Chapter 2

Let Me be Your Tiffany

CHAPTER 2

 

 

"Tiffany?" I whispered without opening my eyes. I knew Tiffany would not hear me, let alone answer my call.

Tiffany was not the kind of person who would spend her precious morning to sleep, doze and roll around on the bed like I usually do. Yes! Tiffany was a morning person. She loved morning more than anything, maybe more than her love for me. I ever thought about getting up earlier, I really wanted to get up early and found her asleep beside me, smell her morning scents, and of course got a good morning kiss from Tiffany. I knew it might sound weird, but for three years we lived together, I've never seen how Tiffany's face while she's sleeping! Did she snore? or did she even drool in her sleep? Of course not! I was sure of it! Tiffany was too perfect for that kind of thing. I was also sure that her morning breath would remain the same, like strawberry and mint. There would be no puffy eyes or eye bags that should be covered with makeup.

And I, Jessica, Tiffany's girlfriend, was completely the opposite. I really loved sleep, and certainly not more than my love for Tiffany. It was just Tiffany never had a heart to wake me up in the morning. She said, 'You're sleeping like a baby, and I do not have a heart to wake you up, especially if you sleep like that.'

Tiffany's heart was just too kind like an angel, or maybe she was just strange? Hahaha. She was the only person who said that I sleep like a cute baby. My roommate back then in high school said that I slept like a bull and my mom said that I slept like a dead person. And hell no, Tiffany was not strange, she was just too good, and that was what made me fell in love for her.

I rolled over in bed, trying to find Tiffany's warmth and scents on her pillow. "Hmm, strawberry," I muttered, squinting and kept sniffing his pillow.

I had a habit of sniffing something. I sniffed food before I eat, sniffed the clothes before I wear, sniffed pencil before I write, and sniffed Tiffany! My friends said that I was like a police dog, meanwhile Tiffany said, 'Jessi, you're so adorable, just like a puppy.' Hahaha, see? Tiffany was that kind!

I smiled while thinking about how Tiffany smiled at me when I did those weird yet 'adorable' things, at least for her.

Bzzz... bzzz...

"Ughh," I groaned while trying to reach my phone on the nightstand.

My phone kept vibrating and then stopped just as I managed to reach it. "Damn. An unknown number died before I managed to pick it up. Do I have to call back? Ah leave it, I hope it's not something important."

I threw my phone on the bed and tried to close my eyes again. It was Sunday and there was no class or an appointment with anyone today. Me and Tiffany had agreed to laze around and watch the movie at home alone today.

"Ah right Tiffany!" I jumped off the bed.

Strange. I knew Tiffany did not have the heart to wake me up but she would never let me sleep like this, even though on Sunday. She would come to the room to just sit beside me and my hair. I knew it because I was not fully asleep. I was just too lazy to open my eyes. And I was sure Tiffany also know that, she knew that I was up and she would wait until I opened my eyes. Usually she would kiss my forehead, my eyelids, nose, and stopped at my lips. She would say, 'I know you're up, you're just looking for a reason so that I come, your hair, and give you a good morning kiss.'

But not this morning. There was no sign of Tiffany.

 

 

I walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door. "Tiffany, are you in there?"

There was no answer. I knocked again, Tiffany did not like when I went to the bathroom when she was inside. "Looks like she's not in the bathroom," I said as I turned the knob and opened it. True, there was no Tiffany.

"Tiffany?"

I ran out of the room. I felt bad. It was weird, Tiffany should be here, woke me up and told me to take a bath because breakfast was ready.

"Honey? Where are you? "

I ran into the kitchen, hoping Tiffany greeted me with a warm smile and a warm coffee, our favorite. But no. The kitchen was too cold for a warm breakfast with Tiffany.

I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. 11:30 AM. Too late for a breakfast.

'Did she go out?' I thought to myself.

I walked toward the fridge. Tiffany would usually sticked a note on the fridge door if she had to go in the morning before I woke up.

I saw a little pink note. It was Tiffany's handwriting, complete with a smileys and love signs, typical Tiffany.

'Baby, I'm out for a while, to convenience store on the 1st floor. Hehe.. We're running out of your favorite cereal, I forgot to buy it when I was shopping yesterday. PS: I hope you're up and read this note. Shower immediately and wait for your wifey home ;)'

I smiled sheepishly when she called herself 'my wife'. We had been dating for four years and lived together for three years. She said that Tiffany is the wifey and Jessica is the hubby. At first I did not agree with it, it made me feel like an ahjussi who has a mustache with big arms and broad shoulders.

"Well! Jessica! This is not the time to smile like an idiot and thinking about those stupid things! It's already 11:30 and she is still out there to buy you that stupid cereal!" I snapped and knocked my head.

I tried to calm myself. I sat at the kitchen table and think.

"OK, Tiffany would have been out earlier. Normally she would prepare breakfast at 8 after a shower, and now it's 11.30 already! After all she was just out to go to the convenience store on the 1st floor."

I paused and then got up and rushed to take my jacket in our shared bedroom.

"I have to look for her. Something might happen," I paused to think about the possibilities that happen. "Ah no, no. Not going to happen. Maybe...maybe Tiffany met an old lady who brought so much groceries, and helped her bringing it to her apartment, then that granny invited her to have some tea... and yes, true, Tiffany is just that kind, she can't refuse an old lady's invitation. Yeah right... really just like that."

I rushed to lock the door of our apartment and then ran toward the elevator.

 

 

Ding.

The elevator door opened and two men in police uniforms came out of the elevator. I smiled and nodded and then directly walk into the elevator. But before I could push the first floor button, one of the policemen called me and hold the elevator door.

"Sorry miss, do you know Jessica Jung?" said the tall and cold-faced policeman.

I was surprised when she said my name. 'What is it? Why are they looking for me?' I thought.

"Miss?" The other cop, who had a more friendly face, wave his hand in front of me while kept holding the elevator door.

"Ah sorry, y-yes. I'm Jessica, Jessica Jung," I said as I realized after a stunned for awhile.

I could see the changes on both of their face, they bowed but again tried to compose themselves and faced me with professional attitude but seemed more sympathetic.

"What is it? What happened?"

I stepped out of the elevator with my knees suddenly buckled. Why? Did it have something to do with Tiffany?

My breath hitched in my throat and I was pretty sure my heart stopped. I felt my vision blurred. I held my head, suddenly dizzy.

'No, please, do not tell me this has something to do with Tiffany,' I thought.

"Miss, are you alright?" said the friendly-faced police. He held my shoulders and helped me up. I looked at him and could see his friendly face turned into a worry one.

"Siwon, please call one of the occupants of the apartments on this floor, it looks like this young lady is fainted."

No, I did not pass out. I could still hear his voice. I could still hear the cold-faced officer named Siwon knocked someone's apartment door. And I could still recognize Yuri's voice.

"Oh! S-sorry I was shocked, h-how can I help you?"

I could still hear the voice of Yuri talking to the police.

A few moments later I heard footsteps, Yuri ran to me who was trying to stand up, or rather, was carried by the police.

"Jessica ... Jessica?"

Yuri called me but I couldn't do anything. It felt the same like when I was too lazy to open my eyes in the morning, the difference was it was not drowsiness. But still, I could not open my eyes. Eventually everything became really dark and I could not hear the voices of people around me.


 


 


 


 

 

 

"Jessi ... Jessi... wake up..." I heard Tiffany whispered in my ear.

"Tiffany?" I muttered.

"Jessica, it's me, Yuri."

"Yuri," I said confusedly. I slowly opened my eyes and wiped my eyes. Why was Yuri here? And why was my head hurts?

"Jessica, are you okay?" Taeyeon's turn to speak now.

"Taeyeon?" I said still dazed.

"Yes, it's me, Taeyeon and beside me is Yuri. Did you forget us, Sica?” I see Taeyeon with a puzzled look. What is the purpose of this old midget? Did she think I lost my memories and suddenly forget them?

"Well, Kim Taeyeon, of course I know you. The problem is, why am I here and why are you here? "I felt annoyed.

"S-Sica..." Taeyeon said softly, rubbing my arm. Huh, what was that? Normally she would be angry if I snapped at her, and now why would she even be gentle and looked at me with sad eyes like this?

"Jessica, drink this warm tea to soothe your mind first," I looked at Yuri toward who gave me a glass of warm tea.

I nodded and drank the tea. They both sat down beside me and looked at me with a look I could not understand. The three of us just kept quite and I began to feel uncomfortable. Under normal circumstances I would yell at them because I think the way they look at me are very annoying. Moreover, Taeyeon, no one wanted to be stared by a ert this long.

"Ahem," I cleared my throat and they were shocked.

Taeyeon finally decided to start talking. "Jessica, do you not remember the police coming this afternoon?"

"Oh yeah, right, where are they now? Didn't they come to look for me? "

"Yes, they came to find you and now they've gone. But earlier, Yuri and I have talked with them," Taeyeon put her hand on my knee and gave me a smile. Unlike the usual Taeyeon.

Taeyeon and I were close friends, no, best friends, I would admit it. Although from the outside we loved to tease each other and often quarrel with each other, but in fact we could not be separated. I understood how Taeyeon really is and vice versa. I knew what the meaning behind all the facial expressions of Taeyeon and she could not hide it from me.

And this time, I knew there was something wrong. Something must have happened. Taeyeon's face, reminded me when she came to my house that night, when I was a grade 4 back then. She came to cheer me. At that time I lost my sister, my baby sister who died in labour. I've talked a lot to Taeyeon about our plans to play with my sister when she became a little bit big and can walk. When I knew that I would not see my sister, I cried all day and locked myself in my room. I didn't want my family to approach me except Taeyeon. She told me everything would be fine. Taeyeon stayed the night at my house and she hugged me to sleep.

 

 

"T-tae, what's wrong?" I started crying, I knew what was happening. Something must have happened.

Taeyeon hugged me. I cried in her embrace while she kept rubbing my back. Oh God, this was really the same as that night. But now what happens?

I heard Taeyeon crying. Taeyeon never cried, she would be very embarrassed if caught her crying in front of me. Ever since we were little, Taeyeon always protect me from those boys who bully me, I would run and then cried out looking for Taeyeon, then she would come and kick those boys.

But not this time, Taeyeon was crying and kept saying, "Don't cry, Jessica. Please don't cry."

I pulled away from the hug and then looked at her red face.

"Taengoo, you are the one who cry," I said, wiping her tears and also kept crying.

Taeyeon looked down and continued to sob.

"Taeyeon don't cry, I'm the one who usually cry, you're not supposed to cry," I said half-jokingly.

I wiped my tears and then wiped Taeyeon's tears. Taeyeon stop crying although occasionally I could still her audible sobs. She kept looking down and I could see her shoulder shaking.

"Well, now tell me what happened," I said softly, lifting her chin.

Her cheerful eyes are red and swollen now. Taeyeon just shook her head.

"Hmm, well, let me continue then," said Yuri suddenly after silently watching me and Taeyeon crying.

"J-jessica," Yuri stuttered and then stopped for a moment and took a deep breath. After feeling a little calm, Yuri continued, "Jessica, the police had come looking for you and they happen to see you when you want to get into the elevator."

I just kept quite and nodded, waiting for Yuri continued.

"Then all of a sudden you were passed out and they called for help. They brought you here and then Taeyeon came."

"So you do not call Taeyeon?" I said cut Yuri's explanation.

"N-no. Taeyeon came because she was worried about you," Yuri said as she turned toward Taeyeon who was still looking at the floor.

"Worried?"

"Yes, uh, wait a sec Jessica, let me continue."

I nodded again and this time let Yuri continued.

"It's about Tiffany."

Suddenly I got up from the couch but Yuri pulled me to sit.

"Yuri, where Tiffany? Is she home?” I tried to pull my arm from Yuri's grip.

"Jessica, sit down and listen," Yuri was standing in front of me now, holding my shoulders tightly.

"But Tiffany must be waiting for me now, she just went out to buy cereal. Ah she would be very upset if I did not have breakfast."

"Jessica! Sit down and listen!" Taeyeon suddenly spoke with her hoarse voice because of crying.

I looked at Taeyeon and then sat down again. I looked at Yuri, signed her to continue. But this time Taeyeon decided to talk.

"Jessica, I know it will be very difficult for you. I will so. I don't even know how to tell you this."

Yuri and I shift our view to Taeyeon. Taeyeon looked at me and continued.

"This morning I got a call from one of the resident of this apartment who also was shopping in the store, just like Tiffany."

My breath hitched when Taeyeon mentioned Tiffany's names. Taeyeon noticed it and then hold my hands.

Then she went on, "she said she saw your phone number on Tiffany's speed dial and tried to call you but you didn't pick it up, then she looked for other contacts in Tiffany's phone and found my number."

"Did Tiffany drop her phone and lost it?" I said.

Taeyeon shook her head, "No Jessica, Tiffany....."

Taeyeon stopped talking and looked at me.

"No Taeyeon, I beg you, don't tell me that...."


 


 


 


 

A / N: sorry I just updated this fic.

I just finished my final exams >. <

Hopefully, this chapter does not disappoint you guys : D

Gomawo ~ ~ ~