Dating 101

[Pay It Forward* Multi Review Shop] [CLOSED/ FINISHING REVIEWS]

 
MAIN HEADER

Pay It Forward*

 
POSTER HERE

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Fluff

 

Characters: Kim Jongdae (Chen), Yoon Aira (OC)

 

Status: Ongoing

 

Yoon Aira, a twenty-two year old university student, has little to no clue on how it's like to date someone. Throughout her school years up to high school graduation, she's never experienced things a 'normal' girl would have gone through. These things would include; Confessing to a crush, going on a first date, having her first kiss, and most importantly, getting her first boyfriend. Kim Jongdae, Aira's annoyingly cute classmate, has nearly all the knowledge of what to do when you're dating someone. Or so he claims. After finding out Aira's crush dilemma, Jongdae takes it upon himself to take this innocent girl under his wing and teach her the dating basics. This leads to the two of them meeting with each other every other day after school and having, what Jongdae likes to call, "Dating 101" lessons.

Notes From Reviewer

 

Don"t forget to comment when picking up. Also don't forget to credit the shop by directly linking us in your foreward, also feel free to use our banner as well..

 

Title (8/10)

I, myself, think good of this title. It's coming from the name of learning websites like German 101, Korean 101,etc.. It suits the story well, but it doesn't grab any  attention. I agree with you in keeping "Dating" as a part of the title, but not with "101".

Description & Foreword (17/20)

I like how you used vivid vocabulary here, but it still doesn't seem catchy to readers' eyes. Moreover, the first sentence you used (written in brown, in the description) isn't flowing good. It's not a good way to list all the questions altogether in the same line. However, it will look better if it was a question, an action/ answer, then a question, then an action/answer, and so on.

Originality (8/10)

Whether it's original or not, that's not my point. But, It has similar ideas to many stories here on AFF, and I find it taking some ideas from here and some from there. Maybe you could use our imagination and write something new, as in new scenes. 

 

Storyline: (18/20)

It's not cliche as I thought it would be. But honestl, the first 2-3 chapters were boring. It's not that they dont have scenes or that nothing new happens, there were pretty good scenes, but I think, you couldn't write them well in 'the best' style, that made them look un-interesting. But later on with the rest of the chapters, it started getting exciting later, about how the party is going to be and that time she vomited on Luhan's Adidas.  

Grammar and Spelling (7/10)

It was pretty good, though I found a some numerable spelling errors. What caught my eyes is your sentence structure/ grammar/ uses of prepositions; like in chapter 5, there's a line which says ' in her bottom lip, she scanned over the few outfits....' You shouldn't have used 'in' here. other mistakes are having the same concepts. However, it's alright, as long as it was understandable.

Characterization (6/10)

I personally think that characters weren't fully developed and expressed. You write too many descriptive sententences that aren't even important, and you miss developing your characters. For example, you talked about Baekhyun's looks and clothing style alot (and that's not even important, it's not affecting the story) and you didn't mention anything about his habits/personality/hobbies other than that he likes to tease Chen and blackmail him. Luhan's character wasn't fully developed too.

Flow (10/10)

Well, Whatever scenes you wrote, you made it flow flawlessly. That made it easier to the readers to contain the story.

Personal Enjoyment (7/10)

As I mentioned above that some chapters were extremely boring, that I had to force myself to continue reading to finish this story xD. But later on it was pretty good, and I liked it! I hope to see this interesting side of writing in the coming chapters. Fighting!

I am sorry for taking this long to finish this review. but my school life started and tests/exams started hitting on me. I hope you are satisfied with this review, and I look forward to read more catchy chapters in the near future :) 

Overall (81/100)