01

Queenka's Guide To Popularity

 

It took Chanyeol at least an hour before he was able to finally decide which clothes he was going to wear. He didn’t want the person he was meeting today to think that he was too geeky to be even talked to.

“Chanyeol are you still up there? Breakfast is ready!” His mother called him from the staircase.

“Coming mom!” Chanyeol shouted and quickly grabbed the plain black shirt from his closet to put on and made his way downstairs.

 

Before Chanyeol got to class he made sure that he got what he was going to say memorized. Today was his chance to get what he wished for, and all he has to do was to not mess up and grab it. 

Chanyeol waited early outside his math classroom nervously as he held that extra math assignment in his hand. When suddenly the person he was waiting for approached him.

“Alright Yeol, do you have the homework?” Choi Seri the queenka asked while she was busy typing into her iPhone. “Right here.” He said and Chanyeol with sweaty palms handed it to her.

Chanyeol and Seri had the same math class ever since they started high school but they were never friends since Seri was popular and Chanyeol was a math geek. The only interaction they have was recently when Choi Seri approached Chanyeol and asked him for a favor, which was to do her math homework (it was one whole chapter of the book) because she was supposed to be attending this party and she couldn’t possibly finish the homework in time.

Without any second thoughts, Chanyeol agreed to her favor.

“You finished everything?” She asked while flipping over the pages and Chanyeol nodded.

“Oh my gosh! Thanks Yeol-sshi! You’re my life savior!” she said and was about to walk away when Chanyeol called her. “Seri-sshi wait.”

Seri turned her back around to face Chanyeol again. “What is it?” she asked.

“Uh, I…. I- I need your h-h-elp.” Chanyeol stuttered.

“What is it? Is there something wrong? Are you alright?” Seri asked with concern.

“It’s nothing like that.” Chanyeol said.

“What is it then?” Seri looked at Chanyeol confused.

“I need you to help me become popular.” Chanyeol finally said it. Seri looked at him as of he had gone crazy. Who knew that the school geek wanted to become popular? But then, who wouldn’t want to be?

“You’re crazy.” Seri shook her head and was about to leave him when she heard him speak.

“I knew it. Its stupid, but you’re the only I know that could help me.” Chanyeol whispered and it sounded like pleading or was it regret?

Seri wondered if she had the capability to change him from a geek to a popular guy. Just by looking at Chanyeol right now, she definitely had a lot of things to fix, he looked like a fashion terrorist wearing baggy pants, with lose shirt over a giant cardigan.

Would people even approve of Chanyeol joining the circle? Why does he even want to be one of them?

There’s nothing really thrilling about being popular. Seri always had to be conscious in everything she does, because one wrong move might ruin her. People admiring and looking up at her at all times no longer makes her happy but sick. The only thing good about being popular is that she gets exactly everything that she wants and no one not even the teachers nor the principal gets to say no to her.

For Seri popularity is just something she naturally grew up with and had. Being brought up in a family of politicians, attention and popularity came along with it, being popular in their family was more of a requirement than a perk. Having met childhood friends who are famous and wealthy were also a cause of her popularity as well, and lastly she had Siwon as her boyfriend, a soccer player, heir to one of the country most powerful companies, and a kingka.

The class was about to start and students were starting to enter the classroom one by one. Seri couldn’t get caught interacting with Chanyeol since there has always been a divider between the populars and the other students, she didn’t have time to answer Chanyeol if she could help him, or if she was capable of helping him so she just simply told him to meet her after class and Chanyeol took that as a positive sign that there is a possibility that she could help him.

 

Chanyeol patiently waited and stayed in the classroom until Seri and him were the only ones left. Seri handed him a note and quickly left the classroom as well, leaving him alone.

Chanyeol started at the note in his hand and slowly opened it.

 

Fine, I’ll try to help you and in exchange you should help me in return as well.

Since you’re so good at math, you help me with that.

Meet me at the Banana Bar tomorrow. 9am.

Don’t you dare tell anyone that I am helping you do this!

 


Author's Note:

Just so you'd guys know..

I'm not really good at making first chapters, in fact i'm bad at it. :(

That is why I hope you'll understand and anticipate the next coming chapters. ^^

(You'll find out why is it that Chanyeol is so eager to be popular...)

i'm spoiling you all. lol. sorry about that.

Oh yeah, before i forget... I want to thank the people who subscribed to my story even though it still has no chapter yet.

You dont know how guys made me so happy. :3