Chapter 6

Let Me be Your Tiffany

CHAPTER 6

 

"Hey Taeyeon, I’m ready for your ..."

Surprise.

There, standing right in front of me, in my kitchen, Taeyeon’s surprise. An oddly familiar woman now standing with her back facing me. Seeing her like that made ​​me had to fight against the urge to hug her from behind. Something I usually did to Tiffany.

Would it have the same warmth, or would I smell the same shampoo when I buried my face in her hair?

While I was busy thinking about it, she suddenly turned around and faced me.

"Ah!" she spitted some orange juice before screaming and almost dropped the bottle of juice from her grasp.

That snapped me back to reality as I felt her wide eyes stared into mine. "Oh sorry, did I surprise you?"

"N-no. Hmm ... but yeah, a little, hehe ..."she scratched her neck and then smiled. Smile that made anyone who saw it would also felt happiness conveyed in it. Smile that made butterflies in my stomach dance like there's no tomorrow.

"Well, Jessica, are you okay?"

"Huh?" I was dumbfounded.

"You sure like zoning out, yes?" she chuckled then said, "Sorry I checked your fridge and took your drink without permission. Waiting makes me a little thirsty."

I turned to her who now suddenly have stood beside me. Looked like I zoned out too long to not realize she was walking toward me.

"Did I make you wait too long? Uh sorry," I said.

"Not really," she stopped talking and then looked around, obviously avoiding my gaze at her. "Hmm Jessica?

“Yes?”

“Are we going to just stand like this?"

I stopped staring at her and suddenly said, "No. Not, of course, you have to sit, I- I mean ... please sit down." I pulled out a chair and motioned her to sit.

"Thank you."

 

 

We sat across each other and didn’t utter a single word. I didn’t know what to do and what to say, I was never good at making a conversation especially with a stranger. And to make it worse, the stranger was her! I didn’t know that I would meet her again like this. This was all because of Taeyeon. Yeah, right! Taeyeon! Where the hell was that midget?

"Uh, Jessica, Taeyeon… earlier..." she stopped my train of thoughts like she could read my mind.

"Where is she now?" I suddenly cut her words. Seemed like it made her a little bit surpirsed.

"She told me that she has something to with her job. She said she had to go and told me to stay here and wait until you finished bathing and dressing. She also said you wanted to meet me and tell me something important," she explained hesitantly.

"Important?" In the middle of her explanation, I snapped and asked.

"Yes, just like what she told me a few days ago. She met me outside the club, about 3 A.M, when I finished my work."

"Wait, you mean like she waited for you until 3 A.M?"

"I don’t know, maybe.” She continued, “I saw her in the club when I was dancing. She was alone and kept staring at me. I saw her and remembered that she was a friend of a woman who made a scene few days ago at the club."

"Do you remember me?" I asked, feeling a little happy with the fact that she remembered me.

She nodded and laughed, "Of course! Not every day I find a woman shouting in the middle of the club, who suddenly demanded the DJ to turn off the music."

I cover my face with my palms and muttered, "Sorry, I must have messed up your performance that night."

"Not really, I continued dancing just like what a professional did and all the guests seems like already forget about the action you did and focus back on me."

I nodded, "Good."

The atmosphere became quite again. It made ​​me feel awkward. I looked up and found the girl was busy playing with the bottle she took from my fridge a while ago.

"Jessica, don’t you feel hungry?" she asked out of the blue.

 

 

****

 

 

I ordered pizza for our breakfast. I know eating pizza for breakfast sounds odd, but this girl said that it was almost lunch time so we could consider this as lunch.

We both ate in silence. Occasionally, I looked over at her, who was engrossed in her food, obviously ignoring me.

"Well it feels like a long time ago since the last time I ate pizza, but actually I just ate it last night," she said with a laugh.

"Do you like pizza?" I asked.

"Like it! Love it!" she enthused.

I smiled at the thought of something and said, "You know, you are very different from her. She doesn’t like pizza or other junk food. She also doesn’t like to talk while eating, let alone laugh. She doesn’t like to drink juice straight from the bottle, let alone drinking juice that taken without permission from someone’s fridge."

I saw the girl who now stopped eating and looked at me with a puzzled stare.

I continued, "What is your name?"

She was taken aback, and then put the pizza she held to the plate. She wiped the sauces from her hand with her shirt and offered her hand for handshake.

"Ah, sorry. Stupid, stupid me. I forgot to introduce myself," she gently proffered her hand to me. My hands are sweaty so I give them a quick nonchalant wipe on my pants before shaking her hand. "My  name is Stephanie. Nice to meet you, Jessica. "

Stephanie? I laughed to myself. Wasn’t this an incredible coincidence? Not only her physical that looked a lot like Tiffany, but even their name sound the same. Tiffany and Stephanie.

 

 

After a short introducing the atmosphere changed a little. I found out that she was actually very talkative.

"Oh yes, don’t you have something important to tell me?" she asked.

"I don’t know, I guess" I replied.

"You don’t know? What do you mean? "

I know all of this was just Taeyeon’s idea. She should have lied to convince Stephanie to come to my apartment.

"What did Taeyeon say to you?"

She began to explain everything. She even mimicked Taeyeon’s accent and style. She said that Taeyeon kept forcing her until she gave in and agreed to come see me.

"Really? She did that? "I said with a laugh. Stephanie was very funny she mimicked Taeyeon very well.

"Yes! She said, 'Come on Stephanie, Sica really really wants to meet you. This is very important!'" She paused and continued, "Then I said, 'That has nothing to do with me, anyway, I don’t even know your friend'".

I feel a bit sad with what Stephanie told me. There was nothing wrong with what she said, we did not know one another. But it made ​​me feel a little hurt.

"Then what makes you here now?"

"She paid me,” she said beaming an eyesmile at me.

"Pay you?" I said, taken aback.

"Yes, of course. I really need money now. Anyway being paid to meet you doesn’t hurt, right?" She said still with the same smile. "Well, now what would you say? You don’t want to waste your friend’s money, do you?"

 

 

***

 

 

I called Taeyeon immediately as Stephanie walked out of my apartment.

"Hello Jessica! What's up?"

"Don’t ‘what’s up’ me, Taeyeon. What do you mean by sending her here?" I said angrily.

"The girl had a name, Sica. Her name is Stephanie."

I cut Taeyeon, "I know. Why? Why did you do it? "

I could hear Taeyeon took a deep breath before answering, "I do not know what else I could do tou you Sica. You ignored me for days since our arguments in front of the club at that time. I'm afraid that, that you became like that again."

"What do you mean?" I snapped.

"You know what I mean, Sica. A year since Tiffany’s death ... y-you ... I know you’ve experienced a hard times. You couldn’t forget Tiffany and sometimes thought that she is still alive,” she stopped and stared at me, “And  finally, after a year you come back to be ... normal."

Taeyeon stopped talking for a while. So did I.

"Then, that night, you see her. I guess it just your…your imagination again, or maybe because you were drunk. That night, I didn’t even realize it. Maybe I was drunk too, we even fight because I didn’t believe with what you say. That you see Tiffany."

I just stayed quiet and let her continue.

"Sica. Your eyes were not wrong, you were not drunk. She definitely looks like Tiffany, but she's not Tiffany. That girl named Stephanie. I came to the club again, to see her and make sure of what you're saying. And I know it's crazy, but ... but the girl really looks a lot like Tiffany, from head to toe."

 

 

***

 

 

Taeyeon told me everything. How she stalked her and then finally managed to persuade Stephanie to come to my apartment.

"But you don’t have to pay for it," I said to Taeyeon.

We are now sitting at a café. We decided to meet at the café and talk about it. Finally I talked with Taeyeon again after that stupid argument that night.

"She said she just want to come with me only if I pay for it, she said there is nothing free in this world," Taeyeon explained.

"Really? She didn’t say it like that to me this morning." I continued, “she said that you offered her the payment."

"Liar, she initially filed a very high charge. So after a pretty intense bidding finally we reach an agreement," said Taeyeon, grinning evilly.

"What is it? Don’t you dare do something stupid, Kim Taeyeon," I warned her.

She laughed and sipped her coffee while looking at me with that stupid evil gaze. She put her glass back on the table and fixed her seat position. Facing me straight.

"She will come to your apartment every morning for a week. Before you leave for college, just consider her as a replacement for me and your mother who came every morning just to make you breakfast."

I can’t believe what she said just now, my mouth opened and then closed again trying to say something but nothing came from my mouth. What the hell Kim Taeyeon!

"But ..."

"No but, Sica. You don’t want to waste your friend’s money, do you?"

“Shut up! And wipe that stupid grin off your face!” I growled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

Hi all !!! Sorry I have just update this fic, I tried to update it earlier, but there was some problems with my laptop.

I hope this chapter could explain some things and doesn’t disappoint you.

Thanks for the comments, subscribes, and votes. Did I really make you confused? Mian~ hehe...

I hope for more comments for this chapter and it would be better if you could give some reviews or even advice ^^

Thanks :D