004

Not A Bad Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I woke up way too early the next day.

My head felt heavy, and sleep hasn’t done anything to make me feel better. For a second, I did not understand why I was feeling miserable, but just as quickly, the memories got back to me and hit me like a brick wall.

The realization kicked in so hard that I wanted to hide beneath the sheets for the rest of my life just to make sure I'd never have to face Sehun again and talk about what happened last night.

It was then that my phone vibrated with a text message. I didn’t even have to look at the display to know that it was from him.

I took my phone from the bedside table, the item feeling foreign in my hand. I mentally prepared myself for whatever kind of ‘I can’t be friends with you anymore’ Sehun has written for me, but those were not the words I see.

Sehun: I don’t know if you’re awake, but I couldn’t sleep. Up for a drive?

I jumped out of the bed and glanced out of my window. I saw his car already parked in front of my house, the engine still on. I looked at the clock on my phone: 5:30 am, it says.

I don’t even have to think about the answer.

Hayoung: Yeah, okay. I’ll be down in 5 minutes.

I’m down in three, or maybe even two. All I had to do was to brush my teeth and put on some shoes. My hair’s already been up in a messy bun and my pyjamas looked enough like a pair of sweatpants and a shirt for me to drive around in them. It’s not like it mattered to Sehun what I look like, anyway.

When I approached the car and his face appeared on my view, some of the anger from last night resurfaced. It didn’t help that he looked as if he was in physical pain.

I’m the one who should be feeling miserable. I’m the attacked one, the hurt one.

The one in love with my best friend.

I opened the passenger door and plopped into the seat, murmuring a ‘hi’ and getting just a quiet ‘hello’ back.

“So.” I started, trying to act nonchalant. “What’s the occasion?” I asked.

Sehun looked at me like I’ve just told him that he’s the worst person in the world. “It’s Sunday...” He explained.

"Oh." It was all I managed to croak out.

His voice sounded a little hurt. “Our day.”

“Right. It’s Sunday, I forgot.” I didn’t expect that answe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter