Chapter IV

Bad Plus Good Equals?


Chapter IV



 

Her body was shaking in cold and her uniform wasn’t helping at all. Her short sleeves shirt and short skirt making her a little bit dizzy. The air conditioner at the student council and classrooms made it worse though. She couldn’t stay focus studying at this rate, but she couldn’t do anything about it. How badly she wanted to wear his jacket but she doesn’t want her friends noticed she’s wearing someone jacket.

 

She massaged her both of her temples slowly to make the pain in her head ease away while closing her eyes. The pain decreased slowly but still… the pain in her head made her suffered. She could feel her body temperatures started to rise. Oh how she hoped the bell rang sooner so she could go to the dorm and rest there but there still around two hours left until the last session ended.

 

“Attention to all teachers. Please head to the office immediately. As for the student, you may leave your class but do not go home before further notices. Thank you.”

 

She slowly opened her eyes and saw her teacher left the class while her classmates cheers happily. Many of them started to go outside the classroom while some of them stayed inside, like her. Since her body felt so weak, she just wanted to rest there on her desk while waiting for the bell rang.

 

She looked around to see her classmates who stayed in the class and she spotted Lee Chaerin who slightly tapped at her own desk with her pen to make a beat with it while listening to music with her earphone. She also spotted Kim Ki-bum or usually being called as Key. Don’t ask her why his nickname is Key since she doesn’t know the reason behind it.

 

Seeing Key made her remember of his jacket. She forgot to return it to him at break since she was too preoccupied about her student council works and her damn pain. But she needed to return that jacket or else he might mad at her… again. She sighed and closed her eyes again, tried to make her pain go away.

 

She could hear the door of her classroom was opened but she cared less about it. She just wanted to rest a little bit more… That’s all she wanted. But…

 

“Oi, Key.”

 

That voice… She slowly opened her eyes and blinked once… twice… thrice… And her brain just registered about that voice. So she turned her head to see and make sure that he’s there. And he’s indeed there. So she sighed in relief and opened her back, took his jacket and stood up to approach him.

 

When she approached him, he raised his brow confusedly at her. But Key didn’t notice her presence since his back facing her instead. When she getting closer to both of them, Key just noticed her and smiled brightly at her. “Hey, Chorong.” He greeted. But she didn’t response his greeting when her skin made a contact with the air that blowing from the air conditioner. Sighs, why does Key needed to sit here?

 

“H-hey…” She spoke in low tone quickly before they both noticed her sudden silence but felt so damn dry until her voice started to change a little bit. Key seems didn’t notice (again…) that her voice did changed today. So, she’s super glad since he… is the most overreacting guy she ever saw… until now.

 

“What brings you here?” He asked cheerfully while smiled at her. She looked at the other guy who’s standing beside him. Oh… did she ever mention that she… doesn’t know his name? Hah… pretty shocking isn’t it?

 

“I…,” she coughed a little to clear her voice a little bit, “… wanted to return his jacket…,” She said while took some steps closer to him before she handed his jacket to him and he just took it without saying a single word to her. But he was eyeing her like she’s an alien or something. What’s wrong with him? Geez, he’s making her uncomfortable.

 

“Hey, you should say ‘thank you’, man!” Key ordered him while he just scoffed and rolled his eyes, pretty damn clear that he’s annoyed with his words. Seeing this sight Key just laughed while rambling something she couldn’t really registered since her headache really started to get worse each seconds.

 

She massaged her temples to ease away the pain like before but this time, it’s getting worse. Her legs started to shake and her body felt so weak. Then everything turned to dark.

 


 

He quickly grabbed one of her arm and pulled her to him when he saw she started to fall backwards. So instead of falling to the ground, she fell to him. He held her small body and he just realized that her temperature was high.

 

“What happen to her!?” He could hear his friend shouted but he didn’t reply his question.

 

Instead of answering his question, he grabbed her waist and picked her up. When he picked her up, he used one of his arm to hold her while the other arms helped her wrapped her legs on his waist. He let her head rested on his shoulder to make him easier to carry her. After that, he held her body to make sure she’s not falling and carried her to the nurse office.

 


 

She slowly opened her eyes. Where is she? She doesn’t know where and why she is here. She felt a warm feeling on her head so she raised her hand and hold her forehead. Hot towel? She slowly tried to sit but failed since her body still weak but a little bit better than before. She looked around then slowly noticed that she’s inside the nurse office.

 

“Oh. You’re awake.”

 

She quickly turned her head towards the sound, at first she couldn’t see clearly who but as the person walked closer, she could see him walking towards her and sat on the chair next to her bed. “Why am I here…?” She asked him while rubbed her eyes.

 

“You fainted.” He said simply while crossing his arm in front of his chest. He sure didn’t like to talk much isn’t he? But don’t think about that now, she needed to know how she could be lying on the nurse offices’ bed.

 

“How…?” She asked while closing her eyes slowly when her headache started to invade her head once more. Placing her back right arm right in front of her eyes to covers her eyes from the dim light that come from the curtains and the lamps.

 

“I carried you here.”

 

She quickly snapped open her eyes and looked at him, “Y-you carried… all the way…,” she coughed three times before continuing, “…here?” She asked. Because of her headache, she soon closed her eyes once more and grimaced in pain before opening her eyes again.

 

He rolled his eyes. “Of course and don’t question why.” But seeing her rising an eyebrow to him as if she’s saying ‘Oh really?’ he scoffed and continued, “I wouldn’t want to carry ya again. You’re too damn heavy.”

 

“Hey! I’m not–” Instead of continuing her words, she coughed many times and covered as she did so. After 1-2 minutes full of coughing, she removed her hands from and she felt like she wanted to vomit.

 

Seeing her expression, he took a peek to see what make her looked like that. After he saw it, he quickly stood up because he understood that she wanted to vomit and shouted. “Oi, if you wanted to vomit go to the damn sink!”

 

Hearing his order, she tried to sit straight to walks to the sink but… her body felt so weak and her hands and legs felt like a jelly. Instead of sitting down, her body fell backwards to the bed again and almost vomited there.

 

Quickly, he wrapped an arm behind her back to help her sit straight while grabbed her right hand and flung her arm around his shoulder to help her stand up. Without a word he helped her walks towards her sink. After they arrived to the sink, he let go of her and she quickly grabbed both side of the sink before vomited there.

 

“Your cold is pretty bad.”

 

She the water and cleaned her mouths. “H-hey… c-can you… take me back to the dorm…?” Walking alone to the dorm would be the worst decision now but she needed to go back sooner. So, her only option was asking his help.

 

“Tch. Don’t burden people too much,” He said coldly before continuing, “But sure.”

 

“T-Thank you… Thank you so much…” She said weakly while turning around and trying to walk towards him but she ended to fall forward and he caught her since she fell towards him.

 

“Geez, you sure like to burdening people.” He said before helped her like before towards the bed again. “Do ya want go back?” He asked as he helped her sit on the bed.

 

“Y-yeah… Take me there, please…”

 


 

The bell rang once… twice… thrice… But none of them moved to open the door. They both are sitting at the sofa while watching the latest episode of their favorite drama. But the bell kept ringing so Naeun groaned and stand up to open the door since Eunji didn’t have any single sign of opening the door.

 

“I’m coming!” She shouted as she walked towards the door. She opened the door while groaned, “Who’s there? You should s– C-Chorong!? A-and… oh! Myungsoo’s friend… C-come in…” She said as she opened the door wider.

 

“Nah, I should get going now! Hurry and carry her dammit! Before those stupid teachers saw me!” He ordered her while she quickly obedient at his words and took Chorong from his arms. “Oh, ! That’s Hyori!” He quickly ran after Naeun held Chorong tightly to help her stand.

 

After few seconds, Mrs. Lee Hyori, one of the teachers came approached the door. “Hey, have you seen a rebellion student with many piercing around here? That guy just skipped my class! Please tell me if you seen him okay, Son Naeun?”

 

“Y-yes, Mrs. Lee!” She knew very well that the teacher was looking for the guy that helped Chorong. But she won’t tell Mrs. Lee since she doesn’t want the person who helped her friend being caught by the teacher. At least not now, since she need to said thank you first. Even though that guy was a mean guy since he really ordered her like she was his servant or something.

 

After the teacher went away, she helped her sick friend to her room and made her lying on the bed. “I bet today was sure a tiring day for her…” She said while checking her temperatures.