Meeting Again

If He Was Never Angry

Just like any other typical day at school Go Nam Soon laid his head on the desk willing sleep to come as to not think about his painful past like he always ends up doing. He heard teacher Jung say something about a transfer student but he couldn't care less; that's when he heard it. The voice that comforted him through all of the difficult times, that shouted at him when he was going too far. His voice... his best friend's voice.

 

"My name is Park Heung Soo, please take care of me." The tall, dark-haired boy said with a small bow.

 

At that moment Namsoon looked up at him wide-eyed and awestruck. Just then Heungsoo noticed the beautiful boy by the window staring at him. "Namsoon..." he whispered barely audible. Heungsoon's sullen look visibly brightened into a genuine and pure smile full of elation and love. "Namsoonie-Ah!!" he repeated this time a shout. 

 

He ran to the younger boy's desk, flashed him a quick smile then pulled him into a tight embrace that nearly took the wind out of Namsoon. Caught in his own world, the older didn't even notice the class's cacouphany of shocked chatter and gossip. "I missed you so much" you could hear the smile in his voice. Namsoon too shocked to say anything just jumped out of his seat nearly knocking the older to the ground.

 

 

 ~Namsoon Pov~

'What is he doing here?!' Namsoon thought to himself. His bestfriend who was everything in the world to him was now standing before him with a loving welcome. 'Isn't he angry? Am I forgiven? Why is he hugging me? Is his knee alright?' dozens of questions filled his mind. 'I ruined everything, shattered the knee of the only person in my life who ever meant anything to me, robbing him of his dream to play soccer'

 

'I need to talk to Heungsoo, alone'

 

"Teacher Jung, may I be excused?" I said grabbing the wrist of my long lost bestfriend. Without waiting for her nod of approval I dragged him along with me out the door of the classroom, not giving any of my classmates a second glance.

 


Please comment!! :) I'd love to hear any feed-back you have for me, positive or negative.