessica explained, still wondering how come Sunny knew about it. She was so surprised she forgot to ask during their talk. But maybe Sunny has an intel inside the agency yet informing a retired agent about a current case is highly unlikely.

 

"Really? How did she know?" Tiffany looked surprised as well.

 

"I don't know. I was dumbfounded the entire time so I forgot to ask."

 

The two of them were inside the lounge. Seohyun ordered, since it was difficult to ask friendly, Jessica to have some sleep. Jessica has slept for one hour only but she didn't feel sleepy at all the moment she woke up. She was actually itching to get back to work but Seohyun has forbidden her unless she have her dinner. Tiffany kindly bought her food including something for herself and it's all sitting on the table.

 

"She did say however I watch tonight's primetime news." Jessica recalled. "She said there will be a clue about Yoona."

 

Tiffany handed over a bento to Jessica. "A clue? Maybe there's a news about a suspicious individual? Or maybe a place?"

 

"I'm trying not to think about it but I'm being paranoid right now. I'm thinking... What if they found a body?" Jessica shook her head. "Gosh I'm being trapped in a ridiculous and scary idea."

 

"Well since Sunny didn't break the news about a report of a dead body then I'm guessing there's none." Tiffany tried to explain rationally. "Why don't we watch the news and find out? It could be a missing piece to our investigation."

 

Reaching for the TV's remote, Tiffany switched the channel to TBS' Primetime News at 9.

 

"Oh, you're here."

 

Tiffany and Jessica spared a glance at Yuri who sat beside Tiffany. Jessica felt a pang of envy when she saw Yuri kiss Tiffany on the lips. She was immediately reminded of her wife Yoona.

 

Tiffany pushed Yuri away when she saw Jessica staring. "Oh my- we're sorry, Jessica." She said guiltily. Yuri apologized as well.

 

"Why will you apologize? You're a couple, you know."

 

"But still. That was insensitive of me." Yuri added.

 

Jessica just smiled but she couldn't really help but feel a little down. She missed Yoona and she's worried sick about her.

 

"Anyhow, what are you guys doing?" Yuri tried changing the topic. "I haven't watched the news in a while, to be honest."

 

Jessica told Yuri what Sunny said earlier. Yuri couldn't help but be perplex as well because they have no idea who or what kind of clue Sunny was talking about.

 

"Hello, unnies."

 

Seohyun entered the lounge room as well. She too carried a bento box. She will be a hypocrite if she skips dinner when she told Jessica to eat first before participating again with the investigation.

 

"Hi, Juhyun." Jessica greeted back.

 

"It seems that the DNAs found in your home had a match in Ilsan police department." said Seohyun. "You can take a look at it unnie after eating dinner." She eyed the still untouched bento box in front of Jessica.

 

Jessica was damn itching to go to the DNA lab and confirm but she knew damn well to listen to Seohyun. Besides, she really feels hungry as well. She barely touched her lunch earlier.

 

Tiffany filled up Seohyun about what Sunny has told Jessica who is now eating little by little. She honestly didn't have the appetite but she's hungry and she feels weak right now hence she didn't react badly to Sunny's call nor Seohyun's forbiddance.

 

Even though they were eating, they still didn't stop talking about Yoona's case. Jessica repetitively tapped her fingers against the table, a mannerism the others understood for she was damn concerned about her wife.

 

"Our dear viewers we will cancel tonight's celebrity and weather news to offer you an exclusive."

 

The four agents stopped talking and turned to the TV instead. Tiffany increased the volume.

 

"Former reporter and now director of the news department, Im Yoona, has been busy with a report and right now, for the very first time, we present a breaking and exclusive coverage with regards to million dollar illegal underground transactions of people, who some are people we know."

 

Jessica didn't bother finishing her meal and focused instead on the television. Yoona has a report? When did she do it? Where? All this while she thought Yoona's is still doing her report. Jessica thought Yoona hasn't finished it and now all of the sudden an exclusive will be shown in the primetime news?

 

The screen transitioned away from the news anchor and all of the sudden Yoona's face is shown. The video started playing and Yoona began to talk.

 

"Okay. I'm all set." Yoona breathed out. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen especially to the people of Korea. I am here to bring a huge scoop that I got from a very reliable lead."

 

Jessica got up her feet. She felt a sudden joy when she saw the face of her wife. It felt like it has been years since she last saw her.

 

"We are recording this, right?" Jessica asked no one in particular but nevertheless Tiffany gave a reply.

 

"I did since we turned the TV on."

 

Jessica listened carefully, as well as Tiffany, Yuri and Seohyun. They were all focused to what Yoona is saying. She has presented names and witness statements that were all supported by paper trails and videos.

 

"I wouldn't be surprised if this broadcast gets cut off because there will surely be pressure coming from Jang Han Eul-ssi, TBS station's current CEO. That's why there are no negative reports regarding Yeon Ho Joon's company nor Police Chief Ahn Gong Jin's under the table deals."

 

Jessica bit her thumb nervously as she watched Yoona's report. The background looked familiar. She saw a painting that is hanged inside Yoona's study room. Yoona filmed this in her study room, probably in the middle of the night when Jessica's deep in her slumber.

 

"Mediaplay at its finest." Seohyun commented. "I'm going to call Judge Moon and ask for arrest warrants immediately. Who should we address it?"

 

"Every single name that appeared in this report." Yuri suggested.

 

"No, that's impossible. Some of them are not in Korea, right? We tracked each single one of them and some are now living outside Korea."

 

"Then we get warrants for the people who are publicly known. Ahn Gong Jin, Yeon Ho Joon and Jang Han Eul." said Jessica. "We need to take out the people who have the power."

 

"Don't forget Senator Joo Jin Gyu. He collaborated with Ahn Gong Jin to dispose the toxic and illegal wastes from Yeon Ho Joon's factories." Tiffany added.

 

Seohyun nodded her head, quickly dialing her phone and excusing herself out of the room.

 

"All this time we had no idea of these things, these incidents and they were all part of a huge collaborative play by the people we trusted, elected and supported. These people killed people and made the authorities silent by giving them money. They buried these news away from the public by using their money. The reason we sleep in our houses soundly is because the things we are supposed to know are kept from us. We are tricked into believing nothing bad is happening but the truth is the bad is portrayed as good."

 

Yoona put down the documents she was holding and faced the camera sincerely.

 

"Whatever I just revealed, there's a high chance this would be cut in the middle of airing because I am sure Jang Han Eul-ssi will do everything he can to block me but here's the thing," Yoona leaned closer to the camera, eyes burning with seriousness. "It's not like I don't have a contingency plan. For those who don't know, I graduated from information systems. I know my way around computers and the internet. Once I go missing or, God forbid, dead, all data I gathered will be uploaded online."

 

Yoona smiled sadly at the camera. "I want to say I love you to my family, my friends," She stopped. "And to my wife, Jessica. I love you so much."

 

Jessica felt her knees go weak. Whatever Yoona will say is like a foreshadowing her future.

 

"Sooyeon-ah. Bring them to justice, okay? I'll trust you."

 

Yoona wiped a lone tear that fell on her cheek. Breathing heavily, she composed herself, looking at the camera for the last time.

 

"This has been Im Yoona, with an exclusive report, Primetime News."

 

She reached forward, probably reaching for the camera, and the screen went black.

 

Jessica fell on the chair, still staring blankly at the TV screen. Instead of Yoona's face, the news anchor earlier has reappeared, looking blank herself.

 

"Uhm, currently we are trying to contact Im Yoona-ssi but she's not picking up." The news anchor explained, a little lost with Yoona's report.

 

"We are also contacting Im Yoona's wife, lawyer Jessica Park, as of this moment but no one's answering." Her co-anchor added.

 

Tiffany rushed over Jessica's phone that was sitting on the other side of the table.

 

"Indeed! Someone's calling you, Jessica." She tried to hand over the phone to Jessica but her friend wouldn't move in her seat. It seems like Yoona's last statement got into Jessica so bad she was rendered like an empty vessel.

 

"Don't answer it." Seohyun ordered. "Even if we answer it or not, by now the media are now flocking over to Yoona unnie's house." Turning to Yuri, she added. "Yuri unnie, I want you to deploy security all over the house. It's a crime scene. We can't allow the media to disrupt the place."

 

"There are people guarding the area already." Yuri answered.

 

"Then double it. We can't take any chances here. And we are not turning this case over the local police department. Remember that Ahn Gong Jin is their chief."

 

"But they have jurisdiction all over Seoul."

 

"We have jurisdiction all over Asia, unnie. And basically, in a compromised system, they can't possibly argue they will handle the case. They are next in our investigation."

 

Yuri nodded, dashing out of the lounge and heading to the security department. It's the department where agents who are not special agents like Yuri, Tiffany and Jessica, are gathered. It's like the police force of the CIA, the back-ups.

 

Tiffany put Jessica's phone down. She kneeled beside Jessica, gazing at her worriedly.

 

"Jessica?"

 

Jessica panted heavily. Grabbing a handful of hair, Jessica pulled it in irritancy.

 

"Ugh! Why did Sunny show that clip?! What if Yoona's abductors saw that? Wouldn't it provoke them? What if they take Yoona's life?!"

 

"They won't, Jessica." Tiffany tried to remain calm. She knew her friend's being seconds away from breaking down once again.

 

"And you know that how, Tiffany?!" Jessica retorted, eyes now teary and with one blink her teardrops finally fell down her cheeks.

 

Tiffany bit her lip, unsure of what to say. She was saying all of this to comfort Jessica but if she was in Jessica's shoes, Tiffany would go hysterical as well.

 

Wiping her now tear streaked cheeks, Jessica got up and rushed out the lounge. Tiffany tried running after her but Seohyun held her by the arm.

 

"Unnie. I think it's better if we leave Jessica unnie alone for now." She reasoned. "She needs this space."

 

Tiffany nodded but her eyes filled with worry remained glued in the direction Jessica headed for.

 

"I'll also need to talk to Sunny unnie. That was a reckless action." Seohyun added. She also left the lounge going the opposite direction from Jessica.

 

Tiffany was left all alone in the lounge, looking so forlorn. Falling slowly into a chair, she tried to return watching the news.

 

"We have tried calling Yoona-ssi's wife and family but no one is picking up the call. As of this moment our reporters have now gone to Yoona-ssi's home to check her situation personally. We will give you on the clock updates regarding her whereabouts and the official confirmation of her exclusive report. This has been So Ji Yeon."

 

"And this has been Moon Chang Hee. This has been Primetime News at Nine. Thank you for watching and good night."

 

Tiffany closed her eyes and slumped against the chair. She's very worried for her friend Yoona already what more Jessica who is Yoona's wife? Jessica must feel like right now. Everything is probably making her go crazy and if Yoona isn't found then perhaps she'll be crazy already.

 

But still they can't give up. They still have to save Yoona or at least, God forbid, find her body.

 

Pushing herself up, Tiffany headed to the tech lab carrying the recording of the primetime news.

 

 

****

 

 

"What is happening?!"

 

Jang Han Eul barged inside TBS' technical room looking so furious.

 

"The news should have ended at exactly at nine! Why are they extending when I didn't approve of this?"

 

"President Jang- I told them that. I declined their wish for extension. We were gonna cut the show at exactly nine even though they are still airing but-" The chief technician said.

 

"But what?!"

 

"We can't access the technical booth! There's a sort of jamming device that won't let us bypass the connection. We lost total control of the newsroom. We can't reconnect to other programs either. Until the jamming device is removed we can't access anything!"

 

"What?!" Jang Han Eul has rage imminent on his face. "Then cut the hardlines. Turn the satellites off to prevent them from broadcasting things even more."

 

"But sir- if we turn the satellites off, we wouldn't be able to broadcast until noon tomorrow. It takes some time before the satellites recover to full operation plus the signals' wavelengths are disrupted by night. We can't reconnected again immediately."

 

"I don't ing care!" Jang Han Eul insisted, face red from all the rage he has right now. "I don't ing care so cut the satellites now!"

 

The chief technician hesitated but with the help of President Jang's hard and pointed glare, he summoned two technicians to the roof.

 

President Jang watched in horror as Yoona's story continued. When Yoona mentioned his name, the staff inside the room looked at him in disbelief. It's actually confusing who to believe but still in front of them is the highest ranked official of the station. His power is nonetheless there and he didn't fail to impose it.

 

Unfortunately Yoona has managed to finish her report. The chief technician wanted to ask President Jang if they can cancel the shutting down of satellites but when the director banged his fist against the technical table, he didn't bother speaking. He knew the president is pissed and he's smart enough not to cross him.

 

"Stop your men. There's no need to cut the satellites." The president said monotonously before getting out of the room. Reaching for his pocket, he tried calling Ahn Gong Jin but the line was busy. For sure a lot of people especially the media are all over the chief of SPD. In a little while, President Jang is sure that those calls will reach him soon.

 

And he was right. He got a call from an unknown number just after hanging up from his first call. Inhaling with courage, he picked up the phone.

 

"Hello?"

 

"President Jang, good evening. This is Oh Juri of the Korean Herald and I would like to ask a few questions regarding the report of Im Yoona."

 

President Jang closed his eyes. He knew it. The media will be looking for an answer.

 

"I'm sorry, Miss Oh. I can't provide any statements. You'll have to speak to my lawyer."

 

President Jang quickly hung up. He clenched his teeth, eyes burning in rage. Just how the did Im Yoona come up with that report? Where did she get her witnesses, her evidences and most importantly who tipped her off?

 

Judging by how his friends Gong Jin and Ho Joon were implicated, he doubts it was either of the two. The person who tipped Yoona off is someone that has nothing to lose, someone who was sure won't be implicated even if they provide the evidence.

 

Could it be...?

 

But that's impossible. How can the high boss of their organization tip them off? Why? The organization was doing so well. He always wondered how come the payments to him and the others were always done anonymously and now he got his answer. It seems like they were the first line of defense, like pawns in a game of chess.

 

Dialing a number on his phone, the director waited until someone picked up the call.

 

"I need you to represent me, lawyer Kwon."

 

 

****

 

 

Thirty minutes into the show, Sunny beckoned a scriptwriter inside the recording booth. She asked her to type the script for the news anchors later. Apparently, Sunny has decided to cancel tonight's celebrity and weather news. Initially the staff didn't quite understand what Sunny's intention was. It wasn't until she played Yoona's report did they finally understand.

 

While the staff was busy watching Yoona's report, Sunny pulled out her phone and initiated the jamming device. Now, the station's technical room, can no longer take over their unauthorized extension. Although, she hoped not, the technical team can cut the hardline including the satellites but they can't do that without authorization. Jang Han Eul will definitely bust inside the technical room, since it's located the same floor of his office, yet they probably have a small window of opportunity before Jang realized what this report is all about.

 

Honestly, Sunny was worried whether releasing Yoona's report is a good idea. As a former tactician, she knew it was a terrible and a dangerous idea, yet when she read Yoona's note, she felt like as a reporter Sunny should reveal the truth.

 

First and foremost it is her duty. If she was still a tactician right now her duty would be to find Yoona but that's not the case. Also, Jessica's her friend. Sunny wanted to tell Jessica earlier when they were talking on the phone but for a moment she was confused, doubtful even. She feared for Yoona's life but she was in a situation wherein she had to choose whether to abide by Yoona's request or tell it to Jessica first. Sunny has picked the former and knew she'll have some explaining to do to Jessica.

 

At the back of Sunny's head though, her analytical head working, she doubt that whoever have Yoona will definitely not kill her, at least for now. The public will have an outcry and all of Yoona's report will seem to be true, not like Sunny doubts it. It's just that Yoona's death will confirm all her report and the names she revealed can be guilty for all their crime. They can also be implicated for her murder if ever. But at the same time Sunny doubts they will free Yoona. Her freedom can mean doom to the people she has implicated. If ever, they will keep her alive just until the issue die down.

 

The good thing about that is the CIA gets more time searching for Yoona. However, there is this idea in Sunny's head, what if whoever caught Yoona are the people who are at the top of this anonymous but huge organization? Sunny saw the financial statements and there are lots of money deposits from an anonymous donor. That's the tricky part. It will be difficult for the CIA to find the head of the organization. Whoever he is, he made himself anonymous for a reason. A person like that, from Sunny's experience will be a shadow until he decides to show himself.

 

Once the news anchors' final comments were done, Sunny waited until the light inside the studio dimmed before deactivating the jamming device. As quickly as possible she retrieved the jamming device she connected at the port. She also retrieved Yoona's flashdrive. She'll give it to Jessica right after she gets off work tonight.

 

The moment Sunny got back to the news department the reporters left has flocked around her, asking her if Yoona's report is true. Even her wife Taeyeon is present including Sooyoung.

 

"Yoona is very meticulous when it comes to reporting. If she has to verify it ten times, she will." Sunny turned to veteran reporter Park Jungsoo. "Jungsoo-ssi, I want you to go to Yoona's house and check on her wife, her family, the status of her house if there were any signs of struggle. I want to know what's happening within a kilometer radius of her house even if it's a busted sewer."

 

Park Jungsoo nodded before rushing out with his cameraman.

 

"Changmin-ssi, I want you to head to Yeon Ho Joon's company and get a statement from him no matter what."

 

"Copy that!"

 

"Seulgi-ssi, I want you to go to Seoul Police Department, check the situation over there and get a statement from chief Ahn."

 

"Yes, Miss Lee!"

 

Sunny distributed work to other reporters as well and one by one the otherwise noisy news room is now quiet with only Sooyoung and Taeyeon remaining.

 

"What about me, Miss Lee? Do you have an assignment for me?" Taeyeon asked jokingly, trying to liven up the mood. She noticed how weary her wife looked and she's worried about her.

 

Sunny smiled bitterly. "You're a radio host, Miss Kim."

 

"Correction, I'm a reporter who has a radio show." Taeyeon reasoned.

 

Sunny sighed heavily, falling on the couch. Taeyeon sat beside her and Sunny immediately leaned her head on her wife's shoulder.

 

"What happened? What's that report?" Sooyoung broke the ice, looking so forlorn.

 

"Yoona left me a package. It contains a flashdrive with that report." Sunny even explained the note Yoona included with her request.

 

"Does Jessica know?" Taeyeon worriedly asked. Sunny was about to say yes but she forgot she can't speak about talking to Jessica earlier especially when Sunny was momentarily thinking and talking like an agent earlier.

 

"She must have seen the news already." Sunny answered, trying to sound uncertain.

 

"But is Yoona really missing? I heard she filed a two day leave. She maybe still out there gathering data." Sooyoung tried to reason.

 

"She didn’t file any leave that’s why Sunny have to step up immediately. Have you personally called Jessica? She may be shocked when watching the news but the moment she gets home, Yoona is there." Taeyeon added. Sunny badly wanted to tell them Yoona has indeed disappeared and that Jessica herself confirmed it but she can't possibly say that or she'll compromise Jessica's cover.

 

"But what if Yoona's really missing?" Sunny countered. "I feel bad because Jessica will find out about that through the broadcast. I would have told her but Yoona asked me not to."

 

"Why would Yoona do that?" Sooyoung asked skeptically.

 

"We all know how stubborn Jessica is. She would definitely oppose showing the report." Sunny reasoned.

 

"But Jessica is Yoona's wife. She deserve the truth first and foremost, Sunny."

 

"I know, Sooyoung. I made a judgement call and I took Jessica for granted. I was in a situation wherein I have to choose between Yoona's request and Jessica's stance. But at that moment, I wanted the people to know the truth and so Yoona's request was something I agreed to." Sunny rubbed her forehead uneasily. "I know Jessica's been my friend longer but it's not the issue here. I was..."

 

Even Sunny couldn't explain herself. She's very logical, hence she was formerly a head tactician, but at that moment, she just couldn't think. It was as if it happened at the heat of the moment. Watching Yoona's gave Sunny the impression that the report is so important it has to be revealed immediately.

 

Sooyoung sat on the opposite couch, arms and legs crossed. "Then Yoona wasn't kidding, huh?"

 

"It seems serious. No-" Sunny shook her head. "It is serious."

 

Sooyoun paused, deep in thoughts. Digging through her pocket, she pulled out something. Sunny eyed the same Rilakkuma flashdrive in Sooyoung's hand.

 

"Oh! You have a copy?" Sunny noticed, mouth agape.

 

"Yoona told me to keep this for now. She said if ever something bad happens to her I upload it online." Sooyoung recounted her last meeting with Yoona. Initially she was thinking maybe the girl was pulling a joke on her but Yoona looked so serious so Sooyoung only remained in doubt. Watching the report today, she feared that Yoona was really telling the truth, that it's something so serious.

 

"So you're her contingency plan." Sunny recalled Yoona mentioning in the video that the files will be uploaded online if she goes missing.

 

"That crazy ." Sooyoung gritted her teeth. "She can do it herself!"

 

Sunny watch Sooyoung stomp off the room. She would have followed her but Taeyeon held her arm.

 

"Let her be." said Taeyeon. "She may act like that but you know she'll do it anyway. Wait a few hours and the files will be uploaded. Sooyoung is just worried that's why she's acting that way."

 

Sunny nodded. "Yoona will be fine, right?"

 

"I'm sure she will be because I will kill her myself if not." Taeyeon reassured.

 

Cuddling closer to Taeyeon's embrace, Sunny closed her eyes. This warmth was the reason she quit being an agent. Just like Jessica, growing up in the academy and being an agent was Sunny's life- that is until she found Taeyeon. Being with Taeyeon completed her and so when Taeyeon asked for her hand in marriage, aside from saying yes, Sunny also filed a resignation to Seohyun. It's not because Sunny grew tired of her former job. No, she loved it. It's just Sunny felt like she has already contributed enough to the CIA and that it was time she start contributing something for herself.

 

But quitting her former job doesn't change the fact that her life from now on need to continue living the alias CIA has given her. Lee Sunny, born Lee Sunkyu, has changed her name permanently to Lee Sunny after her resignation from CIA. She thought she has to live by her given alias now, officially. Agent Lee Sunkyu was gone.

 

"Yoona will be fine." Taeyeon repeated and somehow it calmed Sunny's turbulent mind even just a little.

 

 

****

 

Daggers of hot droplets of water, washed down Jessica's back as she stepped inside the shower booth.

 

After rushing out of the lounge, Jessica headed to the shower room. At the back of her head she hoped that the water will wash away her grieving but unfortunately no matter how drenched her body is now, the fact still remains that Yoona is missing and possibly holding on for dear life.

 

Jessica slammed her fist against the tiles. She was so desperate now to find her wife. She just calmed down earlier when Tiffany talked sense into her but Jessica could no longer contain her anxiety. Hearing Yoona's last statement earlier, Jessica feared that's the last time she'll hear from Yoona again. What scared her even more was when Yoona said I love you, it was as if that's the last time Jessica will hear it and it made her crazy thinking about the possibilities of what is happening to Yoona right now.

 

Jessica sobbed inside the shower booth, but you can't tell whether those are tears or not because the water kept on running continuously. Jessica was hoping the hotness of the water will somehow wake her up from this bad dream.

 

Closing her eyes, flood of memories engulfed Jessica like the waves in the sea.

 

"I don't know how you're so full of energy." Yoona panted. She eyed the clock sitting on their bedside table. "We have been making love since we finished dinner at eight and now look, it's two in the morning."

 

Yoona laid in bed, panting heavily. She covered her body with a blanket for once they finally finished making love, the coldness of the room started penetrating through her skin.

 

Jessica giggle, throwing her leg on top of Yoona's body. She cuddled closer against Yoona's slender and long body, loving the warmth her wife emitted.

 

"It's your fault. You keep on pouncing on me." She reasoned sleepily.

 

"Me? I'm the one pouncing on you? As far as I remember, you were the one who kept on saying one more round after another." teased Yoona. She reached for Jessica's hand and kissed it tenderly.

 

Jessica's heart swelled at the warm gesture. "We'll let's keep it that we are both at fault. I keep on going because you keep on asking."

 

"You're really gonna push that idea?" Yoona chuckled. "But hey, I'm not not gonna argue. The seduction is mutual though."

 

Jessica hummed, lazily closing her eyes. Listening to Yoona's heartbeat calmed her adrenaline filled body.

 

Seriously speaking though, the reason why she is still full of energy is because all those years of cardiovascular training. Initially, during the early stage of their relationship, Jessica has to pretend she was tired when it was only about two hours of . Now, she really is tired because Yoona's stamina has improved a lot ever since she started working out. She started working out when she got promoted at work. Since she will no longer go out the field, she needed to exercise more. Ever since she started working out, Yoona has managed to keep up with Jessica so when Jessica appeared to be tired, she's no longer pretending. Yoona drained her, an agent like Jessica who has a withstanding stamina was drained.

 

Jessica gasped for breath. The room reeked with the smell of . Jessica made a mental note to change to sheets tomorrow morning. Thank goodness she doesn't have mission tomorrow. It's her day off so she should clean the house. She mentally noted to clean the kitchen and the living room thoroughly because she hasn't properly cleaned it the last time they had there.

 

"I love you, Yoona." Jessica said oozing with sincerity. She was damn overwhelmed with feelings right now and all of them were for Yoona and her alone. "I really do. You have no idea how much I love you."

 

"I can't put value in love." Yoona reasoned. "It's priceless." Putting a hand over her right cheek, Yoona ran her thumb over it. "And I love you too, Jessica."

 

"Yoona..." Jessica took the hand caressing her face and held it tightly. "Promise me you won't ever leave. Not ever."

 

Yoona smiled warmly at her wife, planting a kiss on her nose. "Of course, Jessica. I promised that on our wedding day, right? For better or for worse," She pecked Jessica's forehead. "For richer or for poorer," She pecked her eyelids. "In sickness and in health," She pecked her left cheek. "Till death do us part." And finally, Yoona captured Jessica's lips.

 

Jessica turned the water off as she continued to sob even more. She ended up sitting at the corner of the booth, face buried on her bended knees.

 

"Yoona..." She sobbed, drowned in her misery. The droplets coming down her face are now tears, not the water. She was just lost, grieving, dying.

 

Jessica rushed inside the agent's locker room. She was inside the interrogation room earlier, asking a suspect ferociously about his co-conspirators, when all of the sudden she was called out the room by Seohyun only to get a message that Yoona is now downstairs carrying four boxes of pizza.

 

"Why will she come here?!" Jessica mumbled under her breath, changing her clothes with the ones she wore earlier to work. She went out the house wearing a blue buttoned up blouse, dark blue slacks and white heels then she changed her outfit into white polo shirt, black tennis skirt and sneakers once she got to work. She has her gun holster worn like a backpack carrying her two Dessert Eagle pistols.

 

Once she was wearing her outfit this morning, Jessica straightened her clothes and went down the building, in the lobby where Yoona is waiting.

 

"Babe!" Jessica greeted her wife, engulfing her in a hug. Well she had to distract Yoona who was looking around the building. "What are you doing here?"

 

Yoona lifted the four boxes of pizza once the hug was broken. She smiled excitedly at Jessica.

 

"You told me you won your case so as a supporting wife I came here to congratulate you."

 

Jessica inwardly panicked. When she sent that message to Yoona, she was not expecting Yoona to come here and congratulate her. There was no case she won. It was a story she made up. Yoona likes to share stories regarding her work at home so Jessica made up a 'case' she was working on in order to share something that isn't about CIA. In the end during their dinners, Jessica will tell about that 'case', making up scenarios like how Yuri messed up some documents, how the court is looking unfavorable at them until today when Jessica messaged Yoona that the firm won their case.

 

"Thank you, baby. But you didn't have to go all the way here." Jessica smiled, pecking Yoona on the lips.

 

"Nonsense! I can't stay still at work because I was really happy for you." Yoona explained sincerely. "Sunny got mad at me because I wasn't focused so I decided to come visit you. I was excited!"

 

Jessica couldn't help but smile. Seeing Yoona happy for her, even if it wasn't true she won a case, it was enough to make her heart flutter. But the 'case' she told Yoona wasn't totally a lie. The criminal Yoo Jong Seok, a bomb dealer, was someone Jessica and her team arrested three months ago. That was during the time Jessica made up a 'case'. She used Jong Seok as a scenario, tweaking a few points like exchanging the role of Kim Ryeowook, one of CIA's in-house lawyer, and herself. She knew the details since she worked with Ryeowook side by side and the details of their investigation was never publicized as per CIA tradition.

 

Jessica always knew lying will come back to her and bite her that's why Yoona is here right now.

 

"You're building is really nice. I've only seen the outside since I often drive you to work. The interior is beautiful."

 

Jessica gulped. The people in suits walking around the building were undercover CIA employees as well, tasked to make the building seem like a regular firm. There were metal bars in the wall that spelled Dong Hae Law Firm. Dong was from the name Dongdaemun since the building is located there and Hae came from Choi Hae Goon, the first CIAA director.

 

"We should hurry and take this up your office." said Yoona, distracting Jessica. "It's still a little hot. Cold pizza doesn't taste that good anymore."

 

"Okay, baby."

 

Pressing the twelfth floor, Jessica has brought Yoona to the floor where the lawyers' office is. Aside from Ryeowook there are three more lawyers working for the CIA. The whole floor is comprised of four offices, a pantry and a rather spacious storage room where the documents are stored.

 

Tiffany, Yuri and Seohyun were already inside the three offices respectively. Well, Yoona knows the three of them are Jessica's colleagues so if she doesn't see them, she'll be suspicious and Jessica’s cover can be compromised. Besides, this was an intervention they have planned ever since Jessica started dating Yoona.

 

"Oh, Yoona! You're here!" Seohyun said, acting surprised.

 

"Hi, Hyunnie." Yoona lifted the four boxes of pizza proudly. "I brought pizza! Congrats on winning your case!"

 

Seohyun smiled brightly, taking the boxes from Yoona and bringing it to the pantry. "Tiffany unnie and Yuri unnie, Yoona unnie brought us pizza!"

 

Popping out of their designated 'offices', the two came out excitedly. The interrogation upstairs has been handed over to Siwon and Minho.

 

"Hey guys! You did well with the case!" Yoona repeated, clapping excitedly. "You know, next time I should attend your court hearing. I've never been in one."

 

Jessica looked flustered. She has only stepped inside a courtroom once, wearing civilian clothes without the gun, staking a suspect on trial.

 

"Baby, I'm afraid you can't do that." Jessica reasoned, mentally trying to come up with a legit reason.

 

"Huh? Why is that?" Yoona looked dismayed. She was really looking forward to see Jessica kick inside a courtroom.

 

"Umm..." Jessica then came up with a reason. "Only the people related to the suspect and defendant can come."

 

"Awww... Too bad. I was really looking forward to see you in action." Yoona pouted. She reached for both Jessica's hands, holding them with the back facing her before kissing them tenderly.

 

Jessica blushed at the affectionate gesture. When she noticed Yuri grinning teasingly at her, she threw her a pointed glare. Yuri ended up eating a pizza to distract herself from Jessica's threatening glare.

 

"Go ahead, guys. Eat them. You can invite some of your staff. There's a lot downstairs." Yoona insisted.

 

"Ah, it's okay, Yoona. They're pretty busy." Tiffany said, biting a pizza slice.

 

"I see." Turning to Jessica, Yoona eyed her questioningly. "Babe. Why are you not eating?"

 

Jessica smiled, getting a slice herself. She first let Yoona have a bite before having her own. "Wow, this is tasty. Thank you, baby."

 

"You're welcome."  Yoona swiped Jessica's fringe with her left hand. Jessica noticed Yoona's watch. It was a watch Jessica owned but gave it to Yoona when she realized it suited her wife well-

 

Jessica bolted up, thoughts of keeping herself locked up in the shower room forgotten. She grabbed a bathrobe, without drying her hair and body with a towel, and rushed out. She's headed for the tech lab, running with her bare feet. She didn't care if she ends up but she needed to confirm something immediately.

 

Bursting inside the tech lab, Jessica surprised Kyungsoo, Seohyun, Tiffany and Yuri. It seems like they are gathered replaying the recording of Yoona's report.

 

"Okay, all of you are here." Jessica panted.

 

"Umm, Jessica how about you dry yourself first? And please wear some clothes." Tiffany reminded but Jessica ignored her, walking toward Kyungsoo.

 

"This cannot wait, Tiffany." Jessica insisted. Turning to Kyungsoo, she eyed him sternly. "Forward the recording to the end, Kyungsoo."

 

"The end?" Kyungsoo fiddled with the mouse, fast forwarding the recording.

 

"Sooyeon-ah. Bring them to justice, okay? I'll trust you."

 

Yoona wiped a lone tear that fell on her cheek. Breathing heavily, she composed herself, looking at the camera for the last time.

 

"This has been Im Yoona, with an exclusive report, Primetime News."

 

She reached forward, probably reaching for the camera, and the screen went black.

 

Jessica shook her head, disregarding Yoona's words. Those won't be the last, Jessica promised.

 

"Rewind it a little." She said and Kyungsoo complied.

 

"This has been Im Yoona, with an exclusive report, Primetime News."

 

Yoona reached forward-

 

"Rewind it again." Jessica repeated.

 

"This has been Im Yoona, with an exclusive report, Primetime News."

 

Yoona reached forward, probably reaching for the camera-

 

"Pause right there!" Jessica shouted.

 

Kyungsoo paused and the screen showed Yoona just reaching forward.

 

"Okay." Jessica now faced Seohyun, Tiffany and Yuri. "Seohyun, remember during the time I was often running after a finished mission?"

 

"Of course I do, unnie. You kept on running after those missions when we are supposed to have a debriefing to finalize a successful mission."

 

"Okay, you remember." Turning to Tiffany and Yuri, Jessica didn't bother asking the same question. "And I'm sure you both know it."

 

They nodded.

 

"Seohyun, you gave me a watch right? It has a micro nano tracker inside so that each time I run away you can trace me."

 

"Yes, unnie. And I whenever I trace you, I discover you're with Yoona unnie." Seohyun recalled.

 

"Yes. Anyway, you know how getting married allow couples to share stuff." She looked at the only couple in the room. "You get me, right?"

 

Yuri and Tiffany nodded.

 

"Okay. So except for our underwear, Yoona and I pretty much share everything from clothes, jewelries, cars, and many others. Yoona, however, liked that watch you gave me Seohyun and so I gave her that watch. In fact it was Yoona's favorite. She always wear it compared to her other watches she owned."

 

Jessica pointed at the screen with the paused recording. "That watch that she's wearing, that's my old watch."

 

Seohyun clapped her hands, finally grasping the situation. "Don't tell me-"

 

"I am willing to take a big leap of faith, wishing to all the gods out there, Yoona is wearing that watch right now." Jessica stated, exhilarated at the possibility of finding Yoona easily.

 

Seohyun nodded. "Right. Kyungsoo, I want you to enter these following coordinates in our GPS. Fourteen - twenty seven - zero eight - nineteen."

 

Kyungsoo pressed the said coordinates and to everyone's surprise, a red dot appeared on the screen.

 

"She's wearing it!" Kyungsoo relayed. "She's located in Samgamdong. At the Citizen's Park, at the west side there's a camping ground there."

 

"She'll be out in the open?" Tiffany asked baffled.

 

"No." Typing some more, Kyungsoo widened his search. "Apparently there's an on-going construction of a small inn."

 

Seohyun stared at the screen before turning to her three agents. "Okay! We have a possible location of Yoona unnie. We need to tread softly if we are going to infiltrate the building. I want all available agents on this case. Prepare your gear!"

 

Tiffany and Yuri ran out the lab but before Jessica can leave, Seohyun stopped her.

 

"Jessica unnie, I know Yoona unnie is your wife. But please remember, this is a case and Yoona unnie is a victim. We need the master behind all this alive unnie."

 

Jessica clenched her teeth. She was dying to kill whoever abducted Yoona, but Seohyun's right, she can't be irrational.

 

"Promise me you'll be rational. If not, I'll take you off the case."

 

Jessica stared at Seohyun seriously. She slowly relaxed her gritted teeth and frowned face.

 

"I will, Seohyun. Whatever happens, Yoona is my priority."

 

Once Seohyun gave her a nod of dismissal, Jessica rushed to the locker room. She need to freaking control her anger issue. She wouldn't want to be off the case because she wants to save Yoona- she has to save Yoona.

 

"Just wait, Yoongie. I'm coming."

 

 

****

 

 

Wearing a bulletproof vest, Jessica slowly approached the said building within the citizen's park. On her one o'clock was Tiffany, on her ten was Yuri. On the other side of the building were Siwon, Taemin and Minho. There are also lots of standby security waiting for back-up call when needed.

 

Directing Tiffany with two fingers up front, Tiffany followed Jessica's ordered and slowly planted her back against the wall. She was beside the entrance of the building. It's was only halfway finished, only three stories tall. Peeking inside thrice, Tiffany beckoned Yuri and Jessica to come over.

 

"We're outside now, Kyungsoo. Where is the signal?" Jessica whispered on her earpiece.

 

"It's on the third floor. Heat trace has picked up fourteen people. There are six at the ground level, five at the second level and three at the third level. Good luck agents."

 

Once they were sure their guns are now equipped with a silencer, they started moving in slowly. They used the walls and pillars to hide behind the shadow. It was rather easy taking down the six hostiles since there were six agents presents. Carefully they ascended to the second floor but once thing the heat trace forgot to pick is the fact there is a machine gun fully loaded on the second floor.

 

"They are here! Fire!"

 

Jessica ran for cover in a pillar, flinching at the wave of bullets being fired at them. She checked her fellow agents and just like her they have cover. It seems the people who abducted Yoona knew they were coming. It was as if they knew someone will save Yoona.

 

"! They anticipated us." Jessica cursed. She fired four shots but hit nothing because the bullets were going around the floor. "Wait for the timing." She calmed herself. A machine gun will still need to reload but professionals buy a continuous box of bullets. Amateurs however, they purchase separate rounds-

 

Clack.

 

It's now!

 

Jessica got out her cover and fired two shots at the amateur handler of the machine. Taemin fired three shots for his man, Tiffany and Yuri fired two as well while Siwon only fired once. The five men protecting the second level are now dead.

 

"Let's go upstairs-"

 

Bang. Bang. Bang.

 

Footsteps and gunshots echoed followed by tens of men climbing up the stairwell.

 

"! They have back-up!" Yuri cursed under her breath, jumping over an unfinished cemented wall. "Bravo, Bravo, this is Alpha. We need back-up, I repeat, we need back-up. It's getting hot in here!" She shouted at her radio.

 

"Jessica! Go upstairs! We'll take it from here!" Siwon ordered.

 

Jessica nodded, firing shots to the newly entered men. Their back-up need to come fast or they'll be cooked in here. Thank goodness her fellow agents got her covered so she reached the third level scratch free.

 

Just like before, Jessica hid herself in the shadows, peeking left and right for any enemy signs. There are three people here. One is probably Yoona and there are two hostiles for sure.

 

When she has checked half of the floor, she noticed a figure sitting at the end of the hallway. Squinting, Jessica gasped when she realized the familiar long hair and clothes belonged to Yoona. Looking around the place once more, Jessica put her gun in her holster and ran all the way to Yoona.

 

"Yoona!" She cupped Yoona's face. Her hair was messy and her face was dirty. Yoona's eyes were bloodshot and there was a cut on her bottom lip. In fact her face had cuts and bruises. "Yoona! Are you okay?"

 

Yoona slowly focused her eyes. She was feeling tired because after that old man and Suzy left, that bulky man named Tae Kyung returned for her and gave her a beating. Of course, being tied in a chair restrained Yoona from retaliating back. In the end she has to sit there are receive all his attacks.

 

"J-Jessica?" Yoona croaked. was dry. They didn't give her food or water the whole day plus the beating took the energy out of her.

 

"Yes, I'm here baby." Jessica whispered. She caressed Yoona's face, furious to see the cuts and bruises on her wife's face. "Hold on, I'm going to untie the rope."

 

Crouching behind the chair, Jessica struggled untying the knots. Once Yoona was free, she kneeled in front of Yoona again.

 

"Baby-"

 

"I-is it true?" Yoona's unfocused gaze settled on Jessica. She struggled moving her parched mouth as well as the stinging pain on the cuts on her face. "You're a spy?"

 

Jessica paused. There is no use in hiding everything now. Swallowing nervously, Jessica nodded. "Yes, Yoona. But I'm not a spy. I'm an agent, a secret agent."

 

"So you lied to me?" Yoona blinked repeatedly. She was getting sleepy because of tiredness but she needed to talk to Jessica about this. Ever since that old man revealed Jessica's possible deception, Yoona was lost. In fact the reason she didn't bother with Tae Kyung beating her up was because her mind was flying, thinking about the possibility of Jessica being an agent.

 

But seeing Jessica in front of her right now, dressed with a bulletproof vest and a gun in her holster, Yoona is inclined to believe that what that old man said is true. In fact when she was hearing gunshots downstairs, she had a feeling it was Jessica, agent Jessica.

 

"We'll talk about this after I get you out of here." Jessica explained calmly. "You're not safe here."

 

"Indeed, she's not."

 

Jessica turned around, standing immediately. In front of her were two men. One was bulky and one was tall. She noticed they weren't carrying any weapons. So she pulled her gun and pointed it at them.

 

"Put your hands on the back of your head! Do it, now!"

 

The bulky man smirk. "Hey, hey. You'll going to shoot us? But we aren't carrying any weapons."

 

"I don't care. Put your hands on-"


Throwing a sand at Jessica, she was momentarily distracted so the tall man quickly tackled her down, causing her gun to fly a few feet away from her. The bulky man looked at Yoona. The old man said that during the rescue mission, when Jessica arrives, that's his cue to kill Yoona. He has been holding back the entire day. He was really pissed since Yoona beat him this morning. Now that Yoona and Jessica had their short lived reunion, they can now die together.

 

"You're mine, ." He smirked at Yoona before throwing a punch at her.

 

Yoona staggered to the right, the impact was great, probably containing all his suppressed anger for her. She was weak, Yoona knew that, but she had to at least fight back and survive because Jessica has a lot of explaining to do.

 

"Your is mine." Yoona retorted.

 

When he charged for a kick, Yoona blocked it with both arms. She used her left hand to land a cut on his shoulder but he stepped back. He was serious now compared this morning. He underestimated her earlier. Now he knew better than to treat her lightly.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica kicked the man on top of her on his stomach. He rolled off her but he quickly got to his feet. He rushed over to the gun but Jessica rolled over quickly, kicking his hand that was reaching for the gun. Doing a flip up, Jessica got onto her feet from a prone position. She kicked the gun away from him. She may have a vest but Yoona doesn't. It's better to keep the gun away as much as possible unless it's in her hands.

 

He quickly charged into her but Jessica stepped to the side, hitting him with her arm. He staggered backwards but once he recovered he once again ran to her, throwing a roundhouse kick. Jessica barely avoided it by ducking down but she was caught unaware when he brought that leg he used to kick down. Jessica hit the floor.

 

He tried to plant his foot on her but Jessica rolled to the side. Flipping up once again, Jessica attacked him with a barrage of punches but he blocked them all just like how she deflected his attacks.

 

He found an opening however when Jessica momentarily took her eyes off him to check on Yoona. He managed to give her a roundhouse kick causing her to fly to a wall, her back hitting it hard.

 

Yoona, who had the upper hand with his battle with Tae Kyung, noticed her wife down. She had to finish Tae Kyung quickly and go to Jessica.

 

Tae Kyung threw a straight punch but Yoona merely ducked. He quickly brought his elbow down but she stepped back immediately. His right knee nearly caught Yoona in the head but she countered by swiping her leg on his feet the moment she crouched down. Tae Kyung fell on the floor and Yoona hurriedly sat on top of him, throwing punches on his face. He kneed her back causing her to roll forward. He slightly rose from his position but it seems he forgot that move that almost made him pass out earlier, the headlock.

 

Yoona once again trapped his head with her arms, locking her arms with her legs. She will definitely have to make him pass out or at least render him motionless before she go and help Jessica.

 

She tightened her hold around him because he kept on throwing punches at her. He couldn't reach her but still he wouldn't give up. He definitely want to take her down as well.

 

Plak! Crush!

 

Yoona immediately released her hold around Tae Kyung. Looking up at the tall man Jessica was fighting earlier, Yoona saw the chair she was sitting at the whole day is now broken. He just bashed her with a wooden chair. She felt something trickle down her forehead. Touching it with her finger, she felt a mushy substance. She’s bleeding.

 

Smirking, she tried to get up her feet. "Ah, you're the man whose nose I broke." She finally noticed the band-aid stuck on his nose.

 

But he didn't return the intended statement to piss her off. Instead, he returned her smirk. He turned his back, seemingly going back to Jessica but instead he kicked Yoona hard on the chest. It was a hard kick that Yoona was sent flying out of the windows. Shards of glasses fell on the floor.

 

"Yoona!"

 

Splash!

 

Turning their attention back to Jessica, both men smirked menacingly at her.

 

"Does your wife know how to swim?" Tae Kyung taunted. He grin grew wider thinking about Yoona battling the cold Han River.

 

Jessica balled her hands into fists. Standing back up by leaning against the wall, she blinked her tears away.

 

"She knows how to swim." She took off her bulletproof vest. This is now a serious fight. "But after this, will you still know how to breathe?"

 

Jessica quickly ran to the two men, promising to make them pay for hurting her precious Yoona.