Chapter VI

Bad Plus Good Equals?


Chapter VI



 

“So… what now?” She asked as she observed his physical appearance today. And she must say, he’s so damn handsome today with that simple white skull t-shirt, black jeans, and white sneakers. But he looked so bored with this whole thing but it seems he’s just being loyal to his best friends.

 

“Where’d ya want to go?” He asked simply while yawning as he asked. Feeling confused, she looked at him questionably as he answered simply, “ 'Sides, we don’t 've anythin' to do and those lovebirds probably mad if we leave ‘em so ain’t it better if we have fun instead?”

 

“Let’s watch movies then.” She suggested as she pointed at the theater not so far from them. But for the reply he just shook his head in disapproval. “You asked my opinion and you didn’t even agree to what I say? What a party popper.” She said, obviously annoyed at his words.

 

“Tch, bookworm… Believe me! I’ve watched those movies and those movies are boring. There ain’t any good movies playin' in this mall. If ya want somethin' fun, I suggested we eat lunch first or play arcade games. That's more fun.” He said.

 

“Oh really? Well then, I’m hungry. Let’s grab a food first before going to the arcade!” She said as she smiled at him.

 

“What do ya want for lunch?” He asked her while looking around.

 

The question did startle her a little since she didn’t expect for him to ask her instead she expected him to drag her to a restaurant without considering her own opinion. “Surprise me!” Chorong challenged as she smiled slyly at him.

 

He laughed at her expression as he shook his head while kept laughing. “It’s easy to make ya happy, y’know. As long as I’m payin', I bet that’s gonna make ya happy.”

 

“…!” She gasped as she looked at him but soon smiled since she couldn’t suppress her smile anymore. “How’d you know?” She asked while looking at him. He did know much about her. She took a credit for that.

 

“Your face was the type of those kinds who likes free food. No wonder your face is round ‘n you’re so fat.” He said simply as he rolled his eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. His words made him earned a playful punch on his shoulder. “What’s that for!?” He shouted grumpily, not knowing what he had done wrong. Woohyun, you can’t say the fat word to girls! It’s a big mistake!

 

She shoot him a glare while muttering, “There’s no particular reason.” Oh she couldn’t understand him at all! There’s one time when he’s being super nice and there’s one time when he’s a total jerk. God, please tell her how to predict his personality.

 

“Oh shut up with those grumpy looks! Are ya hungry or not? ‘Cause I ain’t wastin' my money just to cheer up a grumpy little girl like ya.” He said while walking away from her, didn’t really mind if she’s following him or not.

 

“Wait for me!!” She shouted as she matched his footsteps while walking besides him. “By the way, I’ve been wondering something lately… Can I ask?” She said but she didn’t get any response from him so she just continued what she wanted to say, “Why’d you have to act all tough, Woohyun? I know you’re a good guy…” Chorong said as she poked Woohyun’s arm to get his attention, afraid he might not even listen to her.

 

“Ain't your business.” He said as he entered a simple seafood restaurant while she followed behind him. She tried to hold his arm to get his attention again but failed when he already walked fast in front of her. She just sighed at her failed attempt and kept following him.

 

“Pick anythin'. I’m payin'.” Woohyun said simply before he sat on the chair and took a menu on the table. Chorong sat across him while did the same as him. She took a menu and observed the menu very well. Soon, her face lit up when she see the cheap price on the list. She can order many then! Maybe he won’t mind…

 

“May I help you, sir?” The waiter asked while getting ready to write the orders with the pen. Both of them observed the menu for a minute before saying their orders. After both of them said their orders, the waiter left them alone.

 

“So, mind answering my question?” Chorong asked while looking at him curiously. She putted her elbow on the table while rested her head on her palms and waited him to answer her question.

 

“No.” He replied her simply as always before looking at the window, completely intended to ignore her for few minutes.

 

Seeing him so uninterested with her question, she decided to bring up another topic. “I’m not the type a girl who thinks ‘You’re not a girl if you don’t know the fun of shopping’. So, after we going to the arcade… mind take me somewhere?”

 

He looked at her while raised an eyebrow. “Why don’t you go by yourself?” He asked her while rolled an eye at her before turning his head towards the window again. This attitude didn’t really bother her anymore since she’s getting used to his behavior every day.

 

But she doesn’t want him to know about it. So, she huffed in forced annoyance while tapping her fingers at the table, “I’m too lazy to take a public transportation and I ever saw you driving a motorcycle.” She pointed out lazily as she looked at him, waiting for an answer and she didn’t take no as an answer.

 

“Do I have any other option here?” He asked while rubs his face in defeat. See? What she wanted, she’ll get it. No matter what the risks are, she will work hard to get what she wanted. Hah, in your face, Nam Woohyun.

 

“No, you don’t have. So just take me there!” She said to, more like ordered, him. “I just want to visit my siblings…” She said happily while grinning at him.

 

“Ya sure gonna make a good use of this whole free thing. I bet you’re gonna making me pay the goddamn food, making me pay the goddamn game later, making me take ya here and there with my own damn motorcycle. And probably ya already planned on making me bankrupt today!” He shouted in disbelief as he groaned in frustration. “My sweety money gonna leave my pocket today. Geez.”

 

“Hey! I didn’t say I’m going to let you pay the game at the arcade later!” She shouted as she glared at him. How dare he think something so badly about her!?

 

“You didn’t say but ya did think about it.” He pointed out the fact as if he knew many things about her.

 

But he did know her well since it’s true. She giggled and grinned slyly at him, “Thinking wouldn’t do harm, right?” She laughed when he’s expression turned so bitter as he watched her laughing so loud.

 

“As long as ya didn’t do it, no harm…” He emphasized the word ‘didn’t’ as he looked at her, a little bit frustrated. “And I knew very well ya would do anythin' for it when ya wanted something.” He said as he rolled his eyes, “I need to say goodbye to my money. Goodbye to hell, money. See ya there.”

 

She covered to muffle her own giggles and laughs but failed miserably. He shoots her a ‘what’ look but she just simply laughed at his expression and words. Both of them stopped their activities when the waiters putted their menu on the table. As soon as the food was served, they both eat the delicious food while enjoying each other companies in silence.

 


 

“You’re payin' now. I promise I’ll take to your sibling place as long as you’re paying now! Gosh, I think my money ain’t gonna make it until the end of the day!! Didn’t know ya eat like a pig!” He said as he hopelessly entered the arcade game while looking at his poor pocket. His money already decreased since she ordered for more foods when she knew the foods are so delicious there.

 

She didn’t mad at him since she’s proud she did eat a lot. “Hah! In the end, I’m the one who surprised you, not otherwise! Oh and for me, eating was the source of life and stress reliever! Eating is good as long as you do exercise!” She said proudly while looking at him.

 

“Oh? Never know the pigs do exercise. And hey, I just noticed ya didn’t wear your glasses.” He said while stared at her faces. Today, she just wears a simple orange shirt, a white long jean, and a simple pair of white flat shoes. She brings a small white bag that she used for keeping cellphone and money.

 

She grumpily kicked his feet when he said she’s a pig and walked away from him, leaving him groaning painfully behind. She came closer to counter buy some coins for playing at the arcade with her money. After bought some coins, she turned around to search for Woohyun who sat on the alone at the bench near the shooting games.

 

“Hey, I already bought these.” Chorong said as she gave some the coins to him. He gladly accepted the coins and stood up, leaving her behind, didn’t bother to say thanks. Oh, he really is a jerk! Chorong thought grumpily while looking at him who getting ready to play the shooting games.

 

“Are ya gonna stand there and watch me play or join me instead?” He asked while entering some coins. “‘Cause ain’t gonna sit there and watch ya play some girly games.” He continued.

 

“Hey! I don’t play girly games! I do play shooting games! Just you look, I’m gonna beat your scores!” She said angrily as she entered some coins too at the player 2 slot. Seeing her so angry, made him chuckles at her cute expression.


 


 

“Hey! Didn’t know you shoot like Sunggyu! Heck, I've never beat that guy on shooting no matter how small that guy eyes are! And I can’t believe ya just beat me in this game too!” He shouted in disbelief as she grinned happily.

 

“I dunno if that guy Sunggyu who you just talking about is a great shooter or you just simply a bad shooter…” She said as she laughed.

 

“Hey! That guy is creepy! Don’t challenge him!” He shouted as he looked around. “Don’t mind about that! I challenge you to play this game!” He shouted as he pointed another game to play. For the rest of the afternoon, both of them enjoy playing the games at the arcade.

 


 

“I surrender…” Woohyun said as he raised his hands, acted like he really surrendered. “You’re a god game just like that bastard Sunggyu! I never will beat you!” He groaned as he rubs his faces in frustration.

 

“Pft, there’s no such ‘god game’. You’re just weak at it.” She said proudly as she looked at him with the kind of expression Woohyun hate, the teasing expression. “Oh, I dunno about this Sunggyu but you should stop saying your friend a ‘bastard’ for thousands times today. That’s not nice.”

 

“Shut it or ain’t gonna take you to your sister.” He said threatening her while crossed an arm in front of his chest. Hearing this, she pouted as she mumbled ‘sorry’. “When we’re going there?” He asked her while eyeing her.

 

“Can we go now?” She happily asked as she looked at him full of hope. “Here’s the address!” She happily said as she handed a piece of paper of address. He examined the paper carefully. After he read the paper, he looked at her and raised an eyebrow as if he doesn’t believe the address.

 

“Are ya sure this is the address? It’s freaking far from here.” He said as he looked at the address once more then looked at her while waiting the answer.

 

“Yup, that’s why I’m too lazy to use a public transportation…” She said while grinned at him. “You promised you’re going to take me there so no buts!” She ordered as she playfully kicks Woohyun’s leg several times.

 

“Tch, fine fine. You better stop kicking me or else I’ll drop ya from the motorcycle later.” Woohyun threatened her and started to head to the parking lot. “Oh yeah, ya better tell your friends that you’re leaving.” He reminded as he kept walking towards the parking lots.

 

“Oh yeah! You’re right…” She said as she quickly took her phone from her bag and texted her friend. Before he had left her so far away, she quickly putted her phone back to her tiny bag and followed him sooner.

 

“Ya sure type fast there, shorty.” Woohyun said as he took his motorcycle key on his pocket and started the engine. Since she doesn’t know how to drive a motorcycle (Okay… it’s lame, isn’t it?), she just dumbly watched him started his engine and waited for him to order something like ‘sit behind’.

 

He comfortably sat on the motorcycle and wore his black helmet that’s been putted on the motorcycle. Before he says anything to her, he took his jacket that’s been putted nicely under the helmet and wore it quickly. After he putted on his jacket, he turned around to see her and spoke to her, “Are ya gonna stand there for whole day or what?” He asked as he gestured to sit behind him.

 

She observed the motorcycle and looked at his face. “Are you sure about this? Is it… safe?” She asked while looking at him a little bit anxious.

 

“If ya don’t wanna me to take ya there, just take the damn public transportation.” He said, pretty damn irritated at her lack trust. “Just sit behind me and you’ll be fine. Trust me.” He continued.

 

“O-okay, then…” She said as she held his shoulder to help her sat behind him.

 

“I think you better hold tight.” He said calmly as he getting ready his motorcycle. Before she could ask what he meant, he already drove off the parking lot with such a high speed, making her hugged his waist automatically.

 

Uh-oh, she never being so close to a boy before and when she hugged him, her heart just won’t stop beating harder. Since she knew her heart starting beating faster, she’s afraid if he could know about it. She couldn’t help to think what did he feels now?

 

But she could care less about it right now since she just wanted to cherish this moment so she snuggled closer to him while she had a chance.

 


 

“Here we are!” Chorong shouted happily as she jumped down from the motorcycle, making the poor thing a little bit stumble and almost fall. Thank god, there’s him who’s holding onto his own motorcycle or he might lose some money again to repair the poor motorcycle. She could hear him shouted at her about how expensive his motorcycle is but she knew it’s kinda useless, since she doesn’t pay attention to it.

 

“Gyuri-unnie!!” She shouted as she opened the flower shop’s door that she knew very well before entering the shop with Woohyun. It’s a flower shop that her sister owned and it’s pretty popular around the neighborhood. People always ordered the very best design bouquets of flowers for their date or for some party such as marriage or funeral.

 

“Oh! Chorong-ah!” Someone shouted from upstairs and soon both of them could hear the sound of footsteps rushing from upstairs before a figure appearing from the top of the stairs and running downstairs right towards them.

 

The person who’s being called ‘Gyuri-unnie’ by Chorong smiled at her before noticing the boy who’s standing some steps behind them. “Oh? It’s–” She said but stop abruptly before smiling understandingly at his direction and to her direction again. Chorong couldn’t see his expression since he’s behind her so she doesn’t know what expression he had made until her own sister turned so suddenly.

 

“Ahh… I see…” She said as she chuckled. “So you both here are on a date, yes? I must say this is very interesting to know someone managed to ask her on a date and didn’t get all beat up.” She laughed when Chorong shooting a dagger glare at her while Woohyun tilting his head and confusedly looked at her sister.

 

“ 'm sorry to say this but I didn’t ask her on a date. And what’d ya mean by ‘get all beat up’? Never saw her beating someone asses.” He said confusedly as he watched Chorong’s sister expression turning amused and looked at her own sister before laughing again.

 

“I forgot she’s turning nice since elementary. Because she still keep her badass side of her when she’s around here.” Her sister smiled mockingly at Chorong before looking at him again. “Oh, my name is Park Gyuri, by the way. I’m her big sis. What’s your name?”

 

“The name’s Nam Woohyun. Wait a sec… You’re my cousin’s girlfriend!” He shouted as he pointed at her while wide-eyed looking at her.

 

At this statement, the grumpy Chorong who’s been mocked by her own sister since she arrived here, looked at her own sister while literally jaw-dropped. “You have a boyfriend!?” She shouted as loud as him.

 

“Well, you never told me you got yourself a boyfriend, too. So why should I bother to tell?” She laughed as she walked away from Chorong who’s shouting about being single and got no boyfriend. Hearing this, her own sister turned around at her and smiled teasingly at her, “Mind explain who is he to you? Since you never brought a ‘male’ friend here before, so I take a note that he’s your boyfriend.”

 

“Hell, no! She ain’t mine! My money will die if she’s mine!” He shouted loudly as he stared at Gyuri. “Tch, never knew Seungho-hyung’s girlfriend is the bookworm sister.” He rolled his eyes as he folded an arm in front of his chest.

 

“Bookworm? You’re calling her bookworm!?” She asked him, pretty disbelief when he had said her nickname. “If I were you, I’ll call her pig– Oh, you ever call her that?” She asked when his expression did change, “Oh and I’ll call her living trash. Since I can give the overload food for her to eat, she’s like a living trash for me. But! It’s an only food trash!” She said as she laughed.

 

“Unnie! Stop!” She shouted as she stomped her feet in a childish way. Much to her surprise, both of them burst into laughter after she did that. “What are you guys laughing at!?”

 

“Ya just cute when ya pouts and turned grumpy then stompin' your feet like a child.” He said when his laughter had died and ruffled her hair. His action made her slight mad and she quickly brushed her hairs with her hands when he made her hair a mess.

 

“Rong-mama?” A voice of a child startled all of them and they all quickly turned their head towards the voice source where they could find a little kid who’s rubbing her own eyes with her left hand and holding a big teddy bear with her right hand.

 

“Oh! Gyuri-unnie! Why didn’t you tell me that Min-young’s here? I thought she’s staying over at her friend’s house today!” She asked as she glared at her own sister who just smiled simply at her question. But she quickly ignored her as she turned her head and smiled at the small little child. “Min-young! Oh come here! Rong-mama missed you so much!”

 

“It’s the real Rong-mama!!” The little child shouted loudly as she walked downstairs so fast (Since Chorong was all paranoid when the child had started run at the stairs). Chorong kneeled down a little and pulled the little child into a big bear hug.

 

Unknown to them, the guy who’s been standing there without doing nothing as the scene unfold, was shocked and looking at them wide-eyed. Doesn’t want to interrupted the pair, he turned his face to Gyuri and looked at her full of question. But Gyuri just simply couldn’t understand what he had meant as she raised an eyebrow and looked back at him confusedly, gesturing him to just ask.

 

“Rong-mama? She’s– I mean, that child– Oh, god! So, that bookworm ain’t a anymore?”

 

“Hey! Languages, please! You’re talking in front of a child!” Chorong shouted as she picked the little child up. “And don’t you use those rude comments! I’m still the ‘v’ word.” She said angrily as she kept glaring at him. She just so pissed off at him right now.

 

“Mama, why is Mama mad? Did Mama mad at Min-young? Min-young is so sorry if she had made Mama mad!” The little child said sadly as she snuggled closer to Chorong.

 

“N-no! I’m not mad at you, Min-young-ah…” She patted the little child head as she comforted her and let the little child snuggled closer to her. But she could still feel the sad aura from the little child. “Oh come on, Min-young… You know Mama never mad at you… So stop being so sad…”

 

“Hey! Ya freaking me out! Why’s she calling ya ‘Mama’!?” He asked rudely as he glared at Chorong. But the girl just stuck her tongue out and didn’t answer him.

 

Before the tension grew, Gyuri decided to answer for her. “Well, Min-young is an adopted child on our family and she’s been calling Chorong by Rong-mama since she really took care of her really nice. That child is pretty smart… She called her, Rong-mama while called our parents ‘Omma’ and ‘Appa’. Well… that’s before they died. Min-young said, she will call someone ‘Papa’ when someone took care both of her and her Rong-mama.”

 

“Then what did she call ya?” He asked while smirked teasingly and tauntingly. He doesn’t want to bring up the topic of their parents dead. It just not nice…

 

“Gyuri-mommy. She said she couldn’t call her unnie because of the .” She said as she smiled proudly at the smartness of her own adopted little sister.

 

He wanted to laugh at the funny thought of the little kid but stopped when he felt a tugged on his sleeve. He turned his head around only to find Chorong already standing not so far by him and kinda struggling to balance the little kid who’s tugging on his sleeve. He decided to ask the little kid, “What’s wrong, kid?”

 

The little kid smiles sweetly and grinned. “Who… you?” The little kid asked while kept tugging on the guy’s sleeve.

 

“The name is Nam Woohyun.” He said simply as he grinned at the little child. “So you’re Park Min-young?” He asked as nice as he could while ruffled the little child hair. He could hear the so-called ‘Mama’ shouted at him when he did that.

 

The little kid didn’t answer the question but simply just blinked once, twice, then smiled knowingly while shouted with proud and happiness, “He’s Papa! Hyun-papa!”

 

“No, kid! I ain't your papa!” He said loudly but already tried to suppress his voice, since he doesn’t want to make the little kid cry.

 

“B-but, Mama and Hyun-papa really care for each other! Min-young could see it!” The little kid said happily as she kept tugging on the older guy sleeve. “Just lemme call you Papa! I called Gyuri-mommy’s boyfriend Seungho-daddy!” She said happily but he almost laughed his off when that little kid says ‘Seungho-daddy’. That’s just… so weird.

 

“Just let her be, Woohyun. I don’t really care when it’s coming from her. Making her happy is my priority…” She told him as she looked at him. Hopefully he could make the little child happy.

 

Gladly enough, he understood the message behind the words and said, “Fine. Call me whatever you want, kid.” Those words made the little kid happy as she stopped tugging his sleeve and hugged his arm instead.

 

“Oh, by the way…” Chorong said as she handed over Min-young to him since she wanted him to carry her and pick her up. She turned her head towards her big sister and smiled, “… I only come here to take the key…” On the corner of her eyes, she could see how the little kid jokingly pulling the older guy hair while the older guy grumpily let the younger one did whatever she like.

 

Gyuri smiled knowingly, “Wait here.” She said as she walked off to the cashier of the shop and opened the drawer next to it. She took some time to search for the thing and smiled widely when she founded the key. “Here you go!” She said happily as she approached her while giving the little thing to her.

 

“Thanks Gyuri!” She said as she turned around to order Woohyun something. “Now, let’s– What the– Are you okay!?” She asked when she saw the little kid was jokingly attacking his head and pulled his hair pretty harshly. Oh, poor him…

 

“Get off from him, Min-young… I think he’s hurt…” Chorong reminded the little kid as she picked her off from his head. The little kid pouted cutely at her when she picked her off his head and putted her down.

 

“We’re leaving now… See you next time, Min-young.” Chorong said as she patted the little kid’s head.

 

“Aww, bye bye, Mama and Papa!” The little kid said sadly as she waved at them before looking around to search for her teddy bear.

 

“Bye you two! Come and visit us some other times okay?” Gyuri said as she waved at them too. They both just simply smiled and waved back before heading outside the shop and heading to his motorcycle.

 

“Where are we going now?” He asked as started the engine of his motorcycle. “It’s getting dark now… Are ya sure to go wherever there is– right now?” He asked again to make sure her decision was right as he wore his helmet.

 

“Yup! It’s pretty far from here but I’ll lead the way!” She said excitedly as she sat behind him.

 


 

“It’s your… garden?” He asked, pretty amazed at the breathtaking view in front of him while waited her opening the garden’s gate. “It’s really yours? I mean– oh, god…” He couldn’t take his eyes off the beautiful view as he said so.

 

“Yeah, Gyuri and I took care of these flowers…” She said happily as she opened the gate, letting him in before letting herself. Since both of them already entered, she locked the gate before walking in the middle of the grass field. “By the way, don’t step at the flowers!” She reminded.

 

The garden has many different kinds of flowers. There are Jasmines, Roses, Dandelions, Orchid, Sunflower, and many more. But not the whole of the garden are flowers. There are some grass fields too and the grass is so soft and fluffy. Oh, how he wanted to sleep on the soft grass.

 

This garden located at the hill somewhere a little bit far from the town and it took so much time for them to come here. There’s not much light around there, just two or three lamps at the gate, at the middle of the field and the farthest part from the gate. So they could see the stars that shining so brightly and beautifully at the night time.

 

“What are you doing there? Sit here with me…” The sound startled him from his thought and made him to turn his head towards the sound source where he could find her sitting at the grass while she hugged her legs and rested her head on her knees as she looked at the sky.

 

He came closer to her and sat behind her. Oh, the comfy and soft grass made him comfortable to sit here longer for sure. Especially when no noise could be heard, it’s so calming. There’s some noise from the bushes when the wind breezes passed them but they care less about it.

 

Since he just looked at her from behind and watched the wind blew some strands of her hair at the same direction as the wind blew. Since they both are far from the lamps, the starlight lit her face and shines her face beautifully. That’s what he called as ‘breathtaking’ view.

 

“I really like this place… It made me calm… Always made me calm… Especially when no one was here and this place was incredibly silent, you know.” She giggled before pausing for a second and continued, “Oh and also, watching the stars at night and feels the soft wind blew all of your body… It just…” She paused for a moment and he could see a smile formed on her lips, “… amazing.”

 

He didn’t say anything. He just looked at her without doing anything. “When I was a little, I always promised to myself that I will have a marriage here.” She said as she smiled widely. “Remembering the past made me feel nostalgic…”

 

She looked at him then scratched her nape embarrassedly, “Ahh, I’m sorry… I didn’t mean… Uh, this is embarrassing! I’m sorry to make you listened at my nonsense!” She smiled embarrassedly while a hint of pink color on her cheek started to appear.

 

“Hmm…” He only said while nodded and looked at her face quiet long, making her a little bit uncomfortable. “Oi, bookworm.” He called out for her while stood up. She watched him stood up as she looked at him curiously.

 

“Be my girlfriend.”

 



Author's note:

Longest chapter I've ever write! 4.9k+! Oh. My. God! I hope I don't mess this up! Since I want to give you all the best woorong date! :D (But... I can't write it properly since I've never gone out to a date before~)

Anyway, Hope you like this! Until then, Byeee~~~