Decision

Just An Intern

My eyes widened and so much excitement filled up my feelings that I felt like jumping up and down around in his office. He was seriously giving me an internship?

"Really? An internship here?"
"Yes. I am really impressed with your camera work and I would love you to work here with all of us. Here is the contract."
"This is such an honor. Thank you C-"
"But."

He interrupted my sentence and I put the pen down. What could this possibly mean?

"But?" I questioned.
"You can't have any interaction with any of the members."
"Wait what?"
"This contract in front of you states, that you are an intern. And as an intern, you will only work as a STAFF. Nothing else than a staff. That means you can't hang out with any of them, you can't fall in love with any of them, and you can't even talk to them. You are only here working as a camera person, so that means you will have the camera at all times."

I kind of hesitated to sign the contract. It seemed kind of harsh considering I will be the camera person who has to hang out with them and talk to them.

"So I will just have the camera at all times? No talking, no hanging out, or falling in love?"
"Correct. They are really busy boys and they need to focus on their career. They can't go around fooling around or else it will mess up their schedule. Since you are a fan of them, I know how you fans are when around your favorite idols. So do you accept the contract or not?"

I took a deep sigh. This was only a one chance opportunity. This was the reason I came to Korea. I wanted to become an intern, but at the same time I am a fan of them so it will be really hard. I had to choose between career or being a fan.

"Can I give you my answer tomorrow?" I asked him.
"I'm sorry, I need the answer now."

I let out a really big breath and got the pen and signed it. I mean how hard could it be to not have any interaction with them.

"Thank you." I said as I was walking out.
"Just so you know, you start right now. And if I see any interaction, I will let you out of your contract."

I tried really hard not to slam the door behind me so I closed gently. I walked out of there quickly and bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." I looked up and saw J-hope.
"It's fine. So what did Cho talk to you about?" He asked me.

I ignored him and walked away as quickly as I can out of the building. I can tell J-Hope was standing there confused like a lost puppy. I'll apologize to him later.

*~*~*~*~*

I got back to the hotel to tell Kyungmi and Soo Hee about my internship and what the rules were. They looked surprised when I told them that. 

"Wow, so your fantasies won't come to life." Soo Hee said to me. 
"Don't you think that's kind of harsh? I mean you are going to have to interact with them because you are the camera person." 
"No, he said all I will have is the camera and film them. That's all." I told her. 
"Won't that kind of be hard? I mean you are a fan." 
"I know but career goes first." 
"You don't even have a place to stay in. We are only here for a couple more days." 
"Don't worry, they provide me it which is also in my contract." 
"Oh Hye Mi. Why?" Soo Hee said. 
"Career always go before being a fan." 
"So when do you start?" 
"Next week. He wants me to get all settled in and stuff. But I can't interact with them because it starts NOW."
"NOW?!" They both said at the same time.
"Yeah, I know. That reminds me, I need to tell my parents to ship all my stuff to the new apartment."
"I hope you are making the right choice Hye Mi." Soo Hee told me.
"I know I am." I said as I grabbed my phone.

I paused for a bit, thinking about what I was going to do. I literally forgot everything I was going to do when I grabbed my phone.

"Why do I have my phone in my hand?" I asked the both of them.
"You said you were going to call your mom." Kyungmi told me.
"Call my mom? For what?" I asked.
"Remember? To ship your stuff to your new apartment because you are becoming an intern for BTS." Soo Hee told me.
"Oh yeah, right. I'm sorry, I can't cooperate..." I said and then dialed my moms phone number.

I saw Soo Hee and Kyungmi whispering to each other. I didn't really mind what they were talking about so I just went outside so they can have their little conversation.

Soo Hee's P.O.V

"Her condition is getting worst. Maybe soon she will forget about us." I told Kyungmi out loud after Hye Mi went outside.
"Don't worry. It's not getting worst. She's just having short term memory loss."
"It may be short term, but then it's going to turn into long term at this point. First she is forgetting where she put her camera, when she set it down only on the chair, not hard to see, and then she is forgetting why she is going to call her mom. Is her brain badly damaged?"
"Well she did-"

Kyungmi got interrupted when she heard the hotel door opened. Hye Mi came back in.

"So did you tell your mom to ship your stuff to your new apartment?" I asked her.
"Yeah I did. She's going to ship everything there. In the meantime, I'm going to look at the photos I took of them that are not for their album." She said and then grabbed her laptop bag.

When she looked in there, she started shaking it around, almost like she lost it.

"Where is it?"
"Your laptop?" I asked.
"Yeah, I don't really remember bringing it around."
"You brought it to the shoot right?" Kyungmi asked her.
"I did? Wait the shoot? What shoot?"
"Oh my Hye Mi..." I said and then put my palm over my face.
"Oh wait! The shoot! Oh it still must be over there! Ughh! I'm so stupid leaving it."
"Don't worry you can get it tomorrow."
"But I really wanted to look at the photos I took. Oh well."
"See it's just short term." Kyungmi whispered to me.

I sighed. It didn't seem like it was short term at all. Her memory was just getting more worst the more we were in Korea. I hope it doesn't get to a point where she gets all about her life.

...

Authors Note:

Hye Mi's brain is not very cooperative, but you guys will find out about that later ;) thank you for supporting my story!