A Typical Day of Mr. Wu

EXO Movie Sketch - UP

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click!

A hand turns the alarm sound off. It then takes the glasses put beside it, rather grodgily. A moment later, the glasses are worn on the face of an old man. The old man lazily rubs his eyes. He grunts, also lazily, and wakes up from the bed.

Putting his sandals on his feet, he tries to get up, but he just can't. He collects the momentum and hops to the front. The cracking sound of waist bone along with another grunt is heard. The old man straigthens his position and another crack with another grunt is present. He spun his waist to the right, the last crack - which is rather loud - is heard, then he sighs in relief. He takes his four legged walking stick and goes out of the room, slowly.

After a nice session of body hygiene and dressing up, the old man comes to the stairs. He sighs. How he hates going down the stairs. He is too old for going down by himself. He has to ride on escalating chair that goes up and down the floor stationed  on the side of the stairs wall. He doesn't hate it for it being there, he realizes he is too old to get himself down by himself without any support. He detests it for its slowness.

Every journey to the first floor of his house consumes five entire minutes ....

He sighs again, hops to the chair, and begins escalating down. His face is straight as hell. The sound of running machine irritates him, but what irritates him more is when the machine halts after a three forth of the journey. Sighing, he hits it. The machine runs again. He rolls his eyes, sighing.

After that long winding road journey, he prepares his breakfast, which includes coffee, milk, and oatmeal cereal. He eats it slowly, occasionally sips the coffee, while seeing through the kitchen window, eyeing the sky.

Once the breakfast done, he proceeds to some cleaning activity: cleaning the window, cleaning fireplace coounter, cleaning a bird toy on fireplace counter, and dusting the tables. For an old man, he is surprisingly fast on that.

His house is ready. He is ready. Wearing his suit, he walks to the mirror beside the front door. He examines himself. He is seeing a flat faced old man with full wrinkle scrunched in flat expression. He takes the hat on. The last one, he checks on a purple badge made of a cap of grape soda bottle. He touches it and finds his lips twitch a bit on one end. Staring at it for another moment, he then turns around and walk to the door, opening it.

Well, not yet actually. There are several locks he has to open. He unlocks them all and opens the door.

"Grrrrrr ...." He growls when it is halted by the locking chain. Groaning, he pulls the chain and the door finally opens. He closes the door with his walking stick. Standing on the terrace, he is ready to face the world.

Or not.

He walks to a wodden chair next to him and drops himself there.

Sighing, he exhales.

This is the poor old life of Mr. Wu.

 

 

Mr. Wu scans his surrounding. HIs flat expression comes flatter once he sees the same thing. It is not the lousy neighborhood he is expecting, with dogs barking, child running, all green lawn being watered, dull society. No. It has long gone. He actually misses it so much. This place has changed a lot. Instead of a perfect, boring residence, he is seeing workers walking here and there carrying materials, vehicles commuting to lift steel pillars, workers digging the earth, alongside the very disturbing sounds of people shouting, machine running, and materials clanking and dropping.

His land is in the middle of mall construction.

"Quite a sight, huh, Seohyun?" he rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

He puts his gaze across the lawn and halts on his post box.

"Ahh ..., mail's here. "

Mr. Wu walks to the post box. As he reaches it, he touches the lovely post box. It has hand print of himself and Mrs. Wu there. He opens the post box and retrieves all the letters. His gaze is caught by the brochure on top of the stacks. He needs to blink to focus his sight first before he reads it.

"Shady Oaks. Retirement Village. Pffft! Real place to live ...."

As he sneers, he realizes that dust collects on his finger. Frowning, he looks up to the post box. He just realizes that the box was covered by the dust from the construction. He takes his outside vacuum cleaner for cleaning falling leaves and twigs, turns it on, and begins dusting off the brown particles out of its lovely box.

"Hey, morning Mr. Wu! Do you need any help there?"

The head of workers comes to him with a big smile. Mr. Wu turns the machine off and brushes the offer.

"Naaah, I'm fine." He pauses. "No, actually, yes! Tell your boss over there that you guys are ruining our house!"

Mr Wu scoffs at the black suited, lean, and professional looking fine man who is talking on phone amidst the ear deafening sounds there.

"Well, just to let you know, my boss will be happy to take this house out of your hand and ... to double his last offer. What do you say to that?"

The vacuum cleaner shoots the air to the face the head of worker.

"Well ..., I'll take that as a no then ...."

"I believe I have made my position to your boss quite clear."

"You poured prune juice to his gas tank ...."

Mr. Wu chuckled. "Yeah, that was good. Come on, give me the speaker, let me talk to him."

The workers head gives his speaker to Mr. Wu, frowning but doing it without question.

 "You in the suit! Yes! YOU! Take a bath, HIPPIE!"

The workers head quickly snatches the speaker from Mr. Wu's hand.

"I am not with him!" he shouts on the speaker.

"This is serious, Mr. Wu! He is here to get your house!"

"Tell your bos he can have our house." Mr. Wu shouts as he walks back to his house.

"Really?"

"When I'm DEAD!"

The door is slammed hard. The workers head scratches his head. "I'll take that as a maybe."

 


May 25, 2014

 

Hell yeah, I am sorry for a very long update. I was concentrating on my other stories. And the story centers in Mr. Wu. Sigh, his departure pretty much made me lazy to update. I pretty much left this one out, I'm sorry. However, here it is.

Keep reading, a new, lovely chara will appear in next chap. Happy reading.

 

PS: I always appreciate every comment and other reactions. Silent readers, I hope it is good for you too.

 

Schandelierre