And the plot thickens...

The Secret Life of Jessica Jung

YASSSS 36 pages of update people! Stan me! WIthout further blabbering, I present the update!

 

Do comment and vote if you liked this. Thanks!
 

With love,

-Kariboo17

 

**************************************

 

"You got to be kidding me."

 

Jessica looked into Seohyun's eyes before shaking her head.

 

"No. I'm incredibly serious, Juhyun." She replied.

 

Jessica sat in front of Seohyun's desk, looking dead serious but at the same time it was obvious that there was a look of sadness in her eyes.

 

Seohyun examined the paper Jessica has handed her. Jessica has filed a resignation letter. Yes, she was dead serious when she said she wanted to be a regular housewife who will take good care of Yoona, who will wait for her every single night with a tub of hot bubble bath prepared to loose the tension of a stressful day, who will take good care of their future kids in case Jessica decide that she's finally ready to bear one, and who will be at peace without worrying a stray bullet during a mission will take her life and leave her precious Yoona.

 

No more lies, just peace and happiness- these are the things Jessica wanted aside from being with her lovely wife Yoona.

 

"Unnie... Are you sure about this? Didn't you say this job makes you happy?" Seohyun repeated.

 

Jessica sighed heavily, shoulders down. "Yes, this job makes me happy. It has been my life, Seohyun. I grew up doing nothing else but this. Yet at the same time I realized that getting married with Yoona included changing my priorities. She's my number one priority now, Seohyun." She flashed a small smile. "So although it pains me that I have to quit this job, I have to, for I wouldn't be able to live without Yoona. She's my life now, Seohyun and I don't want to lose her."

 

Putting the resignation paper down, Seohyun leaned against her chair "Well I have to say I'm quite upset to know that you're quitting but at the same time I understand your position unnie. You're right. You have a different responsibility now and that doesn't include shooting guns or apprehending criminals."

 

Jessica shrugged her shoulders. "True." Then she shook her head. "All this time Yoona has been nothing but honest with me but all I did was keep things away from her."She heaved a deep, troubled sigh. "Half of the things she know about me are lies, Juhyun-ah, yet Yoona accepted me. She never doubted me, no, not one second."

 

Seohyun watched her best agent scowl in contempt.

 

"Do you know how excited she becomes whenever she talks about her school days? I can't even tell her mine. What will I tell her? That at the age of nine I can already hold and fire a gun? That at age ten I can assemble and disassemble any type of gun? That by the age of eleven I can already difuse a bomb and by twelve I know how to already make one? That when normal students were going into prom, I got a medal for my tenth successful mission? That when she graduated college I was part of the team who saved the then Korean President from an assassination?"

 

Jessica buried her face into her palms, frustration written all over her features.

 

"I can't lie anymore Juhyun. The more I lie to Yoona, the more I am hurting her. And every lie can snap the foundation of our relationship, even though she loves me more than anything. She'll be devastated when she finds out about my secrets."

 

"It's a pity, unnie. You're our best agent." Seohyun sighed dejectedly, earning a soft chuckle from Jessica. "I'll have this processed immediately then. You'll have your separation pay and pension ready in a week-"

 

"Seo- If possible I want to finish this current mission with Tiffany and Yuri." Jessica stared into Seohyun's eyes. "This is our last mission together after all. I want to see it to the very end."

 

Seohyun sat still, pondering the idea for a moment, before bursting into a wide smile. "Of course, unnie." She reached for Jessica's hand. "If ever you change your mind and miss the double life, know that you are always welcome to come back, Agent Jung."

 

Jessica squeezed Seohyun's hand. She really appreciate the kindness Seohyun is showing her. "Thank you, Juhyun. It's gratifying to know I am still welcome."

 

"Of course, unnie. You'll always be part of this family."

 

 

****

 

 

Yoona sat on her desk, scanning through the scripts  for the Primetime at Nine news later tonight. She was interrupted by a soft knock on her door. Lifting her head, she spotted Sunny peaking her head through the small gap on the door.

 

"Good afternoon, Sunny unnie." She greeted.

 

"Good afternoon, Yoona." Sunny fully entered the room, holding a small brown envelop. "Guess what we received?"

 

Yoona's eyes widened, quickly setting the scripts down. Her gaze travelled to the envelop Sunny is holding. "Is this the third one?"

 

"Yes." Sunny answered. "What the hell is this Yoona? You've been receiving mails that has no stamps. This didn't go through the post office, meaning it was delivered personally. The first one were papers, the second one too." She handed the envelop to Yoona who quickly opened the mail.

 

Yoona retrived a small blue flashdrive, about four inches long, two DVDs, then another batch of papers.

 

"What are those?" Sunny asked again.

 

"Manuscripts." Yoona answered. "I'm doing a favor for a friend. She asked me to proofread her story. She's releasing a novel soon."

 

Sunny eyed Yoona warily. She was kinda suspicious with the package but she didn't want to push it. She shouldn't put her nose in somebody else's business.

 

"Oooookay." Her suspicious gaze lingered from Yoona back to the mail but shrugged it off and left the office.

 

Yoona exhaled in relief. She checked whether the door is closed and once she was sure, she entered the flashdrive in her own personal laptop.

 

Once the drive finished installing, she was diverted to a pop-up window that contained numbers and letters alike.

 

"! It's coded." Yoona cursed above a whisper. The frown was quickly replaced with a smirk though. "Well, this is rather exciting."

 

With her fingers hovering the keyboard, Yoona started typing at a quick speed. Her finger pressed different keys in every second. She wouldn't waste time thinking was the code is all about. If there is one thing Yoona is good at, it's hacking. She often hacked the computers in school in order to change the boring wallpapers. Her hacking skills is so good that she impressed the Secretary of Defense during a seminar about the dangers of saving government files in computers. Yoona was able to bypass an anti-hacking system prototype that the Blue House made effortlessly. Because she was able to hack the prototype, the system was denied and so they made a new one.

 

Yoona has no idea what the new system is. She didn't hack a computer again after that event because she was scared how a mere student like her was able to bypass a system prototype the Blue House has created itself. What about those people who are more experienced than her? Hacking the entire Korean Database would be as easy as breaking a toothpick.

 

"Not that impenetrable, aren't you?" Yoona's smirk grew wider as she continued pressing the keyboard. She was sending codes of her own to counter the coded protection of the drive.

 

In a few minutes, she has able to unlock the code. Her screen showed just one folder labeled as photos. Clicking the folder, Yoona gasped upon seeing the faces of familiar people. Some are working in the medical field, some in the government and most are in the police force. The last photo has a black background with white text written on it.

 

"Let's meet up today. EterniTea cafe, 3PM." Yoona read out loud. Her gaze continued to linger at the photo, wondering whether she read it right. "She's probably gonna tell me she's telling the truth. She's probably gonna ask me to believe her."

 

Yoona hesitated. What if this intel she has been receiving is nothing but bogus? Yet at the same time it can be the truth especially since Yoona was already presented with evidences. They may be fabricated but the effort this person gave just to fabricate hundreds of documents and pictures is commendable. Yoona won't even do that even if she will be offered millions.

 

Collecting the flashdrive, the DVDs, and the first two packages sent to her, Yoona gathered her belongings and left her office. She told Sunny the scripts for the primetime news is all clear and waiting on her desk.

 

"I'm going somewhere." She quickly said to Sunny as she hastily took her leave. "Call me if something's up."

 

She didn't even let Sunny reply for she was already at the elevator. She quickly boarded her new Chevloret car, a gift from Jessica for their anniversary, then headed to the place she was told to come.

 

 

****

 

 

The locker room was nothing but silent. Jessica couldn't bear to look at her partners in the eyes. Yes, she was guilty for quitting yet she knew it was the right decision. Jessica had to give up her happiness, a selfless decision, in order to make her wife happy, to give her undivided attention and to stop creating all the lies.

 

"Are you really sure with this decision already, Jessica?" asked Yuri. Her expression right now isn't like her mischievous one and it somewhat scared Jessica. Is her friend mad at her?

 

Jessica nodded slowly, eyes fixed on the floor. "Yes, I'm sure Yuri."

 

Yuri gazed over her wife Tiffany, beckoning her to say something. Taking a deep breath, although hesitant, Tiffany shot a question.

 

"This is quite a surprise, Jessi." Tiffany sat on a wooden bench, facing Jessica. "I thought you liked this job."

 

"I do like it. I love it, Tiff. This job has been my life but-" Jessica gave a deep sigh. "I want to be a better wife for Yoona."

 

Another exchange of glances between Yuri and Tiffany before the latter scooted closer to Jessica.

 

"Isn't this too much of a sacrifice though, Jess? This... This is huge."

 

"I know it's huge." Jessica replied. "But do you know what the biggest sacrifice is?" She threw the couple a pointed look before shaking their heads. "It's Yoona loving every bit of me even though she doesn't know the real me. She made a risk, a huge risk by trusting a con artist like me. She sacrificed her life by associating with an agent like me. So no Tiff, this isn't that huge compared to what Yoona went through."

 

"You're not a con arrtist, Jess." consoled Yuri, sitting on the other side of Jessica.

 

"Yes, I am, Yuri." Jessica couldn't deny that fact. "What do you call someone who keeps on faking her identity? What hurts even more is the fact that my wife doesn't know the real Jessica. I am not a lawyer, I'm a woman who fire guns, kill bad guys, arrest international criminals. It makes me sick to think that every night the person Yoona is cuddling is someone else. Yes, it is me, but I am not Jessica Park, I'm Jessica Jung."

 

Standing up, Jessica faced the couple while leaning against the lockers.

 

"She says I love you to Jessica Park every time but I even doubt that person is me. It's hard."

 

"But she fell in love with Jessica Park." Yuri reasoned. As much as she feel bad for her friend, she still couldn't bear to accept the fact that she will leave this job.

 

Tiffany nodded, agreeing with her wife. "Yes. She liked that fiesty lawyer, that woman who can kill with one glare, that woman who cling to her possessively, that woman who was honest with her feelings even though she was pretending to live as someone else. Yoona loves you because you're you."

 

Jessica stood in silence, gathering her thoughts. Tiffany and Yuri thought Jessica will  reconsider her resignation.  After a few moment of silence, Jessica has spoken once again.

 

"You know... I pretty much envy Aladdin." Jessica went on with her allusion comparison. "He was able to stop pretending to be something he was not. He ended pretending to be a Prince. But for me? There is no end to this. I have to live the rest of my life pretending to be Jessica Park. I can never be Jessica Jung."

 

Tiffany and Yuri exchanged glances once again, this time it conceded defeat. They are Jessica's friends and so even though it pained them to know she will no longer be part of their team, their family, Jessica will always be their friend and therefore support her with all her future endeavors.

 

"Well... Since you're fully decided already, we won't stop you anymore." Tiffany conceded.

 

"Thank you, Tiff. You don't know how much this means to me."

 

"Too bad you won't be able to enjoy Thailand. Our mission there is two days away. Phuket is a wonderful place from what I've heard." Yuri pouted. "Then after getting a sweet, nice tan in Thailand, you can go back here and show Yoona your new color. Who knows it might turn her on and you get yourself a mind blowing welcoming gift!"

 

Jessica flushed red at the scandalous idea although she might say the idea is rather tempting. "Don't be an idiot, Yuri!" Of course she wouldn't admit how enticing that idea was especially not in front of Yuri. "By the way, I asked Juhyun a favor."

 

The couple eyed her attentively, listening to what she is about to say.

 

"I asked her to let me finish this mission with you guys for the last time and she approved it."

 

Shrieks of happiness followed by tight hugs enveloped Jessica much to her annoyance. She tried to push them away but stopped for she realized that she need to create more memories with her friends therefore she should spend more time with them.

 

"Okay, okay. Enough hugging." Finally the group hug was broken. Jessica straightened her clothes before continuing. "Okay, since it has been a while since the three of us ate together, let's go out for a snack right now. My treat."

 

"Nice! This is why I like going out with you and Yoona! You guys are really generous."

 

"Well I'm still in the process of deciding whether you will join Tiffany and I-"

 

"Tiffany and I are like bring one and take one, just like you and Yoona." Yuri grinned sheepishly before escaping with Tiffany.

 

Jessica watched the backs of her friends. A sad smile replaced the happy grin earlier. She will definitely miss her partners in crime or rather partners in law. If only she didn't love Yoona so much she wouldn't resort to resigning from her beloved job. Unfortunately for Jessica, she loves Yoona with her life and therefore she would have to give up her dangerous job in order to fully commit heself to Yoona. No more excuses and lies about overseas convention whatsoever.

 

Since she has assumed the identity of Jessica Park, Jessica just need to live up to it. She wouldn't want to be viewed as a bad wife. In fact, she'll make it sure she's the best wife in town.

 

No matter how smart Jessica is, she can be really stupid when it comes to love - or rather she can be really stupid when it comes to Yoona. There is nothing she wouldn't do for her dear wife.

 

 

****

 

 

Yoona waited by the at the corner of EterniTea. She waited patiently and at the same time anxiously for the intel who kept on sending her secret information.

 

"It's good to see you came even though you're in doubt."

 

Yoona looked up and spotted a rather pretty lady. She was a little bit taller than Jessica but smaller than Yoona. She wore a shirt that has a cut displaying her stomach paired with denim pants. Her skin was a little darker compared to Yoona's fair complexion but fairer than Sooyoung's. Her hair was short that Yoona would have mistaken her for a boy if had she not seen her gifted chest. She was also a fit, a built that tells Yoona this lady is probably active in sports or exercise. The lady didn't wear a cap or a muffler to hide her face. Most of the time trying to look less suspicious is the easiest way to earn suspicion.

 

"I trusted the documents you gave me." She gestured the chair in front of her. Once the lady was seated, Yoona continued. "It will be hard to fake bank transaction and account numbers, right?"

 

The lady chuckled, crossing her arms and legs. "If you checked the banks and confirmed then you will know all the numbers are real. I'm not that smart to make them up, you know?"

 

Yoona stared at the lady hardly and carefully. "Why are you entrusting me with this information?"

 

"It's because you're the only journalist I trust. If this story is revealed by you then people will believe it. You have a high credibility rate, do you know that?"

 

"What's your purpose in doing this? I find it hard to believe you're doing this without anything in return."

 

"If I see these people behind bars then I will get my pay. It's more of a personal vendetta. Their mafia group gave my brother drugs. He was badly recruited to their organization without his consent. They made him sell drugs but he didn't sell them. He consumed them himself for he was already addicted to it. He wasn't able to pay his six months quota and so they finished him off."

 

Yoona listened attentively although her face showed sympathy. "I'm sorry for your loss."

 

"Thank you." She sighed loudly. "It was really hard to accept his departure but I swore on his behalf that I will seek justice. Ever since his death I investigated the mafia group who put him to hell. My investigation led me here in Korea."

 

Yoona fished something out of her purse, the same flashdrive she got earlier. "You're the one who sent me this flashdrive, right?"

 

The lady nodded. "And you decoded it. As expected from the best hacker of her college."

 

"The packages you gave me had no stamps nor was it addressed to me. What if I wasn't the one who picked it up? What if somebody got a hold of it instead?" Yoona stated bluntly. She was suspicious as to why this lady was rather careless.

 

The lady smiled, as if she anticipated that question. "You're the best one at computers in the whole building, Yoona-ssi. If someone else got the package they will hand over it to you anyway to decode it. In the end you'll still be the one to see it."

 

Yoona eyed her warily. She really has no idea what to believe right now. "What about the bank transactions you gave me? Is that legit?"

 

The lady nodded. "If you're smart, which I know you are, you would have call the banks to verify the accounts listed." Seeing Yoona's knowing look, she smiled. "And you did that already, didn't you?"

 

"Of course, I had to confirm it first just like how leads need to be verified before it is reported." Yoona explained.

 

"Why did you have to ask me if it is legit then?"

 

"I want to confirm this over and over because..." Yoona eyed her sternly. "This is a serious matter. This matter is something the people will pay serious attention and one wrong fact I report can mean chaos. I don't want that to happen."

 

The lady shrugged her shoulders. "Meticulous. Very meticulous. As expected from Im Yoona."

 

Yoona valued integrity when it came to reporting. She respected the news just like how she respected people. It was that attitude that promoted her to her current position. She always had that eye for details no matter how small it is. She was that type of reporter who wouldn't release a news unless it has three or more verified sources.

 

Yoona hated lies and liars. She is a member of the panel that interviews upcoming news reporters or interns. Yoona is very honest and frank that if she had something she didn't like she will vocally express it. She didn't like pretentions. Even when she was tempted to hide some of her bad qualities like her temper from Jessica when they were still dating, still Yoona stayed true to herself. There was no point in keeping a secret. If Jessica didn't like her for who she is then no matter how much she liked the girl back when they were dating, she would have broken up with her.

 

"I can't promise you these people will be put into prison. It's way out of my jurisdiction. It's for the law to decide. However, I can promise you that I will do everything I can to expose them to the very core. I'll do my best to make sure my report won't only clip their wings but also cripple their legs."

 

Yoona won't let them escape unscratched. She will drag them to hell. Seeing the lady's smiling face, Yoona was reminded that she don't even know her name yet.

 

"By the way, you haven't told me your name yet."

 

The lady giggled. She stretched out a palm for a handshake. "Sorry. I got carried away. I'm Bae Suzy."

 

Yoona took the hand and shook it firmly. "Well then Miss Bae, I'll do my best."

 

"I know you will."

 

 

****

 

 

"I think I want a Cappucino."

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes at Yuri's indecisiveness. "You said you'll have Machiatto earlier and now you want Cappucino."

 

"Your wife is right." Jessica agreed. "Don't let the person treating you to lunch wait."

 

Yuri shivered at the glare Jessica just gave her. "Okay, okay. I'll have a Cappucino and that's final. I also want that pesto fettucine and for the toppings I'll prefer Bacon."

 

Yuri's order was all that was needed to be punched before their orders slips were given to the kitchen.

 

Jessica led her friends further inside the coffee shop but she stopped in her tracks when she saw her wife Yoona. She actually didn't expect her to be out at this time of the day. She's supposed to be reading and checking scripts and articles for the news later tonight.

 

Her right eye twitched when she saw Yoona and another woman shake hands. Jessica doesn't get jealous that often. Yoona pretty much avoid instances where Jessica can be jealous. The only constant jealousy Jessica experience is whenever she is reminded that Sooyoung and Yoona dated.

 

"Baby!" Jessica cooed sweetly, walking over to Yoona's table with the iest smile she can wear.

 

"J-Jessica?" Yoona sounded surprised. She didn't expect to see her wife here. Thank goodness her conversation with Suzy is over.

 

"What are you doing here?" Jessica pecked Yoona on the cheek. "If I only knew you were free I would have invited you to eat with us."

 

Yoona looked behind Jessica and spotted Yuri and Tiffany. She smiled at them before turning her attention back to Jessica.

 

"I'm sorry, honey. I was busy at the station but I just had an important lead to follow." Yoona admitted truthfully.

 

Jessica darted her eyes over to the stranger that Yoona shook hands with earlier. "A lead?"

 

Yoona nodded. Suzy can feel the animosity coming from Yoona's wife and so she got up her seat and wore her raybans.

 

"Thank you for the time, Miss Im." She said coolly, staring at Yoona behind the glasses. "I hope you keep your promise."

 

"I will."

 

With that said, the lady bowed her head to the three newly entered company of Yoona and walked out the cafe. Jessica occupied immediately the seat next to Yoona. Yuri and Tiffany sat on the empty chairs in front of the other couple.

 

"You said you met her for a lead?" Jessica inquired, the green monster quickly surfacing but Yoona was totally oblivious. Her mind was back to her conversation with Bae Suzy.

 

"Babe." Yoona held Jessica's hand. "Currently I'm after a big issue."

 

Jessica frowned, not liking Yoona's tone. "How big?"

 

"There are lots of prominent individuals." Yoona admitted. "Once I finish my investigation I will rat them out their cages."

 

"That sounds dangerous." Jessica was worried all of the sudden.

 

"It is." Yoona smiled. "But don't worry about me.I can handle this."

 

"Can you tell me about it? I can help you." Jessica insisted, tightening her grasp on Yoona.

 

"I can't tell you yet because honestly I still don't understand it myself." Yoona sighed, still unclear how she will reveal all these issues. "But don't worry, I'll investigate this properly and report it honestly."

 

Jessica just nodded and smiled. She pretended to be assured but the truth is she was deeply concerned. She knew of the possible danger. For a moment she was tempted to retrieve the resignation letter she has given Seohyun but she realized that no, she had enough of her lies for her dear Yoona. From now on she wanted to be an honest wife who has stopped living a double life. She just want to be Jessica, the wife of Im Yoona. The other side of this resignation would mean she has to find another job. She just couldn't tell Yoona she has quit her 'job'. She knew how proud Yoona is whenever she introduce Jessica as a lawyer.

 

As of right now she still hasn't thought of an explanation to Yoona why she quit her job. She thought of making up another story but then she remembered the main reason she quit is because she no longer want to deceive Yoona anymore.

 

"By the way, why are the three of you out?" asked Yoona, finally noticing that her wife and her colleagues went out the office way before their working hours.

 

Yuri and Tiffany exchanged looks and then they glanced over Jessica who was momentarily silent. Jessica then reached for Yoona's hand, giving it a squeeze. With a bright smile, she decided it's better to come clean. She wanted to be honest with Yoona starting from now on anyway.

 

"Ummm... Baby. I have decided to quit the firm."

 

Yoona's eyes widened, mouth agape, totally befuddled by the situation. "Y-you, you quit the firm?"

Jessica nodded, sighing a little. She expected this kind of reaction from Yoona but she has no idea what to say anymore.

 

"Why? I mean you love that job." Yoona asked, looking so concerned. "I mean the main reason I didn't ask you to quit your job when we got married was because you are passionate about it. You respect my work and I respect yours."

 

"Baby, I know that. But my decision has nothing to do with me no longer feeling passionate about it. I just have something that I am more passionate about aside from my job."

 

Yoona creased her forehead. "Really? You found a new job?"

 

"Yes." Jessica smiled. She poked Yoona's nose, earning a cute scrunch. "I want to be the best housewife ever."

 

Yoona looked at her in surprise. She seem doubtful that she had to ask. "Housewife? But you are much better as a lawyer, baby. You're great at what you do."

 

"I know that." Jessica agreed, remembering the weighing of pros and cons before she came up with the desicion to resign. "But I feel like it's finally time to start a family with you."

 

Yoona swallowed nervously, a bit confused with what she heard. Did she hear it right? Jessica is willing to start a family with her already?

 

"What?" Yoona asked dumbly making Jessica chuckle.

 

"I said I want to start a family with you already that's why I quit my job." Jessica repeated. "That's why Tiffany and Yuri are with me. I'll treat them for a snack since it has been a long time since we ate together, just the three of us."

 

"Wait Jess..." Yoona was deep in thought. "I didn't perhaps say anything that imply you to quit right? If I did then I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way."

 

"No, Yoona. You didn't say anything wrong." Jessica countered. "I did this for you, for us."

 

Yoona took a deep breath, processing the revelation as quickly as possible. "It's just so sudden. You could have talked to me about this first."

 

"Are you mad at me?" Jessica asked in a low voice. She kinda expected this kind of reaction from Yoona. She couldn't blame her though. Jessica should have consulted her first. After all, they are a married couple.

 

"No, I'm not mad." Yoona softened her voice as well as her expressions. "I just feel bad if you're doing this just for my sake. I mean- I don't want you stop doing what you love."

 

"I know." Jessica nodded with a soft smile adorning her lips. "That's why in order for me to be the best wife I need to quit my job. I don't want to stop doing what I love- to be your wife. And in the future, a mother as well."

 

Yoona looked over Tiffany and Yuri. "Did you talk to her? About not quitting?"

 

"Oh, we did." Yuri asnwered, remembering earlier the repeated questions she kept on asking Jessica whether she was sure of that decision. "But your wife is so stubborn." She lifted her fingers to quoted Jessica's earlier words. "I want to be the perfect wife for Yoona. Soon, I will be a mother and there is nothing I want more than to watch over my family."

 

Yoona looked at the Jessica who looked away bashfully. Yoona smiled, heart warming at how Jessica is ready to sacrifice her dream job for her.

 

"I don't really find your wife charismatic, Yoona, but when she said that I sort of became a fan." Yuri lifted her hands in mock surrender when Jessica glared at her. "Okay, I take that back. I'm no longer a fan."

 

Tiffany giggled. She latched her arms around Yuri's and flashed Yoona a smile. "I know it's sudden Yoona. Even Yuri and I were surprised. But you should take into consideration Jessica's feelings. I myself don't want her to leave the office but it's her decision so I can only support her."

 

"Thank you, Tiff." said Jessica, oozing with sincerity.

 

"I'm happy for you, Jess." Yuri added and this time instead of a glare she received a heart warming smile from Jessica.

 

"But the resignation is not effective immediately. We have a contract to deal with in Thailand in two days. After that, maybe by the end of the week, Seohyun will grant my resignation." Jessica explained

 

Yoona looked at her watch. She had about two hours to spare before the nightly briefing. It is a meeting wherein Yoona assign topics to the different reporters. Most of the time these topics are their main scoops for the week especially if it is a breaking news.

"Do you want me to stay for a while?" asked Yoona. "The nightly briefing is about two hours away from now."

 

"No, it's okay, baby." Jessica answered. "I really want to spend some time with Tiffany and Yuri before I leave the firm." She then looked at her watch. "How about you pick me up later? After your briefing? Then we'll have a nice dinner."

 

"Okay. I'll see you later." Yoona conceded. She leaned forward and kissed Jessica tenderly on the lips. "Thank you, Jess. I know it was hard quitting your job. But if it's really the thing you want to do then I'll support your decision."

 

Jessica smiled, relieved at Yoona's words. "Thank you, baby. You don't know how much this means to me."

 

"You're welcome." Yoona stands up. "I'll see you later, baby. I love you." She left a kiss on Jessica's forehead and waved goodbye to Yuri and Tiffany.

 

Once Yoona was gone, Jessica slumped in her seat. "Did you see that? Yoona's that good to me."

 

Tiffany nodded but she had something else that sparked her interest. "Jess... What about that lead Yoona has? She said it's a big one."

 

Jessica sighed heavily. "I don't have any idea. Yoona tell me reports that are sort of gonna be featured in the news. But whenever she has her own scoop, she doesn't share it until it's proven. She's meticulous and all. Normally I'm fine about it but when she said she got a big lead I have a bad feeling about this."

 

"Maybe it's something political. You know that kind of issue can be really huge." Tiffany quipped innocently. "Or something about a huge financial scandal maybe like fraud or something."

 

"Yeah. Tiffany's right. I mean I don't think Yoona will handle a dangerous case like maybe a huge underground organization you know? She's smart enough to turn it over the cops." Yuri added. "Don't worry, Jessica. I'm sure it's nothing major."

 

Jessica nodded but she couldn't help but worry for her wife. Yoona is no cop so for her to investigate a huge case made Jessica very wary. Most of the time when Jessica's gut has a bad feeling about something, she turns out to be right. And right now, she had a bad feeling about Yoona's current scoop.

 

 

****

 

 

"Hey."

 

Jessica walked over to Yoona who was sitting on her study table, focused on her laptop.

 

"You look busy."

 

Yoona slowly pushed her laptop close. "Yeah, kinda. I'm done with my investigation. I'm just transferring all the files in my laptop." She reached for Jessica's hand and pulled her gently to sit on her lap. "Maybe by the time you return from Thailand, I'll be able to construct my report. I still haven't written my script."

 

Jessica leaned her back against Yoona. She will missed this warmth for a few days. For now she just need to go and finish her last case as a secret agent then enjoy the rest of her life living happily beside her wife Yoona.

 

"Yoona... That report isn't that dangerous right?" She asked, voicing the concern she had for days.

 

Yoona paused. She didn't want to make Jessica worry but at the same time she didn't want to lie. "It maybe dangerous but the moment I get this out, the people will be informed. They will know who the bad weeds are. I think these people will be arrested first before they can lay their hands on me."

 

Jessica closed her eyes. It was just like as she feared. She then came up with an idea to ask another favor from Juhyun. The moment Yoona comes out with her report, the CIA-Asian Division need to quickly arrest all the people involved.

 

"Are you all packed?" Yoona asked, changing the topic immediately.

 

"Yes, I am." Jessica answered. "It's going to be a bittersweet trip."

 

Yoona sighed. She leaned forward a little so that she can look Jessica in the eye. "Baby, there's still time. You can take back your resignation if you want-"

 

Jessica turned around, to meet Yoona's gaze. "I am sure with my decision, Yoona. I want this. I want you. I want a family."

 

Yoona smiled gently, eyes twinkling in what Jessica will guess as happiness. "Baby, you know I'll always support your decision. If ever you want to go back to work, I'm fine with it. But for now, if this is really what you want, then I'll support you all the way."

 

Jessica giggled and in her happiness circled her arms around Yoona, giving her a tender kiss. Yoona held her torso, reciprocating the kiss with equal intensity and ferocity.

 

"I swear to God, I'm really right now." Jessica said in a whisper.

 

Yoona guffawed at her cute wife. "Well I'd gladly take you to bed and make love with you but your plane is leaving in two hours."

 

Jessica made a disgruntled expression. "I really want to stay with you now though."

 

A series of knocks at their front door eliminated all of Jessica's hopes to have a quickie. Yoona could only smirk teasingly at her.

 

"I guess Yuri and Tiffany are here."

 

Yoona had to pull along the sulking Jessica to the front door. She took it as her responsibility to bring Jessica's carry-on. She opened the front door where Yuri and Tiffany stood waiting.

 

"Hey guys." greeted Yoona.

 

"Hi Yoona!" greeted Tiffany. "We are here to get your wife. We'll be borrowing her for the last time."

 

Yoona grinned, handing the carry-on to Yuri who asked for it. "Take care of her for me, Tiffany. You know how poor her sense of direction is. And make sure she eats on time. She skips her meal whenever she likes and that's not good."

 

"Don't worry, Yoona. Tiffany and I will keep an eye on your wife." Yuri reassured.

 

Yoona faced Jessica who was not looking at her. "Hey."

 

Jessica crossed her arms, huffing a little. "Hmpf."

 

"Okay, I know you're sulking so I'm just gonna say have a nice trip." Yoona slowly pulled Jessica for an embrace and when the girl didn't even push her away, she knew she just cracked that cold front. "I love you." She whispered.

 

Jessica stopped the phony annoyance and hugged Yoona back. "I love you, too. I'll see you in two days."

 

"Okay." Yoona pulled away with a big smile. "I'll miss you."

 

"Me too."

 

Yoona grabbed Jessica's face with both hands. Pulling her face slowly, she planted a soft, gentle kiss on her lips.

 

"I'll be waiting."

 

Yoona watched as Jessica boarded the company car. She waved goodbye until the car was out of sight. She really was going to miss her wife.

 

She returned to her office to check her laptop. The files were finished transferring. She took her laptop and put it inside her Rilakkuma backpack. It was a gift Jessica gave her when she found out Yoona liked it. She then returned back to her office to take out the files she received from Bae Suzy- the documents, the financial statements, the DVDs and the flash drive.

 

Knock. Knock.

 

Yoona put the files in the kitchen counter. It might be Jessica. She might have forgotten something. Looking around the place, she spotted Jessica's rayban sitting at the couch.

 

"She always forget her rayban." Yoona chuckled, grabbing the item and heading for the door.

 

She twists the door open, ready to greet her wife. "Hey baby did you forget your-"

 

Yoona stopped when instead of her lovely wife, she spotted five men wearing black outfits from head to toe.

 

"Ummm, may I help you?"

 

"Are you Im Yoona?" asked the bulkiest guy who was wearing a pair of black tinted visors.

 

"Yes, I am. What do you need from me?" Yoona asked suspiciously.

 

Instead of an answer, Yoona's mouth was quickly covered by a cloth. She tried resisting but the guy holding her prevented her from using her arms. She put her legs up, kicked the wall with two feet until the guy lost his balance and fell on the floor. Yoona made sure to bury her elbows on his stomach when they fell, to temporarily render him in pain. She quickly got up though she felt a little dizzy. The cloth probably had chloroform on it.

 

"What the - get her!" The bulky guy barked.

 

Yoona, aside from great computer skills, has also learned some taekwondo. She was a first dan and a blackbelter when she stopped taking lessons. But that doesn't mean she has forgotten all those training she had.

 

Another man ran to her but Yoona avoided his hand that tried to catch her by ducking down. She quickly elbowed his back. When he swung his fist, she barely avoided it by leaning right. She grabbed his extended arm, kneed his stomach.  Back facing him, she elbowed his chest and her fist quickly knocked his face. Then she threw him overhead, a judo move she learned from a friend.

 

Seeing a man standing near the wall, Yoona ran against the wall, ricocheted against it and throwing him a kick on the neck. He staggered a few steps but when Yoona delivered a second kick, this time on his groin, he kneeled down on the floor, clutching his prized possession.

 

Spotting another man going for the documents, Yoona ran after him. Just when he was about to grab the items, Yoona swooped his arms upwards, blocking his attempt. He grunted at her, swinging two punches but Yoona dodged it that he only hit her long hair. Yoona kicked him, planting her foot across his chest. When he staggered backwards, she threw a roundhouse kick to his head that he crashed against the living room table. The glass broke when his body landed on top of it.

 

"I've had enough of you, missy." said the bulky man. "You need to sleep."

 

He marched over to Yoona. He jutted his arm forward, as if a knife ready to slice but Yoona blocked it with two arms. She ended up flying a few meters away at the force he displayed. His muscles weren't just for display. He was strong. She landed at the kitchen.

 

She looked around for any object she can use to put the man into sleep. She saw the frying pan handle protruding from the drawer. Grabbing it, she ran over to him, dodged his fist and hitting his shoulder with the pan. He shaked it off initially, throwing a second punch but Yoona kicked back to avoid the swing. She hit his knee with the pan this time causing him to fall on one knee.

 

Yoona ran, stepping unto his bent knee, and delivering another hit of the pan on his head. When he didn't fall down, Yoona grabbed his arm, twisted it around his neck so that his bulky biceps is blocking his airpath. She planned to make him pass out due to lack of oxygen.

 

She pulled him down on the floor, locking his arm tightly. Even her legs are locked around him to make sure he would find it difficult to breath.

 

He tapped her arm repeatedly, silently begging to give him some air but Yoona didn't back down. Instead she tightened her grip, making sure he will pass out. The moment he does, she will grab her things, the files, and drive to the police station.

 

Unfortunately, the man who held her earlier had gotten over the momentary pain in the gut. He once again held the soaked in chloroform cloth, walking slowly to the unsuspecting Yoona. In one swoop, he has managed to put an arm around her neck, planting the cloth against .

 

Yoona released the bulky man from her lock, desperately trying to get off the sleeping drug. Unfortunately, it took only a few more inhalation before the initial dizziness got worse. Yoona, still fighting even though her consciousness is fading, threw a random swing that hit the face of the man drugging her.

 

"! This woman was difficult!" The man with a bloody nose said. He didn't remove the cloth until he was sure Yoona was knocked out.

 

"Five guys weren't enough to get her." The bulky man struggled to get up, face red due to lack of oxygen, as he desperately tried to catch his breathing. "Wake them up. We need to get the files."

 

The man with the bloody nose went to get his colleagues who were lying down the floor, struggling with the injuries Yoona has inflicted them.

 

They collected the items Yoona has placed earlier at the counter- the documents, the financial statements, the DVDs, and the flash drive. Then they tied Yoona up, both ankles and wrists, to make sure she wouldn't unleash fury if ever the drug wear off.

 

"Boss said to get her computer or any possible storage device."

 

They checked her office but there was no personal computer there nor a laptop. They just collected one Galaxy tablet and one iPad, thinking Yoona might have saves some files there.

 

"Let's move out!" The bulky man barked. He carried Yoona on his shoulders, dumping her at the trunk of the black Sedan they brought. Once all of them are aboard the car, he ordered the driver to drive. "Let's go!"

 

 

****

 

 

"Why are we making a U-turn for goodness sake?"

 

Yuri asked in disbelief when Jessica asked the driver to turn the car around. She has forgotten her raybans at home.

 

"I forgot something, okay?" Jessica explained.

 

"Did you really forget something or are you just making that up to see Yoona again and get another kiss?" Tiffany asked with a teasing grin.

 

Jessica scoffed. "Although that scenario isn't that bad, unfortunately I'm not making this up. You know how uneasy I get whenever I've forgotten something."

 

As the car took a turn to the street where Jessica's house is, a black Sedan sped past them, not slowing down even though it was a turn, making the driver of the agent's vehicle hit the brakes.

 

"Oh god! What's wrong with drivers these days?!" Jessica exclaimed. She tapped their driver to continue for they are already behind schedule.

 

"Are the drivers here in your neighborhood this reckless?" Yuri asked in curiousity.

 

"No. The commitee has declared the community only get to have a speed of forty kilometers per hour. The driver must be a visitor." Jessica deduced.

 

The car travelled a few more meters until they reached Jessica's house.

 

"Wait here. I'll just get my raybans."

 

"I'm coming with you." Yuri declared. "You need to have someone who will get you when you get distracted by Yoona."

 

Jessica rolled her eyes but didn't protest. It is quite true. If Yoona kisses her goodbye again, Jessica may not separate from her anymore. She will probably miss her flight. Yuri is here to prevent that from happening.

 

"But maybe Yoona isn't here anymore. She said she'll go to the station-"

 

Jessica stopped in her tracks when she spotted the door to her house open. Entering the house, she gasps in disbelief seeing the house in a mess. The living room table is smashed with the glass fragments all over the floor, the photos on the wall were distortedly hanged and some of them even fell to the floor, there was a frying pan on the floor, the handle dirty and the surface dented, there were also a few blood splatters on the wall.

 

"Oh my god." Jessica whispered. She walked to the kitchen. "Yoona?"

 

When she didn't see her wife she went to her office but no one was in there. She noticed Yoona's gadgets were missing. The drawers were open and the contents scrambled. Someone was definitely in here, scrambling through their belongings.

 

"Yoona!" Jessica ran to their bedroom, even checking the bathroom. "Yoona!"

 

She exited the bedroom, about to head to the guest room and the other bathroom but Yuri just went out the latter.

 

"I checked the two rooms. No Yoona." Yuri said, looking so forlorn.

 

"Damn it!" Jessica ran to the living room, craning her head left and right. "Look at this, Yuri. There was obviously a sign of struggle."

 

"It seems like Yoona put up a fight."

 

"Yes, she did. I know. She knew some martial arts. She enrolled, you know, when we were still dating. I think she was getting a plus point during that time." Jessica reminisced. "But they obviously caught her."

 

"They?" Yuri asked. "You mean the people behind the scoop she was investigating?"

 

"Yes. That's exactly what I think." Jessica breathed heavily. She was dead worried for her wife. "Oh my god... Where can she be right now?"

 

The both of them jerked in their spots when the door creaked open. They turned to the door and spotted Tiffany wearing a confused expression.

 

"I was wondering what took you guys so long then I heard screams." Tiffany looked around the place. "And I sort of think I know why."

 

"Yoona's missing." Jessica declared. She combed through her hair, her beautiful face sweating like there is no tomorrow. "They got her."

 

"They?"

 

In her fury, Jessica punched the wall, not caring of the immediate pain that flooded her hand.

 

"I knew it! I had a bad feeling about this! My gut told me something bad was about to happen and now look! They got Yoona!"

 

"So what do you plan to do now?" asked Yuri.

 

"We put this mission on hold." Jessica declared. "Or I can drop off the case. You two go to Thailand and I will find Yoona."

 

Tiffany and Yuri exchanged looks.

 

"No. We will drop off the case." Yuri said in a dignified tone. "We are a team. You need us, Jess."

 

Tiffany nodded. She pulled out her cellphone, dialling Seohyun's number. "I'll talk to Juhyun about this. Then I talk to Taemin and Siwon. They can take over this mission for us."

 

While Tiffany was making a call, Jessica and Yuri went around the house looking for any clues or evidence left by whoever took Yoona.

 

"Jess! Look at this!"

 

Running to the kitchen, Jessica spotted Yuri pointing at the dining table.

 

"I know you went here earlier but you probably missed this." Yuri explained.

 

Jessica looked down on the spot Yuri was pointing.

 

Has your lies caught on you, Agent Jung? We have your wife and it's pay back time. Find and save her- if you can. Bring her data too.

 

Jessica's legs gave away that she slumped down the floor. She felt the world swallow her whole. It was just like as she feared- getting her identity compromised and Yoona paying the price.

 

"I've talked to Juhyun and she understood our situation. Minho, Taemin and Siwon are flying in." Tiffany got to the kitchen at the sight of Jessica on the floor. She quickly ran over her bestfriend's side. "Jessica! Are you alright?"

 

Jessica was in a daze as she shook her head. Tears welled in her eyes as looked at Tiffany. "Whoever has Yoona, Tiff, they are an organization. I... I... Want to see my Yoona!"

 

And as Jessica said that, tears fell down her eyes. Yuri bent down, trying to comfort Jessica as well but the sobbing won't stop.

 

"I think it will be wiser if we collect all the data right now, Jessica." Yuri suggested. "Then we can piece everything together and find out who these people are."

 

Tiffany nodded. "Yuri is right. We got to do what we do best- solve crimes."

 

It felt weird for the two of them to actually say that. All this time they were solving crimes that involved people who weren't even connected to them but now that a victim is actually a friend, they are quite lost with what to do as well.

 

Jessica on the other hand has totally forgotten she was an agent in the first place. Investigating or solving this crime weren't the first thing that popped in her head. All she could thing about was Yoona.

 

Yoona was her weakness. Yoona is her everything and without her, she couldn't function properly.

 

Jessica wiped the tears and forced her weak legs to stand up. "You're right." She said. She walked around the place.

 

She went back to the office, the last place she saw Yoona doing her work. Tiffany and Yuri were right behind her. Standing by Yoona's desk, Jessica remembered something.

 

"I remember Yoona working on her laptop." She told Yuri and Tiffany. They looked at her intently, listening attentively. "I remember her closing it, away from me, when I entered the room earlier today."

 

"So... Was she working on the documents on the laptop?" Tiffany inquired. It was good to make some progress.

 

Jessica stood still, mentally searching for the memories of her encountering with her wife earlier. She shook off the images of them making out. She has to remember their conversation.

 

"She was transferring the files!" She recalled. She looked around the drawers, fumbling through the already messy contents. She was searching for her wife's laptop. "She was transferring the files, that's what she told me."

 

"But didn't they take Yoona's gadgets? Her tablets are missing." Yuri mused but joined Jessica in searching for the said object.

 

"I'll check inside the rooms. Maybe Yoona placed it somewhere." Just when Tiffany was about to go, Jessica spoke.

 

"I don't think Yoona will put it inside the room, Tiff." She reasoned. "She was about to leave. Now if you're about to leave you don't go inside the room to fix your stuff. Normally you stay in the living room and pack. Yoona has a very demanding job, she's always on the go."

 

Jessica stood by the office's doorway, eyes gazing around the messy house. Tiffany, for a moment, admired the fact Jessica knew her wife like the back of her hand. It made her question whether she knew Yuri as a wife and not as an agent.

 

"I need to know what bag she'll bring to work-" Jessica was about to walk to their bedroom to check Yoona's bag collection when she spotted the Rilakkuma bag she bought for Yoona sitting on the bean bag at the corner of the office.

 

Jessica dug her memory of her earlier conversations with Yoona. She was really so distracted at the moment.

 

"Babe, I need to go to office ASAP. I can't drive you to the airport."

 

Jessica, who was busy making breakfast, could only hum in reply.

 

"It's okay, baby. The company car is picking me up with Tiffany and Yuri."

 

She was focused in frying the eggs that she didn't hear footsteps approaching.

 

"Hmmm... Breakfast smell amazing as usual." Yoona appeared behind Jessica, peeking over her shoulder and sniffing her wife's cooking. "No wonder I've been gaining some pounds."

 

Jessica chuckled. "You need those pounds, honey.  Why don't you pack your stuff? I'll call you once I'm done."

 

"Okay. I'm hungry." Yoona pouted.

 

Jessica giggled. "Don't worry. This will be fast." She scooped the eggs with spatula and place them on an oval plate.

 

Pecking Jessica's cheek, Yoona pulled away to get back to her business. As Jessica put the plate on the table, she glanced over her wife's disappearing back, spotting a little bit of Rillakkuma's fluffy ear.

 

"That's her bag!" Jessica ran like a bullet, kneeling down beside the bead bag. She put the Rilakkuma bag on her knees and zipped it open. "It's here!"

 

She pulled out her wife's laptop, passing it to Tiffany. She browsed through the bag, hoping for any documents or files Yoona hid but there was nothing except Yoona's personal belongings like wallet, phones, planner, pen and ID at the station.

 

"Yoona barely packed her things." She reasoned. "She hasn't even started packing when I left which means she put the laptop in her bag after I left. Her belongings are here. She doesn't bring lots of stuff at work. She's the boss, she has nothing to bring."

 

She handed the bag to Yuri before standing up.

 

"She had files. I also remember disks and a flash drive." Jessica continued to recall. "She always had them stacked together neatly. Folders first, then thick papers, CDs or probably DVDs and then the flash drive on top. She always stacked them that way. She doesn't put it anywhere else."

 

"Maybe she hid it?" Tiffany tried guessing.

 

Jessica was in deep thought. "Look, the message in the kitchen... I don't think they want the copies of the files itself. They want Yoona's data. All the things she collected- informations, bank accounts, probably even witnesses." She sighed heavily. "Yoona knew about them. She has managed to penetrate their organization without having the need to be in it."

 

"They are afraid." Yuri mumbled. "They are afraid that whatever data Yoona has collected...managed to uncover all their secrets."

 

Jessica bit her lower lip. "We have to bring this to the HQ. We need more help."

 

Tiffany and Yuri nodded. The both of them returned to the car with Yoona's things in hand. Jessica stayed behind for a while, looking around the house. She promised to make the people pay for hurting Yoona and for ruining their cute, little house.

 

"Don't worry, Yoongie." Jessica breathed out. "I'm coming."

 

 

****

 

 

Jessica is pretty much hot headed. She isn't exactly the person with the longest patience. Yet at the moment there is nothing she can do but wait.

 

"I assigned agents to stake your house, Jessica unnie. I also brought intelligence unit to collect evidences. I heard there were blood splatters on the walls." Seohyun entered the IT room, phone on hand. "Do you have any sample we can compare Yoona unnie's DNA with?"

 

Jessica averted her gaze from the screen. The IT expert was in the middle of checking whether Yoona's laptop contained bugs or viruses that could compromise their location like an IP tracker or GPS. Yoona may have set that up in case of thief or the people who took Yoona may have put it on purpose to trace the CIAA.

 

"Ummm..." Jessica pondered for a minute. She was thinking of something. "Well... Her toothbrush is in our bathroom. Take the two of them and then cross reference the other to me. Take my fingerprints too because I was all over the house.  We need to eliminate mine and Yoona's prints to get the prints of those who took her. You can search TBS' database. I'm pretty sure they got Yoona's prints."

 

"We'll do that." Dialling her phone again, Seohyun went out the room to place another call.

 

When Seohyun got out, Tiffany entered the room this time. She has a folder in her hand that made Jessica somewhat relieved. Finally, after an entire day, she will get the first news regarding her wife.

 

"I got the pictures from the CCTVs around your neighborhood and you are not gonna like this." said Tiffany, throwing the folder on the table making the pictures slide out.

 

Jessica gulped in anxiety. She prayed even more for the safety of her wife.

 

"Five guys abducted Yoona." Tiffany explained as Jessica skimmed through the photos. "And the getaway vehicle? The sedan that almost hit us earlier today, Jessica."

 

"!" Jessica slammed her clenched fists on the table, making the IT agent and Tiffany jolt in surprise. "We had them in sight and yet they got away! If we only confronted them, if I just got out of the car and gave them a piece of me we could have busted them!"

 

"But we didn't, Jessica." Tiffany responded calmly. There needed to be someone who is clearheaded in this mission. Jessica is already impatient and it is something Tiffany understand. She would throw fits as well if she was in Jessica's shoes, if it was Yuri in Yoona's position. "And we didn't even had the idea of what was happening."

 

Jessica combed her fingers through her hair. She pulled a fist of hair, gritting her teeth in anger.

 

"To continue," Tiffany cleared and continued. "I have managed to catch three faces. I sent the photos for facial recognition so we'll have a result in a few hours. Yuri is spearheading the investigation team in your house collecting evidences. She sent some evidences they collected. The DNA team is already unto it."

 

Jessica sank into a chair, sighing heavily. She couldn't stop the anxiety from eating her from the inside. She couldn't stop thinking about her wife. She couldn't help but think the entire abduction is her fault. What if the organization that captured Yoona is merely using Yoona's research as front of what they really want? If they know Jessica's real identity maybe they captured Yoona as a way to exact revenge.

 

What if this wasn't about Yoona but about Jessica? It made Jessica hate herself thinking that way because if that is the case then she was the one who caused Yoona this ill-fated scenario. She brought this unto her wife and it gave her an extreme amount of guilt. That's why deep down, Jessica is praying she finds Yoona, all safe, and then tell her the truth regarding her identity. She should have told Yoona sooner anyway. Or better... She shouldn't have lied from the very beginning.

 

"The laptop is safe." The IT agent Kyungsoo, the same Kyungsoo who assisted them during that stakeout mission where Jessica ordered him to ram Yoona's car, said.

 

Jessica pulled herself up from the chair and with Tiffany stood behind him. There was a huge screen that projected whatever Kyungsoo was doing on Yoona's laptop so it would be easier to see.

 

"Okay, Kyungsoo." Jessica patted his head. She scanned across the desktop. "There! Open that folder." She pointed.

 

Kyungsoo followed her finger and clicked the folder entitled Bomb.

 

"Open that file." Jessica said.

 

Kyungso clicked a PDF file named Financial Statements. He scrolled down the file and the more he did, the more Jessica and Tiffany are left stupified.

 

"Did I just see Ahn Gong Jin, the Chief of Seoul police department?" Tiffany gasped.

 

"Yes, you did. And I just saw Yeon Ho Joon's name, the famous millionaire and philanthropist who has been a steady sponsor for SPD." Jessica added.

 

There were a lot more names that they are familiar with throughout the list but it wasn't a list that contain good deeds. It was a list of transactions, bribes, they have received from an unknown source.

 

When Jessica told Kyungsoo to click the folder named Photos, a pop-up appeared all of the sudden. There was a password set before one can view it.

 

"Try our anniversary." Jessica suggested. "July twenty-two, 072211."

 

Kyungsoo entered the numbers but it wasn't the correct one. Jessica even suggested Yoona's birthday or hers but it wasn't the code. After the third try, the pop-up disappeared and was replaced by a countdown.

 

"! Yoona-ssi installed an auto-release virus!"

 

Jessica looked at Kyungsoo with a lost expression. "What auto-release?"

 

"We have one last chance to get the password right if not, the contents will be released online!"

 

Jessica gasped. That wasn't a good thing. "Kyungsoo I need you to do everything to hack this thing. I want you full control of Yoona's laptop, you hear me?"

 

"But Agent Jung... This is Im Yoona! The best hacker I have ever heard of. She's the girl who has managed to hack the prototype defense system the Blue House invented!"

 

"I know she's a great hacker but I want you to stop thinking how good she is. You're one of the best Kyungsoo, that's why this organization hired you. You're the most qualified for this job so prove me right." Jessica looked worriedly at the screen. "Besides if the photos or files get released online, it is a signal to whoever captured Yoona."

 

Kyungsoo's eyes shook, not because he was overwhelmed by the pressure. He was more overwhelmed with how Jessica trusted him. Also he felt nervous knowing Yoona's life was in his hands. Jessica is right, if the files get leaked, it's a signal to whoever captured Yoona to kill her. The files they want to retrieve would be open to the public and for sure they wouldn't hesitate to take away Yoona's life if that happens.

 

"To find my wife, I need your help Kyungsoo." Jessica repeated, this time in a somber tone. "Please."

 

Kyungsoo intertwined his fingers, stretching forward. Once he was ready, his fingers danced around the keyboard. Jessica and Tiffany didn't bother watching his actions. Their eyes were fixed on the screen. Kyungsoo was intently focused in decoding Yoona's very own puzzle.

 

Jessica was right.

 

He was hired by CIAA because he was good with what he does. He was a very talented computer geek. It was his life ever since he was little. His skills and intelligence weren't the only reason he was hired. He is a very genuine person that he would seem so naive, so innocent. He doesn't bear grudges and has a strong sense of loyalty.

 

Kyungsoo started to sweat but he paid no mind to the beads forming on his temple and forehead. He needs to get into Yoona's computer. Yoona must have anticipated this situation. She must have known her life would be in danger but even though that's the case, there is no way in hell she'll let the people after her retrieve the files. That's why she set-up an auto-release virus. She want the world to at least know what these people are hiding, that even if something bad happens to her, she'll still be dragging their down even though she's no longer breathing.

 

The realization hit Kyungsoo hard. The files must have been too important for Yoona to even risk her life. She has her contingency plan, planting the virus in case any stupid individual carelessly tampers with it.

 

But Kyungsoo isn't careless nor is he stupid. He perfectly knew the consequences if he ever make a mistake and for that not to happen, he will make sure that he will regain full control of Yoona's laptop.

 

"You got twenty seconds, Kyungsoo." said Tiffany, looking on anxiously beside Jessica who would seem will have a meltdown in any second.

 

Kyungsoo kept his fingers on the keyboard, not stopping pressing different keys. He swallowed nervously, a bead of sweat trailing down his temple. Jessica and Tiffany thought he was having a hard time but after a few seconds a grin has appeared his face.

 

Jessica stared at the screen as Kyungsoo typed the password. This will be his last chance and she prayed he get it right.

 

Jessica Park.

 

Jessica furrowed her brows. Kyungsoo just typed her name. She heard a click and figured out Kyungsoo entered her name as a password.

 

"You would think a bright computer genius like your wife, agent Jung, would have the most complicated password ever." Kyungsoo said, a wide grin on his face. "I actually didn't expect she'll be this easy."

 

Jessica sighed heavily. Her legs finally gave away but Tiffany was there to catch her. Tiffany let her seat on a swivel chair. Relief flooded Jessica like a freaking tsunami. For now it was nice to know Yoona is safe because the files weren't released.

 

"Are you okay, Jessica?" asked Tiffany, checking on her friend with worry written all over her face.

 

"Yeah." Jessica nodded weakly. "I'm fine. For now."

 

Tiffany looked on with sympathy. She glanced back at Kyungsoo. "We'll be downstair. Jessica needs something to eat. Examine every photo Kyungsoo, confirm its authenticity. Forward the other documents to Taemin. He'll take care of them."


When Kyungsoo nodded and got back to his job, Tiffany turned to Jessica. Pulling her up, she assisted her friend out of the room.

 

"Where are you taking me Tiff?" Jessica protested albeit weakly. She wanted to turn around and go back to whatever Kyungsoo is working on but her legs won't coordinate with her mind. She was drained and it was only a few hours that her wife has gone missing. What will be her condition tomorrow or the day after that? CIAA will probably clean up her body next. She'll probably die worrying for her wife.

 

"To the cafeteria. I swear you need something to eat. You look like you'll pass out any second." Tiffany pressed the elevator button down. She kept her hold on Jessica's arm, knowing her friend will faint any second.

 

"I need to find Yoona." Jessica tried to yank her arm off but the stress and lack of energy didn't even make Tiffany's hold loosen. Jessica could have easily yank her arm away if she was in the proper condition.

 

"How will you find her if you are barely staying awake?" Tiffany retorted. "You are about to pass out, Jessica! Will you find Yoona if you faint? You have to take care of yourself if you want to find her."

 

"Every second counts, Tiffany! I can't eat when my wife's in the hands of people who can probably kill her any second. In case you missed it my wife's in danger!" Jessica exploded but Tiffany remained calm. She needed to be calm and understand Jessica.

 

"I know she's in danger but if she was here what do you think will she say? Do you think she will like the idea of you skipping meals, of being irrational?" Tiffany tried to make a point, using Yoona's perspective knowing Jessica couldn't refuse.

 

Jessica fell silent. Her wife may not be here but the thought of making Yoona worry if she was here made Jessica unable to protest from Tiffany's insistence. She allowed to be pulled by her friend inside the elevator.

 

Once the elevator reached the third floor, Tiffany made Jessica sit on a four-seater table while she went to get their food. Jessica waited impatiently, eager to return upstairs and help Kyungsoo find her wife. When she heard the chair next to her get occupied, Jessica turned to face what she expected was Tiffany.

 

It turns out to be Seohyun.

 

"How are you doing, unnie?" Seohyun asked carefully. She witnessed Jessica's outburst earlier by the elevator when she got out the DNA lab.

 

Jessica sighed, pressure and stress pent inside her found a bit of release. "I'm surprised I'm still awake. I will probably pass out soon though, or worst die from worry."

 

"We'll find Yoona, unnie." Seohyun reassured. "What you got to do is stay healthy and be rational in order to find her. She wouldn't want to see you lose a lot of weight worrying sick about her."

 

Jessica nodded. Coming from Tiffany and Seohyun, it was really is unhelpful if she worry endlessly for her wife. She had to find her and for that to happen she needed to be calm and healthy. If she then tracks her wife, then hell is gonna break lose. Jessica will make sure to kill them with her own hands.

 

In a few minutes, Tiffany has returned and with Yuri helping her carry the other food tray. Tiffany put the tray she carried in front of Jessica while Yuri put the tray in front of Tiffany's. Now that the four of them are seated, Jessica held the chopsticks and started to dig in.

 

"Did you collect all blood samples?" asked Seohyun, looking at Yuri.

 

"Yes, we did." Yuri answered then she turned to Jessica. "We couldn't find the toothbrushes though. You said it's in the bathroom."

 

"It was-" Jessica paused, remembering something. She closed her eyes when she realized something. "Oh god. Yoona and I change our brushes every three months. I guess after we brushed today she threw it out the trash."

 

Yuri nodded, fishing her phone out of her pocket. "Oh, I see. Then I'll ask them to collect the trash-"

 

"Today is Wednesday." said Jessica. "The trash collectors come every Wednesday of the week."

 

The table heaved a collective sigh. It will be hard to trace the toothbrushes and if they ever find it, the brushes might have gotten contaminated by other garbages and chemicals. Recovering DNA sample would be highly impossible. A hairbrush isn't even a good place to get hair samples because there are no follicles.

 

Yuri paused, looking at the new message just sent to her. After reading, she grinned widely.

 

"I have good news." Yuri said, earning the attention of the three ladies. "The lab found a DNA sample. It has Jessica's DNA and an unidentified DNA on it."

 

Jessica gasped. "That's probably Yoona! Where did they find it?"

 

"On your bedsheet." Yuri answered with a sickening grin.

 

Jessica flushed red, flustered at the sudden turn of events. She felt small talking to her friends about her life but still, she was lucky she forgot to wash the sheets.

 

"And is the sample fresh?" Tiffany asked teasingly to her wife but her eyes stayed glued on Jessica's.

 

"Apparently, yes." Yuri responded with a wider grin and Jessica desperately wanted to punch it off her face.

 

"Get that smile off your face, Kwon, or I'll remove it myself." Jessica threatened, eating a bit of meat.

 

The table erupted in a chuckle much to Jessica's confusion.

 

"That is the Jessica we know." said Tiffany, eyes sparkling in glee. It was nice to have the same old Jessica back.

 

Jessica finally smiled a little. Thanks to her friends, she was back to her rational self.

 

"Thanks guys." She said. "And to answer your curiousity, yes, Yoona and I had last night."

 

Tiffany and Yuri snickered while Seohyun looked flustered. Well she's the only on the table.

 

"Yoona said she'll miss me after my supposed flight today. So I gave her a treat last night." Jessica said nonchalantly.

 

"Okay." Seohyun broke the awkward atmosphere, at least for her. "Let's get back to work talk." She cleared and looked through her tablet. "The Mass Spectrometry result came out. There was a hint of chloroform in the house. The blood result came out and all the blood spatters in the house belong to somebody else. They're not Yoona unnie's."

 

Jessica sighed in relief. It's a nice step to know Yoona wasn't injured or anything when she was abducted.

 

"Any idea what happened?" asked Tiffany.

 

"I do." said Jessica. "I think Yoona put up a fight. The people who tried to get her would have gone to her straight after she opened to door. My guess is Yoona fought back when someone tried to knock her asleep with chloroform. She fought back. She's good in self-defense that even I have to be careful of her skills. But at one point they just got her."

 

They nodded, following Jessica's deduction.

 

"What about the frying pan? Was there any blood on it?" asked Jessica.

 

Seohyun scrolled down the tablet. "The DNA in the bedsheet, was used for comparison. The epithelials on the frying pan's handle matched with the DNA found on the bedsheet. Also the fingerprints on the handle matched with Yoona unnie."

 

Jessica nodded. "I knew it. Yoona put up a fight."

 

"Where do we go from here now? I mean we know what happened inside the house but how do we find Yoona?" Tiffany asked the golden question.

 

The table went quiet for a moment. The noise that interrupted them was the sound of Jessica's chopsticks which she put down.

 

Jessica crossed her arms at chest. "We follow the evidence."

 

Leaving the table, the four of them decided to go up the DNA, Tech and Computer lab respectively. No more kidding around and hysterical screaming. It's time to get serious.

 

Jessica swore she would find Yoona and kill all those who abducted her.

 

 

****

 

 

Yoona groaned when she felt pain on the side of her stomach. Slowly opening her eyes, she let them adjust and found herself in a dimly lit warehouse. The materials inside the looked old and rusty and so Yoona deduced she might be inside an old, worn out and abandoned warehouse.

 

She heard footsteps. Judging by the sound it belongs to more than one. Five guys emerged from somewhere. Yoona remember those face vividly. They are the men she kicked in her home.

 

"W-what do you want?" She croaked out. She didn't realize was dry. She might have been asleep from some time.

 

"Now that's the question, isn't it?" sneared the same bulky dude that Yoona repeatedly hit with a frying pan. She noticed most of them were wearing bandages and band-aids. They tended to their injuries she caused when she was asleep.

 

Thank goodness they tied Yoona up tightly and with a thick rope. If not, she would have added more to their already present injuries.

 

"Where are the documents?" He barked , eyebrows meeting and forehead creasing. "The copies you made and your report?"

 

"Did you not get it when I kicked your ?" Yoona replied snarkily, smirking proudly. "I won't give it to you."

 

"Your life is at stake here, woman." He retorted.

 

"And on the other side of the trade are the lives of the people in Korea." Yoona rebuffed dignantly. "You think I'm not afraid to trade my life for their realization of all the lies within the current system?"

 

"So you know a lot." He mused. "I'm not going to ask again. This is your last chance. Where are the documents?"

 

"The documents..." Yoona trailed off. "Is hidden somewhere that will be released if I don't get to access it within twenty-four hours."

 

His jaw tightened as he clenched his teeth. He was mad at Yoona since she hit him repeatedly with that frying pan. He was damn aching for retribution.

 

"So you better think twice, Mister. It's either kill me now or kill me later because you'll get nothing from me." Yoona taunted with a smirk that further ticked him off.

 

"Kill her." He said to his colleague who was the only one carrying a handgun, the one with the broken nose.

 

His colleague looked uncertain. The command wasn't part of the plan.

 

"I said kill her!"

 

"Who ing said you can do that?"

 

Yoona veered her gaze to the right, a new individual emerging from the shadows. Judging from the extravagant outfit- expensive shoes, pants, shirt, leather jacket, fedora hat and a cigar latched between his lips- Yoona can tell this man is the chairman of the board. The puppeteer. The one pulling the strings.

 

The bulky man Yoona beaten cowered to the side. "B-Boss... She's useless."

 

"And you know that because?"

 

"She won't give up the files. In fact she's willing to die for it."

 

The extravagantly clothed man passed his fedora to another guy. With a snap of his fingers, another dude ran over to him with a chair on hand. He sat on the chair while inhaling his cigar.

 

"Did I say anything about killing her?" He threw his bulky henchman a glare who merely shook his head in anxiety. "The fact a girl managed to kick your is fogging your rationality. Get a grip, Tae Kyung. Go out. Right now."

 

Tae Kyung bowed politely. He beckoned his colleagues to go and follow him, leaving Yoona and the boss the only ones left in the room.

 

"You're a rather tough nut to crack, Im Yoona." There was a hint of amazement in his voice but Yoona dismissed it. "You're someone who I will love to be under my wing but as it turns out, your dignity isn't as low as my men."

 

His laugh was hollow and empty that it sort of scared Yoona. This kind of man is vile and mad. She knew better than to press the unwanted buttons that may trigger his anger.

 

"Truth and freedom cannot be bought." Yoona retorted. "At least that's how go my values. Contrary to your belief, the truths you sealed with money cannot be hidden forever. I will expose everything and you'll be more surprise that I will expose you even if I'm already dead."

 

He looked at her pointedly, lifting his chin arrogantly, as if Yoona was someone beneath him in many levels. "You're smart. We were definitely right in picking you to expose us."

 

Yoona looked at him weirdly albeit confused. "Did you mean you made a mistake in crossing lanes with me? Yes, you did."

 

There he goes again with his sick, empty laughter. Yoona looked at him grimly. She was more afraid of his insanity rather than the fact she can die any minute.

 

"I told you..." Yoona trailed her gaze to search for the new voice. This time it was a female voice, totally different from all the voices she heard all day. "Contacting her will greatly help us."

 

Yoona's eyes widened in disbelief, mouth hanging open when she discovered the face of her informant- Bae Suzy.

 

"Y-you..." She stuttered, greatly shocked to see the woman who gave her the information that these men are looking for standing in front of her without signs of surprise.

 

"I'm pretty sure she made an excellent job gathering data." Suzy continued.

 

"You are with them." Yoona said, still looking so shock and lost.

 

"I am. Well... Technically I'm only with my dad." Suzy explained. "And I think I didn't introduce myself right last time. I'm not Bae Suzy. I'm Young Suzy."

 

Yoona exhaled a lungful of air, slacking down the ground for she lost the strength to even protest.

 

"What about your brother? The one who died?"

 

"Oh... Did I say it like that? Because the truth is my brother is alive and well. By now he is probably done with his plastic surgery. If we didn't get you to distract your pretty wife, he would have been caught." Suzy explained further. "You see.. You're here not because we need the documents. You're here as a distraction."

 

Yoona frowned. She has no idea how the her wife got into this talk.

 

"Distract my wife?" At the mention of her wife and a potential possibility Jessica's been captured as well, Yoona tried desperately to get out of her bound but the rope was tied tightly. "What's she's got to do with this?! You want me right?! I'm here now! Kill me now! Finish your job!"

 

"Oohhh..." The old man hummed in disbelief. "She doesn't know." He added knowingly.

 

"I swear to God..." Yoona continued, fuming mad. "If you touch her, even just a strand of hair, I'll rise from the dead and kill all of you! Leave my wife alone!"

 

"Yes, dad. She doesn't know." Suzy confirmed. "I met Agent Jung once, she was even with her fellow agents, but Miss Im was so clueless about it."

 

"Well, that's horrible- keeping secrets from your wife." He added, watching Yoona's face contort from anger into confusion. 

 

"What are you talking about?" Yoona demanded, still trying to breakaway from the rope but she just felt the friction against the skin. It seems like her skin started to peel off as she continued breaking free.

 

"Look at you. You look like a deer lost in the headlights." He mocked, smirking pathetically at her. "You married someone who is keeping lots of secrets from you."

 

Yoona clenched her teeth. She didn't like how this guy is speaking bad about her wife. "Stop talking about my wife! You don't know her!" She yelled.

 

"And may I ask if you know her, Im Yoona?" He asked in a serious tone, gaze boring through Yoona. She somewhat got distracted, affected with his mind games but she knew better.

 

"There's nothing I don't know about her." She replied proudly, smirking a little. "And one of it is that as a lawyer she'll make sure you guys are prosecuted if something bad happens to me."

 

Suzy walked towards Yoona, eyes twinkling in mischief. "No, she won't prosecute us. Well, more like she can't." She laughed at Yoona's look of incomprehension. "She's not a lawyer so she has no right to prosecute us."

 

"She can kill us though or lock us behind bars." He remarked. He got up his chair and stood tall in front of Yoona. "But before she can do that, we'll kill her first. That's why you're here, Yoona-ssi. You're here to lure her out so that we can kill Agent Jessica Jung."

 

Yoona's eyes shook in mixture of anger and confusion, not just because he threatened to kill her wife but also the fact she couldn't comprehend their remarks.

 

What agent? Who the is Jessica Jung? The only Jessica she know is her wife and her last  name is certainly not Jung. But Yoona decided to shrug of all these questions about her wife. She was more focused in knowing why did Suzy even approach her in the first place, bringing the documents that might be the downfall of their organization.

 

"Why did you give me those documents? You're the source of your own destruction."

 

"Well that was the purpose... To bring down the current organization in order for us to build another." Suzy reasoned. "You see all those people who transacted with us have become uncontrollable. They want more drugs, they want more artillery, they want more profit but this business of ours isn't a charity. It's not about sharing."

 

"That's right." The man agreed. "So we have to eliminate all of them. You see, all those bank transactions as seen from the financial documents have one thing in common-"

 

"They all have one anonymous donor." Yoona finished. That's exactly what she noticed and included in her report.

 

He grinned, fascinated with how her report turned out. "Exactly. The bad thing about bank transactions is paper trail. You got evidence about them but you don't have evidence against us. So if your report gets leaked, it's not us who are involved. We actually are indebted to you. Your report will eliminate all the bad weeds, including the good weeds, but it's going to be good for the business."

 

"The less members, the bigger the share." Suzy equipped. "And that's what should be the case. This is what happens to people who forget their place."

 

Yoona looked down. She couldn't believe it. All this time she thought she will pull the root of the organization but it turns out to be only the tip of the iceberg.

 

"I'll get going now, dad." Suzy stood straight, eyeing her watch. "Oppa will call me soon."

 

Strutting in her Jimmy Choo's, Suzy left the room. Yoona glared up the old man but he was unfazed. He had no empathy or emotion.

 

"You get it now, Yoona-ssi?" He taunted. "You thought you'll bring us down but the thing is, you'll be bringing down the people we wanted you to. At the end of the day, you have been manipulated in doing what we want."

 

Yoona glared hard at him that it felt like her eyes are going to bleed. "Let's say, you're right. So I'm telling you now to kill me because if I make it out here alive, I swear I'll find you and you'll go down with your business."

 

He laughed maniacally, fascinated by all the threats he has received today. "I told you already, Yoona-ssi. You'll lure agent Jessica Jung here for us to kill her."

 

"Who the is Jessica Jung?" Finally Yoona remembered the questions regarding Jessica Jung that she shrugged off earlier.

 

"Jessica Jung caught many of my trusted men. Because of her I lost money and trust of my clients. Nowadays she's interested in catching my son. Actually she was on the way to Thailand to arrest him but she got distracted when you disappeared."

 

Yoona listened attentively. Although she didn't like him for abducting her and speaking ill of her wife, she couldn't help but listen to him. Maybe it was the need to satisfy her curiousity regarding Jessica Jung.

 

"My wife's going to Thailand for a seminar." Yoona said weakly.

 

"A seminar?" He scoffed. "She was on her way to board a CIA jet.”

 

Yoona balled her fists, feeling it press against the tightly tied rope. “What nonsense is-”

 

“Nonsense? You see, your wife is living the double life. And you don’t even know it.”

 

Yoona clenched her teeth and fist tightly. She didn’t want to listen to him. Her Jessica wouldn’t do that to her. She wouldn’t keep that kind of information from Yoona.

 

“I see what you’re trying to do. You’re messing with my head. But if you think you’ll ruin my marriage, then you’re wrong.” She retorted.

 

He bent on his knees so that he is eye level with Yoona who was sitting on the floor. “You’ll figure out soon enough if I am lying or not. Just wait. Agent Jung will be rescuing you soon. Too bad you won’t have any time to be mad at her because we are killing you both immediately.”

 

With a last sickening smirk, he got up his feet and slowly disappeared from Yoona’s view. Yoona’s mind began playing possible scenarios. Will Jessica really come and save her? Is Jessica really an agent? But then again that wasn’t the Jessica she married. Right?

 

“Jess… That’s not true, right?” Yoona mumbled to herself before fatigue kicked in and sent her to sleep.