KyungSoo - 10

She's My First Love

"Dasom! Wait!" I shouted as I ran after her, but her legs seemed to have quicken their pace. Why was she running away from me? Was it embarassment? She knows that she doesn't need to be embarassed around me though. My adrenaline kicked in and I ran even faster to catch up to her, "Dasom! Wait! Don't run away like this!" I shouted once more time, this time she gave me a quick glance and vigourously shook her head, "don't follow me!" She turned forward, but lost her footing and fell onto the cement sidewalk with a yelp of pain. 

"Dasom!" I gasped in shock and ran over to her and kneeled down beside her. She held onto her ankle with a pained face, "it hurts," she whimpered. I gently touched her ankle, but she pushed my hand away leaving me dumbfounded, "Kyungsoo, why are you here?" She asked me with her strained voice. I looked at her longingly, "because I missed you." 

She shook her head with a frown, "Don't. Things have gone too far, you should've never been involved with me in the first place." She avoided my eyes and looked down at the ground, cracks carved into the cement here and there. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked. A long silence followed my unanswered question until she finally looked up at me, her eyes now glistening with tears. 

"I never meant for us to be like this, I never intended to even befriend you, or even anyone here..." 

"Why wouldn-"

"It just all happened so fast," She continued cutting me off, "do you know why there are so many rumors about my family moving from house to house?" She wiped away the tears that had fallen down to her cheeks and took a deep breath.

"My family went bankrupt about 8 years ago when my dad was caught stealing money from his friend's company. He got sentenced for 5 years in prison, he could've been setenced for 10, but he had no criminal background. During those 5 years, my mom and I were on our own in a little motel. My mom ended up taking a second job while I tried my best to help her by doing all the chores and studying. She didn't want me taking up a job saying that I was too young and too frail, we barely had enough food to eat after all."

"Overtime we got used to the way our life became and everything didn't seem so hard anymore, but then thats when my dad got released from jail. I really hated him, I really believed that he was to blame for all our hardships, but my mom said that it was just a mistake and that we could rebuild our family again. She was wrong. We did move into a better house and our family gradually went back to normal, though I still detested my father. However, everything just started tumbling down again. I came home from school one day to find my parents furiously arguing, physically."

"My mom was throwing plates and glass cups towards my dad while he tried to dodge it and grab a hold onto her arm. He yelled at her for being a wench and smacked her across her face. My first instinct was to scream in fright, and so I did, my parents stopped and looked at me expressionless...speechless. It was that day when I knew that there was no turning back, my parents would never be the same again. My mom lashes out on me with her abuse, saying that everything was my fault, if I had just accepted my father then she wouldn't be so miserable. My dad on the other hand became a reckless alcoholic, talking vulgarly and hitting everything in sight whenever he had a big dose of alcohol in his body." 

"We moved houses because the neighbors reported to the police that we were a disturbance, and guess what? We kept moving again and again for the same reason, adding onto the fact that my dad was unstable with his job, we were gradually losing money again and he didn't even notice or care." 

My eyebrows furrowed together in fustration as she told me her family story, how her family had self-distructed. I had no idea she had it like this, I always thought that she had strict parents who just wanted to her stay away from boys and study study study. It wasn't like that at all. I looked at her from head to toe, now realising that she wasn't the carefree and radiant girl that I have always perceived her to be.  Her short sleeve shirt bared her slender arms, purple bruises were marked on it here and there. Her pink cheeks were scarred with little scratches and her legs had healing wounds sprawled all over it.

Ever so softly, I grazed my finger tip over a dark blue bruise on her shin, "did they do this to you?" I asked her. 

She looked at me with her lifeless eyes, and slowly nodded her head, "See how ugly I am?"  

I winced at her own insult, hurt that she could even say something like that. "No," I urged, "you are not ugly ok? All of this just shows how strong you are, to be able to withstand your parent's abuse. To be able to force yourself to smile, you've done so well to the point that even I have been fooled. Can't you see? You're so beautiful, so beautiful that you leave me speechless every single day. There isn't even a word out there that can explain how much you mean to me! So please, don't even think for one second that you're ugly, because you aren't and you never will be." 

I pulled Dasom into my arms and her hair, it was then that she started crying, harder and harder.

"Why?!" She sobbed, "Why is everything like this? Why is everything so unfair?!" Her hot tears began to stain my shirt, but I didn't care becuase I found myself asking that same question, I found myself tearing up with her, and I found myself falling deeper in love with her. 

 


 

"Does it still hurt?" I asked Dasom as she messaged her previously sprained ankle, "I'ts fine, I think I can handle this." 

We were both sitting on a bus bench a few yards away from her house. It was around 8pm now, I leaned my head back to look up at the dark sky that was now glowing above us with it's bright stars. 

"Kyungsoo," Dasom said, "I think I need to go home now." I turned to look at her, a bit doubtful, "Are you sure? What about your parents?"

She shrugged like it was nothing, "They'll be mad, but if it'll only be worse if I come home even later." She stood up and I quickly helped her when I noticed she had to lean more on her right leg. "Do you want me to walk you home?" I asked. 

She shook her head with a smile, "I'll be ok, my parents should see you anyway." She slowly started walked ahead, limping a little bit with a wince each time. I stood rooted to my spot, watching her with anticipationg. If she says she can do it, then she can do it. From far away, I can see her open the door to her house and before she went in, she turned to look back at me one more time.

 


 

"You did what?!" Luhan exclaimed out loud, "Yah, don't you think you're being a bit too much?" 

"Too much? What do you mean? I just missed her, thats all." I tried to reason with him, but he was still convinced that I was crazy. I had invited Luhan hyung over for lunch at my house, and in the midst of our conversation, I had told him what happened last night. 

"To be honest, I feel like you're kind of obsessed with Dasom. I mean who on earth runs all the way to a girl's house just because he randomly misses her? In the middle of the night too." Luhan stated as he took another slurp of his tofu soup. I opened my mouth to object, but for some reason, it didn't come out. Was I really obsessed with her? I leaned down against my chair, questioning myself over and over again. 

Luhan hyung either read my mind or my facial expression was just too obvious, "You are obsessed with her, just admit it." I sat back up, now feeling a bit worried, "But hyung, I don't want to seem like some creepy stalker, I'm not.." 

Luhan stopped eating and wiped his mouth with a piece of napkin, "Ok, I'm just exaggerating, you're not obsessed, but do you get what I'm trying to tell you? You're getting overly attached with her and that's not good." 

"Then what do I do now hyung?" I asked him. He folded his arms across his chest and looked at me a bit anxious, "well, I think you should stop talking to her."

"WHAT?!" I jumped up from my seat outraged, "I can't just stop talking to her! That's impossible!" 

"No, I don't mean perminently, I'm talking about just don't talk to her for a few days, let your emotions settle down. I mean you don't want to suffocate the poor girl do you? Everytime I see you, you're always on the phone either texting or calling her. If its not the phone, then I see you guys out or at school stuck with each other almost like glue." Luhan stated the harsh truth, but he was right. Now that I had thought about it, we always were with each other, what if I do end up being a bother and burden to her? I wouldn't want to lose her just because I couldn't control my feelings. 

"Alright hyung, I won't talk to her for a whole week."

 


A/N: Hi guys! How has your summer been so far??!! Mine has been busy, but quite lazy lol. IT'S GREAT ^^ I hope you like this chapter update :)

Read, subscribe, comment, and enjoy :)