In Korea

Just An Intern

As I came out of the airplane, I inhaled into the light and fresh air of Seoul, Korea. Yes. Finally this day came true. I've been wanting to go to Korea ever since I was 13 years old. Now I am currently 19, and just graduated high school. I am hoping to become an intern for photography, because I really love it and I am hoping to find one here in Korea. But for now, I just want to hang out with my friends and enjoy being here in Korea.

We grabbed our stuff in the plane. It was me, Hye Mi, my other friend, So Hee, who is actually 1 year older than me, and Kyungmi, my friend since middle school. We always planned on going to Korea since we were little because we loved it. We always love Korean culture and everything about it. Today was our day that we get to explore it for ourselves and I felt like today was going to be a wonderful day.

As we walked out the airport the sun light hit our faces. We were waiting outside for a taxi to bring us to our hotel. I couldn't wait for us to check in and just do whatever the heck we want. But you really want to know the real reason we were out here? Two words. Bangtan Boys. Yup. We loved them ever since the debuted with their first music video, No More Dream. It was actually more of me and Soo Hee that were into them. Kyungmi was into SHINee. We all had our favorites. Soo Hee was Jin, Kyungmi was Onew, and mine is Rap Monster. Yeah that was our ultimate biases. Soo Hee and I were on our way to a fan meeting tomorrow, while Kyungmi was going to try and audition for JYP. Yeah we had reasons to come to Korea, but like I said, my main reason was trying to become an intern for photography or camera work. It was going to be hard, but I knew it wasn't impossible. My friends didn't know what I was planning. I tried to keep it a secret.

 

*~*~*~*

Namjoon's P.O.V

Tomorrow was our fan meeting for the preview of our new album. We wanted to give fans a taste of our new album before we release it. Actually we are just showing the music, we have no photos or anything ever since our photographer went away. Sotomorrow we were just going to show out music to the fans and hopefully they like it. I was just with my band mates and our manager thinking about what we should do about a new photographer. We were talking about this because we were freaking out because we had no one to shoot our jacket shoot for our albums. As a leader, I thought I would take some responsibility into this.

"How about I find someone for us?" I suggested.

I really wanted to find someone, even though it would take a lot of work. I just wanted our shoot to get done a so we could complete our whole album even though it's just a mini album. The fans have been waiting for too long and I didn't want to keep them waiting just because we can't find a new photographer or camera person for us.

"It's ok, you don't have to do that Namjoon. I'm sure I will find someone in time for the release of the album. In the meanwhile, are you guys hungry?"
"Oh yeah! Let's go to aunties restaurant! And maybe we could practice while were at it!" My member, V suggested.
"Yeah come on guys." Our manager got up from his chair and we all followed him to Aunties restaurant.

The restaurant wasn't very far from our dorm. We came in and smelled the sweet smell of aunts cooking. It was very delicious. The sweet aroma of various meats, noodles, and even kimchi. I just really wanted to eat and then get practice over with just so I can start looking for a new photographer for us.

*~*~*~*~*


Hye Min's P.O.V

On our first day of being in Korea we did so many activities. We went to the karaoke room in the SM Store, and we even recorded ourselves as an audition. We also visited the other places like JYP and Cube. We had so much going back and forth and buying a bunch of kpop merchandise that I know my parents would scold me of buying too much. We were hungry so I suggested thy restaurant that BTS likes. Kyungmi and Soo Hee seemed convinced that the food was great so we our GPS and started following it. We didn't want to waste our money on a cab, and who said a little exercise wouldn't hurt?

*~*~*~*~*


As we walked into the restaurant, we smelled the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Korean food. It smelled so good that all we wanted to do was sit down and chug a whole bowl of hot stone bowl down. Also smelling the nice smell of Korean food being cooked, I also see a group of boys with an adult also. I told my friends to stop walking.

"Why did you stop?" Kyungmi asked me as she was shaking me.

I was too frozen to even tell her why I stopped walking so I just gave a little point at them. Soo Hee and Kyungmi's heads turned to face the table and there they saw. A group of seven boys. Familiar faces too.

"BTS?!" Soo Hee started to screams out loud.

I told her to shh or else they would stop eating, notice us, and leave.

"Well this is their favorite restaurant. That's the only reason why I wanted to come here."
"Let's go ask for their-"

I didn't hear Soo Hee's last words because I quickly walked to their table. As I walked up there, they all gave me weird faces.

"Annyeong-haseyo." I greeted them and bowed.

They all smiled at me and waved. Oh gosh. Their smile. Especially Rap Monster's but I shouldn't get to hypnotized by him, because I'm only here to ask about an internship. So what I did was that I went up to their manager who was sitting all they way at the end of the table. Right next to him was Rap Monster and I was trying so hard not to scream.

"Hi, are you BTS' manager?" I asked very politely.
"Why yes I am. I'm surprised a fan like you would go straight up to the manager."
"Well, do you think I can talk to you about something not BTS related?"
"Sure, this is a first for me."
He got up from his chair and we walked over to the other side of the room.
"So, I was wondering if you have an internships for camera work or photography I can do?" I asked politely, but I also felt very nervous.
"Well, this is not some trick to get close to BTS is it?"
"It's not don't worry. I'm really interested in being an intern for any type of camera work."

Namjoon's P.O.V

I wonder who that girl was that our manager was talking to. She is really cute. The way she dresses with her grey and white plaid flannel, wearing a white tank too shirt. Also with denim jeans, and red converse. Her hair was in a high bun but with curly piece of baby hairs sticking out. That image stuck in my head forever. She was just different than most of the girls I mostly see. I kept staring at her, not noticing the members were looking at me weirdly.

"Hyung." Jimin coughed out loud as he called me.
I turned back, snapped out.
"What do you want?"
"Why do you keep staring at the girl that manager is talking to?" 
"I wasn't staring at her, I was trying to listen to their conversation." I lied. I really didn't want the members to make fun of me. 
"I don't think so..." V said in a sing-song way. 
I rolled my eyes and just kept on eating.

Hye Mi's P.O.V

I bowed thanking the manager. Then I walked back to Soo Hee and Kyungmi who were waiting for me patiently.

"So what did you talk to him about?" Soo Hee asked me.

I gave out a loud sigh.

"Just if I can work for them. No big deal."
"So what?! Did you get the job?" Kyungmi started to freak.
"No..." I sadly turned my head down.
"Oh, well there will be many other job opportunities out there."
"I guess, let's just order and eat." I said and we all sat down at a table.

By the time our food came BTS went down to their dance studio. I'm guessing they were practicing for their new album. I was very bummed out about not getting the job, but it wouldn't stop me from finding more job opportunities out there for me.

...