Day 24

Getting to Know You

            The moment Roffy opened her eyes the next morning, the first thought that came to her mind was to act normal, pretend nothing happened. She peeled off the covers and tried to slide out of bed but felt something encase her wrist.

            “Where are you going?”

            “We need to pack for our flight,” she mumbled stiffly. Don’t look at him, her brain was screaming.

            He let out a tiny snort and pulled her back against him. She could feel their skin touching and squeezed her eyes shut. She could hear him turn his head on the pillow to look at her and she knew he was laughing at her on the inside. Or on the outside, she grimaced as his laughter reached her ears.

            “What’s so funny?” she grumbled.

            “You’re so cute.” There was a shift in the bed and she was scared he was going to come near her. She felt his lips on her cheek and then he was gone. “Okay, wish granted. I’m going to shower and we’re going to start packing. Don’t want to miss our flight.”

            It wasn’t a particularly long flight, but it gave them time to be comfortable with each other. Roffy leaned her head against the chair as she turned to smile at Yongguk. “That was fun. Thank you.”

            His thumb caressed her hand as he grinned. “We’ll definitely be back again.”

            Going back home and going back to work straight after was a bit disconcerting. Just twenty-four hours ago, they had been walking down the streets of New York and trying out the food from the multiple vendors on the corners of the blocks. And now, she was back in a different setting, a different city and going about life.

            It was nice when Yongguk came to pick her up but rather than going on the road home, he took a turn onto the highway. “What are we doing?”

            “I think it’s too pretty to waste today just going home. We should go see the sunset.”

            He drove off the expressway and turned into a small beach area. They got out of the car and walked just in time to see the brilliant golden orange display of lights. Yongguk turned to Roffy and held up his arms.

            “What are you doing?” she was totally bewildered.

            He reached forward and picked up her hands, sliding one onto his biceps and holding the other one in the air. She grinned. “Are we ballroom dancing?”

            He was muttering the steps to himself as he walked forward, pushing her feet backwards and he stepped to the side, forcing her to follow him. His grip on her shoulder blades allowed him to control her movements easily.

            “Have you been taking lessons?” she asked, laughing over the roar of the waters.

            “Maybe,” Yongguk admitted. After a few minutes, she took her hand off his arm and circled them both around his neck.

            She leaned in to place her head on his chest and closed her eyes. “I prefer slow dancing.”

            They swayed together, breathing in the salty air and not talking. There was a peaceful stillness to everything as they watched the sun dip below the horizon and then it was time to go home.

            Once in the car, the romantic atmosphere dissipated and Yongguk grinned at her. “What do you say to a slow dance into the bedroom?”

            She took her pocketbook and whacked his arm. “You give them some and they want it all,” she groaned.

            He wiggled his eyebrows. “Sniffles’ sibling isn’t just going to appear from thin air, you know.”

            Roffy glanced at his still smiling profile and even though she still felt shy, she grinned back. “I suppose if you put it that way, we have no choice right?”


and here comes another night of ravishing

you guys ;u;