Just a little Oblivious

Navigating Trouble

I glance around the table, a bit wary. “So, Cheonmi,” Mark says quietly while, Melody, Dayoung and Jackson are laughing very heartily about something. “You’re pretty quiet.”

“As are you,” I comment back nervously, though admittedly calmed down by Mark’s composed nature. “Have you hung out with everyone else before?” I ask gesturing towards Melody, Dayoung, Jinri and Julia.

“With Dayoung and Jinri,” He says chuckling slightly. “Both are pretty endearing.” He says politely with the usual and very true response to Jinri and Dayoung. “This is my first time meeting Julia.”

I glance to Mark curiously. “But not Melody?” I ask slightly confused. “Oh, right she was a trainee at JYPE before she came to Cube.” I say while shaking my head.

“Yeah, I’ve met her, but this is my first time spending time with her, if that’s what you want to call this.” Mark says in a sort of resentful way, I decide to not to press it, but glance towards the others all laughing at some joke, Jackson, I think, has just told. “Do you spend a lot of time with them?” Mark asks, “I know you’re a solo artist.”

“I do, Melody and I practiced together a lot, and then Julia when she transferred from YG.” I explain smiling happily at the memories. “They clicked right away, made our dance lessons a lot more fun,” I say chuckling. “Dayoungie has been helping me through this whole first album and performing.” I say thankfully.

“They all fit well together,” Mark says chuckling slightly as our mutual friends continue to joke around. As Jackson takes a seat next to Mark he looks over to me and grins happily. “Jackson?” Mark prompts glancing at his bandmate warily.

I stand up from the table. “I’ll be back.” I say quietly to Mark, bowing politely to Jackson as I push my chair back in. Melody looks at me worriedly, quickly following me out of the room; I bump into Namjoon on my way out. “Sorry,” I say flustered from suddenly running into him.

“No, it’s alright, Cheonmi are you heading out?” He asks worriedly stopping me for a moment. When I shake my head he gives a relieved smile. “I’ll see you in there then.” He says, shaking his head slightly as he peers into the room.

“Cheonmi,” Melody calls catching up to me by the time I’ve made it to an open window. “Are you alright?” She asks worriedly. “You looked a little upset as you were leaving the room.”

I shake my head and smile at her. “I just needed a little air, kind of loud and stuffy in there.” I explain while shrugging my shoulders. “You should head back; I’ll only be a little.” I urge her gently.

Melody nods her head a bit unsurely, but heading back after I nod for her to go on. “If you’re not back in ten I’m leading a search party.” She jokes smiling at me as she heads back.

“I’ll count on it.” I joke smirking at my friend as she goes. I take a few minutes of the relative silence, recharging a bit before I head back in.

“Cheonmi,” I hear an unfamiliar voice call to me, turning I see Jackson standing a few feet away from me. “Dinner is being served.” He calls waving for me to come on back. I nod my head, walking back slowly a bit unsure about being back in the room.

“Thank you Jackson-sshi.” I saw bowing to him slightly as he lets me in first. I quickly take my seat back by Mark and Julia, both whom are chatting about dance moves.

“Cheonmi is a dancer too,” Julia says as I take my seat. “Her dancing rivals her singing.” She compliments me as I adjust my seat.

“I’m alright; don’t let Julia’s exaggerations fool you.” I say to Mark while shaking my head modestly. “Though, I’ll take the compliment on my singing.” I say jokingly to Julia.

“No, don’t let her modest nature fool you, Cheonmi can keep up with just about anyone, I really want to teach her all the tricking that I know, but someone scared her out of it.” Julia says eyeing Melody and Dayoung.

As the three go back and forth on it Mark chuckles. “Tricking is a lot of fun.” Mark suggests calmly, “I started learning it after I came to Korea.”

“And you’re quiet good.” I compliment him graciously. “GOT7’s stages are pretty amazing.” I say smiling at Mark.

“Thanks,” Mark says a bit awkwardly, “Jackson and I stay back to watch your stages,” He says pushing on with the conversation. “We’ve tried talking to you afterwards, but you seem to always get swept away to another place before we can get the chance.”

I chuckle nodding my head. “Ah, I see.” I say blushing slightly. “I’ve been pretty busy since my first stage, I’m sure it’s the same way with you. GOT7 is pretty popular.” I comment chuckling a bit. “Our conversation is kind of awkward.” I say while shaking my head slightly.

“A bit, but it is fine. You’re pretty easy to talk to, well once you get the chance to.” Mark says smirking at me. Mark points to a couple of dishes before saying. “I’ll serve you, seeing as everyone else might eat everything.” He says nudging Jackson slightly.

“Thank you,” I say rather thankfully, pointing and asking for several dishes. “Julia, stop picking off my plate.” I whine slightly as Mark sets it down in front of me and said girl steals some of my food off the plate.

“You give Dayoung a run for her money in being cute.” Julia comments simply before smirking at me. “Don’t you think so Mel?” Julia asks getting Melody’s attention away from Namjoon.

As Melody faces us I feel Mark lean in slightly towards me. “Definitely, Dayoungie found someone else to add to her cutie line.” She says grinning brilliantly.

Melody has a bright and shining kind of personality that draws people in, I’ve always been a bit jealous of it, just like I am of Dayoungie’s friendly disposition and Julia’s chic and teasing nature. “I think more over you should be.” I say chuckling slightly. “Melody is always making friends.”

Melody shakes her head slightly, a shy smile on her face. “I’m not sure that’s quite my area.” She says gently and rather modestly.

“Yah, Mark-ah,” Jackson says in a whiny sort of tone, I glance to Mark’s other side curiously. Jackson is watching us carefully. “You’re sitting kinda close to Cheonmi-sshi.”

I glance over at Mark; the guy has moved a bit closer. “It is fine; Mark-sshi is calming to be around.” I say dismissively.

For the rest of dinner Jackson keeps trying to talk to me, I simply nod or shake my head whenever he asks me a question. Jackson is the opposite of Mark; he’s loud and alarming to be around. “It was nice meeting everyone.” I say bowing as Melody, Dayoung, Jinri, Julia, and I leave. I avoid eye contact with Jackson as I do so. He makes me nervous and I don’t like it at all.

We all get in Julia’s car, who happily drops us all off at our respective dorms. “Thank you for the ride Julia, I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” I say politely as I get out of the car, thanking them both before shutting the door and hurrying to my own dorm.

 

~~~

 

“I don’t understand why you treat her that way.” Jinyoung says rolling his eyes at Mark as Melody leaves the room angry. If it isn’t Melody it’s Mark that leaves.

Mark simply acts like he hadn’t heard his friend, turning to me he smirks. “Jackson is staring at you again.”

“Cut it out.” I whine quietly keeping my back towards Jackson. “Melody is really nice, I don’t really see why you’re being so mean to her.” I say gently.

Mark rolls his eyes, and sinks further into the couch as Jaebum comes over, Julia trailing him. “Go apologize to her,” He says firmly. “Melody is a lot of fun to be around; if you keep this up she won’t come around at all.”

Julia watches on not saying anything until Jaebum lets out a frustrated groan. “She’s been talking about not coming anymore so you two won’t fight.” She says simply watching Mark, smirking slightly at him. “I’m sure you’d love to explain to Jackson why Melody won’t come anymore when we all get together to hang out.”

“I get it, I get it.” Mark mutters stubbornly his arms crossed. “I’ll apologize to her. Where did she go?” Mark asks getting up thoroughly annoyed.

“To see Nichkhun-Hyung,” Jaebum says expectantly, Mark however freezes. “What now?” Jaebum asks impatiently as Mark remains planted in his spot.

“I’d rather just let her talk to Hyung.” Mark says with the smallest hint of spite. “Let them catch up and all. I know they’re really close and everything.” I glance to Julia; she seems rather amused by what Mark has said.

“They’ll only get closer you know, if you keep pushing Melody she won’t even bother attempting to be friends with you.” Julia says watching Mark, her eyes glued to him. “I’ll admit that Mel has a lot of interests that aren’t exactly good for her, but I’ll vouch for her being a good person. Mark she isn’t as bad as you might think.”

“That’s not my problem with her.” Mark mutters walking out, dragging his feet as he goes.

Dayoung having enough speaks up. “So yeah, Jackson was just about to show me this super cool dance that Jinyoung choreographed, why don’t you all show us.”

Jinyoung gets up following a pushed Jackson to the front of the room. My eyes follow Jackson as the music starts, Jackson’s dance parts are my favorite, and admittedly Jackson is one of the more charismatic members, especially on stage. Practice seems to not be an exception.

“You should say something to him.” Julia says nudging me as we watch the remaining members perform for us.

Melody in particular has been trying to convince me to speak to Jackson, while everyone thinks I should, I find the idea very nerve wracking almost an equivalence to the moment just before I head on stage for a performance.

As they finish I take a quick glance to Dayoung and Julia, both nodding for me to say something. As Jinyoung takes his seat back next to me, with Jaebum saying something to Julia, and whatever is said causes her to giggle. “There you are,” Julia says suddenly looking towards the door. “My cutie Melody!”

Turning back to look we see that Mark and Melody have both come back. “Looks like they’re both about to explode,” Jinyoung says while shaking his head.

“As usual,” I respond back while sighing. “What do you think happened?” I ask curiously.

Jinyoung simply shrugs his shoulders, the both of us ending our conversation as Mark sits back down and whispers to Jaebum.

“I hope the guys didn’t pester you too much.” Mark says turning to me, his usual casual and relaxed tone he uses when we talk. “I know these guys can be a handful.” He says jokingly.

I shake my head at Mark, the guy is pretty playful. “Yeah, they showed us this dance Jinyoung choreographed.” I explain happily. “Which,” I say glancing over at said guy, “Is every impressive. I like the dance a lot.” I tell him extremely impressed.

“Are you guys going to do a dance cover of it too?” Jinyoung asks curiously, “The other one you guys did was amazing, flips and all.” He says glancing back to Julia.

“Yeah, have you taken up tricking yet?” Mark asks curiously while Jaebum becomes preoccupied by this phone. “Dayoung and Melody still scare you out of it?”

I chuckle shaking my head. “I’m considering it still, a bit too busy to take it up at the moment, but Julia says she’ll teach me.” I say while shrugging my shoulders. “I am interested in it.”

“I’m glad to hear it,” Mark says grinning at me pleased. As Julia gets up we both watch silently at whatever is happening on the other side of the room.

It takes a moment but Mark shoots up and leaves in a huff, muttering a quick apology to me before he goes, I glance to Jinyoung questioningly. “Did something happen?” I ask confused by the now vacant spot next to me. To which I get several shrugs and a couple head shakes from the others. I watch as the door closes, feeling a bit uneasy about Mark leaving like that.


 

Kinda getting everything up to speed right now ^^
I'm going to try and get to another regular updating schedule again!
AND
I opened up a request shop
Second Wishes