005

Not A Bad Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You can’t choose who you love, Hayoung."

"Yeah, you're right."

"I know I can’t.” His voice was so soft and tender and caring that I want to stumble out of the car right that second and run away until I can’t see him, let alone hear that tone again.

Of course he’s in love with somebody already. He’s Sehun. He’s always in love.

I was not even sure how I did it, but I somehow managed to keep calm and answer him. “Of course.  And you're lucky because you're Sehun, everyone could fall in love with you even if they just spent five minutes with you. It’s bound to happen, but only for you.”

I spared a glance his way, but as soon as my eyes met his, he looked down.

“Well, it’s not working with this one. It seems.” He’s smiling as he said so, but it was a sad smile.

And I hate that smile so much. It’s the worst kind of smile on him. I immediately hated the anonymous girl who was responsible for it. “Well then, she an idiot. That girl is stupid.” I said, convinced.

Sehun’s eyes flew up to meet mine. He looked angry. “No, she’s not.”

“She has to be if she doesn’t love you back!” I reasoned.

I forgot everything about my own feelings for him and focused on his own instead. When he’s sad, nothing matters more for me than vanishing that sadness out of him.

“She’s not an idiot, she's never stupid. She’s just scared." He shrugged his shoulders. "And maybe, I’m not good enough for her.” 

The pained expression on his face told me that he truly believed in what he had said. It made my heart hurt.

“Ya, even though you’re a brat and annoying and sometimes a---“

“Hey---“

“---Nobody’s too good for you. Remember that.” My voice was slow and steady. I made sure he heard what I was trying to tell him. I scooted an inch closer to him, unconsciously.

He smiled again, and this time the smile it was not as sad. “Isn’t it funny how we’re both trying to convince each other to see what the other one is seeing?”

“Yeah, but you just don’t understand... I screwed it up.”

“Then help me to understand. Tell me.”

I sighed. “There was one person I wasn’t suppose to fall in love with and... and he’s the one I had to fall for.” I don’t know why I was telling him this. It will only end up bad, I know, but I’m rambling and I can’t seem to stop.

Before I managed to say anything more, he interrupted. “How can you know?”

“Huh?”

“Have you even tried to tell him? Even once? Hayoung, I bet he’d feel like the luckiest guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter