Opportunity

Just An Intern

"Oh, y-you are talking to me right?" My voice started to shake.
"Of course, you were the only fan I saw actually taking photos than freaking out that we were here."
"Yeah, that was me."
"Can we talk in private real quick?"

I could hear Soo Hee screaming in the back.

"Soo Hee, you can go without me. I'll catch up with you."

Soo Hee squealed and gave me a wink, while I was just shrugging telling her to go away. I could tell rap monster was chuckling in the back. When Soo Hee left, we continued our conversation.

"So what's up Rap Monster?" I tried so hard not to squeal or shake my voice.
"Please, just call me Namjoon, but can I take a look at the photos you took today?"
"Oh sure." I took out my camera and turned it on and gave it to him.
"Oh can you just scroll for me please? I feel like I'm going to drop it. I'm sorry."
Namjoon sounded embarrassed. That was kind of cute, but I stood next to him and showed him all the photos I took today. He was shaking his head in satisfaction.

"Would you like to help us with our jacket shoot?" He finally asked.
"Yes, of course." I wasn't hesitant on saying no.
"Alright then, how much do I have to pay you?"
"No need for that. It's free for me. Just call this an experience for me."
"Ok, just give me your number and I will call you."

He gave me his phone and I put my number in there. I couldn't believe I was using his phone! Oh gosh these feelings I couldn't handle.

"Just call me, I'm available tomorrow."
"Ok, make sure to bring your camera and everything you need. I will call you later about the times."
"Alright then Namjoon. I'll see you later." I said and walked away from him.
"Oh wait!"
I turned around.
"Yeah?"
"I didn't get your name."
"Oh, annyeong haseyo, I am Go Hye Mi." I bowed and walked away quickly.

I walked away as fast as I could so that I can fan girl so much about it. But mostly I was embarrassed about how I introduced myself. Why did I do that? When he was gone I jumped and screamed everywhere. Really was this happening? A job offering from my bias? I couldn't wait to tell Kyungmi and Soo Hee about it.

Namjoon's P.O.V

I hopped into the van and the members were all staring at me.

"Oh guess what guys? I have a photographer for us." I said excitingly.
"Oh, is that girl our photographer." Jimin asked.
"Maybe."
"Namjoon, I said you didn't have to worry about it." Cho came into our conversation.
"Well did you find a photographer?"
"No. But you didn't need to do that."
"Look, it was that girl from the restaurant, I looked at the photos she took today and they were amazing. Just give her a chance."
"I don't know about this. I mean a fan being the photographer?"
"She wasn't even one of those fans who wanted to grab us or pull us. Trust me on this one, she is different."
"Alright Namjoon. I will trust you on this."
"Yes please trust me."

She wasn't like any of those fans at all. It's like she was only there to take pictures of us. Her pictures were so good too. They were so clear and the angles were perfect. I know that I am not making a mistake. Hye Mi is the perfect photographer.

 

*~*~*~*~
 

Hye Mi's P.O.V

We were all back at our hotel. I still didn't tell them about my opportunity because I didn't want to look stupid in public. We came in and they were waiting for me to say something.

"So what is the big secret?!" Kyungmi said as being her impatient self.
"Alright. So, Rap Mo- I mean Namjoon came up to me and asked to be their photographer for their jacket shoot."
"That's awesome! When are you going to start?"
"Probably-"

I got interrupted by my phone ringing in my hand. It was Namjoon. My eyes widened and all I could do was stare at the screen.

"ANSWER IT!" Both of my friends screamed at me.

I answered it right away and went outside the hotel room for peace and quiet. I could tell Kyungmi and Soo Hee were having their ears locked onto the door just so they could hear the conversation between the both of us.

"Hello?" I asked as I was speaking to Namjoon through the phone.
"Oh hey, great news. So I got the time, and can 10:35 A.M work for you?"

Seriously? I have to wake up that early tomorrow for a shoot. My friends and I were planning on going to a karaoke bar tonight but it's for BTS. I'm sure they can understand.

"Yeah that's fine. I'll be there with all my equipment and everything."
"Oh, we already have everything set up for you, don't worry about it. Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow at 10:35." Namjoon said and hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket and I danced around the hallway until I noticed that people walking by were staring at me weirdly. I opened the door and I could hear Kyungmi and Soo Hee screaming because I opened the door to hard, causing them to fall in the closet. I started laughing at the both of them, but they got out and we all started sitting down on the couch.

"So, how was your audition?" I asked Kyungmi.
"It was great. I tried my best. I think I impressed the judges. Hopefully I will get in. JYP is my dream company."
"I know you will."
"Why don't you audition, Hye Mi? You come from a family filled with musicians. You are naturally talented."
"No I'm not. I love photography and that's what I will keep doing. Now if you excuse me, I have to get ready for tomorrow's shoot." I said and got up and started packing a few of my stuff for tomorrow.

Yes it was true. I came from a family filled with musicians. My mom was a singer and dancer. My dad played three instruments; the guitar, bass, and drums. My older brother played the piano and saxophone. And then there was me. The only photographer in the family. I was really different from my family. I was the only one taking pictures while everyone else was playing their instruments. I hated it. My mom also forced me to take vocal lessons, dancing lessons, guitar, and the piano lessons. I hate all of it. I hated to show everyone the talents that I was forced to get. But I know taking pictures it the only natural talent I have, since I've loved doing it for a very long time.

...