ch. 4

Star Crossed Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARY POV

My mom got up finally after I squirted water on her face with a water gun. "YOU ING- Oh, good morning Mary."

I held back a laugh but smiled anyway, "Hi, mommy. Michelle is here to pick you up - she got here about an hour ago. You really should learn to way up more easily." She just sat up and walked to the bathroom attached to her room.

I walked back to the dining room and sat down at the table with Michelle who was on her phone. "She's coming." I said.

After about fifteen minutes of sitting, my mom came out of her room with a fresh pair of clothes and wet hair. "'Kay I'm ready."

Michelle stood and said, "Took you long enough. Alright, Mary you'll be home alone. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

I shake my head. "I'll be fine. Have a good time at the movies."

My mom comes up to me and hugs me. "I love you, bye. We should be back around two or three."

"A.M.?!"

"Yeah," she began, eyebrows pushed together, "you didn't know we were going to a party afterwards?"

"You didn't tell me. How could I have known?" I deadpanned.

She thought about this for a moment, then spoke, "Hm, I guess that would be my fault then. Oh well. You should be just fine. We'll be going then."

"Alright, bye. Love you."

With that, they were off.

-------

TAEHYUNG POV

"Hyung, I'm cold."

"I know you are. We should find somewhere safe soon, okay?"

"Okay.."

Jimin and Jungkook seem closer than usual. Usually, Jungkook would be by himself. He would refuse anyone's help because 'I can do it myself!' - Jungkook is a stubborn boy. However, today, he seems to be relying on Jimin. I wonder why he's like that. Oh well, I have other problems.

I look to Namjoon who's hand is in mine. "Hyung, are you cold too?" I ask him. He shakes his head.

I ask again, "Are you sure you aren't cold? I'm wearing two jackets.." He looks at me and stares for a few seconds, then says, "You wouldn't mind?" I smile and unlock our hands to take my jacket off. I then give the jacket to him. Once he has it on, I cuddle up to him and walk beside him, my hands locked around his core. Namjoon is a love of my life - the other half of me. I'm not gay. I just love him.

I see a white 'something' in the distance. 'Damn, I wish I had my glasses with me..'

Namjoon's eyes are closed. "Hey, hyung," I begin, "What is that? I can't see very well..." He opens his eyes and looks up, a smile creeping onto his face.

"A building. There's a light on so I'm guessing it's a house."

My eyes widen and I say, "Really?! Awesome! Let's run! We can make it! It's not even that far away!" He chuckles and picks up his pace, me right on his tail. "Come on!" I call back to the others. "It's a house! Somebody must be there!"

I notice that, out of all of us, Jungkook is taking the lead. It must be that kid and his speedy superpowers. I think he's the fastest out of all of us.

Just a few minutes of running and we should be there..

------

MARY POV

'Keanu Reeves is so ing hot.' I think.

It's about 9:15 and nearly completely dark outside. I'm watching a movie called 'Speed'. It's about this guy who tried to bomb a building but LAPD effed that up. Because he's so upset, he tries to get back at the cop who ruined everything for him - that cop is Keanu Reeves.

'y motherer...'

Right now, he's on a bus with a bunch of people and a bulletproof vest on his chest. Even though he has a bulletproof vest on, he isn'tr wearing anything else on his torso. That's why I'm so excited.

Suddenly, a knock is heard from the front door. I tense up and think, 'What do I do? I'm home alone at nine p.m. and there is an unexpected knock at the door?' I'm scared now. I've never been in such a situation.

I opt for walking to the door slowly and turning on the porch light. I look through the peep hole and see an Asian-looking man outside of the door. I don't know if he's alone but the background seems to be swimming - a good sign that he isn't.

"Who are you!!?" I yell through the door.

He seems confused and says something in a foreign language. I recognize the language to be Korean. I don't exactly speak Korean but I can tell he wants me to open the door. 'I don't know if I should. But what if he needs help? Alright.. God please protect me.' I open the door just a crack and look outside.

The man standing there tries to say something in English but fails miserably. I catch a few decipherable words such as 'help', 'please', and 'safe'. It sounds much more scary with an accent.

I swallow and open the door further. "Hello." I say to the man.

"Yes, um..... Help..... Pl-" He tries to communicate with me but is cut off by a figure coming into the light of the porch.

The person is pale and handsome, jet black hair upon a round face.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter