1: Prelude

The Secret Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[Monday, 7:25 AM]

 

 

Dara looked out of the window of her bedroom. It was a bright sunny morning and the weather was perfect.

If only she didn't have to go to that damn school today...

 

Dara sighed and rubbed her tired eyes with the back of her hand. There was no backing out now. Not when today was the first day of her junior year.

 

Flashback to yesterday evening:

 

"Dara, I already told you that I enrolled you into Nowon Highschool for this school year...but there's something that I haven't told you about yet." Her mother looked at her with guilty eyes.

"Eh? What is it?" Dara furrowed her eyebrows. 

"It's an all-boys school."

"....WHAT?!!!" Dara's mouth dropped open in shock and her eyes grew wide.

"Well, it used to be an all-boys school." Her mother corrected herself. "Until this year. So there'll probably be a few girls attending the school this year, too."

"Umma, how could you do this to me?!! I can't get through the rest of my highschool life surrounded with teenage guys all the time!! Why couldn't you transfer me into a normal school?!" Dara panicked.

"You know why." Her mother said sadly. "The tuition fees for the rest of the schools are too high..... Now that your father's gone, I had no choice...I'm sorry, Sandara."

Dara inwardly sighed when it became clear why her mother selected Nowon Highschool for her transfer. It was no question that her family was poor and she couldn't find the heart to continue complaining to her mother about this decision when she was having a hard time at work herself.

Dara forced on a smile and turned to her mother, hoping that her face didn't look as upset as she felt.

"I understand, Umma. I'll do my best at this new school, then. How bad can it be?"

 

 

 

End of flashback

 

It was nearing 7:30. She was going to be late if she didn't get out of the house soon.

Dara gritted her teeth and shoved her glasses on her face. She tied her long hair into a high ponytail and walked out of her room with slumped shoulders.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara looked around as she entered the school grounds. 

Not to her surprise, the entire school campus was infested with nothing but guys. How could she go through her third year of high school while being completely surrounded with the male species?! 

She pulled her skirt lower to cover up the top of her knees and readjusted her glasses by pressing them up against her nosebridge with her index finger. She could feel all of the curious stares behind her back and it was driving her crazy.

"Hey, new girl." A deep voice called out. "Need help getting to your classes?"

It took a moment for Dara to realize that the voice was directed at her.

"I can get to my classes by myself, thank you very much." She said icily. She didn't even bother to glance at the guy who spoke to her.

Lots of "oohs" and "aahs" followed her reply. The male students couldn't believe their ears. Usually, the female transfer students that came to their school clung to their school kingkas like leeches. This new girl was definitely a cold one.

"Wow, this is the first time I've seen the Choi Seunghyun get rejected." Dara heard one guy comment. Whoever this "Choi Seunghyun" was, Dara could already tell that he had a huge ego.

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter