03

Queenka's Guide To Popularity

The next day, Chanyeol came to school wearing the clothes Seri chose for him and indeed she was right. Chanyeol looked extremely different when he entered the school. Instead of girls bumping and ignoring him, the girls gave way in the hallway and their eyes looking at him surprised. Girls were giggling and whispering to each other wondering who that “hottie” model-like guy was.

“That’s Park Chanyeol.” One girl said. “The nerd?” the other one added. “He definitely does not look like a nerd to me.” Another girl butted in.

Chanyeol was feeling happy at the same time shy that a lot of eyes were at him, he was not used to being looked at and right now he was feeling very self conscious. He wanted Seri to be around to give him a thumbs up, but she wasn’t anywhere at school. The person that came to him to tell him he looked good today was not Seri but instead the “ahjumma” school nurse.

Chanyeol entered the classroom, and there he found his best friend Baekhyun smirking at him, but Choi Seri wasn’t there as well.

“Yah what is up with that makeover? Did you perhaps manage to convince Seri to help you?” Baekhyun whispered to Chanyeol, when Chanyeol sat in front of him. Chanyeol didn’t answer the question and just smirked. “What do you think about my outfit?” Chanyeol asked.

“It is something Seri’s boyfriend would wear, but I have to say it looks good on you man.” Baekhyun complimented.

 

The teacher arrived and quickly proceeded with her lecture without bothering to take attendance. She taught her lesson without caring who were listening and taking notes of her lecture. Though it was obvious that she knows that there were a few absentees. Choi Seri and her boyfriend Kim Suho who were sitting in the middle of the classroom were obviously missing, but the teacher did not even bother asking where they went or why they were missing. It was obvious that because they both came from chaebol families, the school and the faculty were not able to do control because the parents might only complain more and thus ruin their reputation, it can be easily seen that everything in this school revolves around power and wealth. So unlike the rich students, Chanyeol and the rest of the regular or average students took notes and listened to the teacher’s every word very well.

 

It was already lunch break when Chanyeol saw Seri. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were lining up to grab their lunch, when Seri suddenly stood beside Chanyeol. “I see you’ve done you took note of the pointers I gave you last time.” She said and gave a satisfied look to Chanyeol and went back to her lunch table with Kim Suho. She gave Kim Suho a peck on the cheek and continued on conversign with the others.

 

Seeing Seri happily chatting away with her back him, Chanyeol felt a weird twinge in his heart and tried to forget the image on his mind.