Ripped Jeans

Writer's Bloopers

* * *

 

Description: Yongguk thinks Himchan’s ripped jeans are not ripped enough.

 

* * *

 

It all started the way everything in the BAP dorm did – with an idiotic idea from Daehyun and Youngjae’s insistent defense of the said stupidity.

 

“You’re an idol now! You should dress like an idol!”

 

Only a few months separated them from their debut, as Himchan knew very well – he had a permanent nervous knot in his belly to remind him. But he did NOT know what on Mato a pair of ridiculously skinny bright red flower-patterned ripped jeans had to do with anything. As if it would prove his point, Youngjae waved the said jeans in Himchan’s face. Behind him Daehyun chuckled, glad he’d made Youngjae do his evil bidding.

 

“Aish, aish, seriously!!!” protested Himchan, backing away from the pants as though they were radioactive. ”My face hasn’t even been revealed yet! Reporters don’t even know who we are yet! So why on Mato-”

 

“It’s not about the public. It’s about you. It’s about psychology,” aided Daehyun, saying the last word like a sacred chant. He stepped forward, hands clutched together in from of him as though he was actually concerned about Himchan. It was an act, of course, but a damn good one. “It’s about doing your best to look good at all times. It’s about acquiring new habits, idol habits, and adopting new mental attitudes…”

 

Exactly what Daehyun was blabbering about, Himchan couldn’t later recall. No doubt Daehyun didn’t know either. Still, the next thing Himchan knew, he was obediently accepting the ridiculous pants and starting to change without complaints.

 

“Yah, he’s just going for some ramyun to the store down the street, why are you being such goddamn girls?” shouted Yongguk from the living room over the screams and shouts from the TV.

 

“But,” retorted Youngjae, eyeing Yongguk incredulously, “he was just about to do outside, wearing that thing again-!”

 

“YAH! I can hear you, you know!”

 

At Himchan’s outburst, the entire dorm exploded into chuckles. Admittedly, Himchan felt a little hurt. After all, it was his favourite comfy brown tracksuit that Youngjae was making fun of.

 

Still sulky, Himchan observed the clothes he’d been given. The tiny jeans didn’t look as though they’d fit anyone but a very hungry child. Still, Himchan pulled and pulled and pulled until he finally managed to squeeze himself into them.

 

After his cosy tracksuit, the skinny jeans were pure torture. Every inch of his lower body was being squeezed, his shins, his thighs, his crotch, his . Moreover, the fabric was so extremely thin, he felt practically .

 

“Zelo. Wants. Ramyun.” said a monotone voice. Himchan didn’t need to see the robot-like maknae to know he was pouting his puffy little lips right now.

 

“YAH HIMCHAN!” called Yongguk. “Will you hurry up and get some goddamn ramyun already??”

 

Everyone knew Yongguk had a soft spot for the maknae. For some reason, Himchan didn’t find that cute at all. Something icy seeped into him with every adorable exchange between the warrior-leader and the curly little blonde.

 

“I-I don’t think this fits!” shouted Himchan. “See? It’s too sma-”

 

Some playful fighting had been going on in the living room, but when Himchan entered, everything stopped. Daehyun was caught mid-sentence, no doubt trying to brainwash another unfortunate victim. Youngjae had his fist in mid-air, halfway to Youngguk’s shoulder, and Youngguk had a foot raised to kick Youngjae in the stomach. Like time had suddenly frozen, no one moved a muscle.

 

After a few seconds, some incoherent murmur erupted everywhere.

 

“Um, Himchan…”

 

“…Yeah, errr…”

 

“Maybe… I mean…”

 

“Aish, that’s… nice, I… yeah…uh…”

 

Frankly, Himchan understood nothing. He didn’t get Youngjae’s strange, dark look, Daehyun’s open staring, or Jongup’s blush. He didn’t even see when their underage maknae hid his baby face in the pillows on the couch, sensing he was seeing something inappropriate.

 

One thing Himchan did see was Youngguk’s disgusted glare.

 

“I can’t believe Daehyun managed to put you to up to this. Ugh.”

 

“Well, it’s not that bad, I mean, you know,” tried Jongup tentatively. He was met with nods and approval from all sides... except Yougguk’s. “Just- just wear it. Wear such, uh, interesting clothes. Yeah. From now on.”

 

“…What?” asked Himchan – he was completely and utterly lost now. “What’s going on he-”

 

“Aish! Just bring us some stupid ramyun, idiot!!!” roared Yongguk, suddenly jumping up from the cough, grabbing Himchan’s shoulder and pulling him all the way to the door. Roughly, he jerked the door open and flung a shocked Himchan outside. Second later a soft click indicated the door’s been locked, keys ringing angrily.

 

Yongguk did look scary sometimes, but what Himchan’s learned over their training years was that Yongguk was never really violent.

 

Until now, Himchan thought, wincing at the shot of pain piercing his shoulder every time he moved. What the hell’s gotten into him?!

 

As soon as he locked the door, Yongguk rushed into the bathroom, and made sure to lock it twice. If he could, he's lock it thrice, or even more. Inhaling a sharp, strained sigh, he hastily ped his pants, remembering at the last moment to let water run from the sink and the shower. Wouldn’t do, to let dongsaengs hear anything… Aish, damn you. Damn you, Himchan!

* * *

Author's Unnecessary and Unrelated Note: Totally lovin Infinite's comeback with Last Romeo and finally watching MBLAQ's Hello Baby.

Vacation, I love you.