A Typical Morning in the Kim-Lu Household

Domestic Bliss

 

It was a beautiful morning; the sun was out and there were only a couple of fluffy clouds in the blue sky.  Luhan was whistling off-key as he prepared breakfast in the kitchen, the radio playing quietly in the background.  He'd woken up before his alarm that morning and was feeling wide awake.  A pair of hands sliding around his sides and settling on his hips causes him to smile wider as a chin comes to rest on his shoulder.  

"Morning, Han."  

The sleepy voice of his husband, muffled as soft lips kissed his cheek, made his heart skip to a faster beat as he's reminded of his love for this man once more.  Sliding the last pancake onto the pile, he turned off the stove and turned in the shorter man's arms, leaning down slightly to place a kiss on his nose.  

"Good morning, my Heart." 

Minseok screwed up his nose in distaste. "I wish you wouldn't call me that.  It's so cheesy."  

"But you are, Min.  Without you my heart would stop beating." 

"Eww!  Stop it, you two, it's too early." A young man with brown hair and a frown on his face entered the kitchen, his school blazer hanging down over  his shoulders, bunched at his elbows, tie hanging done under his shirt collar.  

"Good morning, Sehun-ah!" Luhan reached up and ruffled his foster son's hair. "Have you grown again?"  

 

Sehun made a distressed noise at having his hair messed up.  it had taken him half an hour to get it to sit flat and 'just right'.  His grimace soon straightened out into a smile though.

"Lu!  Don't do that! You know Sehunnie doesn't like it."  Minseok reached up to straighten the messed up brunette locks, standing on tiptoes, but not quite able to reach. 

"Heh, you're so cute, hyung."  Sehun widened his stance so that Minseok could reach.

Minseok, used his fingers to brush the tousled strands back into place, before tutting at the state of his school uniform.  Small hands knotted his tie and straightened his collar before pulling the blazer up onto broad shoulders and brushing away non-existent dust.  "There, much better."  

"Thanks, hyung."  Sehun took a seat at the table, as Luhan brought over the coffee pot and plate stacked high with pancakes.  His hand is smacked away as it reaches for the coffee and a glass of orange is placed in front of him.  

"Yah, what have I told you about coffee?"  Luhan scolds.  "Not until you're an adult." 

"I'm sixteen already."  He pouts, turning puppy eyes towards him.  "Nearly seventeen." 

"No, means no.  Now, eat up, you need to leave for school soon."  Luhan takes two pancakes from the pile and puts them on the youngers plate, before doing the same for his husband.  

"Yes, Sir!"  Sehun mock salutes before drowning his pancakes in maple syrup and tucking in. 

The whole time Minseok has been giggling into his hand as he poured coffee for himself and Luhan.  "Stop lecturing, Lu.  Sehun, watch the time.  Jongin will be here in five minutes."  

Pushing the last of his pancakes into his mouth, chewing furiously, Sehun got up and put his plate in the sink before grabbing his school bag.  Bending down quickly he kissed Minseok on the cheek and headed for the door.  

"What about me!"  Luhan pouted in Sehun's direction.  

With a roll of his eyes and a long suffering sigh, he turns back towards the kitchen, places a quick kiss on Luhan's cheek, shouts a quick "Bye!" and opens the door just as Jongin is reaching up to knock on the door.  

"Hey, Sehun.  You ready?"  Jongin's cheerful tone carries through to the two eldest in the kitchen. 

"Good morning, Jongin!" Minseok's calls out to his foster son's best friend.  

Hearing the greeting, Jongin leans in through the doorway until he can see into the kitchen.  "Good morning, Mr. Kim, Mr. Lu."  He smiles and waves at the two before he is rudely pushed out the door by Sehun.

"Come on idiot.  Stop up."  

The front door closes. Minseok sips on his coffee, whilst Luhan slumps in his chair, stabbing listlessly at his own breakfast.  

"He forgot me." 

"He didn't forget you." Minseok placed a hand on the pouting man's shoulder.  "Sehun, he... well, he sees you as a father figure, and in his mind that means you don't need kisses."

"Oh, I see."  

"Yeah, so don't be too upset with him."  He leans over, placing a lingering kiss against Luhan's lips.  "After all, it's you he plays basketball and football with."

Luhan straightens up, a smirk pulling up the corner of his mouth.  Watching his other half clear the plates from the table and place them in the sink, he's hit by a sudden thought.

"So, does that make you the Mum?" 

Turning quickly from where he'd started to wash the dishes, Minseok threw the wet washcloth at him, narrowly missing the cackling idiot.  

"Careful what you say, Han, or I'll let Baekhyun and Jongdae know that you're not the man you say you are in the bedroom." 

"You wouldn't?!"  Luhan looked wide-eyed and scandalized at the man he loved. "Min?" 

"Isn't it time you were heading to open up?"  Minseok pointed at the clock which showed it was now almost 8am.  

", you're right!  Baekhyun and Jongdae will already be waiting!"  Scrambling from his seat and stumbling into the hallway, he pulled on his jacket, pocketed wallet and keys and reached for the door. 

"Ahem!"  

 

Turning back towards the kitchen, he sees his husband waiting patiently, eyebrows raised pointedly. 

"Oh!" Rushing forward, Luhan slides to a stop infront of Minseok, sliding his hands into the sleep tousled hair and pulling him forward into a firm and heated kiss.  Tongues entwine for a brief moment before Luhan is pulling away, pecking his loves forehead and waving goodbye as he slips on his shoes and darts out the door.  "See you at lunchtime!" 

 

Minseok winces as the door slams shut. Oh well, better finish the dishes.  Glancing down at his bare cold feet he notices the problem in his pj pants. Trust Luhan to leave him all and hanging like that.  He wouldn't be seeing him for hours.  Ok, maybe a shower first, then.

~*~

 

A/N:  There endeth part one and a look at what a typical morning in the Kim-Lu house is like.  Was it any good?