Cloud Two

Into Your World

Angel settled down on her new bed and took out some files, spreading them across the top of the bed. She was too engrossed in whatever she was reading, she didn’t hear Joonmyeon knocking on the door. 
 
“Hello?” He peeped in, hoping he wasn’t intruding.
 
Shocked, Angel slammed the file shut, gathering all the papers into a neat pile. “Yes?” She forced out an awkward smile. 
 
Joonmyeon was the least impressed. He maintained a straight face and spoke, “Make yourself feel at home, well, I guess since this is your home now too.” He frowned a little before continuing. “I’m sure we would get along well… As long you stay out of my way. Don’t worry, I won’t be in your way either.” With that, he shut the door roughly. 
 
Angel sighed. She opened her files and took a look at them again. They were case files on Joonmyeon. How was she to complete her case if Joonmyeon told her to stay out of his way? She sighed again, louder this time. It was her first case and it wasn’t going as planned at all. Although she learned about how to handle cases in school and had many practices, nothing was like being out in the field and experiencing the real thing.
 
But she had a bigger issue to worry about. Her case, helping Joonmyeon, suddenly felt like a small issue when she thought about the biggest rule she could never break. Completing the case was important but it would be severe if Joonmyeon ever found out anything about her or her identity. And why? She was a fairy, a winter fairy from The Upper Side. It was a land that was just above the clouds and it wasn’t too different from earth. The fairies living on The Upper Side were very much like humans, only with special powers and of course, wings. 
 
They never told her how to help Joonmyeon and close the case without revealing anything about her. It just seemed too difficult a task! She had to be really careful. The worst punishment one could receive for having their identity revealed was to be kept in The Upper Side forever. And the memory of the human would be wiped. The fairies of The Upper Side hated that. They loved helping the humans and it would be dreadful if their memories - including the good ones, had to be taken from them. 
 
Angel tried putting in some effort in getting to know Joonmyeon better. It was only when they became friends that it would be easier for her to help him. She had to be really careful with what she said since she already knew him from her files. She needed to make sure she didn’t let any information slip otherwise he would be suspicious and maybe even kick her out. 
 
For a week, she would wait up for him and then tried to start conversations. To her dismay, he would either reply her with a word or ignore her totally. She could understand how he must be feeling and she wanted to help him quickly but there was no progress whatsoever.
 
A week after moving in, she decided to cook him dinner so that he would have at least have a taste of some home cooked food once in awhile.
 
“Joonmyeon, you’re home?” Angel used the sweetest voice she could and called out when she heard the front door closing.
 
His eyes widen when he saw what had become of his kitchen. It was a mess! “Are you crazy? What have you done here?!” He shouted as he rushed forward, eyeing every inch of his kitchen.
 
She was slightly taken aback by him raising his voice. “Well…” She avoided his gaze shyly. “I just wanted to make you some food. I’m sure you would enjoy it!” She offered a shy smiled.
 
But all he did was sigh. “I told you, just stay out of my way. But look what you’ve done!”
 
She sulked. “I just wanted to cook…”
 
“If you must cook, do it and then clean up before I’m home.” He stomped off into his room angrily.
 
Angel sighed as she started putting things away. She didn’t know he would react this way. Neither did she think he would think of it as a mess. She had used some of her powers to help her in cooking so things may have gotten out of hand. She felt bad for making him angry though it was impossible to make it up to him.
 
She stared at the now cleaned kitchen and dragged her feet slowly back to her room. Before she entered her room, she heard Joonmyeon talking to himself, and tears welled up in her eyes. “Don’t worry, Joonmyeon. This is temporary. You just need to study hard and earn enough money. You can do it. You won’t give up.”


Posted 18th September 2014. 

Author's note: Sorry for the late update! Finally had some to write something and I managed to write this quickly. Please let me know what you think by leaving comments and continue to support my stories despite the slow updates! Also, I've noticed a few grammar and spelling mistakes in my previous story 'Marry U' but nonetheless please check it out [here] and anticipate its sequel!