Lucky to have you

The Secret Life of Jessica Jung

Three women exited the elevator with unstoppable giggles. One was obviously blushing while the other two laughed at her expression. It was already noon and they planned to eat outside.

 

"For goodness sake Yuri, Tiffany. Stop that. My wife's arriving soon."

 

Tiffany snorted. "Oh, come on, Jessica. We were just teasing you."

 

"What for?" Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

"You're obvious glowing, woman." Yuri quipped. "You're glowing the whole day! How was last night?"

 

Yuri quickly dodged the fist that would have knocked her out had she not been trained to be agile and fast. "You almost hit me, woman!"

 

"And I really would do that. So if you don't want to get hurt, shut up." Jessica enlarged her eyes to give Yuri a firm warning.

 

Yuri cowered in fear and hooked her arms around Tiffany instead. Tiffany guffawed at Jessica's sensitivity at the moment.

 

"Relax Jessi. My Yuri's just curious. But it's not the is it? It's something much more than that?" She prodded carefully and to her relief earned a small smile from Jessica.

 

"It's our fourth anniversary today and I was thinking about what to do for her. Should I cook? Or should I file a leave this afternoon and spend the rest of the day with her? The latter is highly unlikely specially when Seohyun has assigned me a case and the undercover mission starts tomorrow." Jessica sighed heavily.

 

They walked along the lobby, passing by a huge logo that read Dong Hei Law firm. It was just a fake facade but the truth is the entire building and the employees are working for the CIA. Any cases that involves and takes place in Asia are taken by this division.

 

CIA agents are known to be secretive but they hold informations many would never imagine. Field agents specifically has to keep their identities secret because in their line of job they often encounter danger. People related to them will always be in danger. And that is the reason why they were given a cover life, to hide their true identity.

 

Agent Jessica Jung's cover is Jessica Park. Agent Tiffany Hwang is Tiffany Song. Agent Kwon Yuri is Yuri Lee. Tiffany and Yuri are married and they were the first agents to actually be in a relationship and tie the knot.

 

"Babe!" Jessica excitedly waved at her wife sitting at the car's hood, arms crossed and pair of shades sitting on her nose. Jessica quickly dashed towards Yoona who quickly opened her arms, anticipating Jessica will hug her but was startled when Jessica jumped into her arms instead.

 

Yoona chuckled, holding unto her wife's bottom in order not to let her fall. "Geez. Did you miss me?"

 

Jessica nodded like a child. Her actions right now is something an agent will never do but she did and it's because of her wife, her wife that makes her happy and complete.

 

Setting Jessica down, Yoona pecked her lips. "I missed you too." Noticing the presence of two other individuals, Yoona gave them a small smile. "Hello, Tiffany and Yuri."

 

Tiffany waved her hand. "Hi, Yoona. How's school?"

 

Yuri couldn't help but laugh. "How's school? Are you asking a kid?"

 

Tiffany ignored the remark but she quickly elbowed Yuri on her side. "I mean how's university? Jessica told me you were invited as a speaker."

 

Yoona nodded proudly. "Yeah. Since I'm an alumnus of the School of Information Systems I was invited to speak in front of their freshmen. And since I'm a News Reporter, they thought I can be a role model to them."

 

"Of course you are, baby." Jessica beamed brightly. "Are we all ready to go? I'm kinda hungry."

 

"Yeah, me too. We've been busy with dealing the money embezzelment case against a Gangnam office." Yuri added, earning glares from Tiffany and Jessica. She always add unnecessary things like this that she thought will help Jessica but it just come off as grandiose for the two other agents and weird for Yoona.

 

"Wait." Yoona peeled herself away from Jessica. She went to the passenger's seat and got something.

 

Jessica widened her eyes when she saw the bouquet of flowers Yoona have on her hands. Tears immediately filled her eyes.

 

"Happy Anniversary babe." Yoona smiled, giving the roses to Jessica.

 

Jessica took the flowers with a still dazed expression. She was obviously touched. "I thought you-"

 

"Forgot it?"

 

She nodded. She didn't hear a greeting from Yoona earlier this morning. All she got were goodbye kiss and hug and a soft I love you.

 

"I didn't forget. I cannot forget the day a wonderful woman like you married me." Yoona added, kissing Jessica's temple.

 

"Umm- I think Yuri and I will just go now. We don't want to ruin a special day." Tiffany quipped politely.

 

Yoona waved her hand instead. "No, it's okay. I plan to take Jessica out for dinner later. It's gonna be a date. So for now we can all have lunch together."

 

Her bright smile made it difficult for the other couple to refuse. Even Jessica insisted they come despite the fact Yuri might say something weird again. Jessica gave her a stern glare and the woman gulped, understanding the need to shut .

 

 

****

 

 

If you'll ask Jessica how her day has been, she'll say it was nothing but perfect.

 

During her anniversary dinner with Yoona, a group of waiters went to their table with a champagne and a cake that read Happy Anniversary. Yoona also hired a group of three violinists that serenaded them throughout their dinner.

 

It didn't end there. Yoona gifted her with a new Gucci wallet and a new collection of jewelry- bracelet, necklace and earrings- from Tiffany & Co. And then when the dessert came out, a letter with I love you written on it was present the moment the waiter took off the lid.

 

Jessica was beyond touch. She knew how busy Yoona has gotten these days yet she has managed to prepare an event for their anniversary. And all that Jessica has thought was to cook dinner for Yoona as a gift.

 

They were in a different scale when it came to celebrating.

 

So to show her gratefulness, Jessica gave Yoona that look of desire which was already a sign for Yoona to pay the bill and drive home.

 

To say Jessica's life before marrying Yoona was boring would be an understatement.

 

Jessica was nothing but passionate with her work. She once got a mission to pretend as a hooker but she didn't have with him. Before he can ever lay a finger on her however Jessica has knocked him out. Next thing he knew he was in cuffs and inside an interrogation room. He didn't even get first base with her. Jessica won't give her ity to a freaking drug addict.

 

When Jessica first met Yoona, that cliche love at first sight happened to her. Months after dating and after falling deeper in love, she knew then she wanted to spend her entire life with Yoona.

 

She remember their first night together, the night Jessica lost her ity. Yoona lost hers back in college, in a drunken night with her ex-girlfriend, Sooyoung, who is currently working with Yoona at the Broadcast Station.

 

To make things short, meeting Yoona not only made Jessica's life active but also interesting.

 

Currently lying on the bed, and basking in sweat after a wild anniversary , Jessica rested her face against Yoona's heaving chest.

 

"I can't believe it's been four years already." Yoona said after recovering from the tiring activity. "It seems only yesterday when you said I do."

 

Jessica chuckled heartily. "Do you remember the first time we met? Those corny pick-up lines you told me actually worked."

 

"I normally don't hit on girls." Yoona defended herself. "I just got the feeling that if I didn't get your number that night I'll forever be regretting it. And I was so glad I got your number that night and a date the next day."

 

Yoona wrapped her arms around her wife's torso. Damn it! They just had three rounds and it seems like Yoona's ready for a fourth one. Yet the feeling of cuddling with Jessica overpowered other thoughts.

 

"I love you, Jessica Park." Yoona kissed Jessica's temple tenderly. She can't believe she married the woman she loves. This woman is hers.

 

Jessica bit her lower lip when she heard that pretend name of hers. It's the name the CIA has given her as a cover. Sometimes she thinks Yoona is saying those words to someone else. But whenever Yoona look her in the eyes, she knew that those words are for noboby else but hers.

 

"I love you more Yoona." Jessica cuddled closer to Yoona. "I really do. I love you so much."

 

"Happy Anniversary, honey."

 

"Let's last forever." Jessica added.

 

"Of course." Yoona agreed. "And maybe even in the next life."

 

 

****

 

 

Dressed in a black corset, Agent Jessica's bust became even more prominent. A jean top barely covered her cleavage but it was okay. Jessica needed to get the attention of her target, Joo In Pyo. Her black pencil skirt barely covered half her thighs.

 

He works as a part-time DJ in Club Blast and apparently sells to whoever is interested. He's also wanted for Human Trafficking and Agents Tiffany Hwang, Kwon Yuri and Jessica Jung were tasked to apprehend him by all means.

 

Jessica dressed up in a daring manner, Yuri and Tiffany, a couple in real life, didn't have a hard time pretending to hit off on their supposed first meeting. They were seated in one table and Jessica made sure to report In Pyo's movement on her mic that was attached to her watch.

 

In Pyo was so engrossed in DJing that he didn't notice the cops. Also the crowded club made it impossible for him to check his surrounding.

 

Once his shift ended, Jessica quickly released an order. "Subject is going to the backdoor. Quickly subdue him once he's alone."

 

The three agents listened to their in-ear devices. They perfectly heard the operation outside and once they heard one of their colleague say that they have captured In Pyo, they can finally sigh in relief.

 

"I am never wearing this again." Jessica muttered grudgingly. "Tell Lee I'd rather hold a gun than dress like a hooker."

 

Yuri merely chuckled, earning a cold glare from Jessica. Tiffany on the other hand was looking somewhere else since the operation ended. Patting Jessica, she pointed in front where a woman was looking intently at their table- most specially at Jessica.

 

"That woman's been looking at you Jessi since earlier." Tiffany said as a matter of fact. "And she looks familiar."

 

"She's a reporter." Yuri deadpanned. "She's from TBS. The name's Im Yoona I believe."

 

Jessica glanced at the direction Tiffany has pointed and just like what was said, that Yoona was looking at her.

 

"Uh-oh. Our Jessica has attracted a gorgeous lady." Tiffany teased. Her eyes widened when the same woman started making her way to their table. "And she's  coming here! Oh gosh, give her a smile."

 

Jessica was frozen however. Those pair of gorgeous doe eyes left her breathless. She should be sending the woman away with her infamous icy glares but she can't seem to do that.  Something held her back and she remained that way until the woman was finally standing by their table.

 

"That must have hurt." Was the first thing the woman said, catching Jessica off guard.

 

"E-Excuse me?" She shifted in her seat.

 

"It must have hurt falling from heaven." The girl continued, flashing a set of perfectly white teeth. "The heaven has lost one gorgeous angel."

 

"I'm not a hooker." Jessica quickly explained in case the stranger has mistaken her for something she's not.

 

The stranger was undaunted however. "I know. You don't look like that type. Do you happen to believe in love at first sight?"

 

Jessica scoffed. "No, I don't."

 

When the stranger turned her head back, Jessica thought she'll leave but to her surprised continued speaking.

 

"Then what about at second sight?"

 

Jessica held back the urge to laugh because the woman was obviously trying hard to flirt with her.

 

"Since you're not a hooker, are you a painter then?"

 

Jessica furrowed her forehead. Where did that guess come from? "No, I'm not a painter."

 

"Well that's odd."

 

"Why is that?"

 

"Because ever since I've laid my eyes on you, my life's suddenly filled with colors. You filled it with colors."

 

Jessica rolled her eyes but she wasn't able to conceal the amused grin from appearing on her face. "You're persistent aren't you?"

 

"I normally don't hit on girls. But when I saw you I just had the urge to get your number."

 

An eyebrow was raised in suspicion.

 

"Did I look that easy in your eyes?"

 

"No. You're just special." The stranger then extended her hand. "By the way, my name is Yoona, Im Yoona. And I would really want to take you on a date."

 

Jessica stared at the extended hand for a good five seconds before taking it. She finally showed her that rare smile. "My name's Jessica, Jessica Park. And my work ends at six."

 

Yoona let a face splitting grin. She'll have to give Sooyoung a treat because those pick-up lines she's repeated on many girls that Yoona has gotten tired of hearing actually worked.

 

 

****

 

 

The sound of sizzling and clanking woke Yoona from her deep sleep. Searching the bed for her wife, Yoona made out off her still groggy state that Jessica's in the kitchen.

 

Cladding her ness with clothes, Yoona headed to the kitchen only to witness her wife engrossed cooking breakfast. She sneaked behind the woman and wrapped her arms around her.

 

"Good morning." Yoona sang, peppering kisses along Jessica's neck.

 

Jessica leaned into her wife's embrace. "Good morning, honey. Did you have a good night sleep?"

 

"As a matter of fact, I did." Yoona pulled away with a teasing grin. She pouted when Jessica playfully swatted away her face but quickly replaced it with another grin when she received a kiss on her lips. "What are you cooking?"

 

"I just cooked the sausages and eggs. I'm just toasting the bread and then we can have breakfast already." Seeing the bottled juice she bought last time, Jessica handed it to Yoona. "Baby can you please open this for me? It's sealed tightly."

 

Yoona easily uncapped the bottle and proudly returned it to Jessica.

 

"Thanks, baby. You're realy strong."

 

Yoona has always been strong but Jessica is no push over. The years of training not only improved her strength but also her speed, agility and reflexes. But during times like this, Jessica pretend the weak type because Yoona was supposed to be the strong one, who always vowed to protect her. There needed to be a balance in their relationship.

 

The ringing of the telephone interrupted the couple's happy time. Yoona answered the wireless phone as Jessica tended to the now ready toasts.

 

"Hey, Sooyoung."

 

Jessica glanced over Yoona and she wasn't surprised when she saw her taking the notepad next to the phone, uncapping a pen, and scribbling the details Sooyoung was saying from the next line.

 

"Where's Kim Gun Hee?"

 

Jessica watch Yoona scribble some more.

 

"So Hyoyeon got this news? Okay I'll go to the station now and review every news. Has Taeyeon reported it on her radio?"

 

Aside from being a news reporter, Yoona happened to be the News and Current Affairs Director which means every news that would be reported should undergo Yoona's approval and if she orders that they focus on something, for example the unfortunate Sewol tragedy, then whoever is assigned to cover the news would be in-charge of coverage until Yoona says so.

 

"How did the cops catch Kim anyway?" Yoona muttured once she was done scribbling. "The cops has been searching for him for years and then suddenly then all of the sudden he was brought to the station? Who brought him there?"

 

Jessica stood frozen. It was a tricky operation yesterday morning. Kim showered them with bullets but being a sharp shooter, Jessica shot his shoulder in one shot and once he was subdued, he was driven to Seoul Police Department.

 

They held a short briefing inside Seohyun's office before they were sent away for lunch and it was then when Jessica was able to feel that it was her freaking anniversary. She wasn't able to bask in that feeling because shooting of bullets, running non-stop and more shooting aren't exactly the most romantic thing in the world.

 

"You have no idea? I see. I'll get back to you. I'll be at the station in about one hour. See you there."

 

Finally Yoona has hang up the phone. She joined Jessica at the dining table who welcomed her with a curious look.

 

"What happened?"

 

"Do you know Kim Gun Hee?"

 

Jessica shook her head, feigning ignorance. This was another thing that made their relationship balanced. Yoona, due to her job, knows a lot of people and events and therefore she's well updated of any current information. Jessica is well informed too because part of her training before is to study as many profile as possible within an hour. She's read and memorized those profiles she read.

 

"He's been wanted for Human Trafficking and ion rings. He's also a suspect for the death of the Judge who was in-charged of his Child molestation case." Yoona explained. "He's been caught and brought to SPD. And he's wounded. It seems like he's gotten involved with a shoot out."

 

"Wow. Just from what you said it seems like he's a bad man." Jessica feigned a surprised tone. "That's just...evil."

 

"Well... Evil ran through his bones. What I'm curious is how SPD has managed get him. There was no reported gun fire in Seoul. However, this morning on Taeyeon's radio, she reported a shooting in Puchon yesterday. That's out of SPD's jurisdiction. Then why did he end up in SPD?"

 

Jessica kept silent. Yoona's really smart. She was a geek back in high school and college. That intelligence helped her climb her way up the ladder of success. That's why at a young age of twenty seven Yoona's already a director.

 

"Maybe you're just thinking too much, baby." Jessica coaxed into shifting the topic. "Let's eat breakfast instead."

 

Yoona smiled and welcomed the action of Jessica putting food on her plate. Jessica's caring nature is one of the things Yoona loved about her.

 

"Yeah, let's just eat." Yoona smiled warmly at her wife. "I'll miss you."

 

"I'll miss you too."

 

"So you guys are going for an ocular inspection today?"

 

"Yeah. We'll go to Puchon. We have to inspect a land that is gonna be divided between siblings." Jessica says with a frown. "Ugh. I wish we can spend more time. I barely felt that it was our anniversary."

 

"What about last night?" Yoona cocked a teasing eyebrow, eliciting a giggle.

 

Jessica nodded. "I certaily did feel it last night." She pecked Yoona on the lips before putting food on her own plate. "I'll call you once I reach the place."

 

 

****

 

 

"You're glowing, woman."

 

Jessica ignored Yuri and opened her locker instead. Her badge, gun and its holster and her handcuffs were hidden inside. She set her bag down and started stripping off the 'uniform' she worn. Down on her all back underwear and stockings, Jessica started wearing the outfit Tiffany has handed to her, a simple skinny jeans and white blouse.

 

"How's the anniversary date?" Now it was Tiffany who asked.

 

Jessica stepped into her heels. "It was great." The tone at the end of her statement indicated just how satisfying last night has been. "Yoona has done lots of event for me."

 

She grabbed her holster with the gun inside and wore it around her hips. She hang her badge and cuffs on her belt.

 

"She hired a group of violinists to serenade us, ordered a special anniversary cake, gifted me with new jewelry and many other details." Jessica continued.

 

Only the three of them are present inside the locker room since this space is only for the field agents. There were only four lockers here, the other one which formerly belong to Seohyun, who has been promoted to Chief Director. It doesn't mean that there are only three field agents. This is only for the women's side. The men's locker room is at the other side of the floor.

 

"And did you reward her with something?" Yuri asked half expecting and half teasing.

 

"As a matter of fact I did." Jessica replied nonchalantly. "It's only proper to give my lovely wife the most blowing ever."

 

"I can't believe that just came out your mouth, Jessica." Tiffany sniggered. "You and wasn't exactly a good pair."

 

"That's years ago, Tiffany. Everything about me changed ever since I met and married Yoona." Jessica gathered her hair behind and tied it into a ponytail. "Enough talking about my life. Seohyun's expecting us in her office in a few minutes. Let's go."

 

The couple chuckled at Jessica's blushing cheeks and her insistence to change the subject. The obvious bounce in her steps told Tiffany and Yuri that Jessica's in a very jovial mood. Whatever Yoona did to Jessica is enough to make Jessica's happy mood last the entire week.

 

Along the way to Seohyun's office, they spot the male agents come out the said office.

 

"Wait. You guys received your mission already?" Yuri inquired.

 

A tall, slender man nodded at her, waving the folder. "We got assigned in Slovania. And guess what?" He pointed at a small guy beside him. "Taemin's gonna pretend to be a girl."

 

"Why am I not surprised, Siwon?" Jessica said. "And Slovenia? Goodness I hope our mission won't send us out of the country."

 

"Why? Would you miss your Yoona?" Siwon haughtily waved his charmingly thick eyebrows.

 

"That and the fact that I don't want to lie anymore. What reason will I give this time?" Jessica sighed heavily, burdened by this untold mission already.

 

"It's really hard marrying someone outside the agency especially for agents like us." Siwon emphatizes because even right now as he is dating, he already finds it difficult. "Well, Taemin and I will go now. We can't miss the plane."

 

With a playful salute, the two male agents walked away to start their mission. Jessica faced her friends, a scowl on her face.

 

"Gosh, I swear I've ran out of lies."

 

The moment they entered the office, the three of them felt the seriousness of the atmosphere. Seohyun barely smile when their gazes met and instead beckoned them to seat. Pulling out three folders from her drawer, Seohyun handed it to each one of them.

 

"Damien Young. He's a half-Brazilian and half-Canadian gun for hire. He's been up the Interpol since three years ago because he's the main suspect of the assassination of US Finance Secretary Conery. According to main HQ they have spotted him in the Philippines. Then he made a flight for Thailand."

 

Seohyun started and the three agents followed by reading the folder given to them. Once they turned the next page, a page full of photos, Seohyun continued.

 

"From the photos you see, Young was visiting two clinics. One is a plastic surgery clinic and the other is a gender exchange clinic."

 

Jessica gaped, as if knowing already what Young have in mind. "Please don't tell me Damien Young is planning on changing his gender and face just to avoid the police."

 

"We are not yet sure but according to our technical analysts, there is a possiblity he get that kind of work done. If that transformation will help him fool the eyes of the authorities then Damien might grab that opportunity. So your mission will be to catch him before he do his operation as scheduled."

 

"So he set a date?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Yes. He's scheduled for a plastic surgery three days from now." Seohyun read through her tablet. "You're flying to Bangkok tomorrow."

 

"Tomorrow?" Jessica squeaked in surprise. "Immediately tomorrow?"

 

"Yes. Is there any problem Agent Jung?" Seohyun confirmed.

 

"I- How am I suppose to tell Yoona about it? How many seminar or convention overseas stories will I tell her? And it's so rushed. She'll badly wonder." Jessica frowned, gazing at Seohyun with imploring eyes. "What should I say this time?"

 

"Unnie... I don't mean to be rude but if you don't want to take the mission, I'll understand." Seohyun sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck. "I forgot that you're married already. I shouldn't expect that you'll be active one hundred percent."

 

"It's okay Seohyun. It's just that... I love this job. But right now my priority is my wife." Jessica explained softly. "I can't leave especially when we just had our fourth anniversary yesterday. I want to spend time with her for a while before I take a mission overseas."

 

"I understand, unnie." Seohyun then faced Yuri and Tiffany. "I'll send Minho to assist you both in this mission. Jessica unnie, you don't need to come. Is it okay?" She glanced at Yuri and Tiffany who both nodded in response. Seohyun then wore a sad expression. "But unfortunately Jessica unnie, you can't skip tonight's mission."

 

"Of course, Hyunnie. I won't miss this." Jessica reassured. "I loveeeee going undercover."

 

The three other ladies laughed at the thick sarcasm behind that statement.

 

 

****

 

 

Yoona sat inside her office, reviewing the news that will be reported later at the nine o'clock primetime news.

 

"Sunny, tell Jiyoung that this report of hers about the bus coalition needed to be revised. The numbers aren't matching with the reports given by the hospital and police. There were nine injuries and no casualties but in Jiyoung's report there were eight injuries and one casualty. Ask her to follow up to the authorities to check the final number."

 

Yoona shuffled through the papers that Sunny just handed to her. That was the last report to read.

 

"Okay, everything's fine except Jiyoung's. If ever the final number is the one on her report, tell her to not revise it anymore. She only need to change it if there's been a mistake. We can't afford to make even a slightest mistake."

 

Sunny scribbled through the pad her was holding, nodding along as Yoona spoke. "Okay, Yoona."

 

Yoona stacked the papers in order, aligning them properly so that they are properly organized, before handing them back to Sunny. She put Jiyoung's paper on the very top of the stack.

 

"By the way, are you coming to Sooyoung's invitation?" Sunny asked all of the sudden.

 

"Huh? What invitation?" Yoona was bewildered.

 

"Duh! It's her birthday today and she's invited some friends to celebrate her birthday in a restobar."

 

"Restobar?"

 

"It's a restaurant by morning till six in the evening then afterwards the place shifts into a more relaxing atmosphere."

 

"I see. But I don't think I can come. I forgotten about that invitation so I haven't asked Jessica."

 

Sunny smiled warmly at her. "You really love your wife don't you? You always put her first."

 

"I try to do that most of the time. Right now she's my first priority." Yoona explained proudly.

 

Unfortunately for Yoona, Sooyoung still dragged her to the location much to her confusion. Sooyoung threatened to never to speak with Yoona ever again if the woman does not attend her party.

 

And since Yoona didn't want her friend to give her the cold shoulder, Yoona decided to come along but only for a few minutes. She couldn't reach Jessica's phone because it's off. Yoona didn't want her wife to worry so she promised to be home after thirty minutes.

 

Yet Sooyoung thought that plan is nothing but rubbish.

 

"Geez, Yoona. It's our bonding time." Sooyoung tried pulling the guilt trip. "We barely talked and bonded anymore. I mean, come on!"

 

Sooyoung led the group of four composed of herself, Yoona, Taeyeon, and Sunny inside the private area of the restobar she rented. The four of them are college friends and they auditioned together as reporters. Yoona and Sooyoung passed, Taeyeon and Sunny were recommended as radio reporters instead because their voices were beautiful and suited it.

 

Sunny just recently joined the live broadcast team because she was recommended when an opening happened. Taeyeon was fine with her position though, she liked radio broadcasts. She has two shows, one daily on the weekdays and one during the weekends, three hours each. The latter is an FM date stint, something Taeyeon wanted to try ever since she was little. So instead of live reporting, she chose DJ-ing.

 

 "But what about Jessica? She'll be worried sick about me." Yoona pleaded her case. "Soo, you know I love you."

 

"Jessica agreed about our Friday night playtime right? Just tell her it's the same case." Taeyeon explained this time.

 

Yoona raised her phone, shaking it for emphasis. "I kept on calling her but I can't reach her."

 

"Maybe she's still at work." Sunny reasoned. Among the three, Yoona see Sunny as the most matured. Sooyoung and Taeyeon have their own series of immaturity and childishness. "Come on, Yoona. Just leave her a text or even a voice mail. She'll get it."

 

Yoona sighed dejectedly and called her wife once again. She left a voice mail instead once she heard the alert.

 

Maybe some time with her friends won't hurt.

 

 

****

 

 

The private area the agents were in was located inside a ninety square meter room that is divided to four cubicles. The dividers were not fixed walls but retractable ones instead. They were thick mahogany that had tribal designs all over it. The dividers were transparent because the small carvings and wood designs created holes which allowed people to somewhat see what's going on the other cubicle.

 

In other words you can peep on it. It is easy to spy on others.

 

Which is why Jessica, Tiffany and Yuri are able to watch over their target, Benito Lopez, a wanted Mexican for illegal possession of firearms, drugs like heroin and also a suspect for a big time robbery of a bank back in New Texas. He was with someone else, a foreign looking dude.

 

"Do you still have a visual of Benito?" came a voice from within their earpieces.

 

"Affirmative, Kyungsoo." Jessica answered.

 

"I see. Just maintain a visual of Benito for our camera. He's currently drinking his fourth glass of brandy. His men and the hookers they rented are on the other cubicle drinking and flirting away. Any idea what Benito is saying to his friend?" Kyungsoo tried to keep the agents focused on the mission.

 

"No idea." Yuri said. "His rats are more noisy than he is."

 

"Wait." Jessica fiddled with the right arm of her spectacles to zoom in her visual. The spectacles is a camera that has ten times capacity to magnify than a regular one. "Do you see that envelop? Benito just got it from his friend."

 

They heard keyboard tapping on the other line. Kyungsoo's probably working on the images right now. "The envelop wasn't sealed. I magnified the images you got and there were a few wads of hundred dollar bills inside. I also saw cannabis. It seems like Benito's friend is a drug dealer himself."

 

"Got it Kyungsoo." Tiffany said. "Have you ran a facial scanner for Benito's friend?"

 

More sound of keyboard typing at the end. "I'm on it. It will only take a few seconds until our database give me an answer. Oh here it is. I'm loving the upgrade in our software." There was a pause, then he spoke. "Olivario Gomez, a fellow Mexican of Benito. According to his records he was already imprisoned for molestation and illegal drug dealing. He was also previously reported to have caused a ruckus in a formal gathering while drunk. He gate crashed the wedding reception of his ex-girlfriend who filed an assault case against him. He attacked her now husband, Ken Williams."

 

"Damn, that's quite a record." Yuri scrunched her face in disgust.

 

"It is. He and Benito sure do make good friends."

 

Jessica looked at her watch, eager to go home in case Yoona's already home. "Listen, Kyungsoo. Are we done here?"

 

The agents watched as their subject Benito and his friend exit the cubicle. They exchanged handshakes and Olivario left first. Benito called over his men who brought the two hookers, intended in bringing the girls home. They left the place as well, totally unaware of somebody spying on them.

 

"Yeah, we're done here. Wait for my signal and you guys can come out."

 

Jessica sighed in relief. Finally she can now go home and see her lovable wife, maybe even cuddle. She always look forward spending time with her wife. She enjoy those moments they share.

 

"Geez, Yoona. It's our bonding time. We barely talked and bonded anymore. I mean, come on!"

 

Jessica sat still, trying so hard to decipher that familiar voice. And did she just hear her wife's name?

 

 "But what about Jessica? She'll be worried sick about me.... Soo, you know I love you."

 

"Jessica agreed about our Friday night playtime right? Just tell her it's the same case." 

 

"I kept on calling her but I can't reach her."

 

Jessica whipped her head to the entrance of the private area and to her surprise saw her wife Yoona with her friends. Jessica quickly ducked her head, trying so hard to hide her face. She could feel her phone vibrating from her pocket just as she turned it on a few seconds ago so she pulled it out. She wasn't surprised to see missed calls and texts from Yoona.

 

Her heart hammered against her chest. How the did Yoona end up in Jessica's mission location? Is fate pulling some kind of trick on Jessica in hopes of ruining her cover? 

 

Hey babe. Are you home? I just want to say I might be home late. It's Sooyoung's birthday today and I have been coerced into attending her party. Okay I'm just kidding. I was forced to. Call me once you've read this message. I love you.

 

That's what was written in Yoona's latest message as Jessica read through her inbox. She looked up when she felt a pat from Tiffany.

 

"You didn't tell her where we were, right?" Tiffany asked suspiciously.

 

"Of course, Tiffany. I'll risk my wife seeing me doing an undercover job, jeopardizing my identity." Jessica replied with sarcasm. "Of course I didn't tell Yoona! I won't risk my relationship with her."

 

Tiffany watched Jessica bend down again, trying so hard to hide her face. She then veered her gaze back to Yoona and her group who settled to the next cubicle next to the agents.

 

"I left a voice mail already." Tiffany heard Yoona say. "But if she doesn't answer I'll leave in an hour."

 

Jessica pressed the ear monitor, hoping her controller feels her urgency. "Kyungsoo, listen to me. We need to get out of here or I'll blow my cover."

 

"Umm- It's a little difficult right now, Agent Jung."

 

Jessica frowned. "What do you mean it's difficult? My wife is here, inside, and I need to get out ASAP or else my cover will blow."

 

"But-"

 

"But what?" Jessica softly yelled over the mic, trying so hard to keep quiet so that Yoona or any of her friends won't hear her.

 

"Yoona-shi's car is blocking our van." Kyungsoo reasoned out.

 

Jessica shortly looked up to her friends, who gave her a shrug in return. Looking over the other cubicle where her wife is, Jessica watched Yoona chat with her friends who are still in the middle of convincing her to stay.

 

She smiled when Sooyoung grabbed Yoona for a head lock, making Yoona reluctantly promise to stay and face the wrath of her wife instead.

 

"Is the whole car blocking you?" Jessica asked to Kyungsoo.

 

"No. Her hood is somewhat blocking our van. Her friend Sooyoung's car is parked in an unparallel manner."

 

Jessica swallowed hard. She need to come up with a decision. It's either leave right now or blow her cover.

 

"Ram Yoona's car." She then said.

 

"Eh?!"

 

"You heard me." Jessica repeated. "Drive pass Yoona's car!"

 

TBC

 

Luckily most of this chapter was written before I got my writer's block but as of right now no idea comes in my head. Sorry guys, no update from me that much. I am also quite busy in school :(

 

Hope you liked this chapter! Vote and comment please! :D

 

-kariboo17