Greed is The Reason For The Game

Killing and Dealing Are The Names Of The Game

                “I’ll get it.” Himchan said after hearing a knock on their hotel door. His hand was on his gun as he looked through the peephole. His hand left his gun at the sight of the person there, but he didn’t relax.

                Himchan opened the door, feeling a mixture of emotions. “Zelo.”

                Zelo smiled. “Hey Himchan. Going to let me in?”

                Himchan sighed and moved aside so that Zelo could walk in. “I’m surprised they let the heir to the Choi drug cartel walk around without an only a day after the boss’ funeral.”

                “The reading of the will is later today so…” Zelo shrugged before falling into a chair. “Until then I’m still just the useless son.”

                Himchan frowned as he observed Zelo. “How—“

                “Zelo!” Youngjae came rushing in from the bathroom. “What did you think of our performance?”

                Zelo chuckled. “Besides from the part where Himchan almost shot me I think we are okay. What happened anyhow?”

                Youngjae’s gaze shot over to Himchan. “You didn’t tell me you almost shot him!”

                “It wasn’t important.” Himchan said tensely as he sunk into one of the chairs.

                Youngjae fell into another chair and stared at the two. “No wonder you were freaking—“

                Himchan’s glare cut him off. “Youngjae accidentally set the timer for 20 minutes.”

                “Wasn’t it supposed to be for 30 minutes!?” Zelo looked at Youngjae in shock.

                Youngjae looked down in shame. “I heard 20…”

                Himchan sighed before ruffling Youngjae’s hair. “It’s okay. Mistakes happen. Let’s just be happy that nothing seriously bad happened—ah! I’m sorry about the few guards I killed.”

                “It was a lot fewer than I imagined so thanks for that. You actually didn’t kill any of the ones I was fond of so, I’m thankful for that.” Zelo laughed. “In fact, Jongup and Daehyun were the ones you beat up. They are so ashamed now that I don’t know if they have even left the gym.”

                Youngjae chuckled. “Never thought I would hear the day Himchan would apologize for killing people.”

                Himchan scowled but Youngjae only laughed harder. He pushed Youngjae’s head slightly before turning on Zelo who was watching them in amusement. “So, what are you here for?”

                “Ah!” Zelo ruffled around in his backpack before laying down a huge stack of bills. “Here is the money I owe you.”

                Himchan flipped through it on principle and then threw it to Youngjae who walked over to their duffel bags. Youngjae would test each bill with their pen to make sure they weren’t counterfeit before putting the money away to be deposited later.

                “Well, that’s one transaction down…” Himchan thought out loud.

                “When are you meeting with your other client?” Zelo asked curiously.

                Himchan looked at his watch. “In two hours.”

                Zelo nodded before biting his lip in thought.

                Himchan waited, knowing the younger had something else he wanted to say. Usually he wasn’t this patient but, this would probably be the last time he saw Zelo so he was allowing himself to soak in the sight.

                “I have another proposition for you.”

                Himchan raised his eyebrow in curiosity. “Already? You haven’t even been named the new boss yet you want us to kill someone?”

                “Wow, you work fast.” Youngjae said as he returned to the table. He had his tablet in his hands ready to take down notes.

                “It isn’t like that…” Zelo exhaled. “I want you to come work for me.”

                “What?” Himchan couldn’t believe the words coming from Zelo’s mouth. “You have tons of guards waiting at your beck and call, yet you want us?”

                “Are you just afraid we will come kill you?” Youngjae asked straightforwardly.

                Himchan leaned back into his chair and smirked. “Of course, we now have all the information possible on your mansion. We are your biggest threat.”

                Zelo groaned. “You two are the least of my worries.”

                Himchan frowned. “How is that even possible? I’ve proved twice now that I can get to you easily.”

                Zelo leaned forward and rubbed his eyes. “Can I talk to you both as friends?”

                “No.” “Yes.”

                The brother’s glared at each other. Their thoughts were present on each other’s faces as they tried to communicate without words, not wanting Zelo to be present to their argument.

                “It doesn’t actually matter because depending on how this goes I might be dead in a few hours.”

                Himchan’s blood ran cold and Youngjae smirked, knowing what Himchan was feeling. Himchan groaned. “Fine, just talk and I promise nothing here will be used against you.”

                “I might not inherit my father’s business.”

                If the brothers had been shocked before by Zelo, it was nothing compared to what they were feeling now.

                “Glad to see I got your attention.” Zelo mumbled before sitting up so he could explain. “My mother was my father’s real wife but before I was born he had a child born by a mistress. They hid it from the public because my father married my mother through a political marriage. Just last year though my mother died and my father married that mistress.”

                Himchan nodded, coming to understand. “So, your older half-brother wants to take over the family business.”

                “No,” Zelo chuckled. “He is a great guy though and we get along well. He wasn’t raised anywhere near the mansion and wants to become a… I don’t know something normal and righteous for children.”

                Himchan frowned. “What is the problem then?”

                Zelo sighed. “My step-mother wants to take over the drug business and then pass it on to my older brother. She wants to force him to take over so that her line can be in power.”

                “Right…”

                “But your older brother doesn’t want it.” Youngjae said confused.

                “She doesn’t care.” Zelo shrugged. “The bad part is that a good number of the guards are on her side.”

                “You can’t trust them.” Himchan’s expression darkened.

                “I’m confused though.” Youngjae scratched his head. “Your father is the one who picks his own heir right? Not the--” Youngjae gasped. “The will reading is today!”

                Zelo nodded with a sigh. “I don’t know if my father was able to change his will yet. I had to have him killed before he changed it; for both my half-brother and my own life.”

                “This is insane.” Youngjae sat there wide eyed.

                “So at the reading,” Himchan started as he tried to see if he had all the information correct. “Either your step mother or half-brother will become the new boss and you possibly get killed, or at minimum get kicked out of the house which might get you killed on the streets, or you get appointed as boss and rogue guards assassinate you. Am I understanding you correctly?”

                At Zelo’s nod Youngjae muffled a frustrated scream. “Why do the guards not like you!? How can they pick someone they don’t know?”

                “Have you seen what I look like?” Zelo chuckled as he gestured to his face. “I’m not the scariest looking guy on the planet but my half-brother…” Zelo sighed. “Sweetest guy I know, absolutely adores children, yet he has the face of a natural killer.”

                “Is that supposed to mean something?” Himchan crossed his arms, feeling offended.

                “Sorry I didn’t mean it like that.” Zelo smiled. “I just mean that this guy looks like he was born for the position.”

                Himchan huffed as he looked away.

                Youngjae sighed. “So… you want to hire us to keep you safe until this blows over?”

                “Well,” Zelo’s eyes met Himchan’s before they flicked away. “I’d be willingly to take you on permanently if you wanted.”

                “No.”

                Zelo quickly hid his disappointment. “No?”

                “What the hell do you mean no?!” Youngjae looked at Himchan in rage.

                “I said no.” Himchan said calmly. “There are only two people in this world I protect, Youngjae and myself. Everyone else is open game.”

                “I understand.” Zelo said tensely as he stood up. “I better get going. The will reading is soon.”

                “Hold on.” Youngjae told Zelo as he glared daggers at his stubborn brother. “We might not be taking your offer but I’ll stick by your side for a while.”

                “Young—“

                “Shut up!” Youngjae shouted. “Zelo is someone I consider a friend so I won’t let him walk to his death with only a few trusted guards on his back.”

                “Youngjae, you don’t have to. I understand—“

                “I know I’m not as good as Himchan but, no one is my brother.” Youngjae couldn’t help the prideful smile. “I’m decent and can hold my own. I’ll help if you want me to.”

                Zelo blinked slowly as he thought. “Can you come in your Joko attire?”

                Youngjae grinned. “Yes, planning on throwing them off?”

                Zelo smirked and Himchan slammed his hands on the table. He glared at Youngjae knowing he couldn’t change his brother’s mind. He then switched his glare over to Zelo, the one offering the ridiculous offer in the first place. He was conflicted and he didn’t like it. Himchan wanted to help Zelo but it went against everything he started off thinking. It was easier to kill than it was to protect and he knew that. Just protecting Youngjae and himself was getting difficult. He couldn’t take on another person who could control him, cloud his thoughts when he tried to work.

                Himchan kicked the table out of anger. “Do whatever the hell you want. I’m going to shower and get ready to meet our client.”

                “Him—“ He slammed the bathroom door, trying to keep his thoughts of Zelo outside the door along with the actual person.

 

                Himchan checked his watch one more time. The time clicked over and Himchan knocked on the hotel room door. Within seconds the door opened and a man in a suit opened the door. He looked at Himchan with a raised eyebrow, but let him come in. Himchan didn’t blame him since he was wearing his Tats mask along with the outfit Zelo had bought him. The guard must have been wondering how Himchan had been allowed in looking the way he did. He hadn’t been allowed in; he snuck in from the side of the building so there was little evidence of him being there.

                Himchan looked around the expensive looking hotel room almost wishing he had charged his client more.

                “We’ll need your weapons.” A bodyguard commanded.

                “Hell no.” Himchan growled.

                The guards scowled. “I won’t allow you—“

                “It’s okay. We already agreed that he was to keep his weapons.” A female’s voice dismissed her guards.

                Begrudgingly they backed down and escorted Himchan into the sitting room. They walked into the room and Himchan finally met his client. He had almost expected to meet with a silhouette on a paper screen again but instead there was nothing blocking his view of the older woman who was in all black, including a black veil falling over her face. Himchan wasn’t one to judge people’s attire since he was wearing a pink mask and had a white bunny face painted on the handles of his visible guns, but still, he thought it was strange that she looked like she had come from a funeral. There was also a part of his mind that was nagging him, telling him that this woman seemed familiar but he pushed it aside since it wasn’t likely.

                Himchan sat on the couch opposite her and waited for the money to be passed over. His fingers twitched in anticipation of the huge pay day and an excuse to finally be able to leave this town. His heart hurt at the thought but he quickly dashed the coming thoughts away.

                The woman snapped her fingers and one of her men placed an open suitcase on the small coffee table, showing Himchan’s money. Himchan reached forward only for the woman to close the case. Himchan glared at her, waiting for a damn good explanation.

                “Don’t worry, you’ll still get your money.” She smirked. “What if I promised you double if you killed someone else for me?”

                Himchan kept his face neutral even though he was wracked with surprise. “Go on.”

                She smiled, knowing she had him where she wanted him. “I’ll double it if you kill the Choi boy, who inherited the business today.”

                “What?” The word of disbelief fell out of his mouth before he could stop himself.

                “Not high enough?” She nodded. “It is true that the mansion security will be raised now, but if I give you some information about the place I’m sure it won’t be a problem, especially since most of his guards are leaving him…”

                Himchan tensed up as he realized where he recognized the woman from. This was the woman he had shot a dart at in the master bedroom, this woman was Zelo’s stepmother and she was putting a hit out on him.

                “Alright,” She clapped her hands. “How about triple this amount in addition if you kill him, and you are quick about it?”

                Himchan immediately stood up, startling the woman, although it was probably more from the guns he was holding in his hands. Before she could take another breath she was dead with a bullet in her head. Himchan fired at the guards, killing them, but not before getting hit with a bullet to his arm. He hissed in pain. He didn’t have time to inspect the wound because he could hear guards in the other room getting ready to pour in.

                He picked up the case of money and ran for the door, making it outside just as the first bullet came whizzing towards him. He took the stairs, practically jumping down flights of stairs in his escape. He heard the sounds of men running after him and he knew he couldn’t afford to stop. He exited on the second floor and looked around.

                Himchan ran to the room at the end of the hall towards the back of the building and banged on the door. When an irate man answered the door Himchan slammed the door into him and then punched him before he could retaliate. A woman inside screamed but Himchan ignored her as he ran to the window. He opened it with ease and used the fire escape ladder to get himself into the alley below. From there he ran down two more blocks, not trusting his lead on the thugs, and hopped into his car. There was no time rest.

                Himchan turned the car on and sped towards Zelo’s mansion. His thoughts were running a mile a minute, but the most prominent one was how he had just killed someone for Zelo. He had just turned down almost a million dollars for a brat he had only known two weeks.

                 Before he knew it he was at the gate of the Choi mansion.

                “State your name and purpose.” A voice over the intercom said.

                “I’m Tats from Matoki. You might have seen my partner early with Zelo. Zelo is expecting me.” Himchan tried to sound rational but his fear over Zelo’s well-being was making him shake.

                “We weren’t aware of—“

                “Listen here ,” Himchan growled. “One way or another I’m coming in. Either you let me in and no one gets hurt or I will break in and kill you all much like I killed the person who just tried to have Zelo assassinated.”

                “Daehyun, who-- Him—Tats?! What are you doing here?” Youngjae’s voice filtered over.

                “Joko,” Himchan growled. “I swear if—“

                “It’s open.” The gate slowly started to open. “You know threatening their well-being isn’t a good way to get in. What the hell is wrong with you?”

                Himchan gunned the engine, speeding to the building. He jumped out, almost forgetting to turn the car off. He threw the front doors open and was met with a security guard coming down the stairs screaming at him to halt.

                Zelo rushed in from the living room with Youngjae on his heels. “Stand down Jongup, he’s with me. Jesus Tats you are bleeding—“

                “Looks like we will take your offer about staying.” Himchan said as he stalked over to Zelo.

                Zelo’s eyes lit up although still confused, while Youngjae furrowed his brow obviously not understanding what could have made Himchan change his mind so rapidly.

                “What made you change your mind?” Zelo asked next.

                Within three more strides Himchan was in front of Zelo. He pulled down his mask, making Youngjae gasp. He wasn’t paying attention to his brother though because he was cupping Zelo’s face, bringing the tall blue haired boy down for a kiss.

                Zelo’s surprise slowly melted away as he sighed into the kiss, letting his own hands rest on Himchan’s waist.

                Himchan’s panting made him pull back faster than he would have liked. Immediately he missed the feeling of the younger’s lips against his, so he settled with leaning their foreheads together as he began to calm down, knowing Zelo was safe.

                “Because I can’t kill you.” Himchan finally admitted.

                “Oh …” Youngjae cursed. “Did you just turn down a job to kill him? I heard you say something about killing someone who wanted Zelo dead… how many people did you just kill? How much money did you just turn down?!”

                Zelo blinked slowly as he absorbed the information. He smirked. “So, you want me alive now?”

                “I want you to be mine, so yes, you need to be alive.” Himchan said honestly as he pulled Zelo closer to him.

                Youngjae gagged before he left the room, telling Jongup to leave the two be. Zelo was blushing but trying hard to keep Himchan’s gaze so he didn’t seem like the weaker of the two, but he was lost for words at Himchan’s confession.

                Himchan chuckled before rising up to kiss Zelo’s forehead. “You’re too cute to be a drug lord. I need to stay by your side so people stop kidnapping you.”

                Zelo frowned. “You were the last one to kidnap me!”

                “Yes, and let’s keep it that way.”

                Zelo sighed but nuzzled his face into Himchan’s hands. “You’re hired and…”

                Himchan waited for the rest of Zelo’s sentence only to be met with a kiss from the younger instead. Himchan smiled. It was the only answer he needed. He would answer their questions later, get his arm checked out later, and figure out what exactly his life would be like in the future later. Right now, he had Zelo finally in his arms and he didn’t want to let him go anytime soon. 


A/N: And that's all folks! Thanks for all the love you gave my story!

I hope you liked this~ Please leave me comments with what you thought.

I really like to know anything so I know how I can improve in the future ^_^

 

I'll see you around with the next story<3