3.

The Secret Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's alright, Dara! You were only five minutes late." Bom, her boss, said for the 5th time after Dara continued to apologize for being tardy to work. She clucked her tongue. "Now stop apologizing and go get yourself dressed!" 

 

Dara bowed to excuse herself and quickly disappeared into the staff room. 

 

She came out a moment later, looking like an entirely different person than five minutes ago. She wore a short black dress with a lacy white apron at the front, and a black sash was tied around her small waist. Transparent contact lenses replaced her white glasses and her usually bare face was covered in light makeup. Her long chocolate brown hair was swept to one side and a white bonnet donned the top of her head, giving her a youthful and innocent look. 

 

"Aigoo...you make such a cute maid!" Bom squealed once she saw her and pinched her cheek. "Why can't this be your everyday look? I swear, sometimes I want to snap those glasses of yours in half!"

 

"My glasses are more comfortable than the lenses." Dara shrugged. "And lenses are too expensive to buy all the time."

 

Bom shook her head and adjusted her own apron. "You're still quite a beauty with them on, dear. Now go out there and steal some hearts!"

 

Dara smiled half-heartedly at the compliment and headed towards the tables. As if.

 

Most of the customers in the cafe were young men who looked to be in their late teens or early twenties. Their eyes brightened whenever one of the attractive maids coming their direction to serve them. One of the men even dropped his fork on purpose to get Bom's attention. Bom immediately spotted the fork and picked it up from the floor.

 

"I'll go get you a new one right away, master!" Bom quickly headed back to get a new fork as the guy stared at her dreamily.

 

Meanwhile, Dara stopped at a table which seated two middle-aged men. They both looked up and smiled when they saw the dark-haired beauty standing next to them.

 

"Can I get you anything to drink, young masters?" Dara smiled sweetly at the duo, who were swooning over her. "The usual, I believe?"

 

They nodded in response eagerly and stared at her in admiration.

 

"It's lovely to see you again, Dara-sshi." One of them spoke. Dara forced a blush and wrote down two caramel macchiatos on her notepad. 

 

"Your drinks will be coming right up. Until then, please make yourselves at home and let us know if you need anything else." Dara bowed and began to walk back to the backroom with their order. The two men sighed longingly and watched as she disappeared through the door. 

 

"She's so ing perfect. I'd want her to be my personal maid, 24/7." One said. "She's one of the main reasons why I even come to this maid cafe."

 

The other man nodded in agreement. "She's cute and y at the same time. The things I would do to her..."

 

He bit his lip and the two men grew silent as they got lost in their wild erted imaginations. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Two caramel macchiatos." Dara told the barista, CL, who nodded and grabbed two glasses from the cupboard to start preparing the drinks. 

 

"It's your shift today, Dara?" CL asked as she opened the fridge and scanned it for carton of milk. 

 

"Yes." Dara nodded. "I don't come during the weekend or Tuesdays."

 

"Oh." CL remarked. "It's been about two months since you started working here. It seems like you've adjusted to working here pretty quickly."

 

Dara bit her lip. "I like working here and all, but I'm still not used to being ogled at whenever I head out to the tables to take orders."

 

"Oh please. It's nice to receive attention from the many hot guys that come here once in a while." CL grinned at her. "Don't tell me that you don't enjoy it."

 

"I don't, though..!" Dara insisted. "And some of their constant pick-up lines are cheesy beyond words!"

 

CL raised an eyebrow at her and shook her head in disbelief. "Aren't you aware that more than half of them would loveee to drag you to their bedroom and you senseless?"

 

"CL!!!!" Dara’s jaw dropped at her friend's bluntness. CL shrugged nonchalantly as she finished topping the drinks with whipped cream and sprinkled it with chocolate shavings.

 

"Just saying the truth, Dara." CL put the drinks on a silvery tray and handed it to Dara. "Don't be so flustered about it. Aishh, you're so naive at times, you know that?"

 

Dara was about to retort when Bom came walking through the door with another order. Realizing that she didn't have time to be chatting all day, Dara quickly took the tray and walked back to the tables, where the two customers were waiting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong stopped in front of the building

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter