The Promises

One Mistake, Two Kisses, Three Hearts

-back to the roof-

Me: *pulls away and blushes*

Kai: *murmuring* You look cute maknae. 

Me: Jongin~

Kai: *laughs and hugs me*

Me: *smiling and hugging him back* Kai, we should head back down before our hyungs wonder where we are.

Kai: Good idea. Come on then. *lets go of me and holds my hand*

Me: What are you doing?

Kai: Being moral support. *kisses my hand* Come on. *he walks me back down*

-at the dorms-

Sehun: *comes towards us* Hey Kai-Whoa wait, what's going on there? *points to me and Kai holding hands*

Me: *looks down* Um-

Kai: Just a hyung being moral support to his little dongseang. *he smiles at me and I blush*

Sehun: Seems like more than moral support there.... maknae, you could have done better, I mean, I'm right here. *smirks*

Me: Sehunnie-

Kai: She's fine Sehun. Right maknae?

Me: *looks at him surprised* Uh, sure?

Kai: *smiles at me* You should go help D.O-hyung with dinner. 

Me: Alright then. I'll, um, see you guys later?

Kai: We'll see you in a little bit. *smiles*

Me: Okay. *I leave*

Sehun: Kai, are you alright? You seem to be-

Kai: Keep your hands off of her Sehun. She's mine.

Sehun: Hold on buddy. Last time I checked, she was Suho's wifey to be. What's going on?

Kai: Her and Suho broke off the engagement.

Sehun: What? When?

Kai: Today.

Sehun: And you're already with her? Is that such a good idea?

Kai: I'm kinda the reason they split. I figured that she should have someone to lean on.

Sehun: Or is it just because you love her too and now finally have your chance?

Kai: *hits him* Shut up Hun!

Sehun: Yehet I knew it! Haha!

Kai: Aish, go away and find Luhan or someone.

Sehun: *puts an arm around Kai* Aw come on hyung. Let's go eat dinner. We got chicken~

Kai: What are we still doing here then? *he and Sehun laugh*

-at the dinning table-

Everyone is still joking around as usual. Only me, Suho, and Kai are silent. Me and Suho are sitting next to each other, but unlike before, there is no hand holding, no sweet words and kisses. Instead,  there is awkward silence between us. Kris keeps giving Suho a look, telling him to talk to me, but Suho just shakes his head. Kai looks at me from time, giving me his smile that says, "It's alright, I love you. Don't stress, be strong baby." I try to smile back, but the pain is too much. What have I done?!

D.O: Alisha, are you okay? You haven't eaten.

Me: Huh? Oh, hyung, I'm fine. Actually, if you all don't mind, I'm gonna go to sleep now. *gets up and puts plates in sink* Goodnight.

EXO: Goodnight maknae. *I leave and go to my room (instead of Suho's room)*

Baekhyun: *looks at Suho* Alright,  what did you do?

Suho: Huh?

Baekhyun: She hasn't eaten and she didn't go to your room. What did you do to our maknae?

Suho: Well, um-

Chanyeol: Spit it out Suho. I know something happened between you two. Now what is it?

Suho: I-we, uh, broke off our engagement.

Luhan: You what?!

Suho: *holds up my engagement ring* We. Broke. Up.

Baekhyun: Oh my goodness~ When was this?!

Suho: Today.

Lay: Is this why you both weren't looking at each other? Or talking?

Suho: *nods*

Sehun: I saw someone looking and smiling at our maknae though.

Kris: Who?

Sehun: *turns to Kai* Care to elaborate hyung? *everyone gasps*

D.O: Jongin, why?

Kai: I just wanted to be there for her. I didn’t think my actions would split you both apart, Suho-hyung. I'm sorry.

Suho: *waves a hand* It's nothing Kai. We were gonna break up anyway. Its better this happened now than later. *stands up* Take care of her would you? Make her smile again, the way she used to all the time. *he goes into his room* 

Kai: *holds his head in his hands* Ugh, I'm screwed aren't I?

D.O: No you're not Jongin-ah.

Lay: You got permission from one, but now you need to make sure you keep the promise to both.

Kai: Huh? Um, hyung, what are you talking about?

Luhan: What Lay wants to say is, Suho already broke away from Alisha. What you need to do is take care of her like he said. Make her smile again.

Kai: But what if she doesn't accept me?

Sehun: She let you hold her hand. I think you're fine.

Chanyeol: Plus, you're Kai! Who doesn't love you?

Kai: Alisha didn't.

Luhan: Not from the beginning.

Sehun: But now it seems like she does. 

D.O: Give each other a chance Kai. Who knows what will happen.

Kai: *sighs* Alright. 

Baekhyun: Yay! Now who's gonna clean up?

Sehun: I volunteer Kai! So he can clean out his sorrow-

Kai: I volunteer Sehun! So he can shut his fat mouth.

Sehun: Yah-

Kris: And I say you both clean so you both can shut up.

Sehun and Kai: Hyung~

Kris: Now.

Sehun and Kai: *mutters* Aish. *starts to clean*

______________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: So...a bit of fluff and happiness I guess? I don't know...it's late...but I felt like updating...Oh well, hope you enjoyed! :D (Oh and by the way, don't think that I'm purposely being bipolar in this fic...It's just that I am a big person on skinship...so if you come and hug me when I'm down, I will so hug you right back, no matter who you are (and since I'm forever alone it would be great if it were to be a guy XD)...so yeah, wanted to clear that up. I still like Suho and I also like Kai, but I'm still confused about both either way :P )