Ch2 (Jingyeom)

Glue

They didn’t have to get together to decide not to talk about what had happened, it just simply didn’t come up.  Jaebum was back to his usual self, and that was enough for most of them to forget why it was the case.  They forgot about the incident entirely and returned to practice for a week before it happened again.

 

The choreography for their title track wasn’t set in stone yet, and their instructor was expecting to be able to have three people doing the tricking, it was just that Yugyeom hadn’t been practicing.  He’d been skipping out on it for over a year.  And before that he’d gone down to only performing tricks with the spotter right next to him.  The pressure to start back up was mounting, and they could all tell he was terrified, so Jinyoung negotiated with the trainer that he would stay behind to spot Yugyeom after practice.

 

Jinyoung hadn’t had time to learn the martial arts tricking, and to be quite honest he was pretty pathetic at what he had learned, but he had learned how to spot.  Their trainers couldn’t always be there during practice, and he picked up the dances quickly so he could afford the time out of formation spotting the other boys as they flipped through the air. 

 

As practice wore on Yugyeom got more and more tense until he was messing up the choreography he’d had down for weeks.  Jinyoung had stopped him at the end of the song and whispered into his ear before kissing his cheek, his hand patting Yugyeom’s shoulder as the rest of them stared, a couple glances shot back to Jaebum.

 

The leader seemed unaffected and he quickly rounded them back up to start again, this time Yugyeom was on point once more and they all relaxed.  At the end of practice Jinyoung and Yugyeom ushered them all out and cleaned the floor once more to make sure that no sweat or dirt on the floor made Yugyeom slip going into any tricks. 

 

Finally as they stared at the spotless floor Yugyeom turned to look at Jinyoung with tears in his eyes.  “Hyung, I’m scared,” he mumbled softly.

 

Jinyoung turned and wiped the tears from Yugyeom’s cheeks gently, “I know, that’s why we’re doing it now.  What did I say?”

 

Yugyeom sniffed softly, “You said you’d catch me.”

 

“And I will,” Jinyoung smiled and kissed his cheek again, running his fingers through Yugyeom’s hair.  “We all will, that’s why you have six of us, so someone is always there, right?”

 

Yugyeom nodded and reached up to hold onto Jinyoung’s arm as he wiped his eyes with the other.

 

“We won’t do any of the big ones, just the small flips tonight, okay?  I’m going to tell him you’re not ready yet, okay?  It doesn’t matter how you do.  You won’t be ready to do this on stage, so I’m saying no.  Jaebum Hyung will back me up, and I’ll fix their choreography so they can’t complain.”

 

Yugyeom stared at Jinyoung uncertainly and then looked back to the floor, “So then… why are we here…?”

 

Jinyoung smiled, “To make the trainer happy.  Besides, you’ll get back to where you were, might as well start today.”

 

Yugyeom nodded a little and smiled tentatively, “Okay.  And you’ll spot me the whole time…?”

 

“I’ll catch you Yugyeommie,” he assured him, eyes crinkling with his smile. 

 

There wasn’t much that was more comforting than Jinyoung’s smile so Yugyeom nodded and they went to work.  They did only the most basic flips, the ones that Yugyeom had mastered the first week of working on them and Jinyoung was right beside him the whole time, touching gently here or there to correct his posture or form, but he never once had to catch him.

 

When they got home Jinyoung took him to his room so they wouldn’t wake Bambam and as they laid down Yugyeom tried to decide if he was sad or not that nothing ual had happened.  Then Jinyoung’s arm s around his middle and his plush lips were pressed against his shoulder in a sleepy kiss and Yugyeom realized he couldn’t be sad at all. 

 

He turned around in Jinyoung’s arms and was surprised to find that the older was not as sleepy as he had seemed, his big eyes squinting with his smile.  “Hyung, I don’t want-“

 

Jinyoung cut him off with a soft kiss on the lips.

 

“…to interrupt anything… with Jaebum Hyung…” he finished lamely when the older pulled back, his cheeks a bright red.

 

“I love you all,” Jinyoung answered simply and gave him another soft peck on the lips before he pulled Yugyeom in closer.

 

The youngest nodded uncertainly and let his head rest on Jinyoung’s shoulder, inhaling deeply as he let sleep take hold of him.