New

Friends, Foe or Forgiveness?

 

TOP’s pov.

 

“Omma, how have you been? I missed you, a lot.” Tears flowed down my cheeks as I spoke. She’s probably one of the women I’d shed tears for, at least for now.

 

“Yah, Seunghyun ah~ Come help me with this cleaning up! Aigoo, why are you even tearing? You’re a man! Wipe it off and come and help me dust the grave plate!”

“Yeh noona.” I replied. There she was, the second woman whom I’d tear for. She’s none other than my elder sister. Hye Yoon noona has always been strong, she was independent since young. Her lively and positive personality’s probably the source I get my smiles from. To be frank, we are direct opposites. That woman, I’ve never ever see her tear, not even once. She was always been the one supporting and encouraging me throughout my darkest moments in life.

 

Until the day Mum left us. I was traumatized. For the first time in my 19 years of living with her, she cried. Or rather, poured. She was totally devastated, tears can’t stop flowing and her heart can’t stop aching. Noona cried for two whole weeks, while I cried for one. Although we managed to get on with life, we lost everything; we are helpless without Mum’s presence. Our Dad went missing when we were young, and Mum brought us up with all her ability pulling through every obstacle determined to give us the best we could.  But I was never an obedient child, never. My grave mistake and disappointment I caused always hurt her deep. These two wonderful women in my life, not only had they taught me the meaning of live; they were my inspirations to strive for the better every time. It’s amazing how … *jerks* something hit my head.

 

“Choi Seunghyun! Didn’t I ask you over to help me?! Stop dazing and help!” Noona’s scream almost damaged my ear drums. That’s just so noona, the all pretty nice lady whom always orders me around. *pouts*

 

“ You done yet Seunghyun?” I nodded my head with confidence looking how spic spannish cleaned I’ve dusted the place. “Alright let’s go, say bye to omma. Omma annyeong! We’ll visit you again soon~” Noona spoke to the grave plate looking at Mum’s gorgeous photo with her beaming eyes. “Omma, saranghae. Annyeong.” I made my speech full of emotions when we before we left the cemetery with Noona hooking her arms around mine.

 

“Seunghyun ah, what do you wanna have for lunch?” Noona questioned me with a wide smile on her face the moment we stepped in the house. “Anything will do, I’m not hungry though.” I nonchalantly replied while switching on the teevee. “Alright then, I’ll cook spaghetti.” She grimaced. “Noooo! I dislike spaghetti. Change it please?” I voiced out. “Hmmm… how about jajjangmyeon?” noona grinned. “Eeeee, it’s so black and sticky, I don’t want it to dirty my handsome face.” I remarked. “How about some kimchi pancakes then?” she answered back, obviously pissed. “Nah, pancakes’ wont fill me up.” I rebutted. “Mr Choi, didn’t you say you aint hungry?! I asked for your opinions and all I get are just opposes against my decision. Cook for yourself young man, I’m eating out.” “Noona!!! Okay okay I’m sorry, I’m just indecisive, hmmmm can you cook ramen for me please please?” I hurriedly pleaded her with my *coughs* innocent looking eyes. “No changes?” she retorted. *shakes my head rapidly* Heaving a loud sigh, she asked me to get the table ready while she cooks out ramen. Delighted, I just did as was told. Ahhh, how can I ever survive without her? I thought to myself and smirked like an idiot.

 

“Ohhh~ Noona cooks the best ramen!” I exclaimed while feasting on the delicious pot of ramen which can’t be more tempting. Sometimes I really wonder why I act like a child in front of her; I’m a grown man for pete’s sake! “Seunghyun ah, do you know our neighbor next door?” I glanced at noona with a mouth full of noodles and shook my head. “Of course not, it’s only the third day we’ve just moved here, and moreover, I’m not interested in neighbours.” I grimaced while continuing feasting on the tasty ramen. Did I mention that I ain’t hungry earlier? Boy, i’m mad hungry I could devour a cow.

Silence enveloped us for the past five minutes while I was waiting for noona to continue.

 

“Seunghyun, you’re going to attend school from tomorrow onwards, I’ve already got a place for you at a nearby high school. And in order to keep you away from the loneliness, I’ve already asked for help from the family next door, their daughter will be attending the same school as you, so she’ll help you around in school, so in order to –.” I spat out my ramen instantly, every strand of noodle. I glared at her with an unbelievable expression on my face. “What?! Since when did I say I wanna attend school and heck! I don’t need any companion!” “You’re not going against me are you? All I’m doing is for your own good, you’re gonna attend school tomorrow by hook or by crook, I don’t care. Oh well,  as I was saying, I suggest that you could just go over to our neighbor and make friends with your new-to-be friend in order not to be out of place in school. Oh, and bring over to them the cookies I baked yesterday, be friendly alright?” she told me with an evil smile but demanding tone. “Are… are are you ing kidding?” I retorted, still dumbstruck. “What do you think?” she stared at me with her pierceful eyes. I bowed my head down and admitted defeat. Sigh, why is she my sister? “Okay, okay…I’ll head over later…” I grinned while trying to clear the mess I made over the kitchen table. “Good, and if you’re wondering, the lady’s name’s Park Bom. She’s a gorgeous lady, be polite to her alright?” “HER NAME IS A BOMB?!” I gasped with disbelief. “It’s B O M, Bom. Be good friends with her! Not insult her name! Get over to visit them now, go!” all I could do was just to nod and sigh in defeat.

 

Bom’s pov.

I’m not being a psycho or whatever, but I had been peeking on my new neighbor. Ever since my new came over for a greeting, I can’t seem to get our conversation out of my mind.

/two days ago/

“Bommie ah, can you help me get the door please?” Mum’s voice screeched through the house. *pouts* Just when I’m all prepared with my corn and my drama awaiting for me to finish them. “Coming~!” I ran down the stairs nibbling on my corn, wondering it who could it be since we seldom have visitors. “Annyeonghasaeyo~” a well-dressed lady greeted me as I reached for the door. I looked at her twitching my eyebrows, thinking very hard who she could be. “I’m your new neighbor whom just moved in, my name is Hye Yoon..” she initiated a handshake but I couldn’t response in time, still nibbling on my sweet corn. “Eh?Annyeong! Come on in!”

 

“Who’s at the door?” I heard omma’s voice from the kitchen. “It’s our new neighbor omma!” Omma rushed out of the kitchen leaving her half washed dishes. “Hello! Come on in! What’s your name? Did you move here alone? Would you like a drink? Or maybe some dessert? ~~~” And that’s how omma strikes a conversation, asking tons of questions while the other hasn’t enough time to response. So I just sat there listening to their conversation till I found out that I finished my corn wanted to reach for a new one in the kitchen, hye yoon unnie spoke: “Park Bom sshi, do you mind making friends with my younger brother?” surprised, I looked at her while waiting for her to continue. “Coincidentally, I just got my younger brother enrolled in the high school you’re studying now, and my brother of mine could be a worry at times, so I hope by getting him a companion will allow him to adapt better in his new school, what do you think? Is it fine for you?” I beamed; of course I wouldn’t turn away a new friend, would I? “How is his character like?” I answered, curious to know more. “He may seem to be emotionless and cold by his appearance, but in fact, he is really friendly and has a weird sense of humour if you’d know him better. He’s tall and good looking, seriously. Sometimes, I think my brother looks better than any other artists on tv. Even he’s name sounds good! Choi Seunghyun, a hot name huh? Haha.” Hye yoon unnie eagerly replied.

 

“Oh my god, I’m already interested to know more of him!” I blurted out unexpectedly and immediately covered my blushed face. Omma and unnie laughed, was I too direct? Our conversation continued as hye yoon unnie told more about her younger brother and about our first day of school. Geez, why am I getting excited knowing about this guy whom her sister praises a lot about?

 

/end of flashback/

I’ve been peeping at hye yoon unnie’s house for the past two days, and she is right, her younger brother is really tall! I couldn’t manage to see his face, but from afar, his body looks well-built and man, did I mention that he’s tall? He is tall! I love tall guys. Kekeke.

 

TOP’s pov.

 

“Noona, can I head over tonight? Or maybe tomorrow? I’m really really really tired right now.” I pouted as I was trying to avoid the need to head over my neighbour’s just to pass a jar of cookies. Heck?! I’ve got much better stuff to do! My day shouldn’t be ruined just because of a jar of cookies?!  Noona glared at me with that stern face of hers. “Tomorrow? You promise?” “Yes!! I promise!” I responded with much delight and joy knowing that my day ain’t gonna be ruined after all. She nodded; I jumped with glee around the living room like a three year old kid. “Anyway seunghyun, I’m heading out to the store front omma left for us. Wanna head along?” noona spoke as I can’t interpret what her facial expression is trying to say. “It’s around this area? Was that the reason why you wanted us to move here?” I questioned. Noona just nodded, and after which there was an awkward long silence…

 

“I’ve decided to turn the shop into a boutique, what do you think about that?” she suddenly faced and spoke to me. I’ve no idea why but I just nodded, hmmmm, was I mimicking what she was doing earlier? “It’s like a dream come true.” Noona spoke with a trembling voice and I saw a tear tracing down her cheeks. “Oh well, I should get going. Oh, and I will get a small gift for Park Bom sshi, heading over just to give a jar of cookies will just make you look stingy, for such a fine man like you gifting cookies? Aish, I’ll get going; I’ll buy dinner back, annyeong!”

 

Till now then she realizes that gifting cookies looks stupid? Aish, my sister’s an alien. *shakes head* Pumped up the speakers in the living room with my favourite music and slouched on the couch. Ah~ life’s great… For now.

 

Bom’s pov.

 

I heard the loud music coming from the Choi’s. Seunghyun sshi…likes loud music?