5

How To Escape The Friendzone

"I've known for a few weeks now, but I really want your opinion on this..." She stopped.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I've been given an offer to become a model. Do you think I should do it?" She asked with a concerned expression.

For gods sake. I thought to myself. She really looked like she was about to tell me that she loved me, and then we'd make out and run off into the sunset-- Focus Sojin!

"Uhm... Well, if you really want to do it, then you should. You're definitely pretty enough to be a model." I said, putting on a fake smile.

"I think I'll do it." She said, nodding. "I'll reply to the email. It's only a summer thing, so I won't be gone for that long."

 

"You really thought she was going to suddenly come out as a raging lesbian for you?" Yura snorted.

"Well, she had that look on her face... You know the one." I said.

"No I don't. You're the only gay person I know. What kind of look was it?" Yura asked.

"Like... Well, I can't explain it." I sighed, folding my arms.

"Sojin!" I heard a voice behind me, and then I felt someone hugging me from behind. I instantly knew it was Hyosung.

"You're acting like you haven't seen me in ages, but you saw me an hour ago." I said, patting Hyosung's head as she sat down with us.

"I didn't know where you were. You could have been getting into more trouble!" She squeezed me tightly.

"Well, I'm here and I'm okay." I said, struggling to breathe as she crushed me.

"Uh... I should get going, I have a cake to bake." Yura said, then she got up and left.

"But there's no lessons today..." Hyosung said with a frown.

 

I ended up back in my room with Hyosung. I was texting Yura.

I see what you mean with the look now. She's definitely gay for you.

-Yura

I grinned and replied.

I know she is. She keeps looking at me with that look. She'll have to tell me she loves me soon.

"Who are you texting?" Hyosung asked.

"Yura." I said, not thinking.

"Isn't she baking?" Hyosung asked, frowning.

"She put the cake in the oven." I quickly made up an excuse. "She's waiting for it to be ready."

Hyosung gave me a suspicious look, then went back to reading her book. Eventually, I drifted off to sleep because Yura didn't reply to my text. I must've slept for a good few hours.

When I woke up, Hyosung was very close to me. In fact, her face was inches away from mine. I screamed and she fell backwards onto her bed.

"Sorry! You.. You were making noises and I thought you were suffocating!" Hyosung gasped, her face turning red.

I didn't really know what to say, so I just shrugged. "It's fine."

An awkward silence set in. Hyosung was staring at me. I was staring at her. She came back over and started leaning in. Our lips were inches away and we were going to kiss---- And then the door opened.

"Hey, oh god, sorry to barge in on the gayfest-- I mean-- Godamnit Yura shut up--"

We both pulled away. Yura was stood at the door holding a basket of cakes.

"N-No.. It's fine. There was no gayfest in here." Hyosung looked down with an awkward, forced smile.

"Well, I got you some cakes, to prove I was baking." Yura said. "I'll leave them here." She put the basket down on the edge of my bed and then walked out.

There was another awkward silence, then I decided to break it to confirm my suspicions once and for all.

"Hyosung, are you gay?"

 

 

oooooooooooo short update a year later lmao