004

UNWANTED MARRIAGE

Light strays entering his room by the glass window. He who was in deep dream was awake as the light entering his eyes too. He immediately shields his face with his hand and continue sleeping. Not after a moment, his door is knocked repeatedly. He heard that but he can't force his body to wake up from his comfortable bed. "Get the room key!" he could hear sounds from outside the room. Why is everyone bothering him at this time? He then gaze to a cocky-bird clock, Still 7 in the morning, sleeping for a few minutes more wouldn't kill anyone, he thought. Last night was the best night ever. She looks pretty in his eyes. Her hair is too gorgeous. He can't run his eyes from watching her. Watching her is the best programme ever. Smile is drewn along his lips.

"Look at this big boy! Still in his comforter, lying. Yongguk-ah, wake up, son. It's already morning," that voice belongs to his mum. He slowly lit up his eyes and looks at her without any feeling and finally closes his eyes back.

"Yaa! Wake up!" his mother started to pinch his body and faces, forcing him to wake up.

"Mum stop that!" he finally wakes up and sits on his bed with his eyebrows glued to each other which mean he is disagree plus angry with his mother's way to wake him up.

"Finally.."

"What do you want, mum?" he asked, still frowning hardly.

"Gukkie, I am really curious what had happened yesterday. Tell me, what happened? I want to wait for you to come home, but I was really sleepy at that time, so I slept first. Now, tell me. How was she?" his mother says in delight. She looks like she is so excited.

"Oh I see. This is the reason why you barged into my room this morning? Mum, mum," he let out a sigh and shook his head thinking how funny his mother could be.

"I'm sorry gukkie. Faster, tell me what happen? Of course I am excited. My son will get marry soon and yesterday he just met his future wife!" she beames out loud. Yongguk could only gigle with his mum act.

"She is fine. Two legs and two hands with 10 fingers on both left and right side. She has a head, long hair and she is shorter than me, for sure," he then laugh out loud as he thought it will be funny but his mother gave an oppose reaction.

"Okay mum, okay. That girl is just fine. She's pretty, for me. She is cute too. Something that attracts me about her is, she is a courage person. I think, dad will like her when he meet her soon,"

"So, do you like her after the date?"

"I don't know mum. This is just a beginning. We will see later. Yet, I still have to marry her," he pouts.

"Eiyy. But you looks like you did not mind to be matched with her. Do you already fall in love with her?"his mum teases.

"No, mum!" he shook his head repeatedly for 30 seconds insists that he is against his mother's opinion.

"Anyway mum, she is my junior in college," he adds.

"Really?! Why did Bom has never told me this!" his mother kept on fanning herself as she couldn't believe that his future daughter-in-law and his son are in the same college and she even started to think if they ever met before.

"Who is Bom?"

"Yaah! That's why I asked you to follow me to meet my friends. She is your future wife's mother,"

"Oh, I see. Okay mum, you better go out now because I wants to get ready to class," he puts his hands on her mother's shoulder, pushing her to his room's door.

"Wait! I know, you can go to college together with her..." Mrs. Bang kept on patting her chin while her eyes are looking up. Yongguk frowns again, disagree with his mum's silly idea

"I don't think so, mum....." he shook his head.

"But I think so. Relax here and let me arrange this! Go take your bath and then we will breakfast together!" his mother pat his cheek before she ran to the living room, probably to inform Mrs. Park her silly idea.

"Why do I have this kind of childish mum...." he weakly shut the door and lie against the wall. Chorong will hate him even more if she knew this as they've promised not to act like they know each other at college. But his mum seems....

 


 

Haneul walks passing his sister's room and there he saw Park Chorong has not wake up yet. He shook his head while smiling. Last night was surely a tiring night for her, he guessed. He has been curious to know who is the man who soon will stay in her room. She sleep like a baby same as when she was a baby, no changes, even a bit. Haneul pulled her make up's chair and sat besides her. Who knew Chorong has grown, being a beautiful princess. "I don't want to marry that man, he ." Haneul was shocked when he heard that thing came out from Chorong's mouth when she was sleeping.

"Baby. Wake up." he shakes Chorong's body. Immediately Chorong was awake. It is not hard to wake this little lady. Chorong rubs her eyes and gave Haneul weak look.

"Take your bath. It's already 7.15. I'm afraid you'll be late today," he says and ruffles Chorong's hair before he walks out the room.


"Really? OMG! That was really great!" he could hear his mum's voice from the kitchen. He got to use that already; his mum always on the phone in the kitchen.

"Okay okay I will tell Chorong soon. I bet she wouldn't mind,"

Mrs.Park walks to the dinning table with a strawberry jam and bread. She was shocked to see her eldest son already on the dinning table. For her, it is still early. Understanding his mum's look he finally explained that he had meeting at 8 this morning and he could not send Chorong to college too. Mrs.Park nods and walks back to the kitchen. Haneul turns his head around as he heard sound of chatting behind him. It's belongs to Donghae and Chorong.

"So how was he? Is he is more handsome than me or I am more handsome than that person?" Donghae asks right after they took their seat at the dinning table.

"Haneul oppa is handsome than him, of course," Chorong says.

"Why me?"

"Because you are the ugly duckling in Park's family," Donghae laugh out loud follows by Chorong's small giggle.

"Both of you... I will kill you guys," he sharp staring both of them but they keep lauging and giggling like there is no end.

"Wow, my babies look so happy this morning? Why? What's thing that make you laugh?" Mrs.Park came with a bowl of omelette. Donghae and Chorong immediately point their fingers out to Haneul. But Mrs.Park still does not understand.

"Donghae oppa said Haneul oppa is ugly duckling in our family when I said he is handsome than Yongguk," Chorong says.

"Ah, I see. Donghae. Behave. Don't say such thing anymore. Haneul is handsome, very handsome for me," Mrs.Park says while cressing her son's hair. Haneul flashes her smile.

"It's okay mum. I'm used to this joke. I'm okay. They are just joking. I was an ugly duckling before but I am now a gorgeous swan," he says while blinking his eyes continuously. Donghae gave him a yucks-stare. Chorong smiles to him.

"Anyway, Chorong, today you will go to the college with someone. Guess who?" Mrs.Park says with a wide smile. Chorong frowns as she could guess who is it will be but she really hope she is wrong.

"Mum, don't you ever say that I will go with that guy..." she says weakly.

"Well, fortunately, yes! Yes, you're going to college with your man!" Mrs.Park replies. Still flashing her wide smile to Chorong and her sons. Both Park's sons are glancing each other and they look like they can't help.

Seeing her mum's smile, she tries to smile and nods, agreeing to go to college with Yongguk. At the same time she let out a sigh silently, trying to hard it from her mum. Not to make she feel sad soon. Donghae who is sitting besides her silently squeezes her hand, giving her a sore look. He can see that Chorong is trying to not break their mum's heart. "You'll be fine, baby," he whispers. "I'm okay oppa, I'm okay," she replies.

 


 

Yongguk immediately press the break when he saw his mother suddenly appear to block his way. He was jolted in front. 'PIN!!!!!!' he presses the hon to his mother.

"Mum? What are you doing?!" he raises up his voice, he is till in a shock state.

"I'm sorry gukkie. I forgot to tell you something. You know right, where's your Uncle Park's house?" she asks. Yongguk slightly nods.

"Okay good. Take your future wife to college. Don't worry I've arranged it with her mum and I bet her mother had already told her. Just take her to the college. Goodluck Gukkie!" his mother peck a kiss before she runs back into house. Yongguk stares his mum with a weird look.

"Is she crazy? Don't she know how much Chorong hates him as a college-mate and even after knowing I am his future husband, the hate is growing bigger," Yongguk nags along his way to Chorong's house. He even curse himself for being such a bad-luck person.


DING! DONG!

Their conversation was cut off by the bell rang. All of them were staring each other, not knowing who is supposedly to open the door. Everyone knows that will be Yongguk. Finally Haneul offers himself to open the door and asked Chorong to take her stuffs as he doesn't want the person to wait for a long time.

"Hyung! I will follow you!" Donghae jumpedfrom the sofa and follows his brother from back.

"Anyeonghaeseyo." Yongguk bows to the men right after the door is opened.

"Anyeong!" Donghae replies.

"So, are you taking my sister to college?" Haneul asks. His face looks terribly serious. Donghae who saw it trying to hide his laughter from burst out loud.

"Yes hyung,"

"Okay, you can go with her. But there are rules when you are with my sister," Haneul continues. Yongguk's eyes goes bigger when he heard that. Rule? That sounds ridiculous!

"Rule number 1. Do not kiss her at anywhere whether it is her hand, cheek, chin, forehead and especially lips.

Rule number 2. Do not force her to do what she don't want to do.

Rule number 3. Avoid skinship as much as you can.

Rule number 4. Do not hurt her with your words, action and so whatever.

Rule number 5. Selfie is not allowed or hidden camera is not allowed and you. Silently take a picture of her is not allowed too. Unless, she is willing for that.

Rule number 6. Bring my sister home before the sun set. If not, you'll die in my hand!

Finally. Rule number 7. Allow she eat as many as she can.

So I guess those are the rules. I hope you have a good-term memory as you did not even jot down any of the rule. I assume you has already remember it," Haneul says. He looks like a father who is protecting his little princess too much.

"I will try my best, hyung," Yongguk replies. He can't deny. Haneul look really serious and he actually felt scared but when he glances to Donghae, he was laughing silently behind Haneul. Are they really serious?

"Oppa?" Chorong's voice grabs him to his sense. She looks different from yesterday. She ties her hair and put on a purple hair clip which actually looks good on her. Yongguk realises, he was caught staring Chorong for such a long time and immediately put his heads down.

"Study smart okay, baby? Oppa loves you. Mmuah," Haneul kisses his sister's forehead.

"Baby, don't forget to buy me Americano at your college cafe!" Donghae reminds her. They hug each other before Chorong walks out from the house.

"Bye baby!" Donghae and Haneul waves to her when she already got into Yongguk's black Lamborghini.

"He looks filial," Haneul says after the car is drove off.

"Yes he is. You look like the biggest dumb just now," Donghae replies.

"No. You're the one who is ing dumb. Why did you laugh?! I was trying to be serious, okay!" He nudge his brother's head.

 


 

"Why did you still came to fetch me? I've told you earlier, I don't want anyone knows about this. Now, they will know!" Chorong speaks, breaking up the silence between them. Yongguk had his face head on the road. He speeds up. Chorong was thrown back. He looks like he is mad at Chorong's question.

"Ya! Answer me!" Chorong snarls. She is very angry with Yongguk as she thinks Yongguk is a troublemaker for her and she hates him too. Yongguk gave signal to the left and stops his car by the road bank. He glances at Chorong. He did not smile, not a bit.

"Do you really think that I am desperately want to fetch you? NO! I did this by favor. If it's not my mother's favor, I won't do this. You too. I knew you agreed because of your mum's favor too. So, please. Don't climb up the wall. You don't know me yet," he says with a sharp glare. Chorong does not feel scare, not a bit.

"And if you don't want to continue this journey, you may go now. Get out from my car. Plus, the college is only 100 metre from here. The kids will not see us," he continues. Without words, Chorong opens the door, and jump out the car. She slams the car's door. She walks, continue her journey without even looking at back, at Yongguk. Yongguk who at first was just watching Chorong finally press the pedal and speeds up to the college.

"Am I too cruel for doing that to her?" he whispers by himself. Honestly, he feels guilty after all. He park his car at a reserved place, right in front of the college's building. Unlike other students, they have to park their car outside the college as parking provided are only for teachers, stuffs and VIPs.

As he jumps off the car, he saw Chorong has already arrived. He feels a big relief. She is just fine and nothing bad happens to her. He was about to call Chorong when suddenly he remember their promise. 'Maybe next time' he thought. He can see his friends are approaching him with wide smile. Zelo is waving to him. Daehyun and Youngjae are busy talking. Jongup is running to him while Himchan is shaking his head right to left.

"Whaddup?" Himchan greets him and pat his shoulder.

"Hyung, I am anxious. Tell me what happen yesterday," Jongup asks. He looks very excited to know it.

"Nothing happen. Let's enter the class now," he replies.

"Ya, hyung. Wait. Come on, tell us. How was she?" Daehyun persuades.

"I'll tell you guys soon, but not now. Let's go," he walks off leaving his friends. They exchange looks at each other. They can guess Yongguk is not in a good mood right now.

 


 

"What are these?" Chorong mutters as she walks into the college, a big tv, which always shows announcements, achievements is now showing her face, and Bang Yongguk. 'Will get married soon!' it is written too in the picture. She was wondering why people were staring at her when she entered the college's gate. Now she understand why.

"So, she's that girl?"

"I never know this girl exist before,"

"They'll make a good couple. They match each other well,"

"Why is this all of sudden?"

"So, the playboy will marry soon?"

"What happen to his girlfriends,"

"No, I can't believe this. My Yongguk!"

Some students are whispering which each other. They were all shocked by this sudden news about the son of the biggest sponsor for their college is getting married.


Chorong's heart sank. Her eyes are watery, waiting for the right moment to stroll down her cheeks. She doesn't like this thing; being known by people, people are talking about her. Yes, she knew she has to face this even later, but this is way too early for her. She turns around when she heard some students are screaming. Yongguk is entering, with his friends. He looks mad. His face shows it obviously. Suddenly their eyes met when Chorong is about to run away.

"Chorong, wait!" he shouts. Chorong turns her head front, walks as fast as she could. She wants to run away from Yongguk. She is not ready yet to talk with Yongguk after all happens. She enters an empty class and slams the door. She sits inside there quietly and cries. She doesn't know on what purpose is she crying. She almost chokes while crying.

"Chorong," she heads up and saw Yongguk is in front of her. The door wasn't locked. It cant be locked either. He slowly knelt down and sit besides Chorong.

"Why are you here?" she wipes her tears.

"I'm sorry..."

"What for? Everyone knows. Sorry worth nothing," she smiles weakly, she doesn't want to show Yongguk her weak side because that is not the real Chorong.

"I know... But still, I'm sorry," he gaze straight into her eyes but she runs away from the gaze immediately.

Silence falls upon them. Both of them sit while thinking what will happen in future soon. Will they still hating on each other? Or in future they will cancel this arranged marriage? Or maybe they will fall in love with each other? Those thoughts kill them. They don't even know what to do to help themselves.

"Should we just give a try?" Yongguk finally speaks up again. Chorong glances him with a weird look. She shakes her head left to right. Yongguk can see it through the end of his eyes even though she is not facing Chorong.

"I don't think this gonna work. I don't want to marry you. I dislike you," she replies.

"I dislike you too," Yongguk says.

"Let's just end this," Chorong let out a sigh.

"But how...."

"I don't know,"

"Let's give a try, Chorong. This weekend, go out with me. We have to do something together. I don't know you yet, and I am interested to know. Who are you.." he turns his head and look at Chorong. That girl seems agree.

"But.."

"We can't give up without giving a try. We don't want to disppoint our parents too,"

"I knew it..."

"First step after all, let's be friend," he says as Chorong doesn't want to be friend with him before.

"No, I don't want," she pouts.

"Aish, this kid. Come on, let's just be friend,"

"Fine," she finally agrees and shakes hand with Yongguk. Yongguk smiles widely at her. She made face when Yongguk smiles at her.


 

So, what's up next? hehe. Wait and see!

Anyway this will be my really last update and I will stay hiatus for a long time [i guess]

I'm preparing myself for a big major exam since this year is my final year.

Pray for me!

Thanks for subscribers and voters!

Please leave your comments too since the comment box seems empty...