Chapter One

Trust No one.

“Y-Your!...but…How?” Is all I managed to spit out. The overwhelming feeling of being sick finally taking over you. “This is all just a dream. I’m going to wake up and it’s going to be time to go to the park to meet you. And you’ll tell me something nice and it will make me forget.” I whisper but silence greets me.

“Make you forget what?” Baekhyun asks facing you with curiosity. “What?...Oh…Uh…Never mind” I respond flustered not realising that I had just said that. Great going idiot. I say and one of the boys frowns.

“None of this is real. You’re just meant to be my quirky best friend. And you’re all just from dream. No. Nightmares.” I say and Baekhyun sighs taking a seat beside me on the lounge where I buried my head into my hands.

“No don’t…please…just don’t” I speak quietly making him sigh and reach for my hand. I shuffle further across the lounge out of arms reach. “Listen, those nightmares aren’t just your imagination, they’re memories.”

“So you’re all demons?” I ask and they nod simultaneously. “Am I a demon?” I ask hesitantly and Baekhyun shakes his head. “No. You’re a key.” He says and I chuckle. “A key?” I ask outraged and he nods pulling me to sit back down. “A very, very valuable key.” A boy sitting on the banister of my stair adds in.

“People need—Actually they want you. Demons, the ones working for Lucifer. They need you to get him out.” Baekhyun says placing his hand gently on my knee where a small spark runs through my body.

“So I’m a key for what?” I ask running my right hand through my hand. “To hell.” A boy with dark eyes says quietly making me jump no noticing how close to me he actually was.

“So I’m the key to hell…And demons working for Lucifer to open the..” “Gate” The tall boys cuts in. “Right the gate to hell, so Lucifer can rule over earth with his cruel and harsh power.” I say in disbelief.

“Yep, that’s pretty much it. Which if I could add you’re taking in a lot better than I thought.” Baekhyun says with a smile and I raise my hand slapping him across the face.

“You think I’m taking this well? You think this is easy? You think I’m going to believe you just like that? Well I’m not, because your all just crazy people trying to get me to join in on your stupid game.” I yelp, the tears welling in my eyes. The exhaustion setting in and my heart beat slowly rising.

“Seuk Hye…Please just calm down a little.” A boy with kind eyes says taking a step forward. “How the hell do you know my name? I don’t even know who you are!” I cry out loud as he grabs hold of my underarm holding me steady.

“Listen, we’re here to make sure they can’t get to you. To make sure nothing will happen to you. We thought maybe it was time you knew the truth.” He says placing me gently on the lounge his soft words running through my head in a soothing manner.

“Nothing’s going to happen to you, I can promise you that. I promise I’ll answer any, no. All of your questions tomorrow, but for now you look like you need some well-deserved sleep.” He says and I nod rubbing my eyes.

“Yeah. Okay.” I say and slowly walk up to my room with not another word.

Baekhyun’s P.O.V

“You can’t use compulsion on her!” I yell and he just shrugs. “What it worked. And would you really want to be slapped again?” He asks and I shake my head. He’s right she’s got quite the hit.

“I’ll tell her everything in the morning but for now let’s demon proof this house, If you know what I mean.” He says and I smile before looking at the other boys. Maybe I should introduce her to the tomorrow, but for now Suho’s right we need to make this house as safe as possible.

A / N

Hey, How are all of you liking the story?

I hope you understand anything, if you have any questions just comment and I’ll make sure to respond.

Please comment, subscribe and Upvote as it makes me super duper happy.