Ch1 (JJProject)

Glue

Jinyoung wasn’t the type you gravitated to initially.  He wasn’t as loud as Jackson, as charismatic as Jaebum, as attractive as Mark, as talented as Youngjae, as cute as Bambam, or even as likable as Yugyeom.  Instead he was the type of person that people came to when they were done with the other fun things.  You came to Jinyoung to relax in one way or another, and he knew that.  It had always been like that for him.  So he had always taken more secondary roles within groups.

 

When he and Jaebum were paired up for JJ Project he was immediately worried about it.  He didn’t make a good only friend, people got bored with him.  Not to mention the wedge it had created between him and the other boys they were supposed to be debuting with later on. 

 

When the stress got to be too much Jinyoung would let Jaebum have alone time even though it killed him to sit in his room wondering about his hyung.  When they were given cameras to carry around everywhere for MTV he filled in Jaebum’s gaps.  He talked incessantly so that Jaebum wouldn’t have to.  He spent whole car rides babbling on and on so that Jaebum could sleep. 

 

He knew the only reason he had been picked to be in the group with Jaebum was that his name was famous.  It was a nice gimmick for the group to be two people who had famous names.  Therefore he was determined to make sure that the other boys were never under the impression that he thought he was better than them. 

 

Whenever they were in the practice room he went out of his way to make sure things never got awkward.  He spent as much energy keeping connected with them as he spent on practice itself.  When he and Jaebum where alone he spent the rest of his energy on the older boy.  He cuddled up to him and , gave him aegyo when he needed a pick me up and when he was too tired he left him alone.

 

It was a shock to everyone at the company how well the group of boys handled the transition from all being trainees to having two with activities.  They chocked it up to the fact that they knew they were all going to debut eventually, but the boys knew better.  They knew it had most to do a certain oblivious member they affectionately started calling Umma.

 

When JJ Project’s activities finally ended and they began to practice the songs they were going to debut with as Got7 the relief among them was palpable.  They settled into practice like they had been together the whole time, which for the most part they had been.  It wasn’t until Youngjae came and it became clear that Jaebum was taking on the leader role once again that the stress started to mount once more. 

 

Jinyoung directed traffic away from Jaebum when he knew the older needed the time to himself, and let the others know when he was ready to be around them again.  All of the extra time he had spent with Jaebum probably made it obvious that the leader would be the first who he invited into his bedroom.  Jinyoung was not secretive about it either.

 

Jaebum had collapsed to the floor in exhaustion somewhere around ten at night and they had all taken it as permission to give into their own tiredness.  The rest of them all sat where they were in formation except for Jinyoung.  Somehow he was still bright eyed while the rest of them were trying to keep enough focus to stay awake, even though Yugyeom and Bambam were trying to pretend they could keep dancing for hours. 

 

The leader dropped his head into his hands and just as he looked like he was about to work himself into a fit Jinyoung dropped down in front of him.  The younger kneeled between his knees and picked Jaebum’s head up from his hands with a smile.

 

“Hyung…  You’re too stressed, don’t worry, okay?  I’ll help you tonight, okay Hyung?” Jinyoung pat Jaebum’s cheek gently, voice sweet as he leaned in to give him a soft kiss on the lips.

 

The rest of them watched the exchange uncertainly, scrutinizing Jaebum’s face for recognition of a familiar occurrence and when they didn’t find it their gazes followed Jinyoung as he went to get a bottle of water. 

 

Jaebum followed Jinyoung with them, confusion etching over his face, but he was so exhausted he didn’t feel like delving into it.  He reached out for the water after Jinyoung and took a swig with a sigh before he lay back onto the practice room floor.

 

Jinyoung smiled back at Jaebum and leaned down to kiss his forehead lovingly before he stood again, “Let’s get packed up for today.”

 

Jackson helped him clean the floor as the other boys packed up their things and another two cleaned the mirrors.  They had done a sloppy job, but none of them cared as they dragged themselves from the room to head home.

 

They ate in the van on the way home and as soon as they got inside Jinyoung took Jaebum’s hand and lead him back into his bedroom.  They were all exhausted, but instead of heading back to their rooms they all silently agreed to watch a movie.  The movie was too loud to hear anything from the other room and they were all too embarrassed to say that was why they were out in the living room so no one made any moves to fix the problem until twenty minutes in.

 

“That action scene was really loud, huh?” Yugyeom mumbled, staring straight ahead, his posture tense until they one by one agreed with him, Jackson finally moving to turn the volume down.  The next few minutes were silent and their slight disappointment was evident in the way Bambam sighed and slumped to the side.

 

“What was that?” Youngjae whispered, and Mark was about to turn and tell him to shut up because he hadn’t heard anything but then it came again.

 

A soft moan from Jinyoung’s room.

 

Jackson muted the movie and they all sat back up.

 

“Was that—“ Bambam was cut off by Mark’s hand clamping over his mouth as another moan sounded through the wall.

 

The sounded suspiciously like Jaebum, and suspiciously like he was Jinyoung’s name.

 

After they’d been listening to the quiet moans for about ten minutes Jackson let out a heavy sigh and tossed the pillow in his lap at Bambam’s head, “Quit moving around,” he hissed.

 

Bambam pulled the pillow into his own lap to hide the tent in his pants and curled down over top of it in embarrassment, his cheeks burning bright.  He wasn’t alone, all five of them were in various states of arousal, and when Jaebum let out a loud choked moan from the other room with a thunk on the wall they collectively shuddered.

 

Mark was the first to move, darting into the bathroom before any of them could react.

 

“ you, Mark!” Jackson called out, quite loudly, and immediately realized what he’d done, covering his mouth with a quiet ‘’.

 

Youngjae scrambled off of the floor and into his own room, closely followed by Yugyeom in his respective room.

 

Jackson threw the controller at Bambam and when the younger let out a desperate whine, turning those large eyes on him Jackson cursed again and gave him an apologetic expression, bowing his head as he darted down the hallway to his and Mark’s room.

 

Jaebum came out into the room minutes later where Bambam was still frozen with fear and arousal.

 

“What the hell is going on out here?  Are Jackson and Mark Hyung fighting?” Jaebum demanded, looking ily mussed, the flush still on his cheeks.

 

Bambam stared at him, just stared, he couldn’t function.  He couldn’t answer, not knowing what Jaebum had just been doing and /god/ his voice was so low and warm and Bambam had lost the ability to speak at all he thought.

 

“Bambam!” Jaebum chastised softly, “What’s happening?”

 

“U-uh, we were, uh, movie,” he pointed to the TV, which was rolling credits, and muted and cursed his luck, “And bathroom…  Mark Hyung, he got to the bathroom first, uh, Jackson Hyung had to pee.”  He nodded, satisfied with his own lie.

 

Jaebum looked over to the TV and back to Bambam, and then decided not to press it, “You should go to bed, it’s late.”

 

Bambam nodded quickly, “Yeah, of course Hyung.  U-uh, I’ll turn off the TV, you just g-go back to bed.” 

 

Again Jaebum stared at him for a moment before deciding it wasn’t worth it and turning around to go back into Jinyoung’s room.

 

The last thing Bambam heard before he awkwardly waddled back to his room was Jinyoung’s soft infectious laughter.