Of movies, a steak knife and Versace perfumes

Of Love Story Clichés and the Woman Who Hates Them

"Quentin Tarantino is my hero! Have you watched his movies? All those blood spurting out from decapitated bodies! Don't you just love that?" Sandara Park slams both of her hands on the table startling the man seated across from her. She looks at him with wild eyes daring him to answer. 

Her supposed to be future husband starts wiping off the sweat accumulating in his forehead. "I'm more of a Wes Anderson fan." he squeaks.

"Ugh! Those rose-colored movies! Who cares about fancy stationaries and a grim-faced Bill Murray. I'll show you what a great movie is made of. On our second date, let's watch Pulp Fiction at my house. If you come, I'll make sure to make it a memorable date." she winks at him seductively. 

"I'm not really sure about that since I'll be busy this coming weeks." Kwang soo gingerly takes the steak knife away from Dara's reach.

"We can do it next month then. Say no again, I dare you, I double dare you motherf*cker, say no one more G*ddamn time!" Dara grabs Kwang soo's hand which is still holding the knife. He stands up abruptly.

"O-okay. I'll just go to the restroom." he stutters before leaving for the restaurant exit in a hurry.

"Well, that was an amusing act." The man seated at the table next to Dara stands up and approaches her. "You really are as catty as the rumors say." 

Dara glares at him menacingly. "I don't respect people who believes in rumors. Catty? You mean b*tch right." 
 
Dara openly sizes the man up. He is handsome and if they were in a situation more pleasant than this one, he'd probably have the chance to join Dara's list of crushes. He is standing so near to where she is seated that Dara can almost pinpoint what perfume he is using. Versace with a pinch of manliness. 

She stands up to leave when the waiter hurries to her side. "Maam, I apologize beforehand but your companion didn't pay so I'd have to give you the bill." 

"Of course." Dara said sullenly to the obviously trembling waiter.

"Just add it to my bill." the man, who is now beside her, gives the waiter his credit card.

She slaps his arm away. "I can pay for my own meal." Looking at the waiter "Here's my card, and the next time that of a man I was with dines here tell him I said hi."

The waiter flinches at Dara's words but takes the card carefully.

"Such foul language to come out of those beautiful lips. How disappointing." The man shakes his head in mock disapproval.

Dara looks at the stranger "I don't understand why you're still talking to me or why you even talked to me in the first place but I'll cut it short for you, I.AM.NOT.INTERESTED." 

She turns her back at him and walks, with her head held high, towards the staff to process the payment. She could not stand to stay another minute in close proximity with that strange person. Somehow, she feels her heart beat faster. Anger. This is due to anger. 

The mystery man watches Dara leave. I'll make you interested Sandara Park-ssi. He smirks but it only lasted for a second because he realizes just how cheesy that line was. He ruffles his hair.

"That girl can still drive me mad." he murmurs.


In her car, Dara reads a message sent by Kwang soo, the guy she just had a blind date with.

From: 010-xxxx-xxxx
Sandara-ssi, thank you for agreeing to have a date with me. I'm sorry that I had to leave early as there was an emergency. I'm looking forward to seeing you again when my work schedule has cleared.

Dara snorts. This message has bullsh*t written all over it. She deletes the message.

Maybe, it's the fact that she is already 29 years old but still single while most of her friends are either married or divorced that the people around her thinks its okay to just force any guy to her. They are probably thinking that she is so desperate to be in a relationship that any guy would do.

Dara starts the car. If they are jealous of my single life, it's their fault for marrying early. Well, sorry for them but I am not ready to fall in love just yet.

 

 

("Say ‘what’ again, I dare you, I double dare you motherf****, say what one more Goddamn time!"- This is a line from Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction. TBH I've never watched that movie as many of QT's movies. I'm actually more of a Wes Anderson fan.😝

Also, sorry for all the cursing.)