Not Quite Ready Yet

Navigating Trouble

“He’s kinda withering away,” I state quietly to Jackson as we glance at Mark. Melody has been AWOL for a while now. Too busy with someone else to spend time with us, Mark has gotten quite again. “He’s not coming along with us again,” I mutter as our friend opts to stay and practice instead.

“He mopes in our room all the time now too.” Jackson says while shaking his head. “It’s weird, he used to be really chill and fun, but lately now all he does it walk around the dorm.” My friend says while shaking his head in this kinda sad way. “We used to go out just us all the time to hang out or to get away for a bit.”

“I bet it is because Melody isn’t around anymore. I mean I’ve hardly even seen her since we went to the amusement park.” I say frowning, though I can’t help the smile that comes over me. “Don’t give me that look.” I mutter blushing as Jackson sends me an amused look.

“What, this is how I always look.” Jackson insists, though he now has a smirk on his face. “I don’t get why we can’t tell anyone.” He adds on seriously.

I bite lip looking away my face burning red at the thought of what had happened after the amusement park. “Because, I’m not ready.” I whisper, the words hurting me immensely.

“So long as I’m the first person to know when you are,” Jackson says softly. I feel my heart beat a bit faster at his words, how he understands that I need time, that though I’ve told him, I can’t just be ready to tell everyone else.

As we get in the car, as usual Jackson and I sit next to each other, I wrap my small hand around his out of sight from the others, I give his hand a gentle squeeze, him sending one back to me as he carries on a conversation with Julia about how ridiculous it is that she’s shipping Melody with someone other than Mark.

“I’m just saying that she’s rather cute, I love my friend and she’s adorable with Taehyung, did you not seem them together on Running Man? They made quite the team, they work really well together. Namjoon was right about her and him getting along.”

“Absolutely not,” Jackson says adamantly. “Melody was just okay with him.”

Dayoung chuckles, “Jules, I’m pretty sure you’re not going to convert him to your Velody ship.”

“No, don’t name it!” Jackson whines, his hand gripping my a bit tighter. “Naming it makes it an actual thing.” Jackson is extremely concerned about the whole Mark and Melody situation.

“Look, Jackson, nothing is going to happen between them.” Julia says airily. “Besides, I’m pretty sure Mel is too lost in whoever she’s dating anyways.” At this statement the car goes quiet.

“So she is dating someone.” Jaebum says evenly. “Is that why she’s never around?”

Julia lets out an annoyed sigh. “Yeah, she’s not really thinking right now. Personally I think it’s going to crash and burn quickly, but it’s making her happy for the time being.”

“Meaning what?” Jinyoung asks furrowing his brows. “What happens when it does crash?”

Julia sighs pulling into the parking lot of our destination. “It means that we have to be there for her. Melody for once isn’t seeing the fallout and while I am happy she isn’t, I wish this one time she would.” I glance to Jackson who looks even more concerned. “Look, I know this isn’t what you wanted to hear, but for now we’re gonna have to be supportive and if it ends like I think it will then we’ll need to keep her sane.”

“You think it’ll be that bad?” I ask quietly. Melody is a really strong person, so imagining her losing it is difficult. She’s usually the one holding us up and supporting us in her own way. Cheering us on at stages, on twitter or Instagram, giggling on shows with us, pushing us to be us when we think we can’t be on shows or in public, Melody has always been the strong one.

“She’s been crumbling for a while now, since she got all those lectures for us going out.” Julia says while sighing. “Personally I don’t like that they held her responsible for all of us.”

“Why did they?” Jackson asks while shaking his head. “We all made the choice to go out, we even made sure it was okay with our managers, why’d she get in trouble for something like that?” He asks.

Dayoung, Julia and I all share a look, “Because she’s the one that’ll stick up for us.” I say quietly. “Melody wouldn’t let Junhyung get mad at us. I’m not really sure what Doojoon talked to her about, but I’m sure she held back from getting angry with him.”

“Melody will be fine so long as we’re there to help her out.” Dayoung says firmly. “Come on, let’s go.” She says getting out.

“Melody sat with Dayoung when everything came out about her, didn’t she?” Jaebum asks as Julia, Jinyoung and Jackson get out.

I nod my head slowly. “She sat with her for a long time.” I say following Jackson out.

Jaebum tugs me back as Jackson brightens up with Julia teasing him about his shirt and how cute it looks. “You’ll stick by Jackson like Melody did with Dayoung and all of us right?” He asks worriedly. “Jackson really likes you.”

I nod my head blinking slowly at the words. “I’ll stick by him.” I promise quietly as we both glance towards the loud and rather obnoxious boy currently arguing his shirt’s legitimacy with Dayoung and Julia.

I smile as I follow behind, silently finding the whole conversation to be ridiculous. Jackson’s hands had been surprisingly soft; it’s something that I found myself thinking about quite often since then…

My mind flashes to the way Jackson had caught me from tripping, to how his hand felt pulling me closer to him, to his lips against mine.

“You okay Cheonmi; you’re turning red over there.” Jinyoung says worriedly, at the mention Jackson has turned to look at me with an equally concerned face.

I nod my head waving it off. “I’m okay,” I mumble nervously as I focus back on the task at hand, ice skating. Everyone is looking at me worriedly as I move about getting my skates on and making sure they’re tied. “Really, I’m not gonna stop turning red until you guys stop staring at me.” I mutter trying not to pay too much attention to my friends at this point.

I get up and waddle my way to the ice before glancing back to see Jackson smirking slightly at me. “Well you heard the lady,” Jackson says getting up to follow me out.

“You know exactly why I turned red, I hate you.” I mutter as we skate on our own while the others all get their skates on.

Jackson’s voice is taunting, one of the few times he uses that kind of tone with me, and while I wouldn’t say it aloud, I do like it. “I can only hope you’d think about it. Though, I’d be more than happy to help you think about something else.”

I find myself blushing even more from those words, and surprised by how if we weren’t in public and with our friends, I’d be more than happy to take him up on that offer. But since I’ve started spending so much time with not just Jackson, Dayoung, Julia, and Melody (though not lately), I have my own reply for Jackson. “Well then, I guess you better be the one to drop me off later.” I say before skating off, only glancing over my shoulder to see Jackson’s surprised and blushing face. I feel rather proud of the reaction as I continue to skate ahead, leaving the poor boy trying to catch up and give me some sort of retort.


Mother of all things pure...
It has been way too long since I last updated. I am so sorry guys.
Just been a bit distracted and kinda uninspired, but slowly making my way back.
Sorry for the short update, next chapter will explain more and what have you. c;
Enjoy ducks! <3