Filming Gone Wrong

Life As The Second Male Lead

"D-daehyun, what are you doing?" Youngjae stuttered, trying to pry off the gun off his friend's hand. Fear and desperation started running through his eyes whilst rage and anger ran through the others'. 

Daehyun choked a sob and stared directly in to Youngjae's eyes.  "You knew this was going to happen. It's just happening a little earlier. If I can't have her, no one can."

"You don't understand at all, do you? She chose me! I didn't force her." Youngjae reasoned, looking back for the fear the she might see what's happening. 

Daehyun's hand shook as he held the gun in frustration, his eyes frantic and wild. "Enough! I don't want to hear lies! She loved me! We were happy before you came barging in."

"You were wrong." Youngjae insisted and Daehyun fired, making him fall on the floor dramatically, then she started screaming his name, making Daehyun's eyes go big a saucers.

"...but I forgive you." 

 

"Cut! It's a wrap everybody! Thank you for working hard."

 

"Of course when my character gets the girl I die." Youngjae snorted, making the PD laugh lightly. For him, it wasn't really a big deal though. But to some, it mattered. Since the acting industry knows one simple rule: If your character doesn't get the happy fairy tale ending, you're the second male lead.

And Youngjae is. Even though he never felt like one.

Daehyun  sat beside Youngjae, who was busy fiddling with his phone, handing the latter with a enormous cup of soda. Youngjae looked at the older with a shocked expression but Daehyun only shrugged.

"The noona told me to give one to you." Daehyun informed, tucking in his things in his backpack.

Youngjae nodded and continued devouring his drink. "One? Where's yours?"

"Finished it as I walked here."

"That's like ten steps from there." Youngjae noted, his expression obviously judging his hyung.

Daehyun raised a brow and scoffed. "For your information, I, the all mighty guy who just shot you, is hungry and thirsty. That's my excuse." 

"So are you guys going to bicker around or are you going to go to your next schedule?" Yonnguk, their snarky but nevertheless bearable manager scowled, grabbing the two actors by their shirts before dragging them out.

"Do you think you will win against me?" Daehyun shouted, trashing around, trying to be free from Yongguk's hold.  "I am the son of the CEO of the Jeguk Group!"

"Enough of this Gi Eok! She's never coming back! Move on and live your life." Youngjae shrieked, flapping his arm around. "Do you think Minah would want this for your life?"

Yongguk groaned as the two of them continued to splutter out lines from various dramas they've starred in, shouting, bawling and even crying at one point. The actors seemed to be oblivious of the fans that were waiting for them outside the site. 

"Oppas are playing around again!" a fan shouted, making everyone coo and laugh but the two couldn't care less. Finally, Daehyun managed to slip out of Yongguk's hold and ran for his life.  Going over to the fans to protect him from his seemingly pissed off manager.

"Hae Jook. This is good bye." Youngjae stuttered, looking at Daehyun and the fans as he is unable to slip out from Yongguk's iron fist. "Pl-please tell her I love her."

"No!" Daehyun shouted. 

Yongguk walked slowly towards Daehyun, his eyes turning in to narrow slits. "In the car before I shove my arm down your throat." he said lowly, making Daehyun nod.

"Bye!" Youngjae waved, entering their mini van followed by Daehyun but Yongguk stopped them. "What?"

"You're not riding here." Yongguk said cooly, fiddling with his phone. "There's a van behind us. That's your ride and I'll see you in.." he trailed off, looking at his watch.  "Six hours."

And with that the car drove off.

The two entered the white van when a girl who looked like the PD approached them and told them to enter. The van was small like any other but there was three things inside. A TV, a phone and a laptop.

"What is this?" Daehyun asked, looking around, noticing the cameras 'hidden' in the sides of the car.

Youngjae turned to the nearest camera. "Everyone, we may not come alive from this. Our manager betrayed us!"

Then, the TV flashed on, eliciting yelps from the actors.

"Jung Daehyun-ssi, Yoo Youngjae-ssi." a masked guy called. Daehyun snickered after hearing the '-ssi' but he decided to be quiet and go with the flow. "Now, both of you, decide. Pick one of the gadgets in front of you."

"What if I want the TV?" Youngjae asked, nose held up in the air but he huffed and grabbed the laptop, leaving Daehyun no choice but to pick the phone.

"Now, let's play a game."  The masked man laughed heartily, as the two watched him take off the mask. 

The him was a her.

 

And they both knew her.