And the Adventure... Begins!!!

EXO Movie Sketch - UP

Knock, knock, knock.

The door is opened. Two officer with blue, nurse-like uniform are standing before his front door. Mr. Wu sighs, hauling the brown luggage he took last night from the closet under the stairs, and faces them with somber look.

"Good morning, Mr. Wu."

"Good morning, Gentlemen."

One of the officers, who is short and dark skinned, with understandingly friendly face smiles at him.

"Are you ready to leave, Mr. Wu?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." Mr Wu sighs. "Would you do me a favour and take this?"

The other officer, whose body is large and expression is as flat as a duck, takes the luggage.

"I'll meet you in the van in just a minute. I... I wanna say one... one last goodbye to the old place...."

"Sure, Mr. Wu. Just take all the time you need. We're ready when you're ready."

Mr. Wu slams the door, rather hard. Both the officers look at each other and turn their body to their car.

"Well, that's typical. I guess he's going to the bathroom, probably for the seventieth time." The fat officer chuckles.

"Shut up .... He is sad to leave." replied the short officer.

The fat man just shrugs as they cross the path to their van. The dark skinned man shivers as he notices bulk of empty gas cans spread over the yard.

"But I think you have the point. I don't think he is taking care a better care of his house."

Th flat faced man opens his mouth, ready to say something, but he stops in track as the sky is suddenly covered by a large, dark shadow, blocking the glee sunlight toward the Earth. He turns his head and, along his friend, sees a large tent protruding from the roof of the house. The tent quickly falls down after it is ripped by force.

The scene before their eyes makes them frozen in amazement.

Thousand of colourful balloons are flying to the sky, their strings tightened as the momentum is reached. They are all tied by a very thick rope resembling a log of a tree that is anchored into the house.As the sunlight penetrates the ballons and the air inside them, there are color upon color flashing their face. Some balloons which fail to get tied fly to the sky freely, chasing the freedom to the blue, clear sky.

"Oh my God ...." they exclaimed.

Their eyes get bigger as they see that the house starts levitating. The force of the light air inside the ballons pull the house upward, jerking out the house from its foundation. The force is too big to make the house stay rooted: the base of the house starts crakling, the water faucet is shaking really hard, there is a spark in the electric instalation, and there is also the loud cracking sound heard. The house jerks upward and several things happen at the same time: water bursts, woods and plank crack, and the house flies.

The officers who have been stunned all the time scream as the house is flying toward them. They drop themselves to the ground, avoiding the crash with the house. The house flies barely a meter from them. It hits the top of the van they were driving in, causing the van's alarm activated, roaring.

They lifted their eyes, still trembling after the shocking thing. They spot the old man's head looking out of the window, laughing his off them.

"SO LONG, BOYS!!! I'LL SEND YOU POSTCARD FROM PARADISE FALLS!!!!"

The old man continues his laugh, which gets fainter as the house flies higher to the sky. Both the officer stand up and look at each other. The flat faced man shakes his head and opens his mouth.

"I guess we will never be able to bring him to Shady Oaks. What a shame."

 

o o o

 

All eyes who happen to be on the streets of the town are shot towards a flying house with thousands of balloons on top of it. It flies like a giant bird in the sky, with colourful feathers as its crowns. Their mouths are wide open, mind oozing in surprised wonder. They can't tear their sight off of the house; they just keep watching it as the house gets higher and higher, becoming a tiny little dot in the sky. Just by then they manage to let their breath out. Temporarily unconscious, they have to inhale and exhale before they begin commenting and exclaiming, for this kind of the thing never has and never will happen again in for the rest of their lives.

Mr. Wu himself exhales, sighs in relief far up there, inside his house. He smirks as he is witnessing the landscape in underneath him that looks exactly like the blue print of the town in the town hall. He moves to the front room of his house, where he managed to transform it into a station room. He pulls two rope simultaneously and the bedsheets which have been knitted together protrude from the upstairs window, under the long wood as its place to hang. The sheets are ruffled against the strong wind, riding the air like a pair of mismatched wings. Mr. Wu puts a compass before him on a picture of their house on Paradise Falls, on one of the pages he ripped out from Mrs. Wu's old book. He studies the direction for a while before deciding that he has to turn south east. He smiles and spins the steering wheel connected to the wind vane on his front roof. The house glides and turns smoothly to south east direction.

Mr. Wu looks out of his window again, face facing upward to the balloons levitating his house. He smiles as he sees them stable amidst the harsh wind in this height. He closes the window and walks beside the steering wheel, looking at the photo of older Seohyun on the wall. He is smiling at it and kisses it long as his eyes get misty again.

"We're on our way, Seohyun."

Still smiling, he walks to the fireplace. He squats down and fiddles his finger on the string where all the balloons are tied to. The tingling sound makes him chuckle. He gets up and walks to his chair, sighing in relief as his back is rested comfortably againts its surface. Closing his eyes, there is a relief inside him along with the serenity that keeps echoing inside the house. It is incredibly quiet and he can finally find the inner peace he has long been missing. He praises God that he can still have the last piece of memento of his lifelong love with his dearest Seohyun.

Knock, knock, knock!

Mr. Wu opens his eyes, surprised. He moves his head forward to the door. He keeps wincing his eyes for a moment there, hearing any sound intently. Nothing. He scoffs and shrugs, returning his back to resting postion.

Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock!

"ARGH!"

Pulling himself up with his stick, he then walks to the front door where the suspicious knock was heard of. He eyes small hole on the door. No one's there, only an empty terrace with clouds as it background. He jerks the door open, hastily, seeing no one. Turning his head to the left: just wall. Turning his head to the right: nothing, just a boy looking looking deadly afraid.

"WUAAAAAAA!!!"

Mr. Wu pants and leans on the door frame, he almost had heart attack.

"Hi, Mr. Wu! It's me Joonmyeon!"

"What are you doing out here, Kid?"

"I found the snipe and I followed it under your porch, but this snipe had a long tail and looked more like a large ... mouse ...."

Just as he finishes speaking, an orange flag from his backpack is blasted by the wind, flown away. Joonmyeon's gaze trails the flag until it disappears into the air. His eyes bulges and he spares a pleading look to Mr. Wu.

"Please let me in ...."

"No!" Mr Wu slams the door shut.

Only to open it in five seconds.

"Alright, you can come--".

Joonmyeon dashes inside the house, hitting Mr. Wu's belly with his backpack. He doesn't stop until he hits the wall and leans against it, breathing fast.

"-- in."

It takes a minute before Joonmyeon can breathe normally, but as his eyes wanders around the house, it takes no time for him to casually put his backpack and walk into the living room.

"Hm.... I've never been in a floating house before. Hihi... google eyed girl.... Wow, look at this stuff! Are you going for a trip? Paradise Falls, a land lost in time. Are you going to South America, Mr. Wu?"

"No, no, no! Don't touch that!" Mr. Wu grabs the brochure from Joonmyeon's hands harshly. "You'll soil it!"

"You know... most people take a plane, and you're dang smart, because you can bring all your things and TV and stuff. Whoa! Is this how you steer your house?"

"What?" Mr. Wu turns around just as Joonmyeon touches the gramophone handle that acts as the house's steering wheel.

"Does this really work?"

"Kid!"

But it is too late. Joonmyeon pushes the steering wheel to the right, the house turns left. He pushes the other way around and the house turns right.

"So that's how it works. Interesting. Hey look! Buildings!"

Joonmyeon runs to the window before the steering wheel and puts her hands on its glasses.

"Look! It's so close. I can almost touch it."

Mr. Wu huffs as he plans to get rid of this annoying kid from his house. He smiles as an idea pops in his mind. Basically, he just needs to tie every single cloth in his house to make a very long rope. Then, he will slowly put the kid down, tied by the rope, to the ground.

But his weak grip will make him lose the kid.

"Nah.... It won't work."

He heaves a sigh as he walks to the fireplace. Joonmyeon was still blabbering about clouds or something. He tries to cut the rope of several balloons to make the house fly closer to the ground. He needs to put him down before he continues his journey. However, the kid's voice is like a sting to his ear. Clicking his tongue, he turned down the volume of his earpiece. He smiles as Joonmyeon's voice is muffled. However, a second later he feels that the house just jerked violently.

"What are you doing over there?!" Mr. Wu angrily snaps and turned his head to Joonmyeon. Turning the earpiece volume up, he is ready to scold the child. However, he is stopped midsentence before the window as Joonmyeon points a series of huge, dark clouds with thunders in it.

"See.... Cumulonimbus."

Seeing the danger, Mr. Wu runs behind the steering wheel and quickly turns the house around. He pushes the steering wheel powerfully, but the wind has caught the house wings and defiantly the house into the clouds. Mr. Wu is thrown back from the steering wheel as it spins itself wildly.

"Aaaa!!"

Joonmyeon screams as rain as big as peeble starts hitting the window. The house begins to rock wildly and the momentum pushes him down. Just as he is about to stand up, the ornamental plates above him roll and they almost hit him if he doesn't slide and quickly dash behind the wall.

At the other side of the room, Mr. Wu is still struggling to get on his feet. Pulling himself on the corner of buffet and fireplace, he watches in horror as Seohyun's starts sliding on the floor. He tries to keep it in place, quite successfully, but the money jar he has been keeping rolls on the floor to the window. He is about to lose it.

Joonmyeon himself is not in a good condition. His bag slides on the floor. He screams as he tries to grab it. He successfully jumps and lands on it, but the bag is still sliding. He gives another scream as the front door sways open, letting a view of endless clouds before it. Luckily, the door swings back as he and his bag hits the door and closes it down.

Inside the room, Mr. Wu is able to catch the money jar, but the problem doesn't end there. All the important mementos on the fireplace: the duck, Seohyun's childhood photo, their photo together, are all about to fall. He runs across the room, barely able to catch them. it's not finished yet. His eyes glances to the frames on the wall. One by one they drop, with Seohyun photo hanging on the last, but it is shaking uncontrollaby by now. It falls, only to have Mr. Wu's hand grab it. Mr. Wu smiles, but another thunder explodes in the air and he is pushed to the front, sliding on the floor.

The house is spiralling down in the craziness. Both people inside the room panic. Thunder by thunder blast inside the cloud. What they could do now is just staying inside the house and praying that God is merciful enough to let them live after this.

 

o o o

 


December 25, 2014

 

What a I was letting this story down for so long. I have to finish this. I have to finish this!!!

Up is like the saddest yest the funniest animation I have ever watched. I feel so honored to turn this into the fanfiction with Kris as the main character along with my lovely, most beloved Kim Joonmyeon. I swear I would hug him so tight if we ever met each other. Hahaha.

Enjoy your treat. Have a very merry holiday today. :)

 

Schandelierre