Chapter 3: No Friend Of Mine

Secret (Discontinued)

While they were in the car Taeyeon stayed quiet. Tiffany wanted to start a conversation with her but she didn’t want to bother her. Tiffany kept taking glimpses of Taeyeon every once in a while. Taeyeon looked like a little kid yet she can act so mature. Tiffany’s heart began to beat faster and her face began to turn a little red so she immediately turned away. She looked around to see if anyone in the car had seen her, luckily they didn’t. They made it to the bowling alley and it was packed, there were so many cars, but they managed to find a parking space. They all got off the car and began to walk towards the entrance.

“Taeyeon are you okay?” Tiffany finally decided to ask.

“Hmmm? Oh yeah, why?”

“Well you haven’t said anything at all.”

“Don’t worry I’m fine…..promise.” Taeyeon said with a smile. There it was again that smile so pure and innocent.

“Okay.” Tiffany smiled back. They went inside and went for their shoes. There was a big line and they were also hungry. Taeyeon said she would stay in line for the shoes and they could go get something to eat. They agreed and left Taeyeon by herself in line. Taeyeon was looking around and suddenly someone tapped her shoulder from behind her, and she turned around.

“Taeyeon I didn’t know you were going to be here.”

“I’m starting to get the feeling your following me.”

“Haha don’t flatter yourself. I’m here with friends.”

“It was a joke.” Taeyeon said not really interested.

“Are you here by yourself?”

“No…..by the way what was your name again?”

“It’s Yuri.” It hurt Yuri a little at the fact that Taeyeon didn’t remember her name, but she didn’t show it. She hasn’t even known Taeyeon for a long time, heck not even a week, and yet she liked to be around her. She found Taeyeon fascinating.

“Right, and no I’m also here with friends.”

“Cool, maybe we can play a game together.”

“I don’t think so.”

“Why not?” Yuri asked. While they were having their conversation Taeyeon finally made it to the front of the line and got the shoes.

“I have to go, see you around Yuri.”

“Oh you will.” Yuri said with a smirk and Taeyeon left. Tiffany saw Taeyeon walking their way.

“Tiffany? What are you looking at?” Sunny asked with full of food.

“Nothing. I was just looking for Taeyeon.”

“Sorry I took so long, the line was taking forever.” Taeyeon said giving them the shoes.

“Were you talking to anyone?” Tiffany asked.

“No.” Taeyeon said and sat down. They began to eat before they began to play. Tiffany and Taeyeon were in a team and Sunny and Hyoyeon were in another. They played a few rounds and Taeyeon and Tiffany were winning.

“Yah you guys are cheating.” Hyoyeon yelled.

“No we aren’t, we’re just better at this game than you two.” Tiffany said. Then it was time to turn off the lights. They were switched off and the neon lights came on. When the neon lights came on everyone made a ‘woah’ sound. It was dark but every once in a while there was enough light to see everyone. The only problem was that it was getting a little too hot inside because the air conditioner wasn’t working properly. Taeyeon couldn’t take the heat anymore.

“Hey guys I’m going to step outside for a little, it’s getting a little too hot for me in here. I’ll be right back.” Taeyeon said walking towards the exit to get some fresh air. “*Sigh* Finally some fresh air.” Taeyeon said fanning herself with her hand.

“Do you need some help?”

“I swear you’re following me.”

“Can’t I get some fresh air too?”

“It’s hot in there isn’t it?”

“Very.” Yuri said getting closer to Taeyeon. Yuri didn’t even know why she was getting so close to Taeyeon, it was like her body was moving by itself.

“Have you ever heard of personal space?”

“No I haven’t. Would you like to tell me?”

“It’s when someone comes very close to another and invades their personal space. What you’re doing now is a perfect example. Usually when that happens they should step back.”

“Why? Am I getting to close for your comfort?”

“As a matter a fact you are.”

“I don’t know what it is about you, but I find you very intriguing.” Yuri was only inches from her lips.

“KIM TAEYEON! WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?!” Tiffany yelled.

“Nothing I was just leaving. See you in school Taeyeon.” Yuri said with a smile on her face.

“Why are you yelling Tiffany. I just came out for some fresh air. You don’t have to be so loud.”

“You’re lying to me again.” Tiffany said angry.

“Again? What do you mean again?”

“Inside when I asked you if you had spoken to anyone you said no.”

“That’s because I didn‘t.”

“Yes you did Taeyeon. I saw you talking to Yuri. You lied right to my face.”

“You’re over reacting right now. I hate it when you do that. I said no because I didn’t think she was important enough to talk about. We didn’t even talk about anything important, so why do you even care?”

“I am not over reacting. You two were giggling like you two were having a fun time and you say it was nothing. I bet you just came out here to talk to your new friend.”

“I just met her. And so what if she’s my friend, is it wrong to make new friends?”

“When I came out here you two were very close. Way to close. It almost looked like she wanted to ki-”

“Why did you come looking for me anyway.” Taeyeon asked annoyed.

“Because you left your phone inside and you got a call so I picked up.” Tiffany said holding Taeyeon’s phone.

“So that’s where I left it.” Taeyeon said realizing that’s where she had left it.

“That’s all your going to ask?”

“What else do you want me to ask?”

“Do you even care who called you?”

“*Sigh* Who called me?”

“It was your parents. Guess what they said?”

“I don’t know. That’s what you’re here for, to tell me why they called. I don’t like playing the asking game so just tell me.” Taeyeon said reaching her limit of patience.

“You had told me that you called your parents to ask them if they would let you go. You said they gave you permission to go.”

“Yeah, so?”

“You lied. They had said no. you want to know how I know that? They called to know where you were, but I picked up. I told them you were bowling with us and they said you asked them if you could go, but they said no.”

“Oh right, now I remember.”

“That’s all you can say? You say it like you don’t care.” Tiffany said on the verge of crying.

“That’s because I don’t care. You wanted me to come so I did. I don’t get you.”

“I never asked you to come. You came on your own.”

“Okay then I’ll leave.”

“Why are you being like this?”

“Because I’ve had it with you. All you’ve been these past years is dead weight on my shoulders that I’ve had to carry and I’m done.”

“What? That’s all I am to you?”

“Are you sure you want me to keep going? Because I assure you you’re not going to like it.”

“Hyoyeon was right…….promises are meant to be broken. I should have learned by now that I can’t believe anything you say anymore. You’re a complete stranger.”

“Well that’s your own fault not mine. If you have nothing else to tell me then I’m leaving.” Taeyeon said taking her phone from Tiffany’s hand and beginning to walk away. Before she could leave Tiffany grabbed her and turned her around. “What do you wa-” And Taeyeon received a slap to the face.

“I never want to see or speak to you again.” Tiffany said crying.

“You made a big mistake Tiffany. You think I care if you stop talking to me, news flash Tiffany, I’ll be better off without you.” Taeyeon said without nay remorse. Taeyeon was beginning to get angry and with her right fist Taeyeon hit Tiffany in the face and knocked her out. “No one messes with me……I swear all these people are so annoying.” Taeyeon said walking away, leaving Tiffany on the floor. She went back inside for her shoes but made sure Hyoyeon and Sunny didn’t see her. She knew they were going to ask her a lot of questions tomorrow, that is if they even talk to her. She began walking home. It wasn’t completely dark, there were a few lights that made it visible.

“I knew you were going to do something like this.” Taeyeon said.

“Sorry I took so long.” The other part of her said mockingly.

“Everything was going fine up until you showed up.”

(When Taeyeon was in her house)

Before Taeyeon texted Tiffany she decided to call her parents and ask them if she could go bowling.

“Hello, mom?’

“Taeyeon? What do you need sweety?”

“Nothing, I was just calling to ask if I could go bowling with my friends today.”

“Taeyeon I don’t think-”

“Please please please~”

“Taeyeon I’m sorry but the answer is no.”

“Why not? It’s been a long time since I’ve hung out with them.”

“Your attitude hasn’t been the best and you expect me to act like nothing happened.”

“I promise things will get better. Please let me go.” Taeyeon pleaded.

“The answer is still no. Actions come with consequences. I‘m sorry Taeyeon.” And Taeyeon’s mom hung up.

“Great now what am I going to do. I should just tell Tiffany and tell her I can’t go.” Taeyeon said begging to text Tiffany.

“I have a better idea. Why don’t you just go and say they gave you permission. Your parents don‘t have to know.” Taeyeon knew it was going to come back sooner or later.

“I knew this was too good to be true.”

“Awww did you miss me?”

“I can’t go and I won’t go. You won’t be able to convince me, so go away.”

“I’m just trying to help you……help us.”

“There is no us. It’s just me and your just a psycho maniac.”

“Okay then. I gave you a chance to go yourself, but I guess you need a little help.”

“N-no please don’t make me d-do anything. Just for once let me be.”

“Where’s the fun in that?”

“P-please n-no-”
“My turn to have some fun.”
And Taeyeon’s other side took over and began to text Tiffany.

(End of flashback)

“Why did you have to hit Tiffany? All you had to do was walk away.”

“That is a very easy question. She was annoying me, so I did what I had to to shut her up.”

“What were you planning to do with Yuri?”

“She was the one who was approaching me okay. I was just going along with it. But hey she’s not that bad. I like her better than Tiffany, that’s for sure.”

“Well I like Tiffany. She’s my best friend and I don’t want to lose her.”

“See Taeyeon this is your problem. You have friends, but you have to realize they will leave you. Everyone will leave. All you need is yourself.”

“No. Friends stick by you and help you. Being alone makes you miserable.”

“Now your starting to annoy me. I’m done talking with you.” The other part of her took control and Taeyeon was emotionless once again. Taeyeon was walking up to the front of her house and the first person to open the door was her mother.

“Taeyeon I am very disappointed in you. I told you you couldn’t leave and you disobeyed me.” Taeyeon’s mom said furiously.

“Chill out. I’m home aren’t I?” Taeyeon said walking past her. Her mom kept yelling at her but all Taeyeon did was go up to her room and close the door. “Your mom is so annoying.”

“Why don’t you just leave me alone. Can’t you understand I don’t need you.”

“Even if I do leave, how are you going to explain to your little friends the reason why you were acting that way?”

“I-I would tell them why.”

“Really? Would you say ‘I was being controlled by something and I’m sorry for all the things I did.’ I doubt you would tell them.” It said mockingly.

“I’d tell them everything.”

“Then if your so sure you’d tell them, why haven’t you?”

“Because……because…”

“I know why. Because your scared if you do tell them they will think your nuts and leave you. And you haven’t told your parents either because they might send you to a nut house. Am I wrong?”

“…………”

“That’s what I thought……I bet they wont even talk to you tomorrow.” Taeyeon knew it was right. She walked into her bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror.

“W-why do you say th-that?” Taeyeon asked.

“Remember you punched Tiffany.” Her reflection responded back to her.

“No!! You did that.”

“But do you think Tiffany is going to believe you? Do you think anyone will believe you without looking at you like your crazy?”

“What do I have to do for you to leave me alone?”

“Don’t waste your time asking that question because I won’t tell you.” Taeyeon felt relieved because that meant that there was a way to get rid of it, she just had to find how.

(At the bowling alley)

“Tiffany? Tiffany….wake up.” Sunny asked.

“Huh? Wh-what happened?” Tiffany said holding the left side of her face because there was a throbbing pane. She touched her lip and when she looked at her hand she saw blood. All she tasted was the iron taste of her blood.

“I was going to ask you that same question. Why is your lip bleeding and why are you on the floor?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I don’t know….the last thing I remember was talking to Tae-” Tiffany paused trying to remember what happened. “Taeyeon….it was Taeyeon.”

“Taeyeon? What about her, and where did she go?” Sunny asked looking around.

“She was the one who did this to me. She hit me.” Tiffany was on the verge of crying again because she was remembering everything Taeyeon had told her and done.

“What?! Taeyeon hit you. And she just left you here?” Sunny said in disbelief.

“How long have I been passed out?” Tiffany asked.

“For about two hours or so. We decided to come and look for you because we thought you were taking too long, and when we came out here you were on the floor. We couldn’t find Taeyeon though.” Hyoyeon said helping Tiffany to her feet.

“You were right Hyoyeon.”

“I was right? About what?”

“Taeyeon is a complete stranger. I never thought she would lay a hand on me. You should have been here to witness the things she said to me. It was like it wasn’t even her. She said the most horrible things.”

“I told you Tiffany, but you two have been best friends for so long that you just didn’t wan to believe it.” Hyoyeon said.

“Well she’s no friend of mine anymore.” Tiffany said.

“What are we going to do now? Are we still going to talk to her?” Sunny asked. She knew the answer to her question but still decided to ask it.

“She’s been treating us like crap for too long and now it’s our turn. Let’s see how she likes it if we treat her the way she treated us.” Hyoyeon said.

“Tiffany say something? Are you agreeing to this? We should be the better person here. She might have treated us like , but we have no idea why. We can’t do this. It’s messed up.” Sunny said trying to convince them.

“I’ve asked her why she was being like that so many times I’m done. I’ve tried so hard to help her with something I don’t even know what I was helping her with because she would never tell me. I’m sorry Sunny but I snapped back to reality and you should too.” Tiffany said.

“Okay…..but I hope you guys know what your doing. She‘s been your best friend for a really long time and your willing to jeopardize that Tiffany? And she‘s been our friend for a long time too Hyoyeon.” Sunny said.

“I lost my best friend a long time ago. I don’t know who that person is anymore. She’s physically there but that’s not her. Taeyeon is dead to me…..I don’t want to keep talking about this anymore. Let’s go home.” And they were on there way home. It hurt her to say these things but it was true. She loved Taeyeon, she really did, but there comes a point where you cant help someone that doesn’t want to be helped, no matter how hard you try.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

Hey there guys. Here is another update. What do you think about my new edit I made? Hope you like it. Are you liking the story so far? Should I continue? Haha I realized a lot of you want YulTae…..hmmm….should it be YulTae? I don't know yet. I didn’t proof read this so there might be some mistakes. OMG the bad Taeyeon is back, you guys probably saw that coming. My birthday is coming up soon, and guess what?…..I’m graduating, finally going out into the world on my own. Just thought I’d say that. Anyways I really want your guy’s feedback, I would really appreciate it. I’ve been talking to long. Have you checked out my instagram (taeyeon_lovesnsd)? You should read my other story too Best Friends….Haha I know I talk too much, okay Bye bye now. Peace out!!