Prologue

Devolution

The year is 2120 BD (Before Devolution), but according to the new timeframe used, it’s only 106 FD (Following Devolution).

In 2014 BD, the world was in chaos. No one is sure where and when it started exactly, but all historians are sure of one thing: nothing was the same afterwards. One by one, presidents and rulers were all assassinated and not one was left alive. Afterwards, there was a relatively short period of war. For two years, people fought for power, all wanting to take control of the lands and people. Some wanted to unite the people, while others wanted to take control to benefit only themselves. Eventually, earth was divided into two halves: the eastern hemisphere (now called Sunhwan) ruled by the Kim Dynasty and the western hemisphere (now called Muhan) governed by the Nam-Liberty Party. The Kim Dynasty went back to a monarchy-ruled empire, while the Nam-Liberty Party decided to continue with what a couple of areas had before, a democratic government.

With the technological advancements from BD times, the two empires were able to look over their lands and people as they pleased. The Kim Dynasty tended to be stricter with their people, while the Nam-Liberty Party wanted to give as much freedom to their people that they possibly could. That didn’t mean that the Nams were any less vicious with their punishments for crimes though. In fact, the Nam-Liberty Party frequently used the death penalty while the Kims banned the practice since the dynasty’s rise.

As for social changes, everyone who was considered “poor” in the BD times all became slaves. Slavery was brought back as a result of the many new public works that had to be built and rebuilt: bridges, roads, buildings, and etc. However, slaves continued to be used after the public works were completed. Those that used to be in the “middle-class” either continued to work or were sent off to the islands (BD-Hawaii and BD-Caribbean for Muhan, BD-Japan and BD-Philippines for Sunhwan) to train in the military, in case of a war between the two empires. Everyone else typically kept their status and job from before.

Currently, there were only two heirs to the empires, and their decisions were going to decide whether the new order would be able to continue on. Prince Kim Sunggyu was to take over the Kim Dynasty, and Nam Woohyun was to lead the Nam-Liberty Party. However, these two heirs are far different from those before them, and they'll be the first to risk everything they have for the person they love.


Just a little information about the two empires before I begin the story. I'm actually really excited for this lol. It'll be long, but I'm currently liking the way the plot's going. The rest of Infinite will be showing up after the main characters are introduced, but it might be a long time before you read about some of them (sorry Myungsoo fans). I hope you all like it!^^