Characters Page

SM International High School

SM International High School Characters Page

ydr6.jpg

Kim Tae-yeon (Taeyeon)

15 Years Old, March 9 2004, Jeonju

Born in South Korea but she never even grow old enough to learn speaking fluent Korean as her family moves to London when she is just two years old because of the nature of her father’s work. As she enters primary school, she is having a hard time in adjusting her lifestyle even though by that time she has mastered speaking English and Korean fluently. She wants to go somewhere else to continue her study but as her father is currently stationed by his company to work in London, she has no choice but to bear with it and make London her home. During her primary school, her academic scores are just like other regular students but she always receives award from the school for her role in helping the school winning the choir competition and representing the school, she appears on a morning show in the TV showcasing her ability to sing. During her time in London, she met with Yuri whose father is a close friend with Taeyeon’s father. Yuri was on a holiday trip with her parents but as soon as they talk with each other, the two are really connected with each other and they quickly become close friends. Yuri uses the opportunity to learn English from her and to learn more about London while Taeyeon learns about Korean culture and lifestyle from her. They are keeping in touch even as Yuri continued her study back in Seoul and become best friends ever since.

But as she settled down slowly in London, her father gains promotion in his work and she relocates to Tokyo, Japan. She doesn’t experience homesick when she is in Japan because it is near South Korea and she is having fun with her activities at school. It is here in the Nobu Middle School that she is making a name for herself, achieving a lot of academic awards in her school, winning singing competitions three years in a row, bringing the school choir team to 2nd place in the national competition twice and chosen as the president of the school’s student council. But despite her distinguished achievement and reputation at school, she never even once interested in dating despite a lot of the male students confessed their love to her. But there is one boy who almost makes Taeyeon broke her insistence of not dating anyone. This boy keeps confessing to Taeyeon over and over again and never stops chasing her until he mysteriously dropped out of the school during the 2nd grade. She never heard of him again since then and even though it makes her a bit curious, she decide to continue on with her study and before she graduates, the school give her an award for raising the profile of the school and for her outstanding contribution in the school’s improvement. She is invited personally by Lee Soo Man and after much consideration, her parents who already moved back to Seoul 6 months before her graduation ask her to consider it seriously because she is highly sought by a lot of famous high schools in Japan and she is offered a lot of scholarships.

But she declines all the offer and accepts the challenge after knowing that she will be the first student coming into SM High School that aren’t graduating from their middle school and her appearance in the school will break tradition. She believes that such kind of education system is not right and she supports the idea of more students outside of the SM Schools to be admitted into the school like her. She is looking forward to a new challenge at school, reunited with her friends Yuri permanently and of course to be back in her country of birth.

9ery7.jpg

Park Chan-yeol (Chanyeol)

15 Years Old, November 27 2004, Seoul

Chanyeol is a member of a well known underground band that goes by the name of EXO. He is the only member of the band that likes to perform different musical instruments during their performance. He is adept in playing several musical instruments but at EXO he is their drummer, guitarist and rapper of the band. The band never really settles in one type of music, opting to perform several different genres during their performance to show their versatility. Despite EXO's well known presence on the underground music scene in Seoul, he is always been a loner, he is always gone straight back to his home whenever the practice ends and at school he doesn’t like to talk with a lot of other students and opt to spend most of his time at the school’s library. He spends most of his time in library either sleeping or studying. The only closest friend he has is Baekhyun, who is the lead vocalist of the band and his team mate on SM Middle School’s football team. He never really gets any academic achievement and the only award he gets is from winning the football tournament with his school team.

Despite his good look, just like Taeyeon, he never really interested in dating but it is not because he wants to focus with his band activities or with the school, he has his own reasons for doing so and it is the reason why he doesn’t have too many friends around him and opt to be a loner instead. During the first grade at Middle School he is still the bubbly schoolboy who is interested in music and wants to get acquainted with a lot of other people at school, But during the school’s festival, he suffered an embarrassing and a pretty humiliating scene in front of a lot of students caused by someone and since then he never show his true self again. He closed himself to other people, making distance with other school students and only to the member of EXO that he can talk casually like his old self. Because of this attitude he has been given the nickname of ‘lone wolf’ by other students at school. He doesn’t really care what other people are calling him because he simply just doesn’t care anymore.

He started living in the dorm since the 2nd grade of middle school and like most of the other entrants of SM International High School; he entered SM Education system from kindergarten. His parents are not really wealthy so they are a bit struggling to make his school fees payment up until middle school where Chanyeol performs in a lot of events with EXO and he managed to earn some money that he used to help his parents with the payment of his school fees. When he has no activities with EXO, he is working a part-time job at a fast food outlet in a shopping mall in Seoul. He is a devoted Christian; he always goes to the church with his family every Sunday.  His family is actually concerned with his lack of social interactions with the other students and always trying to encourage him to befriend the other students outside of the EXO members. The only person that keeps trying to befriend him is a student that goes by the name of Tiffany. How will Chanyeol’s life change at the appearance of Taeyeon at the school?

???? ????? (OC)

The boy that was attending the same middle school in Japan with Taeyeon, who mysteriously missing from school before the start of the 3rd grade academic year. He is persistent in approaching Taeyeon and relentlessly keeps confessing his love to her but keep rejected.

-The profile information of the OC will be unveiled when he is making his appearance in the story-

u6xzb.jpg

Kwon Yuri (Yuri)

15 Years Old, 5 December 2004, Goyang

Yuri is Taeyeon’s best friend and just like Chanyeol, she enters SM Education System starting from the kindergarten level. She is a bubbly person and a prankster, she is loved by all the teachers because of her personality and she is always obeying the school’s rules and she herself has her own achievement that she earned starting from primary school. As an athletic person that loves sport, she won various athletic competitions held either by the school or events outside of school. She started to work out in gym as early as 5th grade and regularly jogging whenever she has free time after school. When she hears the news that Taeyeon is going to go back to South Korea permanently and to enter the same high school as her, she is both happy and confused. She is happy because she is going to see her more often but she is confused because her older brother is not accepted into SM high school because of their strict student admission system and the fact that Taeyeon accepted right before the start of the new academic year makes her question the school’s integrity.

Just like any other teenager she is interested in boys and she went out once with a boy in middle school but because her strict schedule of working out and practicing at the athletic track, the relationship never work out. Even so she has a secret admirer that never even give a hint to her once that he likes her a lot. This boy is Minho, the former captain of the SM Middle School’s football team; he is fascinated by her beauty and her dedication toward sports as well. He becomes best friend with her and this is why it is hard for Minho to approach her to ask her out on a date with him. Yuri is a good friend with Tiffany and she is a part of the school’s group formed during middle school by Jessica and Tiffany called the Girls’ Generation (which changed to Pink Generation because Jessica leaves the group). People see them as a gang but for them they always branded themselves as a social group. 

As Taeyeon’s best friend she always encourages her to try dating and consider the boys that keep confessing to her over the years. She knows the boy on her middle school that keep confessing to her over and over again and despite not really knowing him well, she has a feeling that this boy will be melting Taeyeon’s iron heart someday. Of course she has to take care of someone that secretly want to confess to her but just never could, just what will happen between Yuri and Minho and the start of the new school year?

sfh4m.jpg

Hwang Mi-young (Tiffany)

15 Years Old, August 1 2004, San Francisco

Tiffany was born in United States and after graduating from the kindergarten in San Francisco, she moves to South Korea after hearing the reputation of SM Education Institute. A really lively and bubbly girl, her warm personality toward other people earn her a lot of friends since primary school and add a irresistible eye-smiles that she has, there are a lot of boys falling for her. Despite of that she is always rejecting the boys that are after her during middle school and opt to play the role of the matchmaker, pairing the boys that are going after her with her friends or other girls at school. It might look as if she is playing the good girl role as the matchmaker but deep down inside of her heart, she takes it that all these boys are not worthy for her and that is why she hands them over to the other girls at school. Even though she is actually a really kind girl at the start, she was involved in Chanyeol’s humiliation incident indirectly and since then he has been ignoring her. It upsets her because he is the only boy in the school that never tries to go out with her yet he manages to attract her attention.

After Chanyeol closed himself to other people, Tiffany becomes more and more curious to unlock his cold personality of his and after several failed attempts she becomes frustrated and starts directing her frustration into other things. She and Jessica co-founded the Girls’ Generation group which the sole purpose of existence is to spread rumors, intimidate new students and of course doing few naughty acts that are really against the school’s rules. Just before graduation in middle school, Jessica opts to quit the group because it doesn’t suit her anymore and since then she becomes the sole leader and because of her love with the color pink, she renamed the group to Pink Generation. During her three years in middle school, despite her reputation as a little troublemaker, she is always involved in school’s activities as the member of student council.

She lives in the school’s dorm because her parents are straying back in United States, just like Chanyeol but the difference is that Chanyeol always goes back home to his parents’ house every weekend while Tiffany always staying in the dorm every single day. She was also the captain of the school’s cheerleader and she is hoping to get the same chance when she entered high school even though most likely her seniors will earn that role instead of her. Entering a new adventure as a high school student, her aim is still the same, to hopefully makes Chanyeol notices her and talk to her, she knows it is not easy but she believes that everything can be done if she is just trying hard enough in doing it.

ru5o.jpg

Choi Jin-ri (Sulli)

15 Years Old, 29 March 2004, Seoul

Sulli is a cheerful girl and being the only daughter in her family makes her a little bit more tomboy than the average teenage girl. Despite of that she was the member of the school’s cheerleading team since primary school and she is always assigned to cheer on the football’s team where both Minho and Chanyeol are in during the middle school. Just like Minho toward Yuri, Sulli is also secretly admiring Minho without letting him know anything about it but the difference is that Minho is her fraternal twin brother. She always look up to him because since they were kids they always stick together wherever they go and whenever Sulli is being picked on by other students, Minho is always there to protect her. However things starting to change when Minho is getting serious with his football activities and he is also starting to like Yuri. Sulli knows that Minho like Yuri because whenever Minho needs someone to talk to about Yuri, Sulli is always the one that support him and comfort him.

At first she was giving a lot of good advices but the more Minho talk about Yuri to her, the more she is fed up with it and from a caring sister, she turns into a jealous girl. Of course she never let Minho knows about her real feelings because she knows how sensitive it is for a sister to fell in love with her own brother so she is keeping it all inside of her. She is keeping herself busy enough with her school works and her cheerleading activities while of course until this day still be the good listener for Minho. She is hoping to be in the same class as her two best friends, Krystal and Luna and also with Minho. She was never in the same class as Minho so she is looking forward the opening day of school where the students will learn of their class placement.

pxm9.jpg

Choi Minho (Minho)

15 Years Old, 29 March 2004, Seoul

The older brother of Sulli by just a couple of minutes, the good looking Minho is always dubbed the flower boy of the school. Even so he never likes that title to be attached to him and he is proving that he is not a flower boy by joining with the football club since primary school and he was never cared about his appearance or his attitude. He has a laidback attitude and sometimes he would blurt out sentences without thinking properly about it first. He is one of the most skillful football player in the team and even though he got offers to join several amateur and professional clubs, he always turn them down because he has to transfer to another school to do so and he doesn’t want to be far from Yuri. Even though he is always at the same team with Chanyeol the two of them never really talk much aside from when playing football together on the field, similar to Tiffany, he wishes that Chanyeol would open up more because it is awkward when he is a teammate of his football team but Chanyeol never really talk with the other team members.

Minho’s father is a well-known football coach which explains why he got his football skill from. He is quite on a good terms with Tiffany even though he is not close with her but he learns that one shouldn’t mess with Tiffany if want to survive in the school without getting picked on or bullied. Once offered help by Tiffany to get closer with Yuri, he refuses her help, citing that he will wait for the right time to make his move and he doesn’t want anyone else to be helping him in doing so, he wants to approach Yuri using his own way and with his own strength. As he graduates from middle school, he entered SM International High School after earning the scholarship for his achievement in the football team which he duly takes to lessen the burden of his parents of paying the school fees of both him and Sulli. He is determined to ask Yuri out on a date before they graduate high school and he is not in a rush to do it and just believe that the right time will come by itself.

iqin.jpg

Cho Kyu-Hyun (Kyuhyun)

17 Years old, 3 February 2002, Seoul

Entering his third and final year at SM International High School, he is the current president of the student council.  He is known to be really close with most of the teachers and staffs at high school and even often asked to participate during school’s annual meeting to discuss school projects and other stuffs. His father is a well known politician and a wealthy businessman. Kyuhyun is one of the students who previously graduated from another primary school and still allowed to enter SM Middle School because of the bribe that his father gave to the principal at that time. Because of his position as the president of the student council and his closeness with the teachers, he often gain favor from the staff in charge of disciplining the students because he often tells on the students who are breaking the rules of the school no matter it is a small thing or something worst. Because of this there are a lot of students at the school who are not in friendly terms with him.

Even so he is one of the person who supported the idea of admitting students from other school into the middle and high school because he believe it can brings diversity into the school. He is currently proposing that students from foreign countries to be eligible to be admitted into the school and he is one of the most vocal supporter of Lee Soo Man’s idea of admitting Taeyeon into the high school. Even though he really wants the school to accept students from other school, he has different thoughts when it comes to Taeyeon. He is captivated by her beauty when Lee Soo Man revealed her profile for the first time at the meeting. He is known to date a lot of girls during his time at the high school and he is intrigued with Taeyeon’s beauty and planning to make her his girlfriend.