02

Queenka's Guide To Popularity

Chanyeol arrived at the said café 10 minutes earlier than he’s supposed to and now he regrets it. There was no one else around in this place but two old ahjusshi’s sitting in the far end and the weird cashier girl who kept looking at him.

He took out a book from his backpack and continued reading to where he left off. He has about to finish the book he was reading when he thought of checking the time once again. He found out that Seri was now thirty minutes late. Chanyeol wondered whether she was in some kind of trouble, or Seri have finally decided to ditch him. Chanyeol shrugged the thought off and hoped that it wasn’t the latter, and he wasn’t wrong because just a few minutes after that, he saw Seri park her car in front of the shop.

Seri hopped out of her car wearing a snapback hat and big shades to cover up her face just in case someone from school passes by and notice her. She grabbed her tote bag, locked her car and ran towards the shop where she found a sleepy-nerd looking Chanyeol waiting for her.

Seri made a mental note to herself that she has to do something about this droopy look of Chanyeol. Maybe a trip to the salon would help fix that problem up.

 

Seri sat in the table where Chanyeol was sitting, and apologized to him. “I’m sorry it took me long to come here, I was even the one who picked the time but I’m late.” Seri apologized.

“It’s fine. I didn’t wait that long, I came in a bit late too. Don’t worry.” Chanyeol lied to make her feel better.

“So what would you like to have? I’ll pay.” Chanyeol offered.

“Caramel Machiatto latte for me.” She told him.

Chanyeol stood up and walked towards the counter to order food and drinks for the both of you. “One caramel macchiato and one Americano please.” Chanyeol dictated. “Is that all sir? Would you like to order some pastries as well?” the cashier lady asked.

“Oh, please add a slice of strawberry cake and a clubhouse sandwhich.” Chanyeol chose and smiled.

“May I know your name sir?” she asked. “Chanyeol.” He said.

“Are you perhaps that idol member named Chanyeol?” the lady asked.

“Aniyo, you’ve got the wrong guy.” Chanyeol said and laughed.

“If not, then are you possibly related to that reporter miss Park Yura then, her brother is Park Chanyeol.” the cashier lady pointed out.

“I’m not any of them. I’m just the plain Chanyeol, without any connections and whom nobody actually knows.” Chanyeol explained and at the same time he noticed the cashier lady frowned.

“I’m sorry about that, its just that the girl with you. She’s Choi Seri right? That’s why I assumed.” The cashier lady explained.

Feeling somewhat embarrassed with his weird encounter, Chanyeol went back to his seat and found an amused Seri.

“It seems to me that that cashier girl is interested in you. Who knew some people would be interested in nerds?” Seri said.

“That’s because, being a nerd is also interesting. Some people just don’t know that we are.” Chanyeol pointed out.

“How about let’s not change you then?” Seri suggested.

“Yah! You said you’d help me out in this!” Chanyeol eyes widened like a lost puppy. In that moment the food and drinks were finally served at the table.

Seri was surprised to see strawberry cake in front of her and Chanyeol seemed to notice her surprise also. “I thought you like strawberry cakes? You don’t like it?” Chanyeol asked. “I like it, but how did you know?” Seri asked. “I just know. I’m a nerd remember? Nerds know a lot of things.” Chanyeol pointed out. Seri was suriprsed that Chanyeol knew she likes eating strawberry cakes, cause even her own boyfriend didn’t seem to have time to bother knowing about this little info.

“Park Chanyeol, why are you so eager to be popular anyway? “ Seri asked.

“Let’s see, there are so many reasons to be honest." Chanyeol said and Seri signaled for him to go on.  "First, I like people to like me. Second, I want people to know me not as Chanyeol the giant nerd but the real me Park Chanyeol. Third, I want to look cool to that specific someone, so that she might like me back.” Chanyeol confessed and blushed.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Mission # 1 – Do a major makeover

(Popularity is about dressing well and looking good in front of other people. If you look boring, people will most likely avoid you. I suggest a makeover is a must!)

 

Chanyeol was now sitting anxiously in a chair somewhere in Gangnam, while the hairstylist was busy chopping most of his hair off. Chanyeol felt like his kid self again, being dragged to the barbers shop to cut his hair short. The next thing he knew was his hair was already being turned into another color. He was freaking out deep inside to the sudden changes people are giving him, but he tries to stay calm because he knew that Seri knows what she’s doing.

After coloring his now short hair, Seri dragged him out if the salon and drove to the nearest shopping mall.

It was the first time Chanyeol stepped into a huge shopping mall and he was in awe. Chanyeol usually just buys clothes anywhere he is familiar, he never felt the need to waste time and effort in picking his clothes.

The clothes in the mall were neatly arranged and displayed in the shop windows, making it look pretty and easier for people to choose clothes. They entered one boutique that sells male clothing and Seri immediately went on battle mode commanding the sales lady which clothes to bring out and what not to.

“I need clothes that would make him look cool and edgy, something that gives a masculine vibe would be good, and please avoid cardigans and things that may make him look geeky.” Seri requested.

The Seri together with the sales lady were busy looking clothes from the racks while Chanyeol just sat there and waited until he was handed a bundle of clothes to try on. The black leather jacket caught his eye, and admitted that it looked good, he checked its price tag and was shocked to see how much it costs. Chanyeol rushed out of the fitting room and complained.

“Yah! This is so expensive! I can’t possibly buy clothes like these!” Chanyeol said. “I am not trying it on.” Chanyeol added.

“We’ll buy cheaper clothes next time, I will be the one paying for now. So stop whining and just try it on.” Seri commanded and pushed Chanyeol back inside the fitting room.

Chanyeol first tried on a white pair of shorts and a red button up top, and instead of making him look good with that outfit he looked like one of Santa’s tall elves. It was hideous.

He tried on a black loose sleevless top paired with ripped denim jeans, and Seri admitted he looked cool on those clothes.

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:ivydianecai:Desktop:chanyeol8.jpg

 

But he cant possibly wear an outfit like that to school, so Seri shook her head once again and asked Chanyeol to try another set of clothes.

Chanyeol came out from the fitting room once again and this time Seri gave a satisfied look.

 

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:ivydianecai:Desktop:tumblr_m3s0ygNWEZ1r0kz4ho1_500.png

 

“That look is perfect.” She said. “I love how the blazer compliments his shoulders and his height.” She told the sales lady.

“It’s the latest design that came in from New York just yesterday.” The sales lady explained.

While the two were chatting about clothes, Chanyeol noticed Tiffany and Jessica entering the store that they were in. The two girls cannot see Seri together with him or else rumors will spread and the plan would be ruined. Chanyeol contemplated for a second whether to stall the two girls from seeing Seri or just hide her. In the end he ended up doing the second one. He quickly grabbed Seri’s hand and dragged her with him into one of the fitting rooms.

“Yah! What the hell are you doing?” Seri punched Chanyeol in his arm.

“Your friends are here.” Chanyeol mentioned.

“How can they possibly be here when this is a shop for males?” Seri asked.

“Don’t ask me. I don’t know.” Chanyeol said.

“You didn’t tell anyone about this did you?” Seri asked as she eyed Chanyeol suspiciously.

“Of course not. I was shocked too you know!” Chanyeol defended.

Chanyeol suddenly placed a hand on Seri mouth signaling her to be quiet and Chanyeol was right, because she can suddenly hear the voices of her friends getting nearer and nearer.

“Yah Tiffany, you know what? I think I just saw Seri in this store earlier isn’t that strange?” Jessica mentioned.

“Really? I didn’t see her. I think you just saw the wrong person. Didn’t she say she was sick?” Tiffany asked.

“Is that the reason why you dragged me to this place?” Tiffany added.

“Aniyo, I plan on buying something for my boyfriend.” Jessica defended.

“Alright. Let’s just take a quick loom around the shop and leave.” Tiffany suggested.

Seri heaved a loud sigh and Chanyeol laughed after hearing it.

“What’s funny?” Seri asked.

“The way you sigh, its cute.”Chanyeol teased.

“Yah!” Seri warned and turned around to face Chanyeol. She noticed for the first time that even though Chanyeol was a dork, he was handsome. Especially now that his hair was cut short and his face could be visibly seen. Realizing how close their bodies and faces were to each other Seri blushed and pushed him away.

“I think they’re out of the store. Lets pay for these clothes and show you the final results.” Seri said.

"Oh, and can you not wear these glasses anymore? They are so tacky." Seri scolded and removed the glasses away from his face.

 

After bringing Chanyeol back to the salon for his finishing touches, and after he wore those fabulous expensive clothes Seri bought for him, he officially became a hottie that Seri herself would approve of dating. Seri is sure that by the time he goes to school on Monday everything in his life would be changing.

 

Mission 1 in Making Chanyeol popular? Check!

 

 


Author's Note:

Hi! Sorry for not updating for so long. I've been busy :(

I hope you like this chapter ^^

Chanyeol is now officially hot. Not that he was not handsome before.. but he's hot. haha.

Please anticipate the next chapter! Because its not over yet! there are still lots of things to improve for him to be popular! :D

Pls comment comment comment below if u have any reactions or suggestions for the story XD

Thank you for reading!~~