Chapter Four

The Heirs

Kai's P.O.V

I sighed happily, feeling comfortable in the silence, between trees and bushes and flowers, accompanied by the high-pitched voices of birds. But not long after, my peace was destroyed.

 

I open my eyes irritatingly and got up from the lying position on the soft grass.

 

"This is a one of the most secluded areas in school, by now I have never meet a student here yet, I wonder who is that," I thought.

 

"Who is that, can you come out now?" I shouted. I heard footsteps scurried away, I was quick to turn and caught the girl's wrist. Gotcha!

 

I spun her around quite forcefully that she fell on me, and I instintively hugged her, tightly.

 

After seconds of awkwardness, she broke the hug and apologized to me. 

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you and just now.." Her voice trailed off.

 

"It's not your fault," I lifted up her chin and both of us screamed in unison, "YOU!"

 

"Isn't you the girl who saved by my friend?" I asked, recognizing her.

 

"Yes, and you're his friend," She answered wthout battling her eyelid.

 

This girl is cute! Haha, Luhan, I saw a competition here...

 

I leaned over to her ear and whispered,"You know what, you're beautiful and you're gonna be mine."

 

She was stunned and hurried away after my "creepy" statement.

 

I smirk and mumbled to myself,"This girl is really something, how can she make me feel what I've never feel before..."

 

Seohyun's P.O.V

I sighed in relief when I realised that guy was not following me. But what's his name though? Nevermind. It's not like I actually wanted a boy to pester me anyway. I am not really interested in guys you see, I just treat them as my friends and I never date before. 

 

I dismissed thoughts about boys when I heard the bells and quickly went to my next class. However, despite my speedy legs, I still failed to reach there on time.

 

"Seo Joo Hyun, how can you be late for such an important lesson, you know it's near exam already right?" Ms Kim crossed her arms and gave me a tongue-lashing.

 

I didn't dare to mutter a single word, it's my fault afterall and now I am delaying the other students. I bowed and sincerely apologized, "I am sorry teacher for coming late, I promise I wouldn't be like that again. And I am sorry classmates, for delaying your studies."

 

"It's good that you realised your mistakes but you know punishment is required after you made a mistake, right?" Ms. Kim said.

 

"Neh~" I replied. 

 

"Go outside and stand while holding the pail of water, if I see any single drop of water on the floor, your punishment will be double,"She said harshly.

 

Do I have any options? Today is not my day...

 

I raised the pail of water while standing up and students walked passed me let out gasps and gossips. They would react like that I know, I've never been late to a class before.

 

I wasn't really paying attention when I saw Luhan rushing in the class.

 

Oh dear, I have a strong feeling that he will end up like me but he can accompany him, that's at least happier. I silently smiled at the thought.

 

Things were just as expected. I heard Ms.Kim cold and sharp tone scolding him and he walked out of class with heavy steps.

 

"Hey~" I struck up a conversation as soon as he stepped out. He looked up to me and his expression showed that he was shocked.

 

"You're late too," Luhan pointed at me in disbelief. "Yes, blame me for my slow speed," I replied while stuck out my tongue. He chuckled.

 

"Why are you late?" I questioned although both of our position show how uncomfortable we were. I mean who will be comfortable raising a pail of water while standing up with the students' eyes stucked onto you.

 

"Same here, I just walk around and I was slow I guess and I was late," He answered. I nodded my head.

 

"Do you know that you look like the hulk?" He said after a momentary silence.

 

"What?" I raised my voice and glared at him.

 

"The way you raise the pail of water like you've got muscles like that," He teased.

 

"Hey Luhan, I am actually stronger than you think I am," I scoffed.

 

To show him, I put the pail of water down and punched him quite hardly on his stomach. He winced in pain.

 

"Serve you right!" I grinned at his reaction.

 

"Hey, it's really painful you know, I guess I can't overlook a girl's strength," Luhan said, still in pain.

 

And now I notice that the pail of water on his head fell too when I felt the water staining my shoes, and I saw Ms.Kim towering over us.

 

Oh Dear!