4

How To Escape The Friendzone

It was late at night and I'd been asleep for a while. I'd managed to persuade Hyosung to let me sleep in my own bed so she could sleep in hers. I woke up because I heard a noise. I looked over at Hyosung and then there was the noise again. She made the noise. She was .

"S...Sojin..." She breathed. "Oh god.. Yes.. Sojin.. More.."

I stared at her with wide eyes. She started to get louder and I was worried she'd wake the people in the next room up so I got out of bed slowly and stumbled towards her.

"Hyosung, wake up." I said, shaking her gently.

Surprisingly, she opened her eyes the first time I said her name.

"What is it..?" She asked, trying to look innocent but I knew from the look on her face she knew what she'd been doing.

"You were talking in your sleep. You were getting really loud so I woke you up." I said.

"Oh... I'm sorry.." She mumbled.

"It's okay. Just if you do talk in your sleep, do it quietly..." I said. "And don't keep saying my name."

There was an awkward silence.

"Okay... I won't..." Hyosung said.

I climbed back into my bed and tried to sleep again, but all I could think about was Hyosung my name.

 

The next morning when I woke up, Hyosung wasn't there. The shower wasn't on either, so I just assumed she went to breakfast without me. Then all of a sudden, Yura ran in.

"Jesus Yura, are you trying to make me wet myself, running in like that?!" I yelled at her.

"Hyosung is crying, come on!" She said, helping me out of bed.

Somehow, I managed to run down the corridors in only a tank top and shorts into the dining hall where Hyosung was stood in the middle of the room sobbing whilst everyone was stood watching her, unsure of what to do. When me and Yura entered, all eyes were on me, mainly because I was in my pyjamas, but also because I was Hyosung's room mate. Slowly, I left Yura's side and walked over to Hyosung and pulled her out of the room.

"What's wrong?" I asked, holding her hand as I guided her back to our room.

"I.. I don't.. I'm just.." She stopped, probably because she was crying too much.

"Calm down, tell me when you can talk." I said as we entered our room.

She sat on her bed and I sat next to her. It took her a while to stop crying, but eventually she stopped.

"They.. They called me a lesbian.. Just b-because I'm looking after you.." She whispered.

"Who?" I asked.

"Jessica.. And Hyuna.. And Jinah.." She sniffled.

"Oh, really? I'll deal with them, don't worry." I said, giving her a hug. "Don't listen to them."

"But why did everyone else j-just stand there and watch..?" Hyosung sighed.

"Because they're all stupid. Please don't worry about it.." I said. "Think about other things.. Nice thi-"

I stopped as she gasped loudly.

"Sojin! What are you doing out of bed?!"

 

I waited until Hyosung was in the shower that night, then I wrote a note for her.

'I'm going to meet up with someone. I'll be back soon'

It was a lie, but oh well.

I ventured outside into the grounds, I scanned the area then found the three I was looking for.

Jessica, Hyuna and Jinah are the most popular girls in the school. If there's a party, they're at it. They've slept with all of the boys at least once, they constantly about everyone else and think they're better than everyone.

"Oh look, it's a lesbian!" Jinah yelled.

Hyuna and Jessica laughed.

I walked over to them and glared at them. "I have something to say to all of you."

"Ooh, I'm scared." Jessica said sarcastically.

"Shut the up. How dare you call Hyosung a lesbian? Don't you think she has enough crap to worry about? She just came here, she doesn't need any of this going on. Why can't you just be respectful for once? Hyosung isn't a lesbian, and if she was I'd be completely okay with it, unlike some idiots like you who seem to judge everyone on small details. I can't believe you'd make her cry in front of everyone. You're all awful." I hissed at them.

Then suddenly, they all stood up.

"Look at you using naughty words, who do you think you are?" Hyuna snorted.

"You've got yourself into some deep now, lesbian." Jinah said.

"You'll be lucky if you can even move after we're done with you." Jessica growled.

They started to close in on me, and then they started to hit me and kick me and pull my hair. I tried to fight back, but I was too weak and I ended up on the floor where they beat me until I was bleeding and helpless, then they walked off.

The minutes that passed felt like hours, until I heard Hyosung scream.

"Sojin! Oh god!"

I heard footsteps, then Hyosung rolled me onto my back.

"They... Beat me up..." I whispered.

"Oh Sojin.." Hyosung sighed. "I'll have to take you to the nurse now.."

I spent the entire night in the nurse's room, having bandages put all over my body. I was shown how to replace my bandages, but Hyosung was taking notes on her phone so it was most likely she'd be doing the changing of the bandages for me.

 

The next day, the news spread about me getting beaten up. People were trying to see me as Hyosung helped me to get to the dining hall for breakfast, but Yura kept pushing them away.

"Have you never seen someone with a few bruises and bandages before? It's nothing new." Yura was saying.

Hyosung helped me sit down and left me with Yura whilst she went to get some food. As the crowd broke up, I noticed a lost first year transfer walking around. She noticed I was looking and came over.

"C..Can you help me?" She asked.

"Sure, what do you need?" I said with a friendly smile.

"I'm lost.." She said. "Can I just sit here with you for a while?"

"Yeah, sure." I said, making room on the bench for her to sit down. "So, what's your name?"

"Hyeri.. Lee Hyeri.. Can I ask what happened to your.. You?" She asked rather cutely.

"I got beat up. Haven't you heard people talking about the second year girl who got beaten up by some girls?" I said.

Suddenly she gasped. "That was you?! I saw that from my room!"

"You have to stay away from those girls who beat me up. They're really bad people." I said, then I pointed to where Hyuna, Jessica and Jinah were sat on the other side of the room with a sour look on their faces.

"Oh, I've seen those girls. They laughed at me for my short hair." Said Hyeri quietly, looking down.

"Exact-" I started, then Hyosung sat down on the other side of me. I hadn't realised that Yura had moved up.

"Sojin, who is this?" Hyosung asked.

"Hyeri. She's lost." I said.

"If she's lost, then why is she here?" Hyosung asked, looking confused.

"I'm going to take her to where she needs to be." I said, grinning at Hyosung's disapproving stare.

"Alright.. But I'm coming with you." Hyosung said.

"That's fine." I said, then I took my tray of food and started to eat.

After I was done, I got up and took Hyeri to her lesson which was Performing Arts or something like that.

"Thank you for helping me, Sojin-ssi." Said Hyeri.

"It's fine, if you ever get lost again I'll help. I'm in room 458 in corridor 29B." I said with a smile.

"Room 458.. Corridor 29B.. Okay, I'll remember that!" She said, then she went into the classroom.

On the way back to our room, Hyosung was quiet. She had a thoughtful look on her face so I didn't say anything either. In fact, Hyosung didn't say anything for the entire day apart from asking what I wanted for dinner.

Whilst she was gone, there was a knock on the door. I got out of bed and answered it. It was Hyeri.

"Sojin-ssi! I'm not lost, I just wanted to spend more time with you so we can be friends!" She said.

I smiled. "Come in." She entered and I closed the door behind her. "You can't stay for long though, Hyosung will be back soon and she needs to help me change my bandages."

Hyeri and I talked for at least twenty minutes before Hyosung came back and told Hyeri she needed to leave whilst I ate and changed my bandages. Hyeri said she'd just see me tomorrow. After I was eaten and all cleaned up, Hyosung sat next to me.

"Sojin, there's something that's been on my mind for a while..."

 

 

 

happy september. cliffhanger. ;)