Cloud Three

Into Your World
Angel paced her bedroom floor as she thought about the best way to get close to Joonmyeon as quickly as possible. It definitely wasn’t going to work if she only saw him in the morning before he left and at night after he returned home. She needed to spend more time with him. The only way she could think of was enrolling in the same school as him. If she could get into the same class, that would be even better. 
 
Of course, after making a few calls back to The Upper Side mission headquarters, she was enrolled in the same course and class as Joonmyeon. Being a fairy, it wasn’t like she didn’t go to school. In fact, she learnt and memorised things faster than humans so it wouldn’t be a problem for her at all going to Joonmyeon’s school. She would be able to keep up and nobody would suspect a thing. 
 
The next morning, she got up extra early to prepare breakfast, making sure she had enough time to clean up before Joonmyeon woke up. She set up the table nicely in hopes that Joonmyeon wouldn’t be able to resist the delicious sight when he woke up.
 
At 8 o’clock sharp, Joonmyeon came out from his bedroom all dressed and ready for school. A sweet aroma filled the house and he wondered what it could be. He saw the spread and Angel sitting at the table waiting for him. “Joonmyeon, I made some breakfast,” she smiled awkwardly. Instead of sitting down and joining her as she expected him to, he just rolled his eyes and walked out the door. “How rude,” she thought to herself before letting out a loud sigh.
 
Joonmyeon shook his head as he thought about all the food that was going to waste. “That should teach her not to do such a thing again. I’ve made myself clear and yet she just wouldn’t listen,” he thought. His stomach though decided to betray him by growling loudly. Placing a hand over it, hoping to muffle the loud noises his stomach was making, he dashed to the nearest convenience store to grab a quick bite.
 
Though he ate quickly, Joonmyeon made it just in time for his class. He walked in with big steps and settled into his usual spot at the back.
 
“We have a new transfer student joining our school and it’s her first day today. So please be nice and make her feel welcomed,” the teacher’s voice rang through the classroom.
 
Joonmyeon wasn’t typically interested in making new friends or welcoming new students but today, he decided to look up and to his surprise he saw a familiar face. “Angel?! What was she doing here?
 
Angel smiled at her new classmates as she walked to an empty seat. Her face lit up when she realised the empty seat was right next to Joonmyeon. “Hello,” she whispered in his direction, only to have him ignore her.
 
This went on for an entire month. Angel thought that he would at least speak to her at some point in time but she was wrong. Joonmyeon stayed out practically the whole day - school in the morning and work till late at night. Sometimes she would wait for him to come home but he wouldn’t even acknowledge her presence. “He is really a tough nut to crack. If this keeps up, how am I going to complete my mission?” Angel sighed, she better think of something and quick.
 
Joonmyeon turned to lean on his bedroom door after shutting it. He didn’t understand how could someone like her be so dense. He ignored her to the best he could and yet she still remained friendly and smiled at him no matter what. At the same time, he kind of enjoyed the attention he was receiving. It was nice to come home and see that someone was waiting for him. “Ugh,” he ran his hand through his hair in frustration, “I must be going crazy.”
 

Posted 19th July 2015