For a Girl

Navigating Trouble

I giggle watching as Jackson fails rather miserably at one of the claw games, we all decided to go out incognito together, Mel, Julia, Jackson, Jaebum, Jinyoung, Dayoung, Ilhoon, and me. “You don’t have to win me anything Jackson.” I tell him simply.

He just looks back at me all fired up. “Cheonmi-sshi,” Jackson says in his usual bravado, “I am going to win you that whale.” Turning back to the game he concentrates, flipping his hat quickly and watching very focused on his little challenge.

“Dayoungie, do you want one of those?” Ilhoon asks teasingly, I turn to see them both looking at a pair of hats, Dayoung shyly nods her head. “I guess I better win them then.” He says grinning rather happily.

The scene seems rather strange, mostly because that’s pretty much how Jackson and I are right now, only we are not dating.

“Ilhoon is pretty suave.” I murmur watching the pair as he teases Dayoung while playing the game, easily winning the first hat. “They’re really cute together.” I say as I turn back, I’m slightly shocked by the whale plushy in my face.

“I won it for you.” Jackson says proudly with a huge grin on his face. “Come on, you can go win me something now too!” He says excitedly while pushing the toy into my arms while grabbing my wrist and gently tugging me to another game.

“Thank you Jackson,” I say smiling rather happily. I follow along excitedly as we weave through people looking at tons of games to play. The amusement park is kinda exciting and thrilling to go to as normal people not as performers or entertainers.

Jackson glances back and me and grins rather proudly. “Come on you’re gonna win me that fish.” He says pointing to a plushy fish, the same shade of light blue as my whale. “It’ll be a lot of fun; all you got to do is toss these darts and pop those balloons.” He says excitedly.

I chuckle and nod my head. “Alright,” I say hoping I can do it. I glance around to see plenty of other people trying in the couple of walls they have set up trying to win. I hand the operator of the booth several tickets. I let out a deep breath as I take aim.

“I know you can do this!” Jackson cheers loudly. I chuckle as I glance back at him; looking back I throw the dart, missing my target, but barely. I take a deep breath to calm myself; I decide to try what I do before I ever go on stage. I let the rest of the world fall away, I focus on what I need to do, everything becomes silent except for Jackson, who I’m pretty sure no one can block out. “Cheonmi you can do it.” He says with complete faith in me.

I aim carefully this time, tossing the dart through the air and popping a balloon pinned to the wall. I turn to Jackson grinning proudly. His grin matches mine, I turn back determined to hit three more balloons. One by one I get three more balloons. “I did it!” I cheer happily as I wrap my arms around Jackson excitedly.

As I feel Jackson’s arms wrap around me I find myself surprised by how at ease I feel with him suddenly. “I knew you could, now go get my fish!” He cheers pointing excitedly to the toy.

Jackson and I head to meet the others with Ilhoon and Dayoung, now with matching hats, at one of the food stands as planned.

“So Julia might have killed Jaebum and Jinyoung,” Melody says grinning rather amusedly as she and Mark walk up taking a couple of the pretzel bites Dayoung offers. “We played a game of rock paper scissors to see who would go up to one of the kissing booths.”

“She lost.” Mark sums up while shaking his head. “Jinyoung and Jaebum might be a bit dead for sure.” He says seeing Julia come back first, a rather satisfied smile on her face. “Where are Jinyoung and Jaebum?”

“In their own lines for their punishments,” Julia says rather happily. “Though, the guys at the kissing booth ended up changing shifts a couple people before me, absolutely gorgeous man.” Julia sings happily.

“So you sent them to their own punishments anyways?” Dayoung asks chuckling rather proudly. “I knew there were reasons that we all get along so well.”

Ilhoon chuckles as he pulls Dayoung a bit closer to him. “You’re definitely trouble together,” He mutters while glancing at Julia, Dayoung, Melody and I.

Jinyoung and Jaebum come back with frowns and red faces. “Now where is that proof shot?” Julia asks while holding her hand out to the two. As a photo is passes to her she grins rather happily. “Now that is fan service.”

“You promised not to show anyone.” Jaebum says as Melody and Mark look over Julia’s shoulder, both busting out in laughter. Both pout as the photo is passes around and we all laugh.

“Hey, you guys made me kiss a stranger!” Julia says indignantly. “Besides it’s just us and no one else.” She reassures them.

“You enjoyed the kiss though!” Jinyoung says while pointing at her accusingly.

Julia simply smirks and nods her head a dream look on her face. “That I did, did you not see the guy?” She asks rather pleased, “Absolutely beautiful.”

Melody rolls her eyes at her friend as the photo is passed back to Jinyoung and Jaebum, “You guys should know better than dealing with Jules, she’s a slave driver.”

“With a sloppy worker,” Julia says while shaking her head.

Mark and I speak at the same time, which surprises me as we’ve said the same thing. “Still having that same argument?”

I glance to the now brunet boy confusedly. Dayoung shares the same confusion as I do. “They only argue about that at their dorm when they’re doing chores.” She says smirking.

Mark simply shrugs his shoulders gesturing to food. “Later,” He mutters looking away; Julia chuckles while Melody simply looks rather pleased with him.

“Marky-Mark,” Melody says teasingly. “You’re so cute when you’re shy.”

He blushes slightly, pushing her slightly away from him.

Ilhoon speaks, with Jackson quickly agreeing, “You guys are more couple like than Dayoung and me.” Jackson high-fives Julia on this matter.

“Ships sail strong!” Dayoung cheers happily as we all order more food before settling down at a table together.

“I find this highly unfair.” Jinyoung says while pouting with Jaebum nodding his head in agreement. “We’re not coupled.” He says while gesturing to Julia, himself and Jaebum.

Julia not one to miss a shot takes it. “I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. I’m the only one not coupled off; you two are your own married couple.”

Dayoung and Melody high-five this time rather joyously. “I thought you two were the ones who suggested we do this.” I say speaking up curiously.

This cause Ilhoon and Jackson to both look at me a bit smugly. “You three are a bad influence on Cheonmi!” Ilhoon complains while reaching across the table and grabbing my head. “She’s making snarky, even if she doesn’t mean it, comments!” He says faking crying.

“Right, Cheonmi-sshi,” Jackson says while awkwardly crying into his fish.

I frown stopping him before he can continue. “Stop using –sshi,” I demand childishly. “Everyone,” I say looking at everyone worriedly. “We’re all friends, so let’s just talk casually.” I say pouting slightly.

“See,” Jinyoung says pointing to Dayoung. “That’s you!” He says grinning. “But, aigo, out little Cheonmi is comfortable with us.”

I simply stick my tongue out at the guy before turning my head away as though I didn’t do anything. “Let’s go ride some roller coasters!” I cheer as I finish my food; well Jackson ate it, but all the same.

Jackson frowns at me. “I don’t know that might not be so fun.” He argues weakly.

Mark however jumps up with Melody and Ilhoon. “Then you can stay and we’ll be team fun.”

Julia gets up while Jinyoung and Dayoung both shake their heads.

“I’m gonna stay back,” Jaebum says while resting his head on the table. “I’m not up for roller coasters tonight.”

Jackson looks between us and them, “Wang you’re not afraid are you?” Mark teases smirking. “Besides if you get scared you can hold my hand.”

“Markson,” Julia and I cheer quietly. Melody grins laughing as both boys look at us shocked. “What, we’ve seen you guys hosting together.” Julia says while sending them her usual teasing smirk. “Come on, Jackson you can decide when we get there or stay behind.”

I head off hooking arms with Mark and Melody. “This is gonna be so much fun,” I say excitedly as we head off with Julia taking Melody’s other arm and Jackson tailing behind on hers as Mark leads us forward.

~~~

I giggle rather happily as Melody and I hold our hands up in the air rather excitedly. I scream ecstatically as we ride the roller coaster, though we picked a small one to begin with. Rather, Jackson whined until we caved.

As we get off I grin to Julia and Melody excitedly. “We’ll have to ride something bigger!” I say as I jump up and down.

“If this is all it took to open you up, we’d have taken you ages ago.” Julia says while slinging an arm around me. “But if you want to ride something exciting we’ll have to convince that guy or take him back to the parental group.” Julia says motioning to a rather unexcited Jackson.

“Try calling him ‘oppa’,” Melody suggests, I glance at both girls and shake my head, a bit embarrassed from the idea.

“Call Mark that first,” I say while frowning, I however realize too late that Melody would of course have no problem at all doing this.

She happily skips up to him and tugs Mark along who’s watching Jackson with a rather entertained look on his face, which quickly changes to surprise and then blushes as Melody happily says. “Oppa, come on, let’s go!” Melody then promptly sends me a daring look. Ilhoon glances to Julia and I with his own knowing smirk.

“Oh, the girl is good.” Julia says chuckling as she nudges me. “She’s got him completely entranced.” She mutters while shaking her head.

“Oppa,” I say watching Jackson perk up looking around jealously to Mark and Ilhoon, I frown walking over to him and tug on his sleeve slightly. “Oppa, let’s go.” I say nodding my head towards a much better ride. “You can even sit next to me on this one!” I say happily as I head off without checking to see his reaction. I do however hear Ilhoon chuckling as he walks head with Julia.

Jackson quickly catches up with us when Mark teasingly says. “Cheonmi sit next to me instead.”

“Yah, yah, not everyone is Mark biased.” Jackson says taking my arm a bit possessively. Needless to say once we go on Jackson grabbed my arm and screamed terrified as we went in loops upside-down for too long, well pretty much as soon as we started climbing up.

“Aigo, Jackson the Brave,” Julia says as he follows out behind me. “Come on, we better get back, Jinyoung just texted me.” She says sighing with a frown. “Looks like it’s time to head home.”

Mark, Melody and I groan as we follow back a bit unwillingly, Jackson holding on to the sleeve of my jacket still. “You know, Julia is right.” I say to him.

“What that we have to go?” Jackson asks confusedly.

I shake my head and smile at him. “That you’re pretty brave. I’m really glad you decided to come with us, even if you didn’t quite enjoy it.” I say smiling at him.

“No, no,” Jackson says perking up rather happily. “It was worth it!” Jackson proclaims as we meet up with the parental team.

“No casualties?” Jaebum asks expectantly.

Jackson is the first to speak up to this. “Yah, who do you think we are?” He says while completely dismissing the whole last hour or so of us riding on roller coasters and him being a bit reluctant.

“Yeah, we all made it through, even if some of us did it for a girl.” Ilhoon says while clapping Mark and Jackson on their backs.

I glance to the two as the both blush slightly. Julia however contains the situation. “Come on, we’re getting a couple of looks now.” She mutters moving us along with Jaebum and Jinyoung taking the lead.


This was a pretty fun chapter to write to be honest.
It also came together rather quickly too. ^^
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!